Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 exercise, eating right and weight loss
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic exercise, eating right and weight loss Next Topic
Page: of 15

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  05:13:15 AM  Show Profile
Kristina - I envy you and your bike ride. If I had a bike and if I could ride it - maybe a little if I worked up to it - how wonderful it would be. I would ride around and around my block a hundred times!!

Keep it up sisters!!

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  05:52:27 AM  Show Profile
That sounds like a heavenly bike ride, Kristina. Holy cow, 35 minutes on the treadmill and then 5 mile bike ride. That is amazing. No wonder you are so successful with the weight loss. Great job!

Kathy, one thing that dh and I love about the Inland NW is the lack of humidity. We think this is the place for the nicest summer weather we have ever encountered. We have lived on the east coast, WI and KS and grew up in CA. We have seen humid and dry. Warm and cold. We do like it here.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

jollyquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

WV
USA
251 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  05:38:21 AM  Show Profile
Kristina...........kudos on the bike ride girl!!

I walked last night for about an hour and a half. I slept like a baby last night.
I went to the OB/Gyn yesterday and my b/p was 110/60. He gave me a clean bill of health and I had lost 23 pounds since last years visit.

I want to walk again today and I have alot of yard work that needs done, so that ought to count for something. Also hanging out clothes today.

www.StuffByKim.etsy.com
http://fiberandflea.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  06:13:25 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Kim, I love hanging out clothes...back in the old days when I would hang out clothes for my husband and 5 kids it was a real break because none of them wanted to help! So I was completely alone at the clothesline! Now, I find that it is still a break and the clothes always smell sooooo fresh!

WooooooWhooooo, I've lost 20 lbs in 3 months!!!! Another 10 and I'll be set!!! Since I live in the country with all gravel roads the bicycle is parked in the garage, but next week I am going camping and my bike goes with me!!! I just love riding my bike!

Y'all have a great day, be safe, be healthy, and keep moving and loosing!!

Love and Light,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

jollyquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

WV
USA
251 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  10:49:51 AM  Show Profile
Way to go Marilyn!! Keep moving and I bet you lose some weight will camping since you are taking your bike.

www.StuffByKim.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  2:42:23 PM  Show Profile
Marylyn and Kim. You guys are wasting away before our very eyes. Congratulations. It must have felt great to have your doctor tell you how much you had lost and that you BP was great, Kim. And Marylyn, you are so close to your goal! My goodness, what else shall we talk about once everyone is at their goals?
Marianne

Still exercising. Sore today, again... Too much gardening. But, my legs feel stronger. Two steps forward, one back!
Go to Top of Page

jollyquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

WV
USA
251 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  06:43:37 AM  Show Profile
How about how to stay there?!!!

I have been there so many times!!!

www.StuffByKim.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  07:05:48 AM  Show Profile
Yes, about how to maintain that weight once it is achevied!!! My husband asked me 'can you start eating now?' I said 'not the way I used to eat!' what's a Farmgirl to do? Hehehe...yet, seriously!

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

LouisvilleMom
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

Kathryn
Louisville KY
USA
246 Posts

Posted - May 17 2012 :  2:33:15 PM  Show Profile
You ladies are so inspiring!

I am not trying to lose a lot of weight..only about 10 more pounds or so (started at 130 and want to be at 115) but if I don't lose another pound I am fine..just want to be healthier and not have so much jiggle on my middle.

I started drinking kefir and kombucha, taking fermented cod liver/butter oil, gave up most processed foods and I take a tsp of Terramin clay every morning. Once I started the clay (it is full of minerals and is edible) I most of my cravings for carbs. I looked down in the shower one day and realized my upper abs had gone flat. Opened the shower door to check in the mirror and sure enough there were not there! I went online and I guess the clay is also a detoxifier so I got a good cleanse without trying. I started using the Terramin to strengthen my teeth, bones and nails. I sound like I am selling something huh?

I also walk/jog at least three nights a week and am starting yoga again tomorrow morning.

Cheering all of you on! You go girls!!

SAHM mom to four great boys.

http://ksfarnsworth.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - May 18 2012 :  04:29:23 AM  Show Profile
Down 11 pounds now.

I started taking vit. C due to this cold or whatever I got from my dd. It's not going away yet. I may have convinced dh to start ripping up a corner of our bedroom carpet. We want to see if mold is under it. One part is already ripping up so I may just take a look even if we can't afford new flooring right now. It's on a cement slab...on an slight angle so I am hoping that we can put a wood floor in some day soon....putting that in my prayer pot.

