batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2011 :  10:02:27 AM  Show Profile
thank you Madeline for the sweet words...I think some people..ie friends, co-workers ect sometimes are afraid to say anything or unsure of what to say to you about your family member being in a war zone...I know some might feel they will just make you worry more, they don't realize that their asking is actually good for you because it lets you talk about it. Plus to some it is the no-no area like talking religion or politics. I too, get people who aren't someone I know that may over hear me & come to me & say tell my husband thank you....i think they realize they don't have anything to fear as its not something they are dealing with & they are more open to say something. i also think friends who don't say anything are afraid that part of your life with somehow come into theirs & since they can't handle that they say nothing. Then there are the ones who feel its wrong that our soldiers are even over there but would never tell you this to your face. Very few people know whats going on with my husband since I prefer it that way for those near me but of coarse the whole family knows & bestest friends. They very seldom ask how Thomas is but always ask how I am doing or if I have heard from him, if I say no I haven't heard from them they are smart enough to drop it & go on with something else...but they have been thur this with me before when he was in Iraq so they know how to deal with me. Its hard if your family isn't there to support you but like friends I think they are sometimes afraid of making you hurt more by asking.....Or I could be wrong, Its hard to say but I feel better thinking this way than thinking they are just heartless & don't care. Everyone have a great day...Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

rosarita78
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Reina
Drought ridden High Plains New Mexico
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2011 :  06:00:34 AM  Show Profile
My husband is currently active duty. And I appreciate you wanting to lend a listening ear. Have you thought about volunteering with the unit? There are so many young and unexperienced spouses that could use a sweet woman like you. as a fellow farmgirl I'm proud to know that you want to help. I already can see you have a big heart. And thank you for caring about us. I wish the best and I will keep you and your husband in my prayers.

I am very lucky and my husband is home now. I do my best around post to do what I can for my local families. It takes a lot of work but i have two small children and stay home so this allows to me do something that's "adult". There are so many who really struggle with just everyday life. Again thanks for caring and loving.

Reina

http://reinascountrykitchen.blogspot.com
http://icookinnewmexico.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2011 :  12:14:26 PM  Show Profile
hello
Reina, good to hear from you & am very happy your hubby is home & safe back with you. Its funny you should ask about the volunteering, I have tried but with his Reserve unit they are all over the NE...including NY, Conn, NH & they don't need me I guess...I am hoping there is enough out there to help our Units family now that our soldiers have been activated so no one is left out. I do know it is so much harder for the wives with small children or pregnant, not only are you trying to deal with your emotions & everyday life, bills & jobs but you have small children who just don't understand why daddy is gone & why you are so sad or upset at times which of course makes them act out......i went thur that with my boy who is now 33 yrs old back when he was little, & I will tell you there were days when just getting my feet to hit the floor from the bed was so hard....Even though its years pass I still have those days but now with animals I have to get up, the guilt of them being hungry or needing water is more than the thoughts of staying in bed. Plus being older now it is still awful but I tend to handle the emotions better plus I learned never to watch or listen to the news ever while he is gone. I live in a town of 8000 so we actually do have a small paper but its never as graphic as the big city papers so I get mild doses of whats going on...it sure has been a blessing to my mental health staying away from all the news. I know I will never meet you all but I do want anyone who reads this to know I DO care & I am always here to listen & if it ever gets so bad you can email me with your phone number & I will call & listen & try to help get you back on your feet emotionally or just let you cry if thats what you need. Remember that you are important in all of this too & the soldier has tons of support where ever he is but if you need xtra support just let me know....Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2011 :  3:31:02 PM  Show Profile
Just a note to say hello to everyone...I really thought I was doing well with all of this this time around...he is still in Texas for another week before heading out so that is good...we haven't really gotten to talk to each other much but can leave phone messages so I at least hear his voice. I have been going thur the change since 2004 & each year it seems to get tougher ...I am more tired, less energy & not wanting to go anywhere or see anyone. This is going to sound really bad but I just realized today I have not taken a shower in weeks! I saw my reflection on the storm door as I came back from getting my mail & I look like a crazed Mountain woman with my hair all directions & dirty. I am in the same clothes I have worn for a week...I even sleep in them....I have a sink full of dishes, dust bunnies are taken over the livingroom & the litter box needs to be changed.....so ladies I guess right now I am a mess....3 days ago I actually ate scrambled eggs but since then I have lived on coffee, cigarettes & a piece of raisin bread here & there when I remember to eat or think I should eat something. I am not asking for pity or anything I just want you to see that even me who has been thur this before has weeks/months where it all seems too much...I know I will get out of this I always do & now that the weather has gotten better & I can get outside & get some sun it will help me. so when times happen to you like they are happening to me right now just remember you are not alone & that you too will get thur it......Much love to you all....Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

