Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Share a Farm Critter Picture!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Share a Farm Critter Picture! Next Topic
Page: of 8

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2012 :  4:34:39 PM  Show Profile
Well, where do I start. What beautiful pictures, what beautiful animals. I would love to hug every one of them!!! Kris, your Ladybug is just beautiful. I can see why you're such a happy lady. Natalie: Oh my, Bullet with the pretty big pink nose made me smile huge. And Blackie sure looks a bit shy. Yoko, oh!!!! Yoko has stolen my heart with her foil covering so the aliens don't abduct her. An absolute hoot. I love, love it. And- Yinny & Whitney, oh my, the love in their eyes. Maybe it was the treats. But too cute. And Ducky, just too adorable.
Thanks for the beautiful pictures.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  05:03:04 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness! How great are these faces! They all have blurred together, but the gorgeous chickens stand out! As do the Nubian and of course, the yaks!! Love the names: Broody Judy, Honka the donkey (love his white belly) Yoko and curious Bullet.

Never seen a horse water himself with the hose! Hope everyone keeps posting!
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  3:30:56 PM  Show Profile
I just love those wooly cow pictures. Can they be sheared or cut and the fiber used to knit with? Never thought of that but when I saw all that long hair...

And all the pretty horses too.

I will have to take some new pictures and get them on here somehow. We will be having lambs and kids soon!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  3:49:55 PM  Show Profile
Kris: if you don't know how to get the pictures on here, email them to me, I'll put them on for you. ;))))
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  5:49:57 PM  Show Profile
oh, oh, oh, can I share too?!?!

So many more to share but I'll stop now...... :D

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  6:31:10 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly, no don't stop. What beautiful faces. Share!!! I love seeing the animal faces. Just makes me smile. Thanks.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  10:33:57 PM  Show Profile
Thanks all of you lucky ladies for sharing!
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

YakLady
True Blue Farmgirl

652 Posts

Natalie
Montana
USA
652 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  10:55:48 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by kristin sherrill

I just love those wooly cow pictures. Can they be sheared or cut and the fiber used to knit with? Never thought of that but when I saw all that long hair...

And all the pretty horses too.

I will have to take some new pictures and get them on here somehow. We will be having lambs and kids soon!

Kris

Happiness is simple.

Kris, Those are my Tibetan Yaks :) And yes, we comb out their down fiber in the Spring to clean and spin into yarn :) The long hair stays, though- those are the guard hairs and they are a characteristic of the species. No shearing necessary! The down just combs out :)

~Natalie~ Just a farmgirl in Western Montana. http://mtnme.blogspot.com
Starting a family and raising Tibetan Yaks, Nigerian Dwarf Goats, Laying hens, Muscovy ducks, and a few dogs.
Go to Top of Page

YakLady
True Blue Farmgirl

652 Posts

Natalie
Montana
USA
652 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  10:56:35 PM  Show Profile
Gorgeous Nubi babies, Kimberly :)

~Natalie~ Just a farmgirl in Western Montana. http://mtnme.blogspot.com
Starting a family and raising Tibetan Yaks, Nigerian Dwarf Goats, Laying hens, Muscovy ducks, and a few dogs.
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  06:07:32 AM  Show Profile
Gods beautiful creatures! Cannot say enough, beautiful.

Joan

Happy Trails
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  11:11:23 AM  Show Profile
Ok this may not be a farm critter but she's my critter

Happy Trails
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

Sharon Denise
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

Sharon
Temple TX
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  11:34:31 AM  Show Profile
Oh oh oh, please keep posting!! It will be quite awhile before I have my own farm critters. :-) I love the kitties I'm seeing too!

Farmgirl Sister #3754
www.facebook.com/bellcountybelles
http://bellcountybelle.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/bluemonarch/
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet that will be the beginning."
~Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page

MEWolf
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Margaret
Byers Colorado
USA
358 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  1:07:42 PM  Show Profile
Joan,
She is beautiful, I LOVE Tortie Kitties!

