Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Holidays
 Wheel of the Year/Sabbats/Celebrations
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Holidays: Previous Topic Wheel of the Year/Sabbats/Celebrations Next Topic
Page: of 17

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2006 :  7:26:54 PM  Show Profile
Here is a source that I found:

http://www.recaddy.com

If that doesn't work just google broom making supplies. This is actually a page that shows how to make a broom and if you scroll down to the bottom you will find a source for broomcorn. It is a company in Greensboro, NC.

G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/
Thanks for checking out my apron musings!

Edited by - Aunt George on Jul 27 2006 7:30:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2006 :  06:11:15 AM  Show Profile
Very cool sites Georann!
I am thinking of making my own broom too...And get this..I was doing some family history research last night, apparently my great great grandfather was a broom maker. A picture of his shop is in the Smithsonian..
I am destined to make a broom! I just know it!!!
This thread is too cool,
can't wait to hear about reading tea leaves, palms, cards....
Love and Light to all~
Kate
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2006 :  11:17:09 AM  Show Profile
I oredered some runes for my MIL the other day. She loves objects and puts a lot of feeling into them, and surrounds herself with things that she puts a lot of herself into. The other day she mentioned that she was interested in Tarot cards, and how fun it was when she was a kid and had hers done, and then went on to say that she would like to learn something like that some time... it made me think of how she is about things with textures and how she loves little baubles.. the things she collects and the fact that she and her husband are major rock hounds, so I decided to get them for her.

I am hoping she will like them, I don't think she has really been around that stuff before so it remains to be seen if she will be receptive, but it just seemed so HER that I thought she would really enjoy them.

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2006 :  1:18:48 PM  Show Profile
Bobbi,
Thought you might like this site:

http://www.sunnyway.com/runes/runeset.html

I'm going to finish reading the site you sent last week. It has already made a profound statement on my psyche.
Georgann

Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2006 :  2:00:45 PM  Show Profile
I'm glad you are getting something out of it.. I can only hope that the profound statement it is making is doing more good than harm! I know that stuff can be pretty earth rattling especially for someone with a life that has been shaped and intertwined deeply with the very thing that is holding them down... Thats how it was for me until I sat with it for a while, re-read it and felt the sense of joy that comes with just letting go.

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2006 :  04:03:10 AM  Show Profile
Hi Bobbi,
All I can say is Wow! Thank you so much for the enlightenment! It is so hard to let go of certain things. Email me sometime. Perhaps we can "talk."

Georgann

Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2006 :  07:21:10 AM  Show Profile
I'm so glad you liked it!

Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2006 :  4:07:56 PM  Show Profile
Did someone post a "letting go" verse? I missed it, this is something I could really use about now...
Repost it please, or email,
katiedidt@hotmail.com
Thanks so much
Love and light to all
Kate
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2006 :  10:16:30 PM  Show Profile
No Katiedid, I posted a link to a very long essay that has helped shed some light on my own personal choices with some religious hang ups I had in the past. If you feel like a VERY long but powerful read you can check it out at

http://www.infidels.org/library/historical/robert_ingersoll/why_i_am_agnostic.html

but be prepared for a lot of reading!

Bobbi

Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2006 :  10:34:44 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Kate,
On page 9 of this chat Julia talked about cleansing and letting go..is this what you are looking for? Hope so!!
Hope things are alright!
You can always e-mail me if you need to talk!
Hugz!!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  6:45:25 PM  Show Profile
Here is something some of you might enjoy. I was born under a new moon.......just check out this website and you can find out what moon phase you were born under! Really cool for a moon girl like me!!

http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/vphase.html

Have fun!
Georgann

Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  6:46:59 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
just had to stop and say hi to aunt george much love and well wishing

pretty cool I was born on a full or new moon too

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe

http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/
http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home

Edited by - sunshine on Aug 08 2006 6:48:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  6:50:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sunshine....wow that was fast, you must have posted the hello just as I was posting too! Thanks! Not been around much lately....working 11 hours or so a day....I'm exhausted, but at least bringing home some good money for a while.

Many thanks and hugs....say love what you are doing over at your blog! Nancy Jo's doll is so pretty with the gorgeous clothes you are making!

Georgann

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  7:32:11 PM  Show Profile
I was born on a full moon too..interesting!! makes me want to look up EVERY one of my kids and all..the ones who are adopted I don't have a clue..that is so fun!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2006 :  3:23:27 PM  Show Profile
I was born on a full moon too! I knew I was a moon child, but how cool. Wonder if it means anything.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2006 :  3:24:33 PM  Show Profile
Bobbi,

I printed and read the essay. Very enlightening and lifted some Catholic guilt. Good read. Thanks.

Debbie

Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2006 :  3:42:44 PM  Show Profile
Glad you liked it!

B.

Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2006 :  3:41:04 PM  Show Profile
Just wanted to pop in quick and let all of you know that I am still here....just dealing with a lot right now, so I haven't been online but to check email lately.....hope you are all well....

*B*B*

"I would not interfere with any creed of yours or want to appear that I have all the cures. There is so much to know...so many things are true. The way my feet must go may not be best for you. And so I give this spark of what is light to me, to guide you through the dark, but not tell you
what you must see."
-Author Unknown

"Contradiction is not a sign of falsity, nor the lack of contradiction a sign of truth."
— Blaise Pascal

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2006 :  3:57:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi Tasha,

Hope you're okay.

Debbie

Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

verbina
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

randi
n.j
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2006 :  4:28:57 PM  Show Profile
HI Tasha, Be Well! Randi
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2006 :  08:03:37 AM  Show Profile
alles gut for the time being......

Full Moon and an eclipse tonight? anyone have any happy nekkid pagan dancing rituals planned?

"I would not interfere with any creed of yours or want to appear that I have all the cures. There is so much to know...so many things are true. The way my feet must go may not be best for you. And so I give this spark of what is light to me, to guide you through the dark, but not tell you
what you must see."
-Author Unknown

"Contradiction is not a sign of falsity, nor the lack of contradiction a sign of truth."
— Blaise Pascal

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2006 :  1:48:16 PM  Show Profile
Sounds good, Tasha.

I live in N. Idaho and you should've seen the moon here @ about 5:30 this morning. It was orange in our skies. Of course, that could be cuz our air is full of smoke from forest fires!! But it was beautiful.

Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

MustangSuzie
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Sarah
New London Missouri
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2007 :  11:02:24 PM  Show Profile  Send MustangSuzie a Yahoo! Message
I'm a little late on the discussion but I have enjoyed reading this thread. It's great to learn about new things. I've always felt in tune with nature myself, used to get up in the middle of the night as a child just to watch the moon. Not sure why, just have always been drawn to the moon, still am. I look forward to learning more about you all. Wonderful thread!

Blessings....
Sarah

Something I borrowed...
"In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations." -From The Great Law Of The Iroquois Confederacy.

Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2007 :  01:55:49 AM  Show Profile
Hello Sarah, fellow moon girl! I love the moon too. Always drawn to it. I have written quite a few children's stories about the moon! LOL.......G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
Thanks for checking out my apron and sewing musings!
Go to Top of Page

MustangSuzie
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Sarah
New London Missouri
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2007 :  06:09:02 AM  Show Profile  Send MustangSuzie a Yahoo! Message
That's awesome Georgann. I noticed the moon this morning on the way to school. It was beautiful sitting there in the western sky.

Blessings....
Sarah

Something I borrowed...
"In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations." -From The Great Law Of The Iroquois Confederacy.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Holidays: Previous Topic Wheel of the Year/Sabbats/Celebrations Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page