Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 POSTCARD SWAP-50 States/Vacation - we're done!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic POSTCARD SWAP-50 States/Vacation - we're done!! Next Topic
Page: of 16

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  2:30:42 PM  Show Profile
I plan to do like CJ did and put mine in Photo Holders that are two sided. I have started looking for some but to date have not found
what I wanted. I think Wal-Marts Photo Department might just have them (from years past of having pictures printed...I think I bought
some there for a couple of dollars each.) Will have to head there to check them out.

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

MaggieMB
True Blue Farmgirl

217 Posts

Mary
western Pa
217 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  3:33:17 PM  Show Profile
I have received cards from CJ, Nini, and Robin. THANKS so much! LOVE them!!! I'm thinking about display options, too. Maybe a ribbon banner using the tiny clothespins. I'll also be on the lookout for an album or something for later. I have a little bit of a dilemma with my postcards, though. I thought it would be cool to make my own cards from a photo. Well, I ended up with 50 photo weight cards. I'm not sure if they can be mailed as is, or if I should just mail them in envelopes to be on the safe side. But then, you lose that cool postmarked look. Maybe I should mail one to myself and see what kind of shape it arrives in! LOL! Anyway, I'll be working on it! MaggieMB
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  3:36:07 PM  Show Profile
I was looking at these photo holders. The pockets in all of these measure 4" x 6", and are clear on both sides. I am sure we can find others out there, too, but these are what I found off the bat:

These are for a regular 3-ring binder, are horizontal and fit 2 two a page (or 4 back-to-back)

http://www.staples.com/Staples-4-x-6-Horizontal-Photo-Pages/product_462796

These are for a 12" x 12" album/three ring binder, come in vertical or horizontal, and hold 6 to a page (or 12 back-to-back):

https://papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com/Retail/Product.aspx?ItemID=588&CatalogID=35

https://papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com/Retail/Product.aspx?ItemID=5302&CatalogID=35

I am not sure all postcards are uniform in size, but I believe the maximum for a regular sized postcard is 4 1/4" x 6"... I'm not sure whether these would work for us, but I sure would like to have your feedback, or know if you all find anything else! :)

Thanks so much!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Go to Top of Page

MaggieMB
True Blue Farmgirl

217 Posts

Mary
western Pa
217 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  5:46:06 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for doing the research, Nini! I have noticed differences in sizes, but the majority of postcards are the same. I like the idea of a 3 ring binder! More protection than the basket that i use now! Maggie MB
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  7:13:29 PM  Show Profile
I got little albums that will allow me to see both sides of the card at Joanns Fabrics for $1.00 each tonight.
Connie, I hope your sons' knee scope turned out OK. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  7:19:22 PM  Show Profile
im loving the idea of a photo album or 3 ring that i can personalize- i don't scrapbook so this might be my attempt!!! and i want to be able to see both sides of the card...and note that its the 2011 summer swap!!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

retasos2
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Pilar
Centereach NY
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  7:30:58 PM  Show Profile
Love the binder idea. Finally got my postcards tonight.

Pilar
Farmgirl Sister #2498
Little Hen House on the Island

" A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is, until she gets in hot water" Eleanore Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13635 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13635 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  7:32:14 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
The albums I am referring to are pictured in the pic I posted in my original post. And, I believe I got them at Joanns in the Phoenix area. Sounds like Joey probably got the same kind. The ones I got hold 30 cards, you can see both sides. I filled two of them up with last year's swap but I have one more . . . gonna need another one. I like their size because I can put them in my big keepsake boxes that I have my farmgirl correspondence, etc. in.

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13635 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13635 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  7:34:13 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Mary,
Is it possible for you to glue the photos onto cardstock to make them more like heavier postcards? You'd have to really glue 'em down so their edges were down. Just a thought . . :)
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  8:17:14 PM  Show Profile
Oh... decisions... decisions... Thanks for letting us know that those little albums are at JoAnn's, girls! I'm not sure which way I'm going to go. I like the idea of having a larger scrapbook-type display sitting on the coffee table to share with family and friends... And I really like the idea that I can just add more pages to it as these AWESOME swaps continue... On the other hand, that little flip book is really, really cute, and it'd be real easy to pop in my purse to take with me when getting together with the girls! We'll see... I suppose when the entire collection is here I'll know for sure what to do! ;) In the meantime, they sure look neat lining the frame of my mirror! :) - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

MaggieMB
True Blue Farmgirl

217 Posts

Mary
western Pa
217 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  8:55:33 PM  Show Profile
CJ, Thanks for the cardstock idea! I had thought along those lines, too. Not sure if I could do a good enough job to arrive intact...I'll at least know what NOT to do next year! LOL! Also, I can't decide between a small book or a three ring binder- both have advantages! Maggie MB
Go to Top of Page

Sweet_Tea
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

Tara
Newberry SC
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  05:37:58 AM  Show Profile
I got my postcards from the ups man last night.. I have them all filled out and they will go out today :)

Farmgirl Sister #2974
~ http://notsosweettea.blogspot.com/

"The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears"

Edited by - Sweet_Tea on Jun 02 2011 05:38:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

DeborahLee
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Deborah
Starkville Mississippi
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  05:42:23 AM  Show Profile
I received my first two cards....how exciting! Thanks Nini and CJ! I put the last of my cards in the mail yesterday. This is my first swap---I can see where these things can be habit forming!

