Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Sad and scared
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Sad and scared Next Topic
Page: of 3

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  3:31:22 PM  Show Profile
Last night, the Mister got into a huge fight with his mother over his lack of a job. She insisted he try fast food--even though he's been a vegetarian for over twelve years and most fast food places are not vegetarian-friendly. He's also terrible at customer service (the last time he was in such a position he had a nervous breakdown).

Anyway, he went totally off the rails. He got roaring drunk, slashed the heck out of his left arm, and started pricing guns. Tonight, he's out with the hussy who is chasing after him.

...Help? Please?

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  4:09:49 PM  Show Profile
Oh, My!!!!! I am saying some prayers for you. I hope you are safe with him!!!!!! I would be scared too!!!! Go somewhere where you will be safe until things settle down.

Janet

Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  4:12:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh, my. Ditto what Janet advised. I'll say a prayer for you.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  4:20:47 PM  Show Profile
Alyce, I am definitely praying for you...and for him. Stay safe!

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  4:34:56 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Janet, Marly, and Judith...I'm more afraid FOR him at this point because he (for some reason) admires Kurt Cobain's suicide. Plus, every time he is around this hussy he gets very stressed so I can only imagine what it's doing to his mental state.

He was doing so well until that fight with his mom. She always seems to push him to take jobs that would be downright dangerous for him.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  5:48:31 PM  Show Profile
Maybe he needs help. I don't think it is too healthy to admire a suicide. I would be concerned for myself and for him.
Stay safe.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  6:00:25 PM  Show Profile
He does, frankly; I've spent years trying to encourage him to seek it. You know that saying about leading a horse to water but not being able to make him drink? This horse won't even leave the barn.

To my relief, he's crashing at an old friend's house. This friend should be able to knock some sense into him (and is capable of taking him in a fight if it comes to that).

I realize now that I should have been more specific when I hoped for an interesting life!

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  6:36:00 PM  Show Profile
Praying for you both, Alyce. Oh, how overwhelmed you must feel... God love and bless you... Janet's right, though - even if it's him you're most concerned about, you still need to be sure you're safe until things calm down, okay? Is there a good friend or relative you can go stay with for a short while? I hate the thought of you being alone right now, sweetheart. I'd feel so much better knowing someone was there to comfort you and sit with you while you ride out this storm. Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  6:40:40 PM  Show Profile
Alyce, I agree with Nini. I hope you aren't alone. I also hope you've let someone close to you know what's going on. Take care.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  6:44:48 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Nini...unfortunately, my family is an hour away. I do have friends I could call if need be--but right now, Mister is an hour in the other direction while he calms himself down.

He'll be gone for at least a day or two, and by that point we will both have clearer heads. I'm hanging out in here to keep my thoughts positive so I don't give MIL a piece of my mind! (She sometimes really seems to enjoy messing with his head, even though she knows he's fragile. Poisonous, poisonous woman.)

Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  8:54:49 PM  Show Profile
Marly, I've been keeping them posted. Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  05:42:11 AM  Show Profile
Alyce-
I'm so sorry this is happening to you and your Mister. I am keeping you and yours in my prayers. I am going to email you my number if you need something I am only about 45 minutes away!! Call if you need anything or if you need to talk.
Lori
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  06:17:36 AM  Show Profile
Alyce,
I am only 40 minutes away. We still need to meet up. I will be in FL for the next week but will e-mail you when I get back. Stay strong and take care of yourself.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  08:44:04 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Lori; if it's okay, I may take you up on that talk this afternoon.

Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  08:44:39 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Diane. Have a great time in Florida!

Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  09:04:45 AM  Show Profile
remember that if he is a threat to himself, you can call 911 and tell them so, he will end up in a hospital for a minnumim of 72 hours, and then he could get the help he needs...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  09:56:57 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for the reminder, Tina. He doesn't want me to call them, but if his life is on the line I'm not likely to listen.

Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  10:44:40 AM  Show Profile
Not going to go into detail here, but I understand what you're going through. I hope he's able to get help, but look for support for yourself also. Having to live with this kind of uncertainly and worry for a loved one can really mess with your own emotions and your ability to do what you need to. It's not easy. I'll be thinking of you, and hoping everything turns out ok.
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  11:02:11 AM  Show Profile
I am sending Love, Light and Prayers your way and please be carefull. We sometimes place ourselves in harms way when we think we can help a loved one when the best help we can give is to find them outside help and you take care of yourself.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  12:14:11 PM  Show Profile
Amie, thank you. It's so frustrating because it seems like every time he's doing well, his mother just HAS to poison the whole thing. *sigh*

Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  12:15:04 PM  Show Profile
Grace, thank you. It's easy enough finding him outside help, but getting him to take it is another matter entirely!

Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  3:05:02 PM  Show Profile
Alyce, what a storm you are going through right now! And how frustrating to see how his mom can push his buttons. :( Please know that you have a lot of farmgirls thinking of you and praying for you right now. Please keep us updated about what is going on!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  3:22:42 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Prayers going up for you.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.flossesandcrosses.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  07:22:38 AM  Show Profile
Alyce- sending lots of prayers your way....please let us know how things are going?
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  07:29:09 AM  Show Profile
Alyce, it sounds like he does need help--and you need to help yourself. It's an unsafe situation to be in, no matter how much you love and want to protect him, the old cliche is true--he can't love you if he doesn't love himself. I'm sure his mother knows how to wind him up, but that's such an overt reaction that I feel like there is instability in other ways.

I'm sure I'm overstepping here, but I wouldn't let him come back unless he gets the help he needs. Life is WAY to short to be on a crazy ride like this one--take it from someone who's been on it before and finally jumped off!!!! I did this for many years with a man and I finally had to realize that I contributed to his issues by allowing him to hurt himself and seemed to somewhat enable him. Oddly enough, when we separated, he really cleaned up and got his act together--initially to win me back, but later, thankfully, it "stuck" and he's a happier person.

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon

Edited by - FebruaryViolet on Feb 13 2012 08:16:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  08:44:07 AM  Show Profile
I'm sorry, but after reading and posting on both of your topics about your "mister", I think you might be handleing a keg of gunpowder in a forest fire, you might be in a no win world, stay safe...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Sad and scared Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page