Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 Tropical Guest Lee Welcome to my home
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Weather Report: Previous Topic Tropical Guest Lee Welcome to my home Next Topic  

medievalcat
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Cynthia
White County Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2011 :  11:15:04 AM  Show Profile
Tropical Storm Lee is knocking on my door in sprawling rural community of Bush Louisiana. Since yesterday we had over 10 inches of rain and the wind gusts off and on. I'm fairly inland so I'm not worried about the storm surges but it's been reported a storm surge of 3.5 feet in Lake Pontchartrain. The center will be onshore later tomorrow or Monday and I'm hoping it's Sunday because I have to drive to work near the area the center is suppose to be hitting. We need the rain so I can't complain and it's a great day to bake and get fat while watching movies.

Hugs,
Cyn

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2011 :  11:52:22 AM  Show Profile
Stay safe...and enjoy those movies!!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2011 :  12:01:45 PM  Show Profile
Hi Cynthia, Tropical Storm Lee is knocking on my door also. I live in DeRidder, Louisiana. We live 45 miles north of Lake charles, and although are inland it has been raining since early morning and hasn't stopped yet. Hope you stay safe. Blessing Marlee
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2011 :  6:27:01 PM  Show Profile
We're getting the winds from the back side, but unfortunately, no rain. We've been in a drought for so long....the ground is crying for rain. I'm so glad "Lee" isn't doing much damage.

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

cynfullypurple
True Blue Farmgirl

190 Posts

Cynthia
Endwell NY
USA
190 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2011 :  7:22:38 PM  Show Profile
[size=2]Hi Cyn!

Sounds like you have a great plan for riding out the storm We got the tail end of Irene last weekend! Lost my power for about 10 hours, but thankfully it went out at about 5 am and was restored by 3:15, so I didn't have to go into the evening without lights and didn't loose any food.

Stay dry and safe!!
[/size=5]

[size=2]Cyn~
Farmgirl #2817

"The time is when a library is a school, and the librarian is in the highest sense a teacher, and the visitor is a reader among the books as a workman among his tools." ~Melvil Dewey[/size=5]
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2011 :  9:31:03 PM  Show Profile
Tropical Storm Lee is right next door to us now. 50 MPH winds, raining hard, trees blowing all over the place. We are expecting 100% rain for Sunday. The water is coming up around the neighborhood, but not up to the houses yet. I am keeping my fingeres crossed that the water does not continue to rise. Good luck girls! Keep posting and let us know how all are doing.
Take care, be safe.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2011 :  9:33:25 PM  Show Profile
Hi Marlee from DeRidder, I am Marly from around Lafayette. Marlee and Marly; very cool!
Hope you are enjoying the Maryjanes Farm connection.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Tropical Guest Lee Welcome to my home Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page