smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - May 21 2011 :  7:16:22 PM  Show Profile
What do you all think of the uproar about today being the end of the world and nothing happening? It says no man knows the day or the hour
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - May 21 2011 :  8:00:45 PM  Show Profile
You're right, Lea - not even Jesus knew the day or the hour. I think that if Jesus knew, He would've told us He knew; and if we were supposed to know, He would've told us. We shouldn't be worried about when or how... it could be ANY time. We should be prepared, making sure our oil lamps are full. We need to simply live as He wants us to live, and share the Gospel to help others see the light and guide them back into the fold. All this hysteria is just that: hysteria. All I could think about was what some of those people might have told their children, and how they must've been frightened and confused by all of this. Their "warnings" sure didn't seem loving and comforting to me, you know? Ugh. And I think it was CNN that reported this morning that these people were preaching that if you weren't raptured today, then you aren't saved but rather doomed. Good Lord, what a horrible message! Can you imagine how their children are feeling right now? I wonder what they're saying now - how they're explaining it. We really must pray for them.

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Edited by - Ninibini on May 21 2011 8:02:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - May 21 2011 :  8:22:01 PM  Show Profile
Hi Lea! There are so many thoughts I have about what happened...or didn't happen today. Firstly, the Word talks about others coming & saying they are the christ and this & that will be happening. I feel that if we don't have a relationship with the Lord...one to one, then we listen to others, who (may or may not have good intentions),get people off the path. Many follow the man...not the Lord. We must pray to stay with Him...as it says in the Lord's prayer...give us this day our daily bread. I've always believed that the bread..is not only physical sustenance, but spiritual. Scripture says, that man shall not live on bread alone, but every Word that proceeds out of the mouth of the Lord. We must have this daily bread to survive. There have always been those who thought they had the answers...such as Jonestown Massacre etc.. I wonder about these followers' souls, their embarrassment and if they will turn to the Lord or if they will turn away. I wonder about this old man Camping. Will he repent? Will it be a turning point for him? And those who scoff, the atheist parties, those maybe wanting to believe the truth only to now see deceit. Scripture tells us to be ready, as has been said, but what this event told me is that there are many who need the true Lord, and it is our privilege to pray for them. We don't want to comt to the time of the true Rapture, and know that we have not done our part to assist in the salvation of souls.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl & Sister #870 ~
"It compliments God to ask great things of Him." ~ St. Theresa of Avila

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - May 21 2011 :  10:04:42 PM  Show Profile
Amen, Claudia! Amen!

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9329 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9329 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  09:11:20 AM  Show Profile
thanks for starting this thread Claudia. :)
As for this past Saturday, I believe we need to pray for those who were fooled into following Mr. Camping. God's word does say that no man knows the hour not even Jesus. I believe that his followers need to repent and turn away from seeking for answers from men. If God did not tell us then it is not necessary for us to know. He does tell us the signs that will happen before that.
But I believe that is because he wants us to be prepared and to spend our time telling others of Him. He does not want anyone to perish. Praying has got to be one of the most important things we are called to do.

farmgirl sister#43

O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9329 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9329 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  09:18:11 AM  Show Profile
I'd also like to share this verse today.
Psalm 91:1
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

This verse is the first in a chapter that my husband had our family memorize some years ago.
To me it says that if I spend my time with the Lord as He desires then He will reveal to me those things that are needful for me to know in this life. I believe most people make Christianity harder than it is. God's will for each of us is obedience to Him.
thanks for the opportunity to share.

farmgirl sister#43

O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  4:58:44 PM  Show Profile
Denise I heard a dj on the Christian radio station say Sun when they were taking shelter from the tornado he was guilty of wondering if that guy was off a day on his prediction :)
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  7:28:42 PM  Show Profile
Just now found this thread, and what a great idea!

Recently, I was journaling in Beth Moore's "Whispers of Hope". I am on Day 49, and the reading is from Job. "After Job had prayed for his friends, the Lord made him prosperous again, and gave him twice as much as he had before." Job 42:10. It struck me how true it is when we look outward, and focus on the needs of others, God will reward us. But we must not do it for the reward....we must do it in honest concern for others. It is then we are blessed.

