Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Work on Gratitude badge together...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Work on Gratitude badge together... Next Topic
Page: of 8

CountryKim
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
66 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2012 :  08:15:02 AM  Show Profile
Today I am grateful for my memory. Yeah, sometimes I don't always remember who I've told what or why I walked into the bedroom, but I have my memory and memories. My Grandfather had Alzheimer's.

I love picking the perfect nacho! This one really resonates with me. My mother would tell you about how I have this habit of picking pieces of food off of her plate all.the.time. Sometimes, I find it hard not to pick food off of other peoples plates. Maybe it's a peculiar type of disorder........

Sharon-I agree there is a perfect milk to cereal ratio!!

Forever farmgirl

http://midwestmusings-kim.blogspot.com/
http://throughethelseyes.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2012 :  12:09:38 PM  Show Profile
Today I am thankful for a good visit with my 93 year old step-father. He is in a nursing home and some days are better than others... We call him the Energizer Bunny because he keeps going and going and going... He was living at home until he was almost 92 and doing pretty darn good on his own with just a cleaning lady - but after he broke his hip, things started deteriorating... Then he broke his other hip. Then he was in ICU because of a urinary tract infection... Etc. etc. etc... He's been through a lot, but still has a lot of love to share. But as I said, some days are better than others. And today he was fairly talkative - we had a nice visit. We're all looking forward to warmer weather so we can take him out for a while.

I'm also so very grateful for the nursing home staff - they are truly amazing... After my step-father broke his hip (first time) - he had to go into a nursing home for rehab. But he was only there for a couple days before we moved him to a differenf facility. It was a very unpleasant situation. So knowing the difference, makes me so much more grateful for a well-run, adequately staffed (with compassionate people) nursing home. They are the best...

Today's reading is the nacho score. :o) Too funny - and very true.

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2012 :  3:59:25 PM  Show Profile
Didn't post on line yesterday- Yesterday I was grateful for my husband. After a 15 year hiatus between our first going steady and coming back into each other's lives, we have had 10 wonderful years. For the first 5 I would look at him sitting next to me and marvel that we were actually together. We celebrated out 10th anniversary this year, and grateful for however many more God will give us.
Sharon.. A beautiful inspiring story.. God Bless you both!
Enjoyed the Nacho story today.. oh, just go for the Salad!!
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2012 :  4:03:41 PM  Show Profile
Today I am grateful for my life. I got to see both my G-son and G-dtr playing their basketball games. Both WON !!! With so much sorrow in the world, it is joyous to watch these children scamper about the courts intense on just living their moments.. I am grateful that God chose to give us life.. and so abundantly on some days.

Yeh.. the cereal to milk ratio always got me. My peeve is when I am cooking the oatmeal in the microwave and if the ratio is not right I have oatmeal soup or plastic. LOL
Go to Top of Page

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2012 :  11:27:54 PM  Show Profile
todays read nachos, lots of cheese please!
I'm grateful for cheerful co-workers who make the workday fun!
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  03:31:15 AM  Show Profile
tODAYS READ. Intergenerational Dancing. Cool. Sounds like the oldie barn dances.

Today I am grateful for my cat. Sure, he's just an ordinary Marmalade with white underbelly and pink nose and tosies. But he is my Baby Cat. He wants to be near me, feels I belong to him, gives me free "cat scans", PURRS and renews my spirit, holds my hand with his paw,teaches me service and humility (LOL- don't ask!), and brings me joy. Such simple pleasures in enjoying part of Creation. Yes, I am grateful that God shares His animal friends with us.
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  06:14:41 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies. WOW, you're up early this Sunday morning Mary. I actually slept in a bit. Hubby did all the feeding by himself this morning. I almost feel guilty but not quiet. I do understand Mary, as I set here typing my cat is perched up in my lap watching every letter as it pops up on the screen. She loves the computer.

I am grateful for God's grace. I know there are people that believe there is no God but I can not imagine it. How can you look at a flower blooming, a tree going through the seasons or a newborn baby and not feel the grace of God. I have always felt blessed. Prayers, whether it be in need or in thanks, bring such comfort. Where do those that do not pray find comfort? More times than I can remember I have prayed "God, I am putting this in your hands. I need you to work this out." And things work out. The end result may not have been what I was expecting but it did work out. Too many times people think prays are not answered. I remember as a child I heard someone say "All prayers are answered. Its just sometimes the answer is no." That has stuck with me. It is ok for us as parents to say no to our children. What makes us think it is not ok for God to say no to us? Many times if we will stop and really look at the situation we will realize that the no was actually a blessing in it's self.

