kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2011 :  06:40:09 AM  Show Profile
So they said Aug. was the driest month on record here. Not a drop of rain. Nothing all month.

But last night and today will more than make up for it. It is pouring out there! And has been for hours. I can already see things greening back up out there. The dogs are sopping wet but I think they are liking it. Mazie and Chuck are. No flies on them when it's raining. But the goats aren't happy. They have to stay in when it's raining.

I hope some of this will go to Texas and where ever else it's needed right now. It sure is welcome here.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

henlady35904
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Kim
Gadsden Alabama
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2011 :  08:44:10 AM  Show Profile
Kris, finally raining here too, thank the Lord. We were dry all of August too. I'm sitting on the back porch enjoying!

Farmgirl Sister #2667
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2011 :  09:25:48 AM  Show Profile
I wish we had a posch here. I miss my big ole posch at our old house. There is a porch next door at out little guest house but I have 20 bales of hay on it right now and the swing is blocked. Enjoy your porch time. I think I am going to go knit some.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

henlady35904
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Kim
Gadsden Alabama
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2011 :  10:27:02 AM  Show Profile
I have been working on a cowl for winter, maybe I will finish it up today. Happy knitting!

Farmgirl Sister #2667
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2011 :  10:52:16 AM  Show Profile
I can almost hear the ground sucking in the rain! It is soo needed. We have the windows open in the covered areas and the sound of rain falling is so soothing. I started knitting a new scarf yesterday. I had some pretty hand dyed variegated yarn that was calling to me. : ) I hope it rains for a couple more days. I'm looking forward to being home alone and unable to work outside! Seems like I just can't stay in if it isn't raining. The house needs attention inside. I'm going to work like a mad woman tomorrow so I can sit back and enjoy it on Wed.!
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2011 :  11:13:52 AM  Show Profile
My mom just sent me a video of the creek in their back yard. It's all the way to the middle of the yard heading to the garage really fast. When they first bought this house they were told they needed flood insurance and couldn't figure out why. Now they know! It's really rising fast. There are apartment buildings near them that flood every time it rains like this. But we are higher here. Our front yard and up by the road always gets ponds. When we had ducks, they loved it.

I finished my first ever knitted dishcloth just now! It took a long time. I could have had 8 crocheted in the time it took to just do that one. So I think I will stick to crocheting those and knitting other things. I do like knitting alot. And want to learn to knit hats so bad. I might try to find a tutorial on you tube.

Y'all have fun! It is nice. But I have hubby and grand here. Lazy Dd is upstairs sleeping.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

henlady35904
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Kim
Gadsden Alabama
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2011 :  5:59:09 PM  Show Profile
Connie, hope you got the house work done so you can knit tomorrow, would love to see the finished scarf. Kris, don't give up on the knitting, when I first learned to knit it took forever to make a dishcloth. The power is finally on and still raining, the air is so cool, might have to wear a sweater to work tonight. Lol

Farmgirl Sister #2667
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  09:30:19 AM  Show Profile
It sure is a mess out there. Water and mud all over. And it's cold! I hope to not have to turn on the AC again. The phone libe was out til just about an hour ago so no computer. I am so glad the power came back on. It was off about 16 hours. I have 3 1/2 freezers full of meat and veggies. I think we may need to invest in a generator soon in case this happens again. And it probably wiil. I can't affors to loose all the food. Not to mention all the time that went into it also.

I did finally get that one dish cloth finished. But really, I can crochet one faster. But I do love to knit now.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  09:39:25 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kristin -

I'm glad you're finally getting rain. Wish we could have sent you some from up here - we're flooding bad again! It has been so wet we were never able to even get a garden or our buckwheat in. I think the only thing we could have planted was rice!

I have a really easy knitting pattern for hats if you are interested. It is a ribbed "beanie" style hat with a cuff. If you want to try it, e-mail me.

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6624 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6624 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2011 :  04:43:28 AM  Show Profile
Thanks be to God for the rain that is finally coming to all of you who have been plagued by drought!. Now if we could just get some out Texas way that would be awesome. For those who have had too much rain, we are all keeping you in our prayers that the waters will recede soon and recovery will be possible for your homes and land. What a crazy mess this whole summer has been! And we have 3 storms that have potential for more havoc that are brewing along. What ever happened to just plain rain???

Winnie #3109
REd Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2011 :  06:21:48 AM  Show Profile
I was a little off as to how much we actually got. I heard on the news last night that Chattanooga got 10" of rain. They showed a really nice home along the banks of a lake and the whole backyard has slid down into the water. I'm surprised the house didn't go too. Or the houses on either side. But they were all fine as of yesterday. So lots of things like that happening.

Yeah, I wonder about that too, Winnie. Just a nice little shower that lasts long enough to soak the gorund and give everything a noce drink. What did happen? Now instead we get drought then fires then floods and hurricanes and tornadoes.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2011 :  06:26:57 AM  Show Profile
Don't forget the earthquake! I'm waiting on the locusts next.

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic It's raining here finally!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page