Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 exercise, eating right and weight loss
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic exercise, eating right and weight loss Next Topic
Page: of 15

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2012 :  3:26:44 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to our new ladies.

You will find lots of company but very little misery. Sorry, but it's just not allowed. Always be upbeat. Fake it till you make it!! We've had children, we've had stitches, we've fallen down, but we continue to get up. We are women, hear us roar!! Especially when we meet our goals.

Make simple goals. Baby steps.

Today, my goal was to harvest, clean, cut, blanch & freeze a bunch of green beans from my garden. I have bad knees (working on them with physical therapy) but I harvested by crawling all around my little bean patch. I put up 10 pints today and leftovers with dinner. I had forgotten how good fresh green beans taste. Mmmm.

Including PT, gardening and general house cleaning, I logged in about 4 hours of movement today. Physical therapist is including water therapy once a week. I am looking forward to it. Supposed to work those muscles harder, but you don't know it cause the water is 92 degrees.

Marianne - I cut up zucchini, yellow squash, butternut squash, potatoes & onions and spritz them with olive oil & 'oven' fry them. My family loves them that way. We eat lots of fresh squash all summer and fall, then freeze the rest. Mostly shredded to add to breads or muffins...some cubed for stews in the crock pot...some pureed for cakes. We love us some squash!!

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  11:10:01 AM  Show Profile
Down 14 pounds now. Yay!

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

Sugar Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Pamela Jean
Sugarloaf Ca
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  1:25:39 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by FieldsofThyme

Down 14 pounds now. Yay!

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/

Good for you!!!!!

Stand for What's Right!
Go to Top of Page

Sugar Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Pamela Jean
Sugarloaf Ca
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  1:27:15 PM  Show Profile
Just started last night on eating better and less, and went for a walk...it's a start.

Stand for What's Right!
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  1:44:00 PM  Show Profile
Even the weight loss journey begins with a single step.....you go!

Love,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  3:55:42 PM  Show Profile
Yay Kristina!! Good job.

I walked for about 3 hours today - went to a flea market. Had a lot of fun, and boy it was hot, and came home with a hand crank beater!!

Later sisters. Keep moving!!

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

erowease
True Blue Farmgirl

294 Posts

Lesley
Edmonds wa
USA
294 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  5:08:51 PM  Show Profile
I keep working towards getting my weight below 200 but its a slow process. Going off of dairy, sugar and wheat has really made a difference, I find juicing some veggies with some apples helps me fight of the "treat" cravings but still struggle with not cheating now and then. I keep telling myself that slow and steady will be better in the long run so that hopefully when I reach my final goal I can keep it off.
Best new recipe I tried this week was chopped kale with tomatoes and avocado sprinkled with lime juice. I am now trying to figure out to pickle some of my favorite veggies.

Lesley
"I see God in the eyes of every child...every life is precious to God, whatever the circumstances." Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

jollyquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

WV
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  8:00:34 PM  Show Profile
Welcome aboard and rememeber we all started in the same place.

Kristina.......yippy!!! Keep moving!

I walked and fleamarketed today so lots of moving but I am about to crash now so see ya tomorrow.

www.StuffByKim.etsy.com
http://fiberandflea.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sugar Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Pamela Jean
Sugarloaf Ca
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2012 :  3:39:29 PM  Show Profile
Got my ticker, maybe that will help me work harder.

Pam

Stand for What's Right!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSZ8KGU/]

[/url]
Go to Top of Page

jollyquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

WV
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  4:08:57 PM  Show Profile
Not sure what today is all about but I could eat anything and everything sweet in the world. This is so unlike me!!! I need to go to sleep so I will not want to eat.

www.StuffByKim.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  7:12:59 PM  Show Profile
Aw, Kim, those are tough days. Hope tomorrow is better.
marianne
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  05:54:46 AM  Show Profile
OK - this may sound a bit strange, but I just love to take cukes, red onions & carrots - all sliced really thin. Sprinkle all with layers of salt and let rest about 3 hours. Rinse really well, then cover with a little more salt, pepper & apple cider vinegar. I let it sit in the fridge for about a day, shaking it a couple of times, then drain a little vinegar off & start enjoying it. Don't know if the rest of you ever had anything like this, but it is really good. I call it my calorie free salad. I plop a heaping pile over just plain salad greens & eat to my hearts content. I have also put it over rewarmed leftover spaghetti (plain noodles, no sauce). What do you think?

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  7:23:28 PM  Show Profile
That sounds real "summer-y" Clever concoction...look forward to trying it,Kathy.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

erowease
True Blue Farmgirl

294 Posts

Lesley
Edmonds wa
USA
294 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  9:09:06 PM  Show Profile
ok, I admit it I broke down and had a slice of chocolate cake today at work. You know what? I did not enjoy it. It was too sweet and all I could taste was the fat. Going a couple months without sugar and wheat has changed my tastebuds. I think I will stick with my fruit from now on.

Lesley
"I see God in the eyes of every child...every life is precious to God, whatever the circumstances." Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  04:51:04 AM  Show Profile
I think a small treat now and then will not be a bad thing. I keep those tiny bity snickers & milky ways & 3 musketeers like you give out at Halloween in the freezer. That way when I get one of 'those' cravings I can just pop one of the frozen candies in my mouth and it takes such a long time to melt and chew through it that it satisfies me completely.

I started physical therapy in the pool yesterday. I spent over an hour walking, stretching, pulling.....I was just sort of having fun in the pool - salt water and 92 degrees! Today, I'm limping and my muscles are sore all over. I tried to do some ham string stretches this morning and my leg immediately went into major cramp! OK - I'll wait until this afternoon to do anymore stretching. Beside the help this will be to my leg, I'm sneaking in moving my arms so my shoulders get some stretching in too.

