Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 POSTCARD SWAP-50 States/Vacation - we're done!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic POSTCARD SWAP-50 States/Vacation - we're done!! Next Topic
Page: of 16

KathleenL
True Blue Farmgirl

84 Posts

Kathleen
Littleton Colorado
USA
84 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  09:58:14 AM  Show Profile
Well, thanks ya'll but the perfectionist in me wouldn't let me mail out those cards. :-) The picture didn't come out that great anyhow. To fit on the card so much of the picture was cut out that the real beauty of the scene didn't come through. I'm impressed that CJ's photo was so beautiful!

I already bought new cards and have about ten of the addressed. I'm hoping to get them written in the next couple of days and start on some more.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  6:22:07 PM  Show Profile
i think it would have been fun to see if any of us noticed the incorrect spelling!!!!
do what ya feel is right!!!!!!!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  9:48:28 PM  Show Profile
I got all my postcards written, and I got the stamps to put on. I just have to address them and mail them out probably the beginning of next week. Haven't gotten any in a little while and am starting to feel juat a lil' un-loved. Always happily suprised when I actually get one. Will have mine out by next week. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1245 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1245 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  07:33:14 AM  Show Profile
This post card swap has been fun. One of our farmgirl friends that lives in Levelland sent me her card about a week ago. And I answered her with a question of did she know my husbands Aunt and Uncle that use to live in Levelland ( they have both past away in the last several years) and she sent me another different postcard saying that she knew them well and had shared supper with them and that she knows my husbands family very well. Small small world. Thanks Debbie for the post cards and writing back with such great info you made my day and my husbands. His aunt and uncle were great people. We miss them dearly. Thanks for all the other post cards that I have been receiving too. They are all great. I still feel like I am traveling everyday when the mail comes. Thanks everybody. Hugs

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Ralph Waldo Emerson

www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Sylvia
Wichita KS
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2011 :  8:22:21 PM  Show Profile
I got back form vacation and had two cards waiting for me-one from Margo in Leroy, Michigan and another from Debbie in Levelland TX. It turns out that Debbie drives through my town on her way to the lake. I am hoping maybe sometime when she is passing through we can meet.

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2011 :  2:49:38 PM  Show Profile
I got my postcards, but I won't be mailing them until after the Wild West trip!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I ask not for a larger garden, but for finer seeds.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2011 :  8:46:49 PM  Show Profile
Got my postcards this week while we were on vacation. We travelled around our home state and I pick up 10 postcards each place. This has been fun! I'm now addressing them and hopefully they will be out this week. I've loved all the postcards that I've gotten. Awesome!

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

www.youravon.com/rodonnacarson
Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Sylvia
Wichita KS
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2011 :  5:23:53 PM  Show Profile
I got a beautiful card of the Arizona state flag from Robin today. I love the colors in this flag!

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871
Go to Top of Page

amethyst
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

Amberly
Suwanee GA
USA
49 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  08:28:07 AM  Show Profile  Send amethyst an AOL message  Send amethyst a Yahoo! Message
I have been enjoying receiving all my postcards in the mail. This is so much better than bills and junk mail! I designed my postcard last week and, finally, hooked my printer up to my computer. I've been using my husband's printer since we moved (2/28!!). I hope to be able to start printing them and sending them soon.

Farmgirl Sister #2581
http://ubiquitousamethyst.blogspot.com/
http://bacchusstone.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  6:14:07 PM  Show Profile
finally stopped for stamps, mailing out half of mine tomorrow
Go to Top of Page

Ohioann
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Ann
Minerva OH
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  12:14:27 PM  Show Profile
I got back from a week at Midwest Weaving Conference in the Northern Penninsula of Michigan and found SIX cards waiting for me!! Thanks to Sylvia, Holly, Sherry, Kathy, Pilar and Debbie! Enjoying seeing everyones pictures. Ann

Farmgirl 3129 Retired and busier than ever in East Central Ohio
Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Sylvia
Wichita KS
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  8:16:57 PM  Show Profile
Got a really neat card today from Pam in Phoenix AZ today. I love that big full moon with the cactus blooms.

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871
Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Sylvia
Wichita KS
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2011 :  12:52:03 PM  Show Profile
Jackpot! I got 3 cards today from Joey in Florida, Kathy in Colorado, and PeggyAnn in Washington State. All beautiful cardsa and nice notes on each. Thanks ladies!

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871
Go to Top of Page

Raine
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

Raine
Grantsburg WI
USA
61 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2011 :  6:26:59 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for all the postcards I have been receiving. Every couple days I get one, adds a little happiness to the mail. I will be mailing out some more soon.

