buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2011 :  10:23:42 PM  Show Profile
I think man has always been arrogant Lea. There has always been an explanation other than the true God. I'm not sure why there aren't as many miracles for sure, but in times as these, God says he will never leave us, is always there. Scripture says that if we ask, we receive, seek and we find, and knock ahd the door is open. I think that we are lazy and don't take everything that we could to God and we don't stick with it. Maybe I am speaking only for me, but prayer is communing and being with God, and we are way too "busy" with other things to spend time in prayer.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl & Sister #870 ~
"It compliments God to ask great things of Him." ~ St. Theresa of Avila

Go to Top of Page

LucyLobo511
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Mari-lyn
Capron IL
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2011 :  06:18:35 AM  Show Profile
Just a thought, We live in a very dark world so we must look for miracles and never be afraid to speak up when we see them. A miracle can be just getting out of bed in the morning. I dont think we have the same miracles as they did in the bible because we have faith. Jesus had to do the miracles that he did in the bible so people would believe and spread the word about him. People then did not believe he was the son of God. We believe through the blood of Christ so we dont need those miracles.

Just a verse I liked today
1 Peter 4:9-11a, “Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ.” (NIV)

Insane and Blissfully Happy
Mari-lyn
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2011 :  2:37:41 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Mari-lyn, I would agree with you, but "at the hands of the apostles many signs & wonders were taking place among the people."
Acts 5:12. There were those who doubted back then as there is today. We are some of the most churched...indoctrinated people because of our technology, but many people who have heard about God and Jesus have not believed. That is why we hear so much today about our need of missionaries in our own country. Those who came out as Peter did on Pentecost..had been with Jesus, had seen His wounds, heard His speech after His resurrection and watched Him ascend into heaven. They heard Him say to go out into the world & preach everywhere...& the Lord would confirm their work by the signs that followed. (Mark 16:20). There are many other miracles that occured like the one with the man being healed by Peter's handkerchief, Cornelius and his family accepting jesus as Peter comes to visit, Peter & John singing in the prison when the earth shook, & the doors of the jail opened. Most miracles happened in the 1st century, but you see most of them had been with Jesus, talked with him. we don't have that tactile relationship today as they did, but we can listen & learn about what Jesus says by prayer, spending time with Him and in His Word. Just my opinion however.

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2011 :  8:29:33 PM  Show Profile
You know, I find this to be a very interesting conversation, ladies. I have to tell you, in my experience, even believers will scoff and reason away miracles. For instance, about 6 years ago, the doctors found small tumors at the base of my brain/the top of my spinal chord. Further tests showed that I had Central Nervous System Sarcoid (Neurosarcoidosis). I won't go into details, but I will tell you, it was absolutely miserable and affected every part of my life. Long story short, after much prayer, one day I FELT the warm, flowing of the Holy Spirit throughtout my body. My son was there - we both remember the day clear as a bell. Tears just poured down my cheeks - it was the most beautiful feeling in the world, indescribable. I knew I was healed. I slowly weaned myself off of medication, started taking vitamins. The pain was instantaneously gone, I could move, no more problems at all! I started to share with friends and family - believers - but they honestly looked at me like I was insane. I think most people expect miraculous healings to take place in the middle of a church with a ton of prayer warriors surrounding you or something... Some people just simply don't even believe that God's healing and miracles are for today. Well, I'm living proof! A couple of years after I received this gift of healing, we were in an auto accident. Headaches, nausea, vision issues, dizziness just wouldn't go away. The doctors were not convinced initially that it was entirely the result of the accident - they quickly wanted to associate these symptoms with the NS. After MANY MANY MANY tests the doctors were astonished... All bloodwork continued to prove that my ACE levels (a determinine indicator for NS) were normal... AND all of the lesions/tumors were completely gone from all the MRIs and CT scans!!! In time I healed from the accident, thankfully. But after my last MRI, my regular physician was looking at my films and bloodwork in shock. She just said, "Masses in your brain don't just disappear like that!" I replied, "Well, I'm a praying woman, and THAT is the power of GOD!" She just sat there, mouth gaping, not knowing what to say. I was healed from NS. There is no question of that at all. PRAISE GOD! But to this day, some of my family and friends (believers) don't believe I received a healing - they just look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them. But I know it's true. I've got the films in my closet, and many, many, medical records in various doctor's offices to prove it. It's amazing to me that people just can't trust and believe. I know not everyone will receive a healing or the miracle we expect, but I'm living proof that He really does heal and He really does work miracles today! PRAISE HIM!

One last thought: Sometimes we do receive miracles and answers to prayer, but we don't see them, because the way God answers isn't always the way we expect. I wanted a huge family, but only have one son... God still gave me my huge family by blessing us with foster children and grandchildren. And, I suspect, someday I'll have a wonderful daughter-in-law and grandchildren, too! People today expect things right away, and in the way they want them. I think if most of us look past our expectations, we'll find many, many blessings and miracles that have come to us along the way!

Blessings and love -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2011 :  8:58:31 PM  Show Profile
Wow Nini. People don't always want to believe, but want to explain it away with their natural mind. God is not natural, but supernatural and does things supernaturally. Thank you for sharing.

