Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 4th of July Patriotic Swap-2nd Annual -CLOSED
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic 4th of July Patriotic Swap-2nd Annual -CLOSED Next Topic
Page: of 14

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5140 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5140 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  10:04:06 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, your gifts from Nancy Jo are awesome! and I love that mosaic! Could you email me that pic ,so I can zoom in, and look at it closer!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  10:39:48 AM  Show Profile
April,

Will be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted on how everything is going.

hugs
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  4:25:55 PM  Show Profile
Her surgery was successful and we're waiting to see her. Thanks for your prayers. Keep praying for a full recovery. Thank you!

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5140 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5140 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  4:33:27 PM  Show Profile
GREAT NEWS APRIL! THANK YOU LORD!!

IMAGINE....#3392
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  6:33:37 PM  Show Profile
Yes, April, wonderful news! Praise God!

Blessings,
Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7621 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7621 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  7:43:12 PM  Show Profile
April
I am praying for your daughter to a good recovery and everything heal really well.
Darlene

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

SpyChicken
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Christine
Fond du Lac WI
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  7:46:45 PM  Show Profile
A HUGE thank you to you Ninibini for my awesome patriotic box (oh I do wish I could post a pic!) I received the best package!! Lots of items perfect for a 4th of July bbq-plates, flags, confetti, cupcake liners, sprinkles...yay!! I also received a delicious smelling candle, adorable patriotic boyd's bear and a really cool July 4th book! I keep my drawing pencils in coffee mugs so the red/white/blue mug was fabulous as were the coasters (you know how iced tea sweats in the summertime!)...I really appreciated the "battle saints bracelet" too...as our family always takes some time to think about the soldiers who keep us safe.

It was such a nice surprise to come home to after a week in Canada!! Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness! :)
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  8:16:52 PM  Show Profile
April, so happy to hear that your daughter's surgery went well! Will be saying prayers that she heals quickly!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  9:04:57 PM  Show Profile
Great news April...I'm glad she's doing well. Prayers for her speedy recovery!

Hugs, Tammy

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  07:51:42 AM  Show Profile
April, I am so happy for you and your Family.

My swap partner Liz sent me the most wonderful pkg., She made me a bag that I am in love with and some coasters, she had all kinds of other red white and blue goodies and even the paper padding was red, white and blue. Thank you Liz. I learned that Liz and I have so much in common. She loves to read, and loves to get and give hand made items. She really went out of the way to make sure that I had such a wonderful package.

This was such a fun swap. Thank you all.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  08:55:42 AM  Show Profile
You are SO welcome, Christine! I got your email and was just grinning ear-to-ear! I'm so happy you and your family loved the surprises! :) Happy 4th!!!!

April - I'm praying for your daughter's full recovery. So scarey! Poor dear... is she doing okay? How is she handling all of this! God bless her!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  10:59:39 AM  Show Profile
Thank you ladies for your prayers. We are in the midst of day 1 recovery. Her little face is swelling from the surgery, but they said after day 3 the swelling should start to go down. She's taking it in stride and being a total trooper. Today is a sleepy restful day which is good. Lots of quiet going on. If you'd like to send her a card, just email me and I'll get you the info. Other things you can do to help out if you want is to find pretty cloth headbands that are at least 3 inches wide to help cover up the surgery site when she's recovered. She loves to be fashionable! :)

Thanks ladies! You're all a blessing!

Hugs,
April

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7621 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7621 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  3:29:05 PM  Show Profile
Boy Christin and Delicia your packages really sound nice, perfect for the 4th of July.

Pam your package is on it's way..today...
I hope you enjoy it.
darlene

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7621 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7621 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  8:54:01 PM  Show Profile
April May I ask what kind of surgery Annika had?
Take care you will be hearing from me soon.
hugs
darlene

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  03:19:13 AM  Show Profile
April.. so glad to her everything went well.. We are so grateful!

Jamie.. should be receiving your package any time, mailed on the 12th.

Have a Great Day
Mary #3153

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

becky 2002
True Blue Farmgirl

94 Posts

Becky
Williamsport Ohio
94 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  06:15:01 AM  Show Profile
Portia, I got your box of goodies - really enjoyed the little fourth of July handmade booklet - with all of it's quotes and images. We have a huge family gathering the week of the 4th so I can use a lot of the flags, pennants, stickers, fabric in decorating. Thanks so much.

We also have a lot in common - you were raised in Tenn, I spent 30 years in Ky. My sister raises sheep and does the needle felt. Our sons are the same age and we both taught.

