junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2006 :  04:51:49 AM  Show Profile
Oh how I wish I had time to sew! All your projects are fablous and so creative! I'm too busy with trying to save the garden, re-do the dining room, get ready for company, and so forth! I guess that why winter is my favorite time for sewing projects, I can't wait! Welcome to all the newbies here, Newheart, I love your screen name, perfect!

www.sageflowerfarm.blogspot.com

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

doglady
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Tina
Howard Ohio
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2006 :  05:56:41 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone:

I finally became fed up with not finding something nice and not so expensive to sleep in. Soooo, I took my favorite nighti, cut it apart, and drew a new pattern. I'm working on that today out of a very tiny flower print made of cotton. Everything I kept seeing in the stores were cheaply made, high priced, too short, or too long for me and I think this will work.

Doglady

The dogs own the house but the people pay the mortgage!
www.kennelcreations.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2006 :  08:07:36 AM  Show Profile
What a great idea Tina! I bought some flannel for a new winter nightgown not long ago..and dark blue calico looking floral...I need to create a new one like my old faithful nightgown..the kids called it "old Blue". I should just make my own pattern if I can't find the original. I made that one too....but it was many years ago. Let us know how yours turns out!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2006 :  11:36:21 AM  Show Profile
I have started making pillow cases for Christmas presents. I bought some beautiful eyelet on sale at JoAnn Fabrics last week. My machine needs to be cleaned thoroughly , though. I am also doing pillowcases with bunnies on them with cross stitch.
Mommom
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2006 :  4:25:06 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I am making yo-yo's and signature redwork blocks and aprons right now. When I get the yo-yo's back I think the girls and eye are going to make an edging for some pillow cases out of them so they can all use them not sure yet though.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe

http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/
http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2006 :  6:43:05 PM  Show Profile
I have spent the day developing a pattern for a new bag. Wanted one I could carry while traveling. Needed to meet certain criteria. Not too big as I only want to carry the minimum. I like the kind with a long stap that you put over your head and it goes across the body. Then it can be hands free. I wanted this strap to be contoured to the body. Anyway I've been thinking about this for awhile. Today I searched online and found a travel sling on the birch street clothing link. It was close. I was too cheap to buy the pattern so I draped "Daffy" , my homemade dress form. I think I have the pattern down so I cut it out. I had to stop since it was time to go to pottery class and I needed more interfacing. Tomorrow I hope to finish it. Wish me luck!
Happy sewing,
Teddie
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2006 :  08:54:50 AM  Show Profile
Jayne,
Where do you do your basting if carpeted floors hurt your knees? I actually have two bedrooms which are carpeted; our own room, which doesn't have a lot of free floor space, and my old sewing/guest room. I had hoped to be able to use the wooden floor in the new sewing room and keep the chaos combined, but did use the old sewing room carpet in the end. I don't think I scoot around on my knees.:) I crab around and then sit as I baste. I'm seriously thinking about ending the bed size quilts and going smaller. I had hoped to make another king-size for our bed, but there's a comforter on top anyway, so the current quilt isn't even visible.... incidentally, I basted that one in our bedroom, half of it rolled up at all times. It's a wonder it didn't get wrinkles in the backing. I was younger then.

You certainly have a lot going on! A baby quilt sounds like fun...

Ann

There is a Redeemer.

Edited by - Phils Ann on Aug 11 2006 08:56:37 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic needle and thread Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page