Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Work on Gratitude badge together...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Work on Gratitude badge together... Next Topic
Page: of 8

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  06:39:20 AM  Show Profile
Victoria - congratulations on your weight loss. I'm impressed. Good for you!

Today I am thankful for good books. I LOVE to read. I love to read anytime, but especially before I go to bed. Its always a thrill when a book really catches your attention and you feel yourself get lost in it.

Today's read is licking cake batter off the the beaters. Yummmmm....

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  6:07:26 PM  Show Profile
I am grateful for a husband that also has a great personality! Mary my husband does the same thing. Stuffed animals, singing cards, singing stuffed animals! lol! He's the biggest goof ball, but he MY goof ball!!

Today's read: Licking the beaters. Just did that tonight while I was making the filling for a King Cake.

Forever farmgirl
Farmgirl Sister #1363

http://midwestmusings-kim.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  10:26:31 PM  Show Profile
Great job on your weight loss Victoria!

todays read; licking the batter off the beater, life long fun!

I'm grateful I could pass on that skill to my kids!

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  02:12:42 AM  Show Profile
I am grateful for my sewing/crafting room. With it being just my husband and I at home now we converted one of the bedrooms into a 'lady cave' for me. I spent all day in there yesterday and loved every minute of it.

Today's read: Waiters and waitresses who bring free refills without asking

On the whole, we’re pretty nasty to waiters and waitresses. We complain they’re wasting our time if the food takes too long to come, we complain they’re trying to rush us out if the food comes too early. We warn about allergies, make special requests, ask for more bread, and talk openly about their tip while they’re busing tables next to us. We’re kings barking orders from the booth and they’re sweating peasants in aprons and pieces of flair with dirty washcloths hanging out their back pocket. Waiters and waitresses have to put up with us and paste wide, toothy grins across their faces, besides. They split bills, sop up spills, and slip and slide across slick kitchen floors for us. Despite this all-odds-against-them setup, there are a few gems out there, a few rare, bright gems who deliver perfect waiter or waitressessness. Perfection here is defined solely as bringing free refills to the table without our even asking. Because nothing beats ice-filled towers of cola arriving unannounced at our table, just as we’re finishing up our spinach and artichoke dip, a perfectly timed palate cleanse before the big entrée. The only things that come close are ice-filled towers of cola arriving unannounced right after the entrée and ice-filled towers of cola arriving unannounced with the check and a handful of mints. It’s a great scene. Three hours later, when you lie bloated on the coach, your entire meal swimming in the carbonated sea that is your digestive system, I know your eyelids will droop heavily and your posture will slide, but I also know you’ll give a thin, subtle smile and a slow, sure thumbs-up sign when anyone asks “How was dinner?” AWESOME!

Pasricha, Neil (2011-03-01). The Book of Awesome (pp. 80-81). Penguin Group. Kindle Edition.

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.

Edited by - EastTXFarmgirl on Feb 21 2012 02:13:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  06:17:30 AM  Show Profile
Today's read: Cake Batter... yum... I really try to resist (raw eggs and all)... but sometimes, ya just gotta!

Congratulations on your loss Victoria!!! I also am a WW person, but struggled with the points (did I mention my rebellious streak !!) I have finally figured out how to limit my daily rations and what splurges are acceptable. (Did I mention Easter Peeps? I'm an addict!)

I also cannot have peanut putter or marshmellows (or the creme) in the house. It is gone in two days. Peeps.. well, their an exception.. Even the cat has become a marshmellow freak!!

I am grateful for PEEPS> I love the little buggers! Every year I go to the store and pick out a nice color. I promise them that they are going to a "nice" home and that they will be safe with me. Then one day, a few are missing. I promise the other's they are going to be okay. (Never trust a PEEP ADDICT!) and of course, I lied. They were DELICIOUS.. and I can't wait until my next trip to the store!
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  06:18:57 AM  Show Profile
Today I am thankful for starting seeds and planning the garden. We start a lot of our plants from seeds. We have to start our onions early. They are doing so well and sprouting. I am very thankful for this because last year we used a different seed starter mix and it didn't work very well. But this year things are looking good.

Todays read - free refills w/o asking. Always a good thing.

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  4:25:58 PM  Show Profile
I am grateful that my mother in law is now in a home and is finally being seen by a Psychiatrist. Hoping to get her some help with her dementia.

Today's read: Waitstaff that bring refills without asking. I drink a lot of water and I am so grateful for them. Especially, if I am eating something spicy! :0

Forever farmgirl
Farmgirl Sister #1363

Go to Top of Page

brevardorganics
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Elizabeth
Brevard NC
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  6:14:04 PM  Show Profile
Todays read wait staf that give you refills.....

I am grateful for another start on my gratitude journal...I'm going to keep pushing through til I get it done!