rosarita78
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Reina
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2011 :  3:52:54 PM  Show Profile
Michele, It's okay to feel down in the dumps, there's nothing wrong with that. But I think maybe you need to seek out a friend, a pastor, a shopping spree and GET OUTTA THE HOUSE! I did the same thing (and I wasn't going through the change, that's just a bad deal). But there were days that I just survived. I am so sorry but this really does sound like depression. So go take a shower and make a date with friend or something. And you know it's perfectly okay to feel this way, but maybe you need to seek a doctors advice. I know most military wives are on anti-depressants. But I really should have been during deployment. My heart goes out to you and if I lived near you I would go get you, hug your neck and get you outta the house. There's nothing wrong with venting and talking about what's bothering you or how you feel.I am here for you and I'm sure all of us farmsisters would understand. And atleast take a shower, it might make all the difference in the world, get out of the house. Stay busy. Surely there's something to do or someplace to be. I'm here if you want to vent!!!

Reina

Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2011 :  6:11:09 PM  Show Profile
thank you Reina for the message...yeah I know what is going on with me...thank goodness I can see it...I am bi-polar & have been on meds most of my life...I take zoloft to keep me from getting super depressed so I am just at a low moment right now & wanted to share that even us tough ones have our moments when its too hard to eat or do anything else. Thank goodness I do have animals to care for..one is a crippled hen who needs me to help her all thur the day so I am at least taking care of my kids....please don't worry I will get out of this eventually....I do not want any of you to think I have gone off the deep end as I haven't & I would see it if I start heading that way...but you are right I need to go fill the bathtub up with some nice bath smelling stuff & climb in...my problem is my energy level is so low that with the PMS I am having its just too much to much of anything.....It will get better as it always does...but thank you for the words.....Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

rosarita78
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Reina
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2011 :  6:19:50 PM  Show Profile
oh good, I am worried. But yes I feel that way too. There are some times that I just survive the day. I think that's okay when you deal with a high stress situation all time. And for you it's not high stress there's health factors as well. Michele, I hope you feel better and you are not alone in your feelings.

I think for me my worst part of it all was when I wasn't the dedicated and funciton mom I should have been. We could have eaten better, learned something or not watched so much tv. On "those days" we just made it through. I learned so much and really I'm pretty traumatized because I did deployment and terrible two's at the same time. And I mean terrible, send 'em back, horrible, I'm surprised we made it two's. I dont' ever want to do that again. I do think the next time I will go get some meds. I'm not one who's into taking a lot of medication but I think it would be best for everyone else if I was medicated, lol I know that sounds terrible.

It's good that you do have animals. I miss that so much. At least you are caring for something, anything. That is wonderful and I'm sure helps a lot. I hope you get to feeling better and please don't think I'm judging you or anything. I was only trying to help. You have already shown what an awesome and caring woman you are. Don't forget that.

Reina

Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2011 :  11:12:41 PM  Show Profile
Oh Reina having small children is so hard when they get deployed...& the ages 2 & 3 seem to be the worse for the temper tantrams, fits, being bossy ect that I am surprised any mother or dad for that matter makes it thur on just a normal day.....I am thankful I am on zoloft, I have been since 1997 when they finally figured out what was wrong with me at the age of 37!.....Before that they had me on meds that I was allergic to & had some freaky experiences that now a days would have scared the crap out of me....but back then was so messed up I couldn't see it. its funny I wrote this earlier & then about 2 hoiurs after it my 33 yr old son called me to tell me he had bought a mobile home & I was so thrilled by it. See he is bi-polar & won't take any meds so trying to get him to do anything that is good for him is near impossible. It needs some floors replaced but they are working on that when he is not at work so my boy who I worry about all the time now has a home no one can take away from him...& he only pays $195 a month for the lot fee in the park so I am super happy for him. Honey I do not think you are judging me at all it just shows you are kind enough to write to someone who you don't know & say hey I understand....yes my animals keep me sane & focused most of the time....I am glad that though I am being pissy with myself all my animals are getting the same good care they always get from me....they are so important & they can't make it on their own without me...plus I have 2 new baby chicks I have to check on off & on during the days as well as care for Willow the crippled hen. You are a big help to me because I am in hiding so you are the only ones that know I am going thur this.....My little sister would be worried sick so why tell them when I know I will get thur it or I would get the lecture...you need to eat....you need to do this or that & right now I am not able to do what everyone wants me to do....so I would be lying when I tell them I will do as they say.....for now I just do what I can or feel like & let the rest go until I am mentally able to handle it.....I do have a load of wash I hope will be nice enough to hang outside tomorrow...:) I will keep you all up to date on what I am up to but please remember I am here also for you...just because I am having a down moment doesn't mean I can't listen to you.....much love to you all....Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2011 :  5:45:25 PM  Show Profile
just a note to let you all know I actually steam cleaned the diningroom today....yeah for me & it made me so hungry & wolfed down 1/2 a steak & cheese sub for supper.....I think just having a place to vent a bit helped get me moving...either that or I was just tired of looking at the dirty floor...lol...So I am taking baby steps but I think the worse is over for the moment but I have you to thank, whether you replied or not, just having a safe place to go & vent really helped me.....maybe tomorrow I can get the laundry hung out....I hope it stays nice like it was today...that surely helped my mood as well....Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

