Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members
 Inkslinger Badge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members: Previous Topic Inkslinger Badge Next Topic  

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2011 :  1:14:19 PM  Show Profile
Could you expand on what you mean by "and write a short human-interest piece in your chosen genre" for the expert badge.

thanks
Laurie

http://www.inntheorchardbnb.com/

Ace
Photographer & Videographer

126 Posts

Alicia
Pullman Washington
USA
126 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2011 :  5:12:02 PM  Show Profile
Yes of course, the order of words looks like it was a bit misleading. I believe it was supposed to read like, "Read two books in the genre you chose to write in and write a short piece, of human interest, in your chosen genre."
If that was misleading, apologies. The story should still be focused in your chosen genre, just of 'human interest'. No need to write a human interest piece,

thanks for alerting us to the confusion! :]

-Alicia

"Nothing is better for the inside of a person, than the outside of a horse" -Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  10:16:28 AM  Show Profile
Is that on top of the 20 pages or part of the 20 pages. That was the part I was so sure about. And I think "of human interest" may be confusing.

According to Wikipedia a human interest story is a feature story that discusses a person or people in an interactive and/or emotional way. It presents people and their problems, concerns, or achievements in a way that brings about interest or sympathy in the reader or viewer. Basically - a good story.

In my head human interest stories were more like news reports and that I think was what confused me.

thanks
Laurie

Go to Top of Page

Ace

126 Posts

Alicia
Pullman Washington
USA
126 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  11:59:31 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Laurie!
Yes, we will be taking that portion out to avoid confusion as not everyone would want to write a human interest piece, :] and stating, write a story 'of human interest' is redundant. Good stories should be interesting anyways!

I am not sure what you mean by 'on top of the twenty pages'. Part of the beginner badge requires 500 words or 2 pages to then be corrected by a friend or family member who has strong editing skills. If you wanted to use the two page story you wrote for the beginner to help you start your 20 page piece for expert, that would be allowable. To be clear, there is only one 20 page requirement for this badge.

Does this answer your question?

-Alicia

"Nothing is better for the inside of a person, than the outside of a horse" -Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  7:42:54 PM  Show Profile
Ok, reading it made it sound like you needed a human interest story and the 20 pages. that's why I asked.
thanks

Go to Top of Page

Ace

126 Posts

Alicia
Pullman Washington
USA
126 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  11:10:02 AM  Show Profile
Glad to help! We really appreciate the feedback. :]

-Alicia

Go to Top of Page
  Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members: Previous Topic Inkslinger Badge Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page