God began mending Job's heart through prayer. Job prayed. God healed. Amen!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  8:27:25 PM  Show Profile
Amen! And Amen! That is just so true, Jeannie. SO true! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  2:48:20 PM  Show Profile
I have always appreciated these verses, as I sometimes FEEL that I am on the board game of life. Someone is "flicking the spinner that sends me 2 steps forward, and then 1 step back. Paul had those same happenings, but we must BELIEVE that God holds us in the palm of His hand, and nothing deadly will hurt us, & NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING will snatch us from Him. Instead of feelings, we must rely on God's free gift of faith. Here are the scriptures for me...and maybe you today:
2 Corin 4:7-9
"v.7 But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed."
In the midst of our troubles or a boardgame, let us remember the other scripture that is so magnificent... Romans 8:28... "God causes all things to work together for our good, for those who love God....."

Go to Top of Page

TansyShy
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Joanna
Wasilla AK
USA
100 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  09:29:00 AM  Show Profile  Send TansyShy an AOL message  Click to see TansyShy's MSN Messenger address  Send TansyShy a Yahoo! Message
Here is my favorite! I thought I would share it.

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love and in purity.

1 Timothy 4:12

Farm girl Sister #907

http://joannasmusings.blogspot.com/

Crayola skies for a thousand miles.
~Charmed Life~
Uptown Girls Soundtrack
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  6:24:09 PM  Show Profile
Jeannie,
Can you still get that book Whispers of HOpe by Beth Moore? I have heard about it in several conversations of late. Love this thread. Love the verses shared.

Blessings
TAmmy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  7:01:56 PM  Show Profile
I had an 8 mo. prayer request answered today so my verse for the day is "My God shall supply all your needs, according to His riches in Christ Jesus"
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  11:27:44 AM  Show Profile
Lea, I am so happy for you. Eight months may seem like a very long time to trust and be patient. Good for you and the gift of faith.

My verse for today is Isaiah 54:13
"13 All your children will be taught by the LORD,
and great will be their peace. "

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  2:14:50 PM  Show Profile
Lea, what a blessing. Praising the Lord with you.

blessings
TAmmy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  3:28:55 PM  Show Profile
The Lord be praised for all prayers answered!!!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  04:37:05 AM  Show Profile
My verse for the day is really two verses-Phil 4:6-7 " Be anxious for NOTHING but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving,let your request be made known to God:and the peace of God,which surpasses all understanding,will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  07:21:39 AM  Show Profile
Amen, Lea! And I'm so happy your prayer was answered, too! :)

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  12:06:08 PM  Show Profile
Ahhh, Lea! The often missed point of this verse is "WITH THANKSGIVING!" Many people pray, try not to be anxious, and supplicate, but .... it is the thanksgiving part! To me that is the key. We are often thankful for all the good things we see, but we must also be thankful for the opportunity to pray and supplicate for our request. Boy, I have not achieved that yet...not in the hard times. That is when we find peace in the midst of the storm...THANKFULNESS.

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2011 :  07:29:29 AM  Show Profile
Claudia, I so agree. Each time I pray I try to also give thanks for the blessings that HAVE been bestowed, and recognize them and be grateful. Also, as you said, to be thankful for the opportunity to have a relationship of prayer with the Lord is such a gift.

I started a bible study this week, an intense one, on Ephesians 5 and 6. So my verse for today is Ephesians 5:15-16 (NASB)....Therefore, be careful how you walk, not as unwise men, but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil."

Farmgirl Sister # 31

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2011 :  9:08:43 PM  Show Profile
Jeannie...that is so good. Where did you start the bible study? it sounds interesting. We had one going on here. but I think people may have forgotten or just became disinterested. I once heard that God allowed man the privilege of sharing in His miraculous work by our prayers. Your verse is so true as we may walk off the path or miss the opportunity. We must be alert. Thanks for sharing. looking forward to more things you have learned. BTW, do you live anywhere near Tampa? My daughter and family are moving there in a couple of weeks. With us living in WA state, I am already missing her horribly.

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2011 :  08:17:36 AM  Show Profile
Claudia I have never heard that before but I love it "the privalege of shaing in His miraculous work by our prayers" What a thought to dwell on. Isnt that awesome?
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2011 :  1:28:06 PM  Show Profile
Lea, I'm not sure if we would see God move more in our midst, but miracles lessened the further away from when Jesus & His disciples lived. Maybe people forgot to pray as they once did. Regardless, it would be a wonderful thing for us to trust that God could once more move in our midst, wouldn't it?

Edited by - buffypuff on Jun 14 2011 1:28:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2011 :  7:55:31 PM  Show Profile
Do you think there are less miracles or is man so arrogant as to try to explain them all away? An example when people pray for healing and get it and the dr says well there must have been a glich in the test results. I believe He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow and we just dont allow Him to move the way He wants to.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Special Scriptures Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page