Go be a blessing to someone!

Farmgirl #3035
www.twogirlsandagarden.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1502 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1502 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2011 :  7:10:58 PM  Show Profile
I hit the jackpots too - three cards yesterday and three more today! Thanks Kathy in Colorado, Margo in Michigan, Kathy in California, Pam in Arizona, Holly in Vermont, and Pilar in New York. Love them all!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  2:18:15 PM  Show Profile
It is so interesting at what rate the postcards travel through the mail system. I mailed mine all on the same day and they seem to have taken very few days in some cases and very many days in others and it matters not how far away it was traveling.

I am really enjoying receiving the cards and my family is as well.

hugs to you all.

Holly

Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Pam

USA
502 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2011 :  6:04:19 PM  Show Profile  Send coaloha an AOL message
Hello Farmgirl Sisters,

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the beautiful post cards! I have sat down with everyone of them to examine the pictures, to consider the things that you all have written, and to try to imagine what your lives must be like in those beautiful places. And don't you think that every place is beautiful, in it's own way? Thanks to all of you for sharing a bit of your lives with me.

By the way, it really is hot enough in Phoenix right now to fry eggs on the sidewalk...we hit 118 degrees today! But I must be getting used to the heat after 6 summers here because I was able to do a little gardening this morning and have stayed cool inside this afternoon (thank goodness for air conditioning!) Summer monsoon season has arrived and yesterday afternoon we got our first bit of rain in months. It was a welcome, refreshing gift from the sky.

Happy July 4th to all...

Pam

Pam Barnes-Palty
Phoenix, AZ
Farmgirl #1075

Be distracted by joy
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2011 :  11:53:41 AM  Show Profile
I love, love, love all the postcards! I also like the funy look the postman gives me when a couple come in one day!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sidavis
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

Susan
Vero Beach Fl
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2011 :  1:37:33 PM  Show Profile
Hey all, Thank you to the Farm girls that have sent their post cards. Such a wonderful variety! And thank you to the one's that wrote messages. So far I have received 24 postcards. I sent out 47 at full postage (my cards were over sized) so hope I get all 47 back. I love all the different parts of the country represented. And, I love the look on my friends faces when they see all the cards displayed! They think I am one popular person. Thank you all again and waiting for more.

OK, I'm ready-Let's go.
Go to Top of Page

KathleenL
True Blue Farmgirl

84 Posts

Kathleen
Littleton Colorado
USA
84 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2011 :  10:24:49 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all that have sent post cards. It's so fun to go to the mailbox and have a special treat inside. One of my daughters said she needs to sign up for something like this so she can get some fun mail.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2011 :  1:19:11 PM  Show Profile
Hey...it seems like the post cards should be coming faster and more...the closer we get to the close of this swap
but I have noticed that they have really slowed down. I don't have all of mine out as I do 4-6 each time I sit down
to write them out. But I only have a page and a half to go of the five pages of addresses. So, I think I'm on target
to get mine all out by the end of the month.

Anyway the last one I got was from Pam Barnes in Arizona. Thanks Pam!

blessings,

peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be happy, to be passionate, to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

retasos2
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Pilar
Centereach NY
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2011 :  1:29:09 PM  Show Profile
Got cards from Peggyann (WA), Linda (ND) and Kathy (CO). Thank you ladies, you made my day. what fun to read all about you lives.

Pilar
Farmgirl Sister #2498
Little Hen House on the Island

" A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is, until she gets in hot water" Eleanore Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

MaggieMB
True Blue Farmgirl

217 Posts

Mary
western Pa
217 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2011 :  6:36:51 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, everyone for all the great cards that I have gotten so far! I decided that I wanted to mail all of mine at once, and have been working on them. FINALLY have them all done and ready to mail! They should go out in tomorrow's mail. :-) MaggieMB
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2011 :  7:09:11 PM  Show Profile
Just when I mention that the cards are slowing down...I got two in the Mail today!lol
One from Kathy in Colorado and one from Linda in North Dakota. Lovely cards farmgirls,thank you!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be happy, to be passionate, to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 08 2011 5:01:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

DeborahLee
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Deborah
Starkville Mississippi
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  2:06:38 PM  Show Profile
This was my first swap and I have loved it! My postcards went out within the first week of the swap---so everyone should have mine now, even with holiday delays. If for some reason you didn't get one from me, let me know (all are scenes from Mississippi!)

Deborah

Professor, librarian, writer and farmgirl!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic POSTCARD SWAP-50 States/Vacation - we're done!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page