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

Breanna
True Blue Farmgirl

208 Posts

Breanna
Parker Colorado
USA
208 Posts

Posted - May 21 2012 :  12:23:25 PM  Show Profile
You go ladies! It is so encouraging to read this thread! I haven't posted on this thread in a while...and since then I haven't lost any more weight either :-( I keep working out and eating a 1200 calorie diet, but my body just has a hard time losing. However, I think I found my balance: more cardio. Instead of J. Michaels I think for my pear shape I need to run and do the elliptical and anything that will get me moving fast and hard without building more leg and butt muscle :-) I hope my body starts dropping the pounds soon! Weight loss plateaus are so discouraging. I have about 15 lbs to go...

Farmgirl Bre
"By day the Lord directs His love, at night His song is with me- a prayer to the God of my life." Ps. 42:8
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 21 2012 :  2:19:18 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Kathryn.
Kristina - hot darn girl, you are doing it! You broke the ten pound level!
Breanna, it's nice to hear from you again. Plateaus do indeed suck.

Keep on keeping on. Just walked a bit, happy dog!
marianne
Go to Top of Page

ModernishHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Amy
Colorado
USA
58 Posts

Posted - May 22 2012 :  5:37:06 PM  Show Profile
I've lost 20 pounds over the last 5 months, but am hoping that my recent switch to primal/paleo diet will help me to lose even more. I've been stalled out here for over a month now.

My classmates in grad school have noticed though - and that makes me feel good! :)

I'm just a 20-something girl making a home for me (and my dog) and waiting for the family to fill it!

---

"A home is made of love and dreams"

---

modernishhomemaker.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Breanna
True Blue Farmgirl

208 Posts

Breanna
Parker Colorado
USA
208 Posts

Posted - May 23 2012 :  08:20:11 AM  Show Profile
Go Amy! 20 pounds is great! I know how you feel, I have been stalled out for over a month too. Keep up the good fight! Sometime our weight loss plateaus have to break.

I just went for a 30 minute walk/jog/run this morning. It felt great!

What do you gals think of low calorie but balanced diets? That is what I have been on and it is supposed to help you loose weight and not let you gain any back. But so far its only worked for losing about 5 pounds and then I get stuck.

Farmgirl hugs!

Farmgirl Bre
"By day the Lord directs His love, at night His song is with me- a prayer to the God of my life." Ps. 42:8
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - May 23 2012 :  08:40:24 AM  Show Profile
I'm back from Vegas vacation. We walked and walked and walked!! It really is a big place to visit. I don't gamble, but the sights were amazing. I didn't loose any weight, but my legs sure feel more muscular!

Happy to hear about all of your successes. Weight to go ladies!!

Lots to clean up and put away, so later sisters!!

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - May 23 2012 :  08:51:40 AM  Show Profile
Love reading about all your successes going on. I just had my one year anniversary of joining my gym at the beginning of May. I lost 55 pounds over that year. I still have about 40 to go. I was a little mad that I didn't get all the way down, but slow steady wins the race, right?

Stepped on the scale today and discovered I'd gained 5 pounds over the two week road trip I was just on. We were eating so much junk food though and lots of salt so I'm hoping it will come back off fairly quickly now that I'm back on track. I also did very little exercising while on the trip so time to get back in the habit!

One thing my trainer has told me to focus on though is losing fat, not just weight. As I build up muscle, my body is better able to burn the fat which is what I really want to lose.

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

jollyquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

WV
USA
251 Posts

Posted - May 23 2012 :  4:12:22 PM  Show Profile
Everyone seems to be doing well!! Yeah ladies!!!

Breanna.....You may not want my advice.........but I think you need more calories! i believe your body just might feel like you are starving it and therefore not ready to let go of any fat. Just increase maybe 300-400 calories a day and then do your exercise. See what happens and drink that water girl...

I have also not seen any weight drop for a few weeks and I am now walking twice a day and my calories are at about 1800-2000 a day. I do 3 miles twice a day and then all the other "work" that goes along with life. So we will see if I can jump start this again.

www.StuffByKim.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jollyquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

WV
USA
251 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  07:04:10 AM  Show Profile
I got a 3 mile walk/hike in this morning with the dogs. They are happy. It was a beautiful morning to be out and about and it was a great start to the day. Very energizing to get moving in the morning air.