Today's read: The moment at a concert after the lights go out and before the band comes onstage

You go early, you grab a drink, you buy a T-shirt, you find your seat or you edge up to the stage, you listen to the opening act, you people watch, you watch watch, you talk to your friends, you guess what songs they might play, and then the moment finally arrives: The background music fades down, all the lights suddenly go out, and there’s total blackness. You feel a massive wave of anticipation sweep across the crowd, people stand up, raise their arms and scream, and everyone clamors for that first view of the band walking onstage. AWESOME!

Pasricha, Neil (2011-03-01). The Book of Awesome (p. 39). Penguin Group. Kindle Edition.

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.

Edited by - EastTXFarmgirl on Feb 05 2012 06:17:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  07:23:25 AM  Show Profile
Today I am thankful for Sunday morning breakfasts. My DH leaves fairly early for work during the week - so he does something quick and on his own - although I'm up before he leaves, he's pretty self-sufficient (something else I'm thankful for). But on Sundays, we have a leisurely breakfast together - usually omlettes, french toast, or pancakes. Its so nice to sit together at the kitchen table and start the day slowly and with yummy, warm food. No matter what we have going on the rest of the day, our Sunday morning breakfasts help us get going on the right foot.

Today's reading is Victoria's concert reading. I LOVE the anticipation of when they're going to arrive and walk on stage. The last concert my DH and I went to was a couple years ago to see Willie Nelson. When he walked on stage, my heart did a little flutter. It was amazing. Thanks for helping me remember that feeling...

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

CountryKim
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
66 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  1:13:16 PM  Show Profile
I am grateful for naps! lol!

Today's read is great. It brings back all the memories of going to concerts in my youth. I always loved when the drummer would tap out a beat and the crowd would clap in time until the lights came up and the band started. You could feel it vibrating on your insides.

Forever farmgirl

Go to Top of Page

Sharon Denise
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

Sharon
Temple TX
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  3:17:06 PM  Show Profile
Today, I'm grateful for our new air popcorn popper. I remember my parents having a big 1970s model they'd drag out of a dusty upper cabinet for special occasions. Maybe it was a movie night, maybe it was for a football game, maybe it was just because I begged. How much fun I had helping Mom pour in the kernels and watch the spout blow hot, fluffy popcorn into the bowl. My stepson loves popcorn, but we don't purchase microwave popcorn anymore for health reasons. I saw a big bag of kernels at the Natural Grocer and just had to get them for him for the Super Bowl. I was all prepared to get burned and greasy using a skillet over the stove. My hubby was headed to the store, so I just flippantly asked him to get an air popper. I haven't seen one in so many years, I honestly didn't think they made them anymore. Imagine my surprise, then, when he walked in with one under his arm! The three of us just had so much fun watching the kernels pop and nearly overflow my huge mixing bowl. A 1/2 cup sure goes a long way! It was such a simple moment and it was so beautiful to see a teenager get so wide-eyed over something that didn't involve the TV or video games of any kind. Great healthy snack and a great family moment. That's what I'm grateful for today!

Today's read: When you’re awkwardly standing by yourself with a full cafeteria tray of food and then suddenly spot your friend waving at you.

Yes, that moment is a huge relief! :-) It's opposite is when you see someone waving and realize they're waving at the person behind you. *groan*

Farmgirl Sister #3754
www.facebook.com/bellcountybelles
http://bellcountybelle.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/bluemonarch/
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet that will be the beginning."
~Louis L'Amour

Edited by - Sharon Denise on Feb 07 2012 10:22:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  7:50:32 PM  Show Profile
I'm also grateful for the leisurely Sunday breakfast! Ahhhh and yum!
Todays read: the concert
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  06:14:46 AM  Show Profile
Ok you can't laugh at my gratitude today because we all know how true it is...

I am so grateful for good toilet paper (Charmin is my wipe of choice). About 6 months ago I purchased a large 12 roll package of (I won't publish the name but read on). It was on sale and I had a really good coupon. The TV said it was strong and soft like cotton. I really don't think the people that make it have actually ever used it. If they had they would know it shreds with the slightest pressure and leaves so much 'fluff' behind that you feel like you still have the whole roll attached to you when you get up. Needless to say it stays in the bathroom cabinet and a roll is only pulled out in an emergency. It's been 6 months and we still have 11 rolls. Last week I had been putting off going to the grocery store and sure enough Saturday evening we ran out of our trusty Charmin. Out came the other stuff until I could get to the store. There are somethings that can really motivate you to go shopping and that toilet paper is one of them.