Got to run. Later sisters. Keep pushing & reporting!

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  06:35:14 AM  Show Profile
Well, as my postings here have slowed down my eating habits have slipped as well! : ( So here I am with 10 lbs to go on my weight lose plan! That's okay though coz I just gotta stop eating the stuff I have been eating and add fresh fruit and veggies...which shouldn't bee hard considering my garden is really doing well this year! : ) gotta move, check my eating, and be accountable here! Now that I gave myself the perverbiable talking to I'll do better!

Thanks for listening!

Love ya's,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
That which does not kill me, only serves to make me stronger!...unknown to me.
Go to Top of Page

jollyquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

WV
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  11:16:23 AM  Show Profile
Hey ladies, What ever it was has passed. I felt like a aslug yesterday and then woke with loads of energy this morning. I believe it must have something to do with the heat and humidity.

Fixing a bake-over for dinner a bit of ground venison, chili beans, onions and I will top it with mexican cornbread.

www.StuffByKim.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  4:26:17 PM  Show Profile
You know some days I do great ... high energy, exercise, work in the garden using good back mechanics ... and then others, I just can't seem to get out of my own way. I am uncomfortable and don't want to do my exercises even though I know they will make me feel better in the long run.

I guess we just have to forgive our short-comings and keep announcing our accomplishments.

Today I worked in the garden and enjoyed every moment of it. Yesterday, I "boogied on down the pounds" with my bud Richard Simmons! My DVDs are oldies buy goodies!!

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

jollyquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

WV
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  09:09:25 AM  Show Profile
Feeling better today and was looking forward to getting out and pushing the lawn mower for about 5 miles. But the darn thing won't start!! So I am working inside today till dh comes home and can get it started for me. Making some good food to have on hand for the weekend and making dinner for some friends tonight since the husband had hip replacement surgery and will get home today.

I will mow this evening and do some other yard work. And I believe we might have a fire in the fire pit this evening. It will be nice to sit and relax with friends and maybe pop some popcorn?

www.StuffByKim.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  12:58:23 PM  Show Profile
Kim, That sounds like a very nice evening, indeed. But, the five miles behind a push mower? Wow,can I pass?

So, my bud, Richard Simmons, was pleasantly surprised to see me on the other side of the tv screen again today!! Yea, me. Just walked down the driveway to get the mail - about a third of a mile, one way. It wasn't there, so I'll get another 2/3 miles later. Let the horses out to graze, love to see them kick up their heels, literally! So far, a great day.

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  1:31:49 PM  Show Profile
Well, Physical therapy really worked my legs to death!! Yesterday & today, both my legs are sore, but I know it's for my own good. I did my home exercises and they were rough going too. Pulling weeds didn't help.
Oh well, keep up the good work and ignore the bad. Eventually they'll all even out.
Portion control (says the woman who just ate two pears-yum).
Later sisters.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

jollyquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

WV
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  5:23:45 PM  Show Profile
It hit 105* here today so I am glad we walked early this morning. Have been eating lots of veggies fromt the garden so that is helping with the weight as well as the grocery bill!! Humidity is suppose to hit tomorrow so I may have to use the treadmill.

What is everyone else been up to?

www.StuffByKim.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  02:35:04 AM  Show Profile
105! Hope you get some relief from the heat wave. We JUST hit 80 for the first time this year. So weird these weather changes ... kinda scary!

PT sounds brutal, Kim. Congratulations on keeping with it and doing the home exercises. That's where most people slack off. Even though it is for their own good. Funny how physical therapy has always been a lot of work for me whenever I have had it prescribed and then my girl friend has to go and she gets massages. What?
mariannw
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  06:06:01 AM  Show Profile
My legs are really getting into shape with all the water physical therapy....well, at lease they don't hurt as much when I exercise. My goal is to be able to bend over and actually touch my toes without bending my knees. Baby steps-easy goals. I'll keep at it until I reach my toes, then the ground, then who knows. I may yet be able to do some of those Yoga stretches before the end of the year.

Congratulations on your weight losses. Good job on all your walking and mowing. Everybody seems to be doing well. Remember to keep hydrated at all times & NO, soda is not almost like water. Soda dehydrates your body. Drink your water ice cold, or room temp.....however you like it. Just drink it. Your body needs water to flush out excess fat.

Don't over do it in this heat ladies. I want to see everybody back here by next week with wonderful news!!

You're all my lifelines. Without all your good words and encouragements I'd be a couch potato instead of growing potatoes in my garden and playing out in the world.

Prayers all around sisters.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2012 :  01:19:22 AM  Show Profile
Kathy, You know you are gonna hit that flexibility you want! Thanks for the reminder about keeping hydrated. I ate one of those personal size watermelons after dinner tonight. Yep, the whole thing. It's not THAT big! Talk about hydration! Been up every hour to visit the bathroom! I guess that's good though.

I am so glad you made it through those nasty storms. I saw photos of giant trees down. IT was amazing. Bet it was really something to live through. Glad you are safe and sound.

Congratulations, Kristina. Farm Girl of the Month. I saw the congratulations everywhere and knew where I could "find" you. You are a faithful contributor and the gal that started this thread! You really deserve the honor. You start so many interesting threads. You are very quick to encourage the rest of us. Your imagination and talent really inspires me. I hope you enjoy your special month!

Keep up the great work girlfriends!
Marianne
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic exercise, eating right and weight loss Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page