Professor, librarian, writer and farmgirl!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  08:02:19 AM  Show Profile
Hey Farmgirls...thanks for the Joanne Fabrics tip on the little Photo Albums. I am heading there today to check
them out. The price is perfect! May pick up one to use as a Grandma brag book...as my new Grand-daughter was born
in the wee hours of the morning. Her name is Naomi Elise, she was born at 3:38 am June 2nd and weighed in at 9lbs 3 0z
and is 21 inches long. Now Miss Madeline is a big sister! And you will never guess where Grandmama is headed next
weekend. Yup, to Seattle to play with Madeline and to hold Miss Naomi and to spoil them both as only a Grandmama can!

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 02 2011 08:03:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  09:07:53 AM  Show Profile
OH! Congratulations, Peggy! That's wonderful news! I'm so excited for you all! :) Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  09:37:04 AM  Show Profile
Oh how exciting!! I'll bet you are just busting and the weekend can't get here soon enough. She's a big baby. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy and give her big hugs for us. Congradulations. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

pinokeeo
True Blue Farmgirl

559 Posts

Phyllis
Oregon
USA
559 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  8:07:35 PM  Show Profile
I received three cards so far. Thank you all. I'm getting more and more excited. I wish my cards were here, so I could send.

I cannot master those things that I have not tried.

check out my artfire: http://www.artfire.com/users/PiNOKEEOs
Go to Top of Page

MaggieMB
True Blue Farmgirl

217 Posts

Mary
western Pa
217 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  10:14:18 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, Congratulations on the new grandbaby! Have a wonderful weekend! MaggieMB
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  03:36:36 AM  Show Profile
peggy congratulations!!! i know the gramma feelings you have!!!!

found my cards yesterday-not the one i really wanted but its something local to where i live-and now the taskof getting them ready to mail!!!!!
such fun!!!!
oh! ann's card came yesterday too!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

retasos2
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Pilar
Centereach NY
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  05:06:32 AM  Show Profile
Got my card from Anne yesturday. Thanks for sharing your life with me. There is something so sentimental about all that you do. May God bless the work of your hands.

Pilar
Farmgirl Sister #2498
Little Hen House on the Island

" A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is, until she gets in hot water" Eleanore Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  06:04:03 AM  Show Profile
I received my first card yesterday! Thanks Ann! I'd love to visit the Algonquin Mill. I wish I had a place like that to volunteer at. The stamp on my card was pretty too. A flax flower. Kinda goes with the weaving theme!
I got all my cards addressed yesterday in the Hospital waiting room. Now to write on them. My son did fine. Time will tell if his knee is better. He and my granddaughter are staying with us the next few days till he can walk with out crutches. He can't drive for a week either. : ( I 'll be the transport to the university and day care next week. Thank goodness we are not in the middle of moving and the green beans are not in yet !
Congratulations Peggy! I love being a grandmother. You get double the pleasure now.
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  06:51:32 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Farmgirls for all The Grandma Congrats! Can't wait to get my hands on this new little bundle.
Madeline her three year old big sister said to her daddy yesterday, "Daddy I have to teach Naomi how
to dance!" I loved that!

Got my post card from Ann yesterday. It is so fun to get a small glimpse into everyone's local world!
I found small photo albums at Walgreens for $1.99...not totally clear on both sides...a white opague
insides but you can still read the back of the cards.

blessings to all my Farmgirls,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13635 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13635 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  07:03:39 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
YAY!!! Grammie! Just have fun with that sweet one! I'm envious!!!
How fun!!!
Congratulations to all!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  07:44:40 AM  Show Profile
Hey Farmgirls...I mailed out five postcards today (which I wrote out yesterday in one of my favorite coffee shops)
and I couldn't remember my Farmgirl # off the top of my head and was going to finish filling that in
when I got home. Did I? NO! So, if you get one not filled in...just remember that my brain was in babyland
all day yesterday...just itching to get to Seattle to get my hands on my new little bundle of love.
My Farmgirl number is on the bottoem of this post...so be a sweetie and just fill it in yourself for me.
Thanks girls and thanks for The Grandma Congrats! It is nice to have Sisters who rejoice with you!

Love, Hugs and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1502 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1502 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2011 :  5:47:28 PM  Show Profile
I mailed my cards out this morning. Thanks to CJ, Nini, Ann M and Robin for the beautiful postcards I've received this week. It's so fun to see pictures from other places and read the notes on them!

Congratulations on your new grandchild Peggy!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic POSTCARD SWAP-50 States/Vacation - we're done!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page