Today's read: Finding out your birthday is on a Friday or Saturday next year

Planning those Wednesday birthdays is tough. Do you party-back on the weekend before or party-forward to the weekend after? Either way, you’ll get a lot of “So wait, when’s your actual birthday?” questions, and you’ll be forced to take a sip of your drink, smile pleasantly, and casually say, “Oh, just a couple days from now,” or worse, “Oh, you know . . . two Wednesdays ago.” That’s just no fun. So if you’re as self-centered as I am and the first thing you do when you get your greasy paws on a crisp, new calendar is flip right to your birthday, then you sure are loving it when that big day hits the Friday or Saturday Jackpot. Now it’s on for so many reasons: • Save the date. No need to puzzle over when to throw the big bash. Just start planning it for that Friday or Saturday. You have no choice and no need to waffle. • Party Priority. It’s true. When it’s your actual birthday , your event moves way up the party priority list. Sure, you’re still slightly below Friend’s Wedding or Out-of-Town Guest, but you zoom up way higher than Poker Night or Sports Team Banquet. • More free drinks. Especially if you have a birthday party that starts the night before and kicks into high gear at midnight when you officially start celebrating. Hopefully you don’t have to wear a tiara and a sash to keep those free shots coming. Yes, you know as well as I do that when that big day lands right on a Friday or Saturday, it opens up a world of celebration possibilities. Because now your birthday’s going on, your birthday’s going long, and your birthday’s going strong, fool. Awwwwwww, yeah. AWESOME!

Pasricha, Neil (2011-03-01). The Book of Awesome (pp. 40-41). Penguin Group. Kindle Edition.

This is so true! My 50th fell on Thursday this year and it just changed everything. My sister and I wanted to go Zip lining on my birthday but the zip line was only open on Weekends. Couldn't go this weekend because it was raining Saturday and super bowl on Sunday. So now it's "well we couldn't go on your actually birthday so it really doesn't matter what day we go. How about we wait until its warmer". Just changes it.

Edited by - EastTXFarmgirl on Feb 06 2012 06:24:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  10:30:06 AM  Show Profile
Victoria - thanks for my morning laugh about your toilet paper preference. Too funny - but definitely true. It really makes you appreciate the nice stuff...

Today I am thankful for my public library. I love all libraries, but my local library and the staff are amazing! Everyone is so friendly and helpful. They don't hesitate to order books for you from other libraries - even if its out of our system. I live in a small town and the budget is tight, but they always have new books, magazines, DVDs, and programs. They do a phenomenal job and you can feel the positive energy when you walk in the door. And, even before you walk in the front door, they have books for sale in the foyer! Great prices and some really good books. Its one of my favorite places to go and spend some time.

Today's read - Friday birthdays. This was fun for me because this year my birthday was on a Friday. It was great because I was able to schedule my work days so I had Friday off and a nice long weekend...

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  2:14:10 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for sharing your stories ladies! Since I discovered I could put books on hold and get the newest books
all delivered to our neighborhood library I've been a bigger fan. And I've saved a ton of money! I was always
forgetting my library card and suggested they get key chain tags,and wow they already had them! I'm totally
thrilled with my key tag, it's always with me! I do the self check out and walk by the counter holding my key tag
up for the librarians to see and tell them I love my key tag! Probably looks alittle crazy! Oh well I'm grateful for it!
Have a great day
todays read, birthdays, mines on my day off this year!
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  6:09:09 PM  Show Profile
Another day another gratitude. I took myself to breakfast late morning, ran by the grocery store and found an old friend there. We talked about all sorts of stuff..Homestead Heritage Farms (check the internet site.. Elmott, TX) and making soft cheeses. Then on to the Jr. Live Stock Show. My granddtr was showing lambs today. She discovered that Lambs spit (didn't there mother teach them not to??) and she's done with the lambing phase of childhood. Don't like no spitting sheep. LOL.

Greatly enjoy the grandkiddos and the lambs. I watched so many judgings that I could pick out 1st, 2md and 3rd place each time.. And out of 24 lambs.. I chose 9 finalists (the judge added 2 more) -- not bad for a "city slicker" who had never been around lambs before. I love lambs.. and goats !!