Going Back to Basics is easier than you think!
Go to Top of Page

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  10:25:31 PM  Show Profile
Todays read wait staff giving free refills

I went to the dentist and had two fillings and my new crown put on today.
I'm grateful to be all caught up on my dental work, finally! yeah!

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  02:17:44 AM  Show Profile
Debbie I am really jealious. I have several teeth that need attention but I really do not like going to the dentist.

Today is Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lint. I am grateful for Father Zach. He has agreed to stay at the church until 8 pm tonight so that those of us that work late can participate in Ash Wednesday blessings.

Today's read: bad news ladies. I did not know that the publisher had a limit on how much you could copy from the book it will not allow me to copy. I don't have time this morning to retype. Today's subject is titled The final seconds of untangling a really big knot.

Edited by - EastTXFarmgirl on Feb 22 2012 02:18:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  07:05:51 AM  Show Profile
Today I am thankful for seeing my daffodils starting to sprout. In Texas this might not be a big deal, but here, we're always glad to see signs of spring. I was doing a little work outside and saw them popping up all over the place. It made me smile...

Today's read is the final seconds of untangling a big knot - well, if it gets here - but I know and love the feeling. It starts to get looser, then all of a sudden - after what seems like HOURS - its done. :o)

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

Sharon Denise
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

Sharon
Temple TX
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  09:36:07 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, ladies! I definitely hopes its a farmgirl-in-the-making. :-)

My computer's been broken for a few days, and it's just too hard to do this on my phone. Now I'm at work on a break, so here goes! I've been writing stuff down:

February 19 - I'm grateful for my sister, who was 19 when I born. She's always been there for me, even though I had to occasionally scream, "You're NOT my mom!!!" lol
Today's read: Waking up before your alarm clock and realizing you’ve got lots of sleep time left
BEST FEELING EVER

February 20 - Today I'm grateful for a Monday off work! I love my job (most of the time), but I need a day to bask in the glory with hubby. :-)
Today's read: When the socks from the dryer all match up perfectly
......does this actually happen???

February 21 - I'm grateful for smiling little faces! My students really can be very sweet and supportive when they feel like it.
Today's read: The smell of crayons
Only to be outdone by the glorious smell of freshly-sharpened pencils!

TODAY, I'm grateful for hubby being super excited for this little sweet pea and making me snacks to take to work, telling me to take it easy, etc., even though I've got a LONG way to go before I really need all this attention. It's still nice, though. :-)
Today's read: Peeling an orange in one shot
I honestly read this at first as "peeing orange," but now that I've got my head on straight, I have to say I hate peeling oranges. I won't do it! I have long nails, and I hate the feeling of digging my nails into that spongy peel. *shudder*

Farmgirl Sister #3754
www.facebook.com/bellcountybelles
http://bellcountybelle.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/bluemonarch/
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet that will be the beginning."
~Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  4:07:38 PM  Show Profile
I am grateful for being able to help others in need when a time arrives.

Today's read: The final seconds of untangling a really big knot. it's an awesome feeling especially when it was a particularly challenging one!

Forever farmgirl
Farmgirl Sister #1363

Go to Top of Page

brevardorganics
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Elizabeth
Brevard NC
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  4:26:47 PM  Show Profile
Today I am grateful for my prompting after seeing my mom off at the airport, to stop at the vintage consignment shop where I work part time. She had said she didin't need me this week :( I stopped by with some items and she asked if I could work and then asked if I could also work on friday! God is always watching out for my best interest...for that I am very grateful

Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  5:00:46 PM  Show Profile
Today's read waitstaff. I actually determine the tip based on attention to my coffee or tea refills. Tips grow larger proportionately!

Today I am grateful for my Mary Kay lady, Angela.. She is Soo sweet, attentive, and helpful. Always filled with happiness . She
is a real joy! And my cat (who does not like strangers) ran to her for petting the very first time they met. Animals know good people!!
Go to Top of Page

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  9:06:59 PM  Show Profile
Victoria I would happily trade my dental work for your craft room. I have a teeny tiny room , think large closet,
that shares space with my treadmill, sewing machine and fabric storage, have to go in sideways. I usually take my stuff out to the washer and dryer and work there. Or the kitchen if I want to paint.

todays read; finding your keys after looking forever!

I'm grateful for my craft/storage room, no matter how small it is!
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  05:41:47 AM  Show Profile
I am grateful for the housekeeping staff at our hospital. They have the worst job in the entire building yet they laugh and cut up with everyone. They are very respectful of the patients. I have even had them offer to help a patient to their car if the nursing staff is overwhelmed. There have been days that we have had 25 - 30 discharges so that we could have the same amount of admits. On those days the housekeeping crew must rush in as soon as the patient leaves complete clean the room and set up for the next patient. I'm talking complete clean mopped floors, bleached beds, scrubbed toilets the whole nine yards and usually while the house supervisor and us nurses are standing there going "hurry we got another one coming". They never get cross. They never let their smile down. And this is not 6 or 7 people doing one room. It is usually 2 per floor. They are truly special people and are so often looked down upon because of their profession.

