Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Holidays
 Wheel of the Year/Sabbats/Celebrations
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Holidays: Previous Topic Wheel of the Year/Sabbats/Celebrations Next Topic
Page: of 17

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2006 :  08:11:50 AM  Show Profile
You're welcome Georgann! After you finish it let me know what your perspective is!

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2006 :  12:37:49 PM  Show Profile
My friends and I do rituals when they are needed. we honor the directions, the sky and mother earth. we stand in a circle, sometimes we write our wishes or problems or whatever we doing it for on pieces of paper and toss them into a fire or bowl of salt. sometimes we read them out loud ,sometimes not. Its cleansing and helps you feel better and light and airy.
We thank the directions ,mother earth, the sky. then we have something to eat and celebrate.
sometimes we do other rituals different ways, but be careful what you wish for.
So you can make up your own ritual or ceremony how ever you want to.
We also smuge with sage and a feather(eagle is good but illegal) so a turkey feather or good energy feathers work also.
good energy to all of you.
This has been very interesting hearing about how everyone is different
shirley
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2006 :  8:14:23 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Julia,
Thank you for those recomendations and I am going to look them up on amazon when I finish here.
In answer to your question, I do not feel I will be "infected" I do not feel it will enter me and cause me harm. But since I do believe in magic to a certain extent and I have seen both good and bad magic at work, yes I have a fear that by repeating things that I have no idea what they mean or are used for since I do not practice or really know anything, I fear causing things to happen that I have no intention of happening or causing. Does that make sense? I respect the power these things hold both for good and evil and do not want to be a vessel unknowingly for anything. That is my fear. What you said made me feel much better, I am a very curious but at the same time cautious. Does that answer your question?

Hugz!

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2006 :  8:26:28 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Kathy,
I am so sorry to hear about your cat! I know you will miss her and I am sorry for the loss of her physical presence.

As far as everyone thinking I was refering to man hating...I wasn't I was talking about women being oppressed and needing to take back their power and how I did not think that chrisianity itself was pro women oppressing but that men had turned it into that. When I read the Bible I didn't get the same message that I had heard so much preached and taught in church and I was trying to show what I had found and then shared a story my mom had told me which I think many thought I was saying myself... I wasn't but I thought it had wisdom in it in that we not dismiss something because of imperfect human usage of it but because we know it and have found it not to be for us. Somehow what I ment and what was read were two VERY different things. *sigh*

Anyway, I am glad to see you here and I will be thinking kind thoughts for you!!

Hugz!!

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2006 :  06:49:01 AM  Show Profile
Buttercup....re: fear....I think that whatever we feel we manifest. I, too, have experienced some bad bad magick, but it was at the hands of bad bad people. As soon as I shut them out, it was over. Keep hope in mind, keep faith in mind (though I am of the opinion that one doesn't need faith when they have experience) fear won't have any place in your heart and mind.

"I would not interfere with any creed of yours or want to appear that I have all the cures. There is so much to know...so many things are true. The way my feet must go may not be best for you. And so I give this spark of what is light to me, to guide you through the dark, but not tell you
what you must see."
-Author Unknown

"Contradiction is not a sign of falsity, nor the lack of contradiction a sign of truth."
— Blaise Pascal

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2006 :  07:40:51 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Tasha,

Thank you so much for those kind words. I have seen horrible things (and my husband too his step father practiced a bad kind), so I will have to work on the "no fear and faith" part But I do believe what you said that if I feel it it will manifest (which is even worse and scares me more ) On the other hand I do believe in good magic and the magic within and this is what I wish to learn about and explore, so maybe since this is my deepest and true desire that will be what comes through?? I will have to work on filling my heart with hope and peace in knowing that what I am searching is goodness. Thank you again, it helped me feel better!

Hugz!

Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2006 :  07:56:37 AM  Show Profile
Julia~
Thanks so much for sharing the information on cleansing...I have alot to think about.
Love.
K
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2006 :  7:33:52 PM  Show Profile
I have a request for intentions this evening.

It is a New Moon tonight and we are doing an Esbat ritual. During our ritual, I am binding Grace's biological father. It is out of necessity. If you want I can explain in breif the situation to you. This is part one of a three part, where ultimately I will be banishing him. Part two will be at the Full Moon where I will use the light to illuminate, and then after Grace is home and safe, I will use the light of the next Full Moon (August's Moon) to Banish.

SOme have qualms about using dark Magick, but I personally think it is necessary, but only works when you work through the Spirit.

So if you could, light a candle for me (black or white, or both) as well as some cleansing incense (like sandalwood or frankincense) around 11 pm central time, I would appreciate it.

Thank you fellow FarmWitches!!

Ill le tyou know how things go, but not to a great extent as the Moon is in Leo right now.....;)

"I would not interfere with any creed of yours or want to appear that I have all the cures. There is so much to know...so many things are true. The way my feet must go may not be best for you. And so I give this spark of what is light to me, to guide you through the dark, but not tell you
what you must see."
-Author Unknown

"Contradiction is not a sign of falsity, nor the lack of contradiction a sign of truth."
— Blaise Pascal

Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2006 :  11:39:34 AM  Show Profile
Tasha, I didn't read your post until just now.