paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  07:08:01 AM  Show Profile
Mmmm....too many. I think my three favorites would be a fresh from the garden veggie dinner, complete with a skillet of cornbread; and the other two aren't very healthy, but mouth-watering - fried chicken, corn fritters and candied sweet potatoes or julie chicken, mac and cheese (homemade, of course), english peas and applesauce. Oh, Mercy. I'm starving now. But at least I have my menu for the week started!!!!!!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  1:28:23 PM  Show Profile
Barbecue ribs , baked beans and potato salad, or macoroni and cheese! Chicken and sausage gumbo!
Prime rib with au jus and horseradish W/ mashed potatoes and fresh baked bread! Cheesecake for dessert! Strawberries or blueberries for topping!!

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

HookAngel
True Blue Farmgirl

253 Posts

Bren
CA
USA
253 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  8:15:10 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Husband's favorite meal....meatloaf, fresh crowder peas, fried okra, baked potato, sliced tomatoes, cukes, and onions....with a big cast iron skillet full of cornbread.

Okay,Cheryl.... now I know I was meant to be adopted by your family...lol. My grandmommy used to make a dinner like that but it usually included sliced melon too... yum yum!

A favorite around here is homemade tacos and chile rellanos... my family can demolish an entire cookie sheet full of tacos,,, that is about 3 dozen!!

My youngest lil one and I LOVE a homemade pot of soup... anykind and warm crusty fresh bread to dip in it! Oh and add a asian salad, of lettuce, mandarin orange slices, chow mein noodles, grated carrot and red onion with sesame dressing and we are happy campers!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Favorite Meals! :) Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page