traildancer
True Blue Farmgirl

485 Posts

Loyce
Glide OR
USA
485 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  1:22:02 PM  Show Profile
My son graduated from Navy Basic Training on Friday! His girlfriend and I were able to go back to Chicago and attend the ceremony. He has also been accepted into pre/BUDs, the SEAL prep class. Woo-hoo! Because he is Special Forces he was given full liberty which means that he could stay out all night with just a phone check-in. We went to the Sears Tower which, apparently is now the Willis Tower, and went up to the Skydeck. Wow, what a view. We got some nice photos. It was nice to see him. And he seems to be fitting in very well and thriving. He showed us how to properly fold his uniform. This from a boy who left all his clothes either in the laundry basket or piled on the floor with no way of telling which were clean and which were dirty. Very gratifying to see him maturing.

The trail is the thing.... Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  3:26:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi Loyce & Congrats on your sons graduation :) LOL, about the how to properly fold his uniform, been there done that with my son but get this when he graduated from Basic & he got leave, we sat in a hotel room polishing boots & shoes :0 This coming from a boy who's room looked like a bomb exploded & lord forbid something alive could of jumped out of the closet :) Got to LOVE them ;)

Blessings
Go to Top of Page

LeighErica
True Blue Farmgirl

306 Posts

Erica
PA
USA
306 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  7:52:02 PM  Show Profile
Dear Michele, I just read all your posts about how hard it has been and I want you to know I will pray for you. It is tough being alone...and I hope as time goes by, you will be able to pull feel good again. When my hubby leaves, I have a few days like that...I call it my "mourning period"...and then I get my act together and get back to living. There are a few little acts I do just to keep myself going. One, I rearrange and clean like crazy and recreate an enviroment that is "mine". Basically, I see it as this...he is gone for awhile, and the way things are just reminds me too much of our life together..so I recreate my space for me to function in. It feels good to have it all clean and the new arrangement rejuvinates me alot. I do rearrange my bedroom and pull out my frilly/pretty bedcovers and sheets to make the room mine as well. Also, I do not watch the news, it depresses me, ecspcially if it is about the location to where he is deployed. And I have learned, the hard way, that I cannot focus on the full 365 days apart...so I take each day as it comes, and if that is too much, then sometimes it is hour by hour, minute by minute even second by second. Be good to yourself...take care of yourself and get out to be around other people...it will make you feel better too. I hope I don't sound preachy....but I am concerned about you. If you ever need anything, no matter how far away we are, we can always help or listen.....thinking of you and praying for comfort. Big Farmgirl Hugs, Erica
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  05:53:30 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Erica, to all of you that have been concerned do NOT ever think you are being preachy....good advise is good advise & when someone is down they need that from others....I want you all to know I am out of my funk.....I actually bathed!...yeap no more stinky me...I had to go into another town to do things so got out & actually talked to others & went to see my neighbor girl. I think it is funny I started this for others & I was the one who needed the help right off the bat....I love the idea of changing the bedroom....I too, do the put his things like shoes & coats away that are out...cause its too hard to look at...but his hiking boots & leather jacket are out cause I use them....the hiking boots I put on to tend to the chickens as they are big & can handle my bulky socks....the leather jacket cause I love the smell of the leather....I have a hanging rack in the laundry room that is full of his clothes I plan to put in the closet & bring out my warm weather clothes to hang there....its funny but I find stuff of his in the oddest places...right next to the washer is a small table & I guess he would empty his pockets of his uniforms there cause I have a dog tag, military tool ect there I found....funny how you don't notice this stuff when they are here but then.....
Anyway thank you hens for all your prayers, kind words & checking up on me....I love you all for that....Just remember I too am here for you as well.
Loyce congrats on the sons graduation. they grow so fast...one day they are little messy boys who make you want to pull out your hair & then they are all grown up & you hope that you did the right thing by them. My son is 33 & he just bought a mobile home so I can quit worrying about where he will live. He says it needs work on it but I am so thankful he finally figured out that he needed a place where no one could kick him out...ie apartment. It took a long time for him to grow up but I couldn't be prouder of him....Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

