Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 Irene is heading straight for us Update 9/6
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Weather Report: Previous Topic Irene is heading straight for us Update 9/6 Next Topic
Page: of 2

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  7:12:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirl Sisters,
I saw where Dorinda posted that she's having a hurricane party, can't say I share her enthusiasm. It's coming straight for us. We are surrounded by big, tall trees, and if we lose electricity, we lose water too, since we have a well. We've stocked up on food, water, and put away most everything outside (have more to do tomorrow), and set up a bed and candles, etc. in our basement, as we have alot of glass on both sides of the house. When I was about ten I lived through Hurricane Allen down south, and it was pretty darn scary. I just heard they are evacuating NY City, which I am quite close to. I am most worried about the big tall trees our area is surrounded by. I know I am lucky, as I am not near a beach (about 45 mins. from the coast) like those poor people in North Carolina that have evacuated their homes, but am really, honestly, pretty darn scared. Please keep us in your prayers, and I'm praying my DH gets home from work early tomorrow. They've already cancelled the first day of school next week. I'll log back on and let you all know we are okay as soon as possible. To all my farmgirl sisters out there who are being hit by Irene as well, you are all in my thoughts and prayers, too. Hopefully, I'll be able to report that everything went without a hitch.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

Edited by - texdane on Sep 06 2011 06:10:51 AM

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  7:17:09 PM  Show Profile
sometimes even a small hurricane can cause tons of damage and destruction from the storm surge and wind, dry ground soaks up that water quick and the trees go down fast with that wind, stay safe Nicole, and everyone else in the path...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  7:19:22 PM  Show Profile
Nicole, I will be praying for you guys up there. I can't imagine what you are feeling right now. I can't even imagine evacuating NYC. Wow, that's bad when that happens. Where do all those people go? My hubby is in upstate NY sick in his truck. I sure hope he is well enough to get out of there soon. Y'all be safe and get lots of water!

kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Island Gal
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marcie
Texas
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  7:23:35 PM  Show Profile
Nicole, I know you are scared, I've been there. We live in a hurricane area too but this one isn't coming near us. Stay safe!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  7:46:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I agree! Stay safe and let us know when you can!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

JessieLovesToCraft
True Blue Farmgirl

115 Posts

Jessie
Loxahatchee FL
USA
115 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  7:55:10 PM  Show Profile
Stay safe to Nicole and all others in the path of Irene!

Farmgirl Sister #3404
Jessie

A wise girl knows her limits, but a real girl realizes she doesn't have any!
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  7:59:11 PM  Show Profile
Thought and prayers are with you! I'll be watching the news but please keep us posted on your welfare!
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  8:08:05 PM  Show Profile
Nicole ~ I've been thinking of you and other farm sisters in the hurricane's path and saying prayers for safety for all of you.

Love and extra big hugs
Stay safe!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3320 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3320 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  9:08:58 PM  Show Profile
Sheesh....Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you on the coast!

I have a dear cousin who lives in Manhattan. He doesn't own a car, but had planned on flying out today to Toronto...hoping he was able to leave on time.

I can't even IMAGINE what it must be like for you. The waiting must be maddening.

Take care of yourself and your family and know we are thinking of you!

Keep us posted....

Melody
Farmgirl #525
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  9:21:52 PM  Show Profile
Be safe! You'll all be in our prayers.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  07:41:42 AM  Show Profile
Nicole:
Stay safe. Be respectful of the water, low or high. All of you will be in my prayers.
Let us hear from you when you can.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

momshopsalotta
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Connie
Hertford NC
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  07:59:23 AM  Show Profile
Best of luck to you Nicole. We live in Hertford, NC, very close to the water. Our power is on and off and the worst of the storm is not here yet. We have a lot of branches in the yard and our front yard is filling up fast. I wish for safety to all my farmgirl sisters.
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  08:06:53 AM  Show Profile
That storm looks like it means business! Be safe sisters! I'm hoping and praying for all of you.

Big hugs!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

WoodstreamDreambyNicole
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Nicole
Marlton NJ
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  12:49:23 PM  Show Profile
Yes, it's a scary scene. We've already had wind-driven rain here and the storm's eye is still over NC (we're in south central NJ). We prepared and prayed and we're continuing to pray. That and entertain the children, we've been inside for days because of on and off rain the past few days. Praying for no tornadoes, we have a 40% chance with the advance, and no trees coming down because we have a lot of tall trees and very saturated ground.

Stay safe!

