Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members
 Merit Badge Idea - Family Recipes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members: Previous Topic Merit Badge Idea - Family Recipes Next Topic  

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

686 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
686 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2011 :  08:49:18 AM  Show Profile
I had an idea for a new merit badge, as I was making my grandmother's potatoe salad, my mom's red, white, and blue jello and my DH grandmother's BBQ sauce for our little picnic today. What if there was a merit badge that required you to obtain your favorite family recipes, maybe find out how long they your family has been making them, or where the tradition started.

Also sharing the recipes on the farmgirl forums. Perhaps one family's tradition can become another's tradition too.

Just a thought, mixing Know Your Roots and Farm Kitchen.

---
Farmgirl #2951
Currently renting-farmgirl wannabe

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2011 :  06:32:37 AM  Show Profile
or start your own or come up with other types of eating traditions as my family doesn't really have any. Our family tradition was V-8 juice at holidays. Sounds weird, but that was the only time we got it and we all remember it. It's not a holiday meal without.

http://www.inntheorchardbnb.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ace
Photographer & Videographer

126 Posts

Alicia
Pullman Washington
USA
126 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2011 :  5:38:36 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Emily!
Great badge idea! Our next badge unveiling is in January, but we will continue to develop any and all ideas you can submit.
This one is just on the right track :] Any good titles you can think of for it?

-Alicia

"Nothing is better for the inside of a person, than the outside of a horse" -Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page
  Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members: Previous Topic Merit Badge Idea - Family Recipes Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page