Today's read: Peeling the thin plastic film off new electronics

Welcome to the world, remote control. We’re happy to have you with us, laptop monitor. You’re free, cell phone. AWESOME!

Pasricha, Neil (2011-03-01). The Book of Awesome (pp. 88). Penguin Group. Kindle Edition.

I will be skipping around in the book now because I am having to type the readings. The program will not allow any more copy and paste. So I will be picking shorter entries. The short ones are just as good to me. The awesome factor really plays in for me when I get the film off the new movies or CDs. Now that is an accomplishment.

Edited by - EastTXFarmgirl on Feb 23 2012 05:45:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  1:03:58 PM  Show Profile
Today I am thankful for flowering houseplants... We received two purple primroses from my mil four our birthdays in January. They are still alive and blooming like crazy on my kitchen table. It is so nice to see them all bright and cheerful on these gloomy February days. It really brightens things up and makes me smile.

Today's read is Making Your Own Imprint from Sarah Ban Breathnach's book, "Simple Abundance - A Daybook of Comfort and Joy".

Yesterday's read was from the same book, Excavating the Real You (I thought I should read something else since you didn't have time to type in the read from The Book of Awesome... :o) - wanted to cover all the bases).

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  5:43:26 PM  Show Profile

I am grateful that the air conditioner went out THIS week verses later int he summer (like last year). Here's hoping we get a new one. We rent. We'll see.

Today's read: Peeling the thin plastic film off new electronics. I love peeling off the layers of plastic from DVDs. I have to remove every.single.piece.

Forever farmgirl
Farmgirl Sister #1363

Go to Top of Page

brevardorganics
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Elizabeth
Brevard NC
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  6:12:16 PM  Show Profile
Peeling the thin plastic off of electronics.

Today I am grateful for my clients in Black Mountain. They are the furthest drive I have - 40 minutes - of all my clients. They open their front door and welcome me in with open arms, want to know what is going on in my world, I ask about how they are doing and she always insist I sit down and take some time to have a wonderful fresh lunch with them...

Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  02:20:21 AM  Show Profile
I am grateful for Puffs tissues with lotion. I caught a cold and have gone through 2 boxes of tissues in 2 days. Even with lotion my nose is getting tender. But better than the last cold I had where I used toilet paper and thought my nose was going to fall by the end of the day.

Today's read: Scraping all the lint off an overflowing lint trap

There’s something therapeutic about finger-peeling that dark-gray-with-red-flecks fuzz patch off the trap, rolling it into a ball, and tossing it in the trash. Yes, after you ditch that hot, furry blanket, you and your dryer can finally breathe again. AWESOME!

Pasricha, Neil (2011-03-01). The Book of Awesome (pp. 95). Penguin Group. Kindle Edition.

Lorraine, we are too close to getting this badge. I will get our reading in there I just was not expecting it to not copy and paste the other day and did not plan my time. Can you believe we have only 5 days to go???

Edited by - EastTXFarmgirl on Feb 24 2012 02:21:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  07:34:49 AM  Show Profile
Today I am thankful for finding what I need on sale. I bought some wool socks that I really liked in the fall - and wishing I had bought more... Yesterday, I stopped at the store and they were on sale - 75% off! - so I loaded up for me and for some gifts. And these socks are made in the USA! Triple score!!!

Today's reading is scraping off lint. Its weird, but it is kind of fun to see the different colors - I never would have thought of that...

Victoria - I didn't think you would let me down, I just wanted to pull my weight. I'm excited that we only have 5 more days - but it really has been fun and an eye-opener about how many things we take for granted. We all need to keep our "attitude of gratitude." Thanks again for starting this thread.

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  4:04:41 PM  Show Profile
Reading Thin plastic films on products yuck'

I am grateful for creative women. Went to the Rio Grande Valley Quilt Show (the 30 th anniversary Show) . Over 300 outstanding quilts and quilted items. Spent 5 hours there! GreT vendors too!
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  10:56:01 PM  Show Profile
Today (2/24/12) I am grateful for the ability to work through lunch and leave early if I need to.

Today's read: Scraping all the lint off an overflowing lint trap. Love/Hate. Love it because it's fun. Hate it because it is a fire hazard! I work for an insurance company, some things are hard to overlook.

Forever farmgirl
Farmgirl Sister #1363

Go to Top of Page

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  11:00:54 PM  Show Profile
I must of forgot to click on the submit reply last night, so I'll put it in again.
read, taking the plastic off electronics. Thankful for the huge snow removel equipment
in our neighborhood last night, it was helpful and intertaining to watch.

todays read; taking the lint off the dryer vent is very satisfying.
I'm grateful for the sunshine in between the snow showers!
Debbie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Work on Gratitude badge together... Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page