LeighErica
True Blue Farmgirl

306 Posts

Erica
PA
USA
306 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  08:24:09 AM  Show Profile
Glad to hear things are looking up Michele. Thanks for being understanding...sometimes I question myself after I write a response in fear that I have hurt someone's feelings. But, with 18+ years of experience under me being a military wife, I hope I have something to offer other spouses through friendship and comfort and care. And, even though I have it in me...some days/weeks I struggle too. I feel like I am warding off an emotional breakdown right now actually....CST training is coming up in a few weeks...that means a month apart and few other trainings kicked in before the actual deployment. So much is happening and many changes for us....I have it in me to make it...I am just sick of it all too. So, I am going away today...have to hit the post office and do some shopping....just need to think about something other than this. I know you get what I am saying...hope you have a good day today. Hugs, Erica
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  11:12:00 AM  Show Profile
glad to hear you are getting out for the day Erica...yeah I have I guess about 27 yrs experience with the being a Army wife....it sure doesn't get any easier some days. Yes I went thur the training bit with Thomas in January so it was like hit & miss of when he would be home. I too, understand the getting 'sick' of it all....there are days that I just can't take anymore of anything. I am glad though I got thur this last bad one & am now better...even went to H&R block to do the taxes today.....usually that is done as soon as the W-2's are in but with all the stuff going on am finally getting it taken care of...I even did something of a good deed today...I was in a shop getting coffee & a older woman who had just finished her lunch was getting a homemade brownie in the pastry area so I paid it while they were giving it to her...don't know her but she was so sweet & I just felt I had to do it for her.That really brightened my day to see her smile....Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  3:18:27 PM  Show Profile
Finally got to talk to Thomas yesterday instead of phone tag/messages. He will be leaving out next tuesday or Wednesday, was nice to hear his voice & chat. he is doing good but ready to get on with it, which I can understand. I am doing good as well, been sewing which is always nice & caring for the chickens. we had snow on April Fool's day but thank goodness it melted so I can see the ground again. I have my seeds already to start planting once the ground warms up, am looking forward to the fresh beefsteak tomatoes this year....Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  6:49:30 PM  Show Profile
Just a note to let ya all know Thomas flies out of Texas tomorrow to head to Afghanistan. The sunday chat with him was so nice & I was glad to get to hear his voice...so now it beginning & the countdown begins as well for him to return. My little sister (age 51 lol) has been calling me about every 3 days not to ask about Thomas but I think she understands that this is hard for me to go thur again & is just being there for me...we talk & laugh & its so nice to have her do this without me having to make the 1st step. I am so blessed to have her as a sister...Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  8:56:33 PM  Show Profile
Hello hens, just checking in to let everyone know things here are fine...I hope all of you are also doing good at the moment...we have had 3 days of rain so I am missing being in the yard...had started raking leaves....funny we have no leaf dropping trees in our yard but I sure get a lot to rake up each year from the neighbors & the forest...lol.....haven't heard from Thomas but I am sure he is alright...they are probably still trying to adjust body wise to the big change...but no news is good news to me....have a great week everyone...Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2011 :  06:00:02 AM  Show Profile
Good morning my fellow military wives! I am so glad we can support each other through this forum. Update on my DD-her DH is really not himself. They have been talking on the phone and e-mailing the last couple of weeks. He says he is really sorry for what he has done to her and wants to have her come down for a few days. She is flying to SC on May 6th. I am so worried. He sounds like he is going through a nervous breakdown. She is really torn between staying in WI or moving back to SC. She wants her marriage to work, but is worried about him and how he is acting. Go through all the re-moving back and waiting for the next next heart break. After the initial shock and hurt, she seems to be really feeling like her true self again. Well, I got to go take a shower and get ready to head to the base to update my military ID! No matter what you do to look good, the ID photo always looks terrible!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2011 :  7:37:20 PM  Show Profile
It is good to hear from you again Diana...I am glad to see that your Daug & son-in-law are talking & that she is flying down to see him...I know this is so hard on you but its a big step forward for him...I think he has a bad case of PTSS...we can never fully understand what they go thur over in another country, the fear of getting shot or blown up....the being on mental guard 24/7, never knowing when you leave one area for another who might meet you on the way....Like any nightmare his has not ended just because he came home...asked Vietnam soldiers who still can't get their minds right....i know Thomas came home from Iraq different...for a low key guy he was always mad & it hadn't gotten any better before he left this time....so I can't wait to see what comes home to me this time....I just hope your daug still understands this isn't about her per say...she did nothing wrong but he had no one else to lash out to so she got it....its so sad the ugliness he saw over there came home with him & he had to pass it on to your daug.....I honestly feel he never meant to hurt her as he did...he just has so much bottled up from being over there that it came out in an attack on her...he needed to fight but didn't know how to stop all the ugly things he said to her......even though it sounds like he is still trying to work things out he has a ways to go but maybe this visit with your daug so he can talk & maybe explain some of the things going on in his head will be a help to both of them. I can say thought that every military personal I have met thur the years who had to go to war never ever came back the same....some drank or did drugs to cope with it, others wondered or became homeless & I have known a few that ended their lives because they couldn't go thur another night with their eyes closed. We will never get or see or understand what this did to them, all we can do is try to be there even when things are really bad to let them know we still love them & aren't giving up on them.....Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  12:02:00 PM  Show Profile
I am sorry for not writing earlier its been one of those months....had a dog get into the chicken run & kill 5 of my girls...needless to say coming home after a nice visit with a friend was ended when i saw that....also been battling a limp node infection but am now doing much better.....good news is Thomas gets to come home for 2 weeks the beginning of July so that will be real nice...I am flying us to Vegas to see his folks & my little sis in AZ is driving down there to spend a few days as well....so that will be really really good for me.....ok now that you know how I am how is everyone else doing?