BTW Nini, thank you for the email. My response demands some time to write. With Nikki packing and getting ready for the movers, mych time has been with her and the kids. I'm not sure why she and Jeremy are going to be in opposite corners of the states, but I hope that Tampa is good to her family. I will write you very soon. Blessings on each of you ladies and may we expect to see many miracles that God chooses to perform among our midst!

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2011 :  9:14:03 PM  Show Profile
I understand, Claudia! :) It took me a while to get back to you, too, remember! Life happens... 'Makes catching up fun! :) I hope all goes well with Nikki and her family! We'll "chat" later when things have settled down and you have time! :) Hugs, Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

LucyLobo511
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Mari-lyn
Capron IL
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2011 :  05:51:53 AM  Show Profile
AMEN!

Mari-lyn
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2011 :  5:46:00 PM  Show Profile
This computer is working slower than snail mail and just when I was getting frustrated I remembered Nini saying "people today expect things right away". I know its out of the context meant but the reminder worked for me just now. Awesome testimony Nini!
Go to Top of Page

Crystal Koelzer
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Crystal
Cosby MO
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2011 :  10:04:53 PM  Show Profile
Hi, I know this doesn't belong here but didn't know where to post. How do you 'raise your children in the Lord'? I grew up where it was all the church's job, we did Sunday school and VBS and camps. My parents that I remember didn't do much. Well my husband and I are living overseas with the military and we don't have a church so I have realized that this is my job alone. My son is only two but I want to be doing whatever I should. Any suggestions? If I should post this somewhere else please point me in the right direction.
Go to Top of Page

LucyLobo511
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Mari-lyn
Capron IL
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2011 :  06:13:19 AM  Show Profile
I learned everything from some awesome Sunday school teachers. But we have not always had a church to attend so we have done everything at home. We have always included Bible in our homeschooling. I have used these sites www.gardenofpraise.com www.christianpreschoolprintables.com for worksheets along with others I cant find it right now but there is one that has all the stories and then questions. There also devotionals for children. And as the kids have gotten older we do adult bible devotionals. But other then that God is part of our regular conversations. We have included Him in everything. Prayers at meals,bedtime prayers,when they got hurt we prayed. Oh a really good one was everytime we saw an ambulance or an accident we stopped everything and prayed for anyone invovled. This was huge when they were little. Now they do it automaticly on their own. You can purchase all the VBS, Sunday school and craft stuff yourself now www.CBD.com or print it all free online. I hope this helps.

Mari-lyn
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2011 :  4:50:22 PM  Show Profile
This forum is just fine, Crystal. There is a group of Christian farmgirls that you might also join, as problems, prayers, scriptures etc are discussed there also. Now, I have had church all my life and had Christian education right along, so I have not been in the situation you have. The suggestions above are great. I think that teaching/discussion of scriptures, gospels, & proverbs with the whole family is a great place to start & are good guidance for everyday living.Scripture says that the Holy spirit will teach us in all things. He knows where you are & will not leave you without spiritual nourishment. Blessings to you!

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2011 :  4:44:07 PM  Show Profile
Crystal, there are many options to you, but start with getting a children's bible. Read to your child from it every night. Find out what the stories mean and share your findings with him. Pray at each meal. Sing songs of God with him/her in the car. When your child is sick, lay hands and pray. Share the blessings you see happening in your lives each day with your child. Talk about Jesus in your conversations. In other words, make your faith and belief a daily, normal thing. I wish I had done more of that with my child. But God took care of it for me. She is now the wife of a pastor and her life revolves around her beliefs! Your boy needs to see you believing and he will follow.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Crystal Koelzer
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Crystal
Cosby MO
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2011 :  9:17:02 PM  Show Profile
Do you have a recommendation of a good children bible? Thank you so much for this information. Jesus needs to have more of an outward appearance in my life for my son. I do like the homeschooling info too, we are planning on homeschooling in a few years. Thanks again ladies.
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  04:56:34 AM  Show Profile
Crystal I said a prayer for you and your family. Motherhood is a tough job but it sounds like you are realizing the most important thing we can give our children is a spiritual foundation to make it thru this life. Jeannie's advice was great. I read a childrens bible to mine that was actually the one my MIL read to my hubby as a boy.I agree with Claudia proverbs are good. Short and to the point verses. We taught gospels story's thru childrens songs. Piano sing a long books are a great place to look. If you dont have a bible book store around they can be found at music stores sometimes.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  09:06:52 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls!

Crystal - I had tried to reply to your post last night, but my server kept shutting down - frustrating! When my son was little we started watching the "Beginner's Bible" video series, in addition to reading "The Beginner's Bible." I found this link and thought you might like to take a look at them: http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/cms_content?page=361751&sp=1007&event=1007RNF. If you click on the link below the graphic, it will bring you to a whole host of Beginner Bible books, videos, cds, etc. It was a good starting point, and very entertaining. I actually incorporated them into the Bible curriculum for preschoolers that I taught back then, and the kids just love them. The church still uses them to this day!