Margaret

“Kind hearts are the gardens, kind thoughts are the roots, kind words are the flowers, kind deeds are the fruits. Take care of your garden and keep out the weeds, fill it with sunshine, kind words and kind deeds.” ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1808-1882)
Farmgirl #3020
www.grey-wolf-farm.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  3:23:10 PM  Show Profile
Oh Joan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now that is a precious sight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll have to post all of my cats now. Like you, I didn't know if they were considered farm critters, but yep..... I'll post them when I get a chance. Thanks for sharing.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  4:16:48 PM  Show Profile
Here is Amazing Grace. I call her Grace or Gracie. She floated to our house with the flood from Hurricane Rita in 2005. She was just a kitten.
She loves Luck Dogs bed. When he passed away in December, he gave her his bed. She also loves her pink mouse!
She loves to stretch out and look at her cat Mommy. She keeps telling me that my tail is on the wrong end. I keep telling her it's just a pony tail!
Gracie is a Ragdoll cat.

I'll post the four outside cats pictures after I get them on Photobucket.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  5:22:02 PM  Show Profile
OHHHHH Marly: she is gorgeous, omg, what a precious face. Mwa to her!

Happy Trails
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  8:08:53 PM  Show Profile
Pepper is one of our four outside cats. She loves water, and is very vocal! When I call her she runs to me just like a puppy would do.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  8:13:33 PM  Show Profile
Audrey Hepburn is another one of the four outside cats. She has very short front legs, and has put on so much weight due to me feeding her so much because of the cold weather. Someone told me that the outside animals shiver so much they loose lots of calories. Anywho... because of her weight, when she runs she has to hop like a rabbit.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  8:15:56 PM  Show Profile
This is Moon. He's a big boy. His meow button must have been damaged when he was born because his meows are funny sounding. It's like he is whispering.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  8:18:30 PM  Show Profile
Here is Nadia. She is the mother of Pepper, Audrey, and Moon. She is such a good Mother! However, she is the biggest scaredy-cat of all of them. She is a sweetie.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  8:20:25 PM  Show Profile
A group picture of Audrey, Moon, Nadia and Pepper. Usually around 4 PM, they all sit on the back deck facing west, soaking up the sun. I love my cats.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

tangledthreads
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Michelle
Middle Tennessee
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  8:23:38 PM  Show Profile
Oh, the yaks are awesome! How cool are they?! My goodness, the goats are so cute!! And Kitties, too!!

Here is our Baxter..he just turned 13!

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´Michelle Farmgirl #85

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tangledthreadstn My Altered Art

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tangled-threads My Garden, etc.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
Mahatma Ghandi

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Go to Top of Page

MEWolf
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Margaret
Byers Colorado
USA
358 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  8:25:35 PM  Show Profile
Marly your kitties are all so beautiful <3 and Michelle, I love Baxter...what a great name!

Margaret

“Kind hearts are the gardens, kind thoughts are the roots, kind words are the flowers, kind deeds are the fruits. Take care of your garden and keep out the weeds, fill it with sunshine, kind words and kind deeds.” ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1808-1882)
Farmgirl #3020
www.grey-wolf-farm.com
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  04:27:55 AM  Show Profile
Marly, how cool that they hang out like that! What a pretty group.

Michelle, Baxter made me remember our sweet Sara. Chocolate lab? Ours came from Nestle's Carnation Farms in Washington. My husband worked for Nestle (part of his 27 years in chocolate) and they adopted the labs that they bred especially for the chocolate color out to employees. Sara sure was special. Thanks for the photo of Baxter -- I think Sara would have lost her heart to him! Especially on Valentines Day!
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  06:08:39 AM  Show Profile
Here are three of my four dogs, Hazel, Sophie and Beauregard.

Wilma came along later, and is extremely camera shy. This is a rare photo of her..most are blurs of her running away.

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/StrawHouseDesigns
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Share a Farm Critter Picture! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page