Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members
 cross stitch badge?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members: Previous Topic cross stitch badge? Next Topic  

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  08:18:56 AM  Show Profile
I was just looking over the badge list again, and wondered why cross-stitching was not one yet? Has anyone suggested list for this yet?

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

Kevin
Video/Merit Badge Farm Boy

152 Posts

Kevin
Pullman WA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  09:04:00 AM  Show Profile
In the past I've always counted cross-stitching for the embroidery badge, but I don't see why it couldn't be its own badge as well. Thanks Kristina!

-Kevin

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

-Robert A. Heinlein
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  09:38:14 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I would like this too.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  11:07:25 AM  Show Profile
There are so many cross-stitch challenges to come up with. For example, a full sized table cloth for expert level. For the beginner or intermediate there items to cross stitch, such as cloth napkins, also pillow cases, small pictures or Christmas ornaments, or even bookmarks.

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sharon Denise
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

Sharon
Temple TX
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2011 :  11:54:49 AM  Show Profile
That would be a great idea! It is definitely different enough from embroidery. What fun!

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet that will be the beginning."
~Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page

Sheepless in Seattle
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Paula
Everett WA
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  09:17:47 AM  Show Profile
According to the Cluck, I think cross stitch will be a new badge. Beginner: learn and cross stitch a bookmark or border for a picture frame Intermediate: learn about different fabrics to use for cross stitching and determine how many stitches per inch you would like your project to contain Expert: design your own template to cross stitch for a large project, such as a comforter or wall hanging.
Usually they update badges in January? and July, but I have noticed they haven't updated it yet.
Sheepless in Seattle,
Paula
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  09:26:42 AM  Show Profile
I think this would be great. I've earned 15 badges so far. I love to cross stitch and would love to earn a cross stitch badge. Thanks for bringing this up.

hugs
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

Go to Top of Page

Ace
Photographer & Videographer

126 Posts

Alicia
Pullman Washington
USA
126 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  10:06:56 AM  Show Profile
You may now start earning this badge! Thanks for the great suggestions ladies!

-Ace

"Nothing is better for the inside of a person, than the outside of a horse" -Will Rogers

Edited by - Ace on Aug 04 2011 4:51:39 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members: Previous Topic cross stitch badge? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page