buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  09:57:36 AM  Show Profile
Anyone who would like to post a scripture verse that they felt was special to them for the day, please share and if possible, give a short reason it was special. You don't have to post everyday, but the purpose of this thread is to spur us on to read some scripture daily. There are also times that when we read a particular verse, it is a deep deep touching by God that is meant only for us...and not to share. Please hold those dear in your heart, and mark them or record them in your own journal. But for the rest, it just may build anothers faith besides our own...and you know "that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God." (Rom 10:17)

This is not a time for us to necessarily comment on another's post...that is for God to do in their heart. we can just feel free to read, listen and learn. Thanks.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl & Sister #870 ~
"It compliments God to ask great things of Him." ~ St. Theresa of Avila

Edited by - buffypuff on Feb 17 2011 10:11:09 AM

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  10:09:10 AM  Show Profile
Think I will be the first to start. The Scripture is 1 John 5:14-15..."Now this is the confidence we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him."

I have been fretting over several family members who have walked away(or so it looks) from the Lord. I have struggled why God has not answered my prayer. In my reading, I felt the assurance that God wanted these people to be saved, but He will lead them whatever way it is possible for them to come to Him. I may not understand. I may not see it, but He is surely working in their hearts and I must remember this scripture and talk to God about it as He works.

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  9:57:13 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
What a great idea Claudia! I would like to join! I will start tomorrow. :)
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl, farmgirl,loggergirl, trying to live her dreams. :)

P.s. I've been playing around with the spelling of my name ( weird I know) and I've decided that I will stick with Hannah for good. Sorry I got you all confused. Hugs!!
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  10:40:06 AM  Show Profile
This is the daily scripture from BibleGateway.com. This verse really struck a cord in me. Romans 8:38-39..."For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

There have been times in my life, maybe in yours, that I have felt alone, separated by a happening, or something I had done, a misunderstanding, and I am not sure that I am totally in the right so that I feel as though I should take a step back from God, or maybe He has. A case in point was when I went through a terrible divorce. Not going into great detail, but it was not my denomination's policy to accept divorced women. I knew it took "two to tango", but the divorce was not my idea. I was really a broken woman. If it had not been for the kids, I am not sure what I would have done. For a time, I felt as though God had removed His presence. It was only after time and through scriptures and friends that I had, that this scripture came alive to me as being true. Paul said it best, as he said "...neither the present or the future..." might I also add..the past.. will be able to separate us from the love of God... Thank God!

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  1:12:18 PM  Show Profile
Claudia! This is so wonderful! Thank you!

Here's mine for today:

"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful; and let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near." Hebrews 10:23-25

I have been praying a lot lately for the Lord to help me live my life the way that would please Him and make Him smile, but also in a way that would inspire others to seek a deeper walk with Him. When I came across this this morning during a Bible study, it just jumped out at me. These words immediately reminded me of the hearts and lives of all of us farmgirls, don't you think? As always, HE instead made ME smile!

Hugs - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Feb 18 2011 6:45:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  10:17:10 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Mine for today:
"1 The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,[a]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever." Psalm:23

I love this verse because it reminds me that no matter what life throws at me, God will always be there for me every step of the way.
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl, farmgirl,loggergirl, trying to live her dreams. :)

P.s. I've been playing around with the spelling of my name ( weird I know) and I've decided that I will stick with Hannah for good. Sorry I got you all confused. Hugs!!
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2011 :  09:29:27 AM  Show Profile
I know I said that we didn't have to comment on anyone's lessons from God, but I MUST! Hannah...you absolutely make me smile.

NOW ONWARD!

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2011 :  11:51:24 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Is this a good thing?!?
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

LucyLobo511
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Mari-lyn
Capron IL
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  06:56:57 AM  Show Profile
Colossians 2:9-10, "For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority." (NIV)

Insane and Blissfully Happy
Mari-lyn
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  08:01:05 AM  Show Profile
2 Chronicles 7:14 (NIV)
".. if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

This scripture has been a favorite of mine. I have always thought that we (me) may talk about praying, but doesn't get around to it. I think with all the events happening in our country, the world (Somalia, New Zealand earthquake, Australian floods, unrest and killing in Africa), it is IMPERATIVE that we pray. This unrest can spread, and unknowingly can affect even our own children, grandchildren, our friends...and our lives. We need to pray for the spreading of the gospel and for mercy for all our lands.

Go to Top of Page

LucyLobo511
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Mari-lyn
Capron IL
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2011 :  05:25:55 AM  Show Profile
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” - Jeremiah 29:11-13

Mari-lyn
Go to Top of Page

LucyLobo511
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Mari-lyn
Capron IL
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2011 :  04:28:37 AM  Show Profile
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess. And let us consider how we may spur one another on towards love and good deeds.
Hebrews 10:23-24

Mari-lyn
Go to Top of Page

LucyLobo511
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Mari-lyn
Capron IL
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2011 :  06:29:31 AM  Show Profile
Titus 3:14, "Our people must learn to devote themselves to doing what is good, in order that they may provide for daily necessitates and not live unproductive lives." (NIV)

James 1:12,"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." (NIV, 1984)

Mari-lyn
Go to Top of Page

vmfein
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Valerie
Dale City VA
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2011 :  2:13:21 PM  Show Profile
I thought this was a good scripture which I found, especially after learning some of my family members are fighting. Too bad that they would not pay attention to this scripture.