Now I believe grilled veggies with grilled sourdough bread is what is on the menu for this evening. And we may just eat on the porch!

www.StuffByKim.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  07:32:55 AM  Show Profile
Well, I hit the 20 lb. mark a couple of weeks ago and thought I could start introducing carbs (healthy ones) back into my system...NOT!!! Already my belly is growing....so I am reading a book called 'Metabolism Miricle' it is about having metabolism B...which means you are hypersensitive to carbs....so here I go again!

Back to work today (I work week-ends) chat at y'all later!

Love and Light,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

jollyquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

WV
USA
251 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  09:06:15 AM  Show Profile
I walked again last night and also took the dogs for a nice wlak this morning. Watered in the garden and pulled some weeds this morning as well. I am prepping for a show next weekend but I still have some yard na d garden work to complete this weekend.

Keep moving ladies.........it all work and it all counts!

www.StuffByKim.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  3:56:56 PM  Show Profile
Ok ladies, you have inspired me to get back on track. Did great a couple of years ago and then "fell off the wagon" and gained the weight back. But after reading this thread, I've gotten the inspiration I need from all of you to start up again. HAVE to get back on the treadmill and start eating better. This thread is better than a gym and costs a lot less for all the encouragement from everyone. Keep up all the good work ladies and I am now your latest recruit.
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  4:32:45 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gang.. Just found your forum.. and I NEED inspiration. I lost 15 pounds over the winter and gained back about 4 -- uphill is the WRONG direction. Just love your support and inspirational thoughts.

I just came back from a quilt retreat where I think I ate constantly for 4 days. I will not get on a scale for the next 3 weeks!!! (Well, I did get on this morning - I suspected the time of reckoning was at hand, just had to confirm it.)

I dislike exercise for the sake of exercise and Soo I really to find something I enjoy and can do at home or in the neighborhood (no excise machines.. mine become clothes racks! LOL) Any suggestions. (If you gave me a grocery cart I would gladly walk for miles.. It's a woman thing.- but I guess that's not an option).

I WAS eating this way: BREAKFAST Coffee or pero with cocoa in the morning, followed by a banana. A little later a bowl of oatmeal and big handful of blueberries (or oatmeal dry with applesauce on top - a little cinnamon is good too.)

LUNCH - a 1/2 of sandwich.

SUPPER- a small lunch size TV dinner or the equivalent. Whole natural almonds and popcorn for snacks. Sometimes a microwave bag of veggies for dinner with slice of bread, non transfat margarine, garlic powder. Fresh fruit as desired. Sometimes a salad for supper with chicken strips or black beans. Some coffee, tea, or ice tea or diet sodas during the day.

Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  4:43:09 PM  Show Profile
Oops.. sent without completing.. sorry.

I found that I was eating 1/3 to 1/2 more food than I needed. When I cut back significantly I was no longer craving food ALL DAY LONG. And I just kept busy with things that interested me. I walked alot.. but only for short distances throughout the day (think 200 paces at a time).. and used my day to quilt, paint pictures with friends, play cards, shop, scrapbook (and yes, got to clean house too.) I did about 15 - 20 minutes of yoga each morning.

Also allowed myself splurges.. Biscuits and gravy Sunday breakfast. Maybe another nice meal out during the week. Etc... UNFORTUNATELY NOW THAT I AM AT A DIFFERENT LOCATION (WE ARE RVers)
I AM NOT SO MOTIVATED. And slipping and sliding, and slipping and sliding off the food plan.

Your posts have been inspirational.. and just putting my day activity and food plan into writing is helping me see where I have gotten off the trail. And hopefully reading your wonderful comments will encourage my journey. Thanks for listening.

And to all of us.. keep on keeping on. It WILL be worth it!

Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  5:09:20 PM  Show Profile
Made it to the gym today. After three weeks with no working out, I hurt! In a good way though. My goal is to be down to my full goals by Christmas. My trainer and I talked about it today and it is very doable even with splurges occasionally. Off I go!

Anyone have any yummy healthy meals to share?

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  7:01:27 PM  Show Profile
I have a new favorite snack. Costco sells a package of frozen soy beans in individual servings size that you just steam in the microwave. I love squeezing them out of the shell and the serving size is reasonable. Does anyone else enjoy these?

I have been spending my days helping my daughter get ready to move. Not exactly aerobic exercise, but exercise none the less!!

So happy to see all the new fgs!

marianne
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic exercise, eating right and weight loss Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page