We also found lots of peek-a-boo board books of Bible stories that helped him remember.. The pictures were beautiful. I'd read the key passage, and he would try to answer before opening the little windows that revealed the answer. Those we found at Wal-Mart, but I haven't seen them in years.

I also found this link for you: http://www.nestfamily.com/36-animated-old-and-new-testament-dvd-collection_p42925.aspx?gclid=CP3U6_Ovx6kCFULc4Aodr18XPA I haven't used their products, but I do remember an entire series we used when he was in grade school concerning the early church in Rome - these animated videos look a lot like what we used, and we loved them, too. :)

There are many other things we used over the years, but these were great when he was little. I really hope these recommendations help a little!

Hugs and blessings -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Crystal Koelzer
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Crystal
Cosby MO
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  10:02:14 PM  Show Profile
Nini, It is meant to be, that bible you suggested is the one I save in my wishlist on Amazon. It seemed to be the best for his age that I could find. Hopefully I can order it soon. He loves to read and with 40 stories we can read something different everyday. And I am going to look into some of the free print outs on homeschool websites for coloring pages and activities. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me!
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  07:37:43 AM  Show Profile
You are SO welcome, Crystal! I hope it all works out for you! I wish I still had my books, I'd send them to you. But over the years we've shared and never received them back. If there is anything you can't find but would like me to look for, maybe I can help and send new ones to you. Just say the word! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  8:49:59 PM  Show Profile
Have to share this with you all. I never miss work. I took off 1/2 day to play catch up at home. Kids were at church camp and hubby at work. I was justifing it to myself and yet feeling guilty leaving work. I was working at home but you know we dont get paid for that:) Anyhow I opened my bible. This one was an NLT and it opens to Prov.1:18-19"...They set an ambush for themselves; they booby-trap their own lives!Such is the fate of all who are greedy of gain. It ends up robbing them of life. Needless to say I enjoyed working at home the rest of the day without guilt. That is why the bible is called the Living Word huh?
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  9:32:33 PM  Show Profile
Yeah Lea! And that is one way God speaks to us today...through His word. Too often we are bound by guilt. You were being a Mary instead of a Martha...and you made a good choice. Blessings to you!

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2011 :  4:49:15 PM  Show Profile
My scripture of the day is: Psalm 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect: The LORD’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him. The 2 words that stood out to me...and definitely what I need at this time are....FLAWLESS, and SHIELDS. Those are two words I can depend on. God's word...no mistakes. And in the midst of all the storms of this life, God shields us. Now...to accept that and BELIEVE it!

Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2011 :  6:24:09 PM  Show Profile
i think I'm going to print out all these amazing scriptures and put them in a mini scrap book to keep handy.

Here is a special verse the Lord gave me a few months ago.

Jeremiah 17:6-8
"But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him.
He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out it's roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
it's leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
And never fails to bear fruit"

God's word is living water, nourishing, sustaining and to push my roots deep down into it...ahhh
but to pull them up and lean on my own understanding! Ack, don't know why i do that, but the river flows abundantly and so here I am again.
Thank-you Lord.

ANGIE
"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2

http://www.pinkroomponderings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  10:38:17 AM  Show Profile
I love this Angie. Years ago, when going through a divorce, I came across this scripture. I use the NAS version. It is a tad different & for me at that time it was marvelous. The scripture says (NAS) "Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose trust IS the Lord. For some reason, I thought the first part (who trusts in the Lord) is so dependant on how well I can trust, whereas, the second part (whose trust is)...to me is that there is no other trust than the Lord. It is not independant, or separate... they are the same thing...they are stuck together inseparably like superglue attaching the other part so that you can't even see a possible crack.

Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  10:43:47 AM  Show Profile
Absolutely agree. One & the same. if i were a painter i would paint a beautiful willow tree right on the edge of a bubbling clear river. The branches would just sweep down over the water as if reaching out always. (but I'm not a painter so will use my imagination instead!)
I look out at my flower gardens which have been a bit neglected this year and it really does not take long before they start to wilt, we are just the same. We must continuously go back to the source. To just "water" once in a while is not enough.
quote:
Originally posted by buffypuff

I love this Angie. Years ago, when going through a divorce, I came across this scripture. I use the NAS version. It is a tad different & for me at that time it was marvelous. The scripture says (NAS) "Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose trust IS the Lord. For some reason, I thought the first part (who trusts in the Lord) is so dependant on how well I can trust, whereas, the second part (whose trust is)...to me is that there is no other trust than the Lord. It is not independant, or separate... they are the same thing...they are stuck together inseparably like superglue attaching the other part so that you can't even see a possible crack.

ANGIE
"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2

http://www.pinkroomponderings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2011 :  9:37:20 PM  Show Profile
Neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes thing grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building. 1 Corinthians 3:7-9

Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2011 :  7:37:33 PM  Show Profile
Marly...thank you for that. Sometimes our humanity gets in the way, & we think that we and what we do is way more important than another. This is such a good reminder that it is God and He alone who matters. Thank you again!

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Special Scriptures Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page