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you."
Ephesians 4:31-32

Below is good to search by a topic for scriptures;

http://www.intouch.org/resources/gods-promises

Farmgirl Sister #2619
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2011 :  2:45:24 PM  Show Profile
I love what all have shared. isn't it amazing that God brings to life His Word that speaks to our lives. This is a scripture that spoke to me today. Ps 91:15-16

"He shall call upon Me and I will answer him. I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him My salvation."

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  07:27:22 AM  Show Profile
I absolutely love this scripture. There are many times I have mumbled to God asking Him why He didn't answer some prayers that I thought very worthy...not self-serving, not selfish, etc. But there is always this "knowing" deep in my chest, that it is GOD who knows the beginning from the end...not me! So, here is the proof.

Isaiah 55:8-9

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.
"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Go to Top of Page

LucyLobo511
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Mari-lyn
Capron IL
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2011 :  06:01:52 AM  Show Profile
“Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”
1 Peter 5:7 (NIV)

Mari-lyn
Go to Top of Page

LucyLobo511
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Mari-lyn
Capron IL
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2011 :  05:24:08 AM  Show Profile
Deuteronomy 31:8, "The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." (NIV)

Mari-lyn
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2011 :  08:42:24 AM  Show Profile
I love this Mari-lyn. Thank you as I needed it this morning.

Go to Top of Page

cheryl keyes
True Blue Farmgirl

468 Posts

cheryl
millinocket maine
USA
468 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2011 :  3:55:23 PM  Show Profile
Just to let you Ladies know Im really enjoying your posts on fave scriptures. thanks for sharing
Go to Top of Page

Ca-Reds
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

kristy
Clearlake Ca
USA
124 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2011 :  11:17:34 AM  Show Profile
"God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her..." Psalm 46:5

"Plan ahead, it wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark!"
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  12:21:43 PM  Show Profile
Proverbs 12:11 "He who tills his land will have plenty of bread..." Ah...now to let the ground dry out enough from winter and then rain, so we can till. Yeah! A good promise.

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - May 08 2011 :  7:37:58 PM  Show Profile
I am with you ALWAYS even unto the end of the world.
Go to Top of Page

LucyLobo511
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Mari-lyn
Capron IL
USA
177 Posts

Posted - May 14 2011 :  06:02:00 AM  Show Profile
A psalm of praise. Of David.
1 I will exalt you, my God the King;
I will praise your name for ever and ever.
2 Every day I will praise you
and extol your name for ever and ever.
3 Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise;
his greatness no one can fathom.
4 One generation commends your works to another;
they tell of your mighty acts.
5 They speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty—
and I will meditate on your wonderful works.[b]
6 They tell of the power of your awesome works—
and I will proclaim your great deeds.
7 They celebrate your abundant goodness
and joyfully sing of your righteousness.

8 The LORD is gracious and compassionate,
slow to anger and rich in love.

9 The LORD is good to all;
he has compassion on all he has made.
10 All your works praise you, LORD;
your faithful people extol you.
11 They tell of the glory of your kingdom
and speak of your might,
12 so that all people may know of your mighty acts
and the glorious splendor of your kingdom.
13 Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,
and your dominion endures through all generations.

The LORD is trustworthy in all he promises
and faithful in all he does.[c]
14 The LORD upholds all who fall
and lifts up all who are bowed down.
15 The eyes of all look to you,
and you give them their food at the proper time.
16 You open your hand
and satisfy the desires of every living thing.

17 The LORD is righteous in all his ways
and faithful in all he does.
18 The LORD is near to all who call on him,
to all who call on him in truth.
19 He fulfills the desires of those who fear him;
he hears their cry and saves them.
20 The LORD watches over all who love him,
but all the wicked he will destroy.

21 My mouth will speak in praise of the LORD.
Let every creature praise his holy name
for ever and ever.

Mari-lyn
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - May 14 2011 :  8:53:01 PM  Show Profile
Claudia thank you for this idea. This topic has been a real blessing to me. As we get ready for bed here the verse that came to mind was "let us not be weary in well doing"
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - May 15 2011 :  12:30:46 PM  Show Profile
I've been thinking that I must be careful to remember that I am a Christian in every cell of my body and spirit. Like a piece of uranium, I am Christian radioactive even though you can not see it. I have been amazed that I see Christians not acting "well," (& me not acting well)..maybe like the Pharisee in Luke 18:10-14. The Pharisee is praying that he is glad he is not like those sinners out there...like that guy at the back of the temple. The tax collecter just stands back beating his breast and says...."God, be merciful to me, the sinner." Jesus said that the sinner was justified because he humbled himself. I think that the prayer of the tax man should be constantly on my lips, but still realize, that because Jesus died for each of us, for ME, that I can walk in His glory, & no matter what I do, everything I do, is Christian radioactive, and that I must be careful what I do and say...it may affect someone's live importantly.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Special Scriptures Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page