Nicole
Shop
www.woodstreamdream.etsy.com
Custom Creations
www.woodstreamdream.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6649 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6649 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  12:54:25 PM  Show Profile
Take care everyone and take cover when the time comes, we do not want anything to happen to any of our farmgirls or their families.
Stay safe everyone and check in when you can.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  2:30:32 PM  Show Profile
There are 4 states with tornado warnings, and a report of 4 storm deaths, with hundreds of thousands without power, and its not over yet, its a huge storm even with the down grade to between a 1 & 2 cat, stay safe all of you...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  2:31:10 PM  Show Profile
I was typing the message below ... when this flew into the universe and posted itself. I guess I can't delete the partial message so I just erased it and started over. Anyway, I said what I wanted to say below.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.

Edited by - darlystippie on Aug 27 2011 2:38:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  2:33:33 PM  Show Profile
Been checking the news regularly. Take care all of you in Irene's path. She's not being a lady - and we don't want any of you hurt in any way. You are in my prayers.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  4:35:00 PM  Show Profile
Nicole - I am thinking of you. I'm sitting here at the Jersey Shore. Our town had strong suggestions for voluntary evacuation but we (and everyone on our street) decided to ride it out at home. We just hope everything doesn't hit at high tide. We have tornado watches for Monmouth County until about 8 or so tonight. The are telling us that we will be losing power so I am watching all the tv I can until it goes out. We are also worried about the trees as we have neighbors who have not taken down their dead trees. Just praying that everyone makes it through the hurricane without damage or injury.

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com
http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
http://embchicken-thechubbychicken.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  5:06:06 PM  Show Profile
Believe it or not, it's supposed to hit Lake Champlain bigtime too--strange. So. . .here I sit baking bread, filling up all kinds of containers with water, putting the chickens in their coop, and doing laundry. Sigh. . .

http://troutwife.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  5:51:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi All,
Wanted to check in. Hubby found three cases of bottled water yesterday, I filled the tubs, and any other containers I can find. All the outdoor items are put away, fridge is stocked, and emergency bags are packed. We can go to the basement if need be, or stay upstairs if that's safer. (Depends on the wind and the flooding). Our electric company called everyone with a message that they are expecting power to be out for a minimum of two days....ugh. DH made it home safe, I even cleaned my house real good so at least it will be tidy the first few days, right? DH laughed at me and said since I mopped the basement if the floors get wet at least it won't be dirty water. I tend to clean when I get nervous, ha ha. Harvested what I could from the garden, and tried freezing some herbs (don't know if that will work). Baked cookies, homemade mac and cheese, and washed all my greens. My animals have been acting weird all day. They evacuated many areas around us, those that are closest to lakes, ponds, and dams.

Elaine, darlin', I have been thinking of you, too, and hope you and yours have no trouble. Big hugs! Hang in there! Post us when you can!!!!!

Stay safe, everyone, and I will post as soon as possible. Keep us and all the Northeast farmgirls in your prayers!

Seriously though, an earthquake AND a hurricane the same week??? :)

Hugs to you all, and thank you for your prayers.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

henlady35904
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Kim
Gadsden Alabama
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  6:39:32 PM  Show Profile
All you farmgirls in Irenes path are in my thoughts and prayers. Stay safe!

Farmgirl Sister #2667
Go to Top of Page

Lady Woodworker
True Blue Farmgirl

259 Posts

Karen
Chamberlain Maine
USA
259 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  8:16:06 PM  Show Profile
Praying for you Nicole,

Irene is headed our way after she visits you.
She'll likely be a lot easier on us, I think.

I lived in Sandy Hook for a year. Such a lovely area.
Be well and safe.

Hugs!

Karen

Farmgirl Sister # 2419
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3320 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3320 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  8:53:51 PM  Show Profile
Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers East Coast Farmgirls.... Stay safe, hunnker down and know this too shall pass!

Melody
Farmgirl #525
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  11:22:09 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Melody----the sooner the better for me...Sheila, hope it fizzles out before it reaches Vermont......I still have a few things to gather before it hits here today in the afternoon.

God be with us and let us feel Your ever protection.

Beverly Gill in Massachusetts

There's no place like home
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2011 :  05:58:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ladies, we were lucky and Irene missed us here in GA, but I am worried about all my Sisters north of us. Please keep us posted. I also have family in MA and NH. Dear Lord, watch over every one in the path of Irene. Keep them safe. Amen

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Weather Report: Previous Topic Irene is heading straight for us Update 9/6 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page