I am grateful that 4-H gives kids an opportunity to experience caring for farm animals and allows them a chance to be part of the farming scene (even if their parents don't own a farm). (Did I mention 8 hours of pig showing on Wednesday?)

And the book read? There is NO such things as ILLEGAL naps. Only GREAT ONES !!
Have a Happy.
Madelena
Go to Top of Page

CountryKim
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
66 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  6:28:54 PM  Show Profile
I am grateful for Midol! Enough said. :)

I love the toilet paper story! It's so true. It's an important item especially for us ladies.

Today's read about birthdays is near and dear to my heart. As a November 4th birth date, it falls occasionally on Election Day!

Forever farmgirl

Go to Top of Page

Sharon Denise
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

Sharon
Temple TX
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2012 :  7:33:15 PM  Show Profile
Today I'm grateful that my husband and I were cast in a new play together. We'll be playing husband and wife, ironically. :-) It will be a lot of fun to work together again, especially since we met doing theater!

Today's read - Popping Bubble Wrap

I had actually just read an article about that wallpaper! They had a warehouse full of the stuff they couldn't sell until they had the bright idea to sell it as packaging material. I have to say having a wall of Bubble Wrap at work would be great stress relief!

Farmgirl Sister #3754
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet that will be the beginning."
~Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2012 :  06:14:25 AM  Show Profile
Today I am grateful for mail order. Many of you may not remember when that involved thumbing through a 3 inch thick paper catalog trying to decide which pair of shoes to buy from a hand drawn image of the item. Now, you can go to the internet and see the actual item. In many cases you can watch a video of the item in action. But even in the "good ole" days when that package arrived it was like christmas in July. A few weeks ago I had ordered some organic sprays for my fruit trees. Yesterday when I got home there was a big brown box leaned up against my gate. I knew what was inside but it was so exciting to open it. And wow just having it delivered to your door is exciting in it's self. And when you score free shipping well that just makes you proud of yourself.

Today's read: Fixing electronics by smacking them

My room was above the kitchen growing up. Late at night, lying in bed, I would listen to the creaks and cracks through the vents and floorboards. Oven burners wobbled and popped, distant thumps echoed from the furnace room, and the fridge cranked its whirring motor on and off whenever it pleased. It was always funny to me that during the day that fridge didn’t put up much of a fight. If it started clinking and whirring, you just pounded it with your fist and it would stop. One hard punch to the kidneys of the thing and it just sort of whimpered and stayed quiet. Like The Fonz kicking the jukebox on Happy Days, Grandpa smacking the TV during Wheel of Fortune, or a bandana-clad mom shaking the washer when the heavy towel load gets it rocking, there is something great about fixing electronics by smacking them. I mean, for once our instincts work. That doesn’t always happen in nature. Slap a bear on the snout when it’s picking through your trash and you might get a friendly mauling. Pull your brother’s hair when he steals your Xbox controller and you could find your toothbrush tossed in the toilet. But when the CD is skipping in the car, a friendly smack might do the trick, so how about that? Also, it kind of makes you feel handy. I don’t know about you, but I don’t know much about electronics. I have no understanding of how telephones work, how airplanes take off, or how radio signals go about their day. I have trouble putting the chain back on my bicycle, resetting the microwave clock, or starting the barbecue. You should see me out there, turning the gas on and off, tossing in matches and jumping away, half-expecting the whole thing to blow up. But I’m not bad at smacking things. I can smack a computer, I can smack a dishwasher, and I’ve got a lot of experience if your fridge seems to be giving you trouble. So listen, if you’re with me on this one, throw your hand up for a smacking high five and give cheers to your inner handyman. AWESOME!

Pasricha, Neil (2011-03-01). The Book of Awesome (pp. 42-43). Penguin Group. Kindle Edition.

I can not tell you how many times I have smacked the lamp in my sewing room.

Edited by - EastTXFarmgirl on Feb 07 2012 06:17:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2012 :  06:38:38 AM  Show Profile
Today I am thankful for finding a pair of earrings that were lost - well, misplaced... It was such a thrill to dig in the bottome of a purse I hadn't used for a while and pull out the earrings. They're not expensive, but were/are some of my favorites and went well with several outfits. I can't remember when I last wore them and dropped them in the bottom of this purse - but I am ever so grateful to have them again.

Today's read is smacking appliances... Ah yes - that's a treat and a half...

