Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Tunnel Vision? Next Topic  

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2014 :  03:00:11 AM  Show Profile
I'm not sure what's going on with me. Ever since the accident, it seems like I've been having trouble with my peripheral vision when I'm driving. It's freaking me out when i drive on a four-lane road and a car comes alongside me. I don't see it till the last second. I'm going to try to see my dr. today,he's only in his office for two hours on Wednesday. If I can't get in, I hope he can recommend someone. I also have trouble when I turn my head to the right, I can only hold that position for a few seconds. But it's fine when I turn my head to the left. I getting almost too scared to drive. And the weird thing is, the cars behind me don't scare me, even though I got hit from behind. And it's OK when I'm on a two-lane road and can see cars coming towards me. It's just the cars sneaking up on my sides that scare me. Anyone ever experienced anything like this? I don't know if it's due to stress or what. But it ain't fun.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2014 :  03:54:44 AM  Show Profile
I'm sorry you are going through this. Best to see the doctor today. Does he have an associate you could see if he is busy and you can't see him? I can understand being scared when you have a change in your vision. I think the cars coming along side of you are more scary, because you don't know if they are in your blind spot and you don't always know what they are going to do. Thinking of you, hope all turns out well!
Denise
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3930 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3930 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2014 :  07:39:44 AM  Show Profile
Please get a complete exam as soon as possible. Make his insurance pay for it. Clearly document all you symptoms and when you felt them. This will be crucial if you develop a more serious condition as a result of the accident.

Marie, Sister #5142

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2014 :  10:03:38 AM  Show Profile
Cindy, as I was reading your symptoms I couldn't help but think that your head being thrown back and forth as it was in the accident could have caused more problems than they initially thought. I am not trying to be Debbie Downer at all - just cautious. The whiplash could've affected your retina, your optic nerve or other parts of your eyes or brain. It could be swelling that is affecting your vision or something even more serious. Even elevated blood pressure can affect your vision, and Lord knows you have reason for your blood pressure to be up. Please do go back for a complete physical, as Marie suggested, but also contact a good opthamologist or eye surgeon to have your eyes checked. A whiplash can be very harmful and you don't always initially see its effects. Please do go be seen as soon as possible. I'm very concerned about you. You're in my thoughts and prayers, sister. Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Jan 15 2014 10:04:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2014 :  1:05:38 PM  Show Profile
I couldn't get in today but I have an appt. for tomorrow afternoon. I did some research online and found that extreme stress can cause tunnel vision. So can a detached retina. When he hit me, my head went forward, then back, and it was a violent jerk. I didn't hit my head but maybe just the jerk was enough to mess things up. I'm taking a medication for anxiety and it's pretty strong but I still sometimes feel like I'm in a state of perpetual panic attack. And it's scary to drive.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2014 :  5:25:32 PM  Show Profile
I saw my dr. today. He thinks I have a mild concussion. I remember, when he hit me, it felt like my brain moved forward, then backwards in my skull. I know the brain is surrounded by fluid, so try to imagine you're at the beach with your back to the ocean, and a strong wave comes in and then goes out. That's the only analogy I can think of. He prescribed a muscle relaxant for my neck. I did see a lawyer, as about four people with this type of injury said I should do. Sometimes the results of the crash don't show up for a while. I've never seen a lawyer before, and I'd hoped I'd never have to, but it's for my own protection. It also takes the stress of dealing with the other guy's insurance off of me, as I don't handle stress very well. I'm a single woman, and I'm poor, and some insurance agencies would try to take advantage of that. Still don't have a car of my own to drive, but I should get an offer soon. Thanks to everyone who has prayed for me. You guys are great.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Tunnel Vision? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page