Thanks to the organizers of this swap - it was lots of fun for my first one. I have enjoyed reading the posts and preparing for this upcoming holiday.
Becky
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  08:15:47 AM  Show Profile
April I am so glad your daughter is doing well. Goes to show you that prayers do work.

Wendy - Got your package yesterday. What a great bunch of colorful decorations!
Here is a picture:

The bandaids are great & will fit right into my emergency kit for my red truck! The red, white & blue stars are connected together by the tiny rick rack to make an oh so cute banner. The fat quarter & the pretty star ribbon will be used to line a shopping bag for my daughter. Thank you so much for all the cute goodies and the letter telling me about your family. My oldest daughter also plays the flute & piano. I only play the piano.
Well, thank you again.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  2:40:31 PM  Show Profile
Kathy, OH! My gosh I LOVE the Patriotic bandaids :) What a great package & a really great idea to include bandaids.

KEEP A SMILE IN YOUR HEART...
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2012 :  05:11:28 AM  Show Profile
Netty,

The mail man brought me a wonderful surprise yesterday afternoon. Thank you so very much for all of the goodies. I already have the red white and blue whirly hanging up in my craft room.
have a great weekend
hugs
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2012 :  07:57:32 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness, I'm so late in saying thank you to Kathy! She sent me the most wonderful packed up box for the swap. (and she sent it so early, it surprised me!)

Thank you Kathy! I'm not sure what I'll do with the fat quarter yet, something festive. I've added the embroidery thread to my stash. I do so much cross stitch that I'm always needing all those colors. I've never done a patriotic one though so this might get me started. I'm using the yarn for a Fourth of July washcloth for my mom. I'm making her a set of holiday cloths for Christmas. Oh, the candle is gone already...smelled so nice! And the cupcake holders have been used. The boys commandeered them. They also stacked the flag in one of my house plants. Cute kids. The journal has been tucked away in my bedstand.

I still can't believe how much you got in that box. Talk about some amazing packing skills!

My camera is down for the count right now so can't post a picture. If I'm able to get it up and running, I'll still do that.

Thanks again Kathy...your rock!

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

cynfullypurple
True Blue Farmgirl

190 Posts

Cynthia
Endwell NY
USA
190 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2012 :  4:29:08 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone! Just wanted to say a big thank you to Linda Dunkley, my 4th of July Swap partner. She sent me several lovely things including a beautiful card & earrings that she and her daughter create together. They are fabulous! Along with those, I received matching place mats, table runner and pot holder as well as a variety of stickers, stamps and some pretty note paper. And to top it off she sent a book entitled, "Bedding Plant Favorites". Can never have to many books on gardening

Linda was married to Vietnam vet for 35 years, but is now widowed. They had 3 children all of which she is blessed to have living near her. In fact she's REALLY close to her daughter because they bought a house together on 11 acres and are moving soon to live a more self sufficient life. She loves crafting, reading and being outdoors!

Thank you again Linda for your thoughtful package and good luck with the move!!

I'm still putting a few things together for yours, but plan to get it off this week to you.

Cyn~
Farmgirl #2817

"The time is when a library is a school, and the librarian is in the highest sense a teacher, and the visitor is a reader among the books as a workman among his tools." ~Melvil Dewey

Go to Top of Page

jill skane
True Blue Farmgirl

853 Posts

jill lillian
stacyville maine
USA
853 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2012 :  1:40:52 PM  Show Profile
Emily your 4th of July package is on its way.
Go to Top of Page

36paws20hooves
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Danielle
Weirsdale Florida
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2012 :  5:59:48 PM  Show Profile
Has anyone heard from Debbie? I have emailed her twice to no avail. Hope everything is alright.
Go to Top of Page

countryteacher
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Deanna
Jameson Missouri
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  10:56:12 AM  Show Profile
Julie, thanks so much for the wonderful package you sent me. You had lots of super goodies packed into that box:). I love the windsock and the other spiral windflag. They are hanging up. I really like everything else, too. The washcloths are so pretty. I can't wait to use the light up flags!! The decorations were awesome and I have them hanging up with my other American decorations.

Julie and her husband farm and are cattle ranchers. They grow soybeans and wheat. They have black angus cattle.
The card you sent is beautiful. I am trying to figure out how to use it on a 4th of July scrapbook page.
Hugz,
Deanna
Your package is on the way!

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7621 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7621 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  2:20:04 PM  Show Profile
Pam I sent you an email..You should be getting your package any day now.
darlene

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic 4th of July Patriotic Swap-2nd Annual -CLOSED Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page