I too love online shopping - and seeing the UPS truck or the mail lady pull in the driveway with a box. Its always a nice treat - regardless of the contents - its so nice to have it delivered to your door. I've even bought some groceries from Amazon - you can get some great deals. Love it.

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

Sharon Denise
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

Sharon
Temple TX
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2012 :  10:21:19 AM  Show Profile
Today I'm grateful that no matter how cold it gets, I know that spring is coming.

Today's read: When someone lands on the hotel you just built in Monopoly

My family doesn't play Monopoly anymore. This game is fun for the first 30 minutes, and then my house turns into Lord of the Flies. My hubby and stepson are way too competitive, and my stepson tries to get away with anything he can. They both are just fine changing the rules halfway through or ignoring them completely, which I just can't take. The rules are there for a reason, so quit ganging up on me, Men! I have no problem fudging a little for a four year old, but an ADHD 46 yo and an ADHD 15 yo who's 6 feet tall? No way! :-) My dad's Irish temper starts to flare.

Farmgirl Sister #3754
~Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page

Sharon Denise
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

Sharon
Temple TX
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2012 :  10:26:21 AM  Show Profile
Mary, I was all set to go the Homestead Heritage Fair over Thanksgiving weekend, but I got very sick. :-( Did you go? I really want to take a few classes when I have a little extra time and money. Have you attended classes there?

Farmgirl Sister #3754
~Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2012 :  3:06:23 PM  Show Profile
Today I am just grateful for today. No hassles, no pressures, my own schedule, a list to accompish at my leisure. Just peaceful.

Laughed at the cafeteria reading. Ain't it so true!

HI SHARON !! We'll have to get together some time. Being RVers means here today, but maybe not tomorrow. LOL. LOVE HERITAGE FARMS.. ANY OF YOU GIRLS FROM TEXAS SHOULD TRY TO MAKE IT A STOP SOME THANKSGIVING WEEKEND! DH loves to watch the sheep dogs - he had a great border collie once and still misses Lady.
I took the soft cheese making class. Loved it.. and all the results were excellent. The teachers were Rebecca, Rebecca and RebecKa (with a K). There were young women or old teens and sooo sweet !
I plan to take a class or 2 this summer and have a friend talked into it too. We're scouting classes now. Thinking soap making? Spinning? Canning? So many to choose from. Any of them will be good, I'm sure.

The Thanksgiving weekends are so weather iffie. Some are nice and some rainy and cold. Lots of the stuff is outdoorsy.. go when it is nice! You'll love it !

Go to Top of Page

CountryKim
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
66 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2012 :  4:18:16 PM  Show Profile
I am thankful for Emma Louise. She was the dog my ex and I had together. She had to be put down yesterday, She was a wonderful dog. Full of fun, spirit and life. Happy up to the end (my friend told me). I gave him custody, begrudgingly. Cut off all times as he was using her to get to me, so I hadn't seen her since 2006. She was almost 16.

I am all for smacking electronics and rebooting!!! It works a lot.

Forever farmgirl

Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2012 :  02:50:52 AM  Show Profile
I know this is not in the farmgirl spirit but,

I am grateful for text messaging. There are some days I just don't feel like talking and it lets me check in at work or with friends and family without saying a word.

Today's read: When you push the button for the elevator and it’s already there Ding! AWESOME!

Pasricha, Neil (2011-03-01). The Book of Awesome (p. 47). Penguin Group. Kindle Edition.

The elevator at the hospital is so slow. I can walk up 3 flights of stairs faster than the elevator can get there. And its never already there.

Edited by - EastTXFarmgirl on Feb 08 2012 02:52:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2012 :  04:35:38 AM  Show Profile
Today I am grateful for sleep. I LOVE to sleep.. deep wonderful sleep. 2 - 3 hour naps in the pm when I am dog tired. But my cat, beloved cat, is used to making sure I am up at 4:30 AM for work. Probliem...retired in 2007 hmm. He needs a new Garfield Watch this Christmas. Today he let me sleep in until 6 am. Sweet boy! Got a busy data !!!

Jr Live Stock Show this am.. breakfast first at Burger King.. Big Fluffy Biscuit and whipped scrambled eggs, cheese, and pork sausage. (Did I mention they are judging the Yummy pigs today?)
Humbling for a pig.

Text messaging, Amen, Or no one in my family would ever "talk" to anyoe else. LOL

Reading later today.. got to go! Stay Safe, Sisters!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Work on Gratitude badge together... Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page