Diana...how is your daughter? Are they able to work on things now?
Erica & Reina what is going on with you?

drop me a note here ladies/hens so I know you all are alright...Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

rosarita78
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Reina
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  1:39:53 PM  Show Profile
Hello Michele,
I was just wondering about you and all the other hens too. Life is busy here in Kansas. And it's HOT outside. I'm the fRG leader so I've been working on pre-deployment stuff.... my turn! But other than that it's been great. I'm glad your R&R is coming and I hope you enjoy it. You've made it this far!!!!! How much longer? Enjoy your vacation!

I'm anxious to hear from the other hens as well, I hope all is well!

Reina

Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  2:27:56 PM  Show Profile
thank you Reina...he is set to come home for good in April 2012 so its still a long haul but the R&R will be so nice....have a great day sweetie...Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

Mariebelle
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Marie
Clarkston WA
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  12:06:56 PM  Show Profile
Michele-
My husband is a retired Marine. He now works for the Army Corps of Engineers and he VOLUNTEERED to go to Afghanastan last year. He went for 6months, he is on the list to go again. It's in his blood, especially for the career guys. You should have seen him, after being out for 11yrs- with his camis and boots, he was like a little boy going to camp!! He just loves being with other military men. He believes if he is still healthy enough he should be doing his part- i support him and all the military in their unselfish service for the rest of us.
Most people don't understand that i could let him go, now that he is retired. It's something you just can't explain and only military wives understand.
We've been married 26yrs this month have two kids, our oldest son (20yrs old) was born in Okinawa, JP our daughter was born on Camp Lejune, NC. He retired in 2000 and we moved to WA state where his family is. Our daughter just graduated high school. - Now what do we do???

I do work outside the home 3 days a week, but anytime you need to chat or vent or cry you just go ahead and do so- i will cry along with you and pray- it's all we can do.

Born in the wrong era...
Marie
Go to Top of Page

woolgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

901 Posts

Elizabeth
Great Lakes IL
USA
901 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  1:23:19 PM  Show Profile
We just came from Camp Lejeune Marie! 6 years there. My husband is itching to get back to an infantry unit. Like you said, it is in their blood!

Liz
Farmgirl #1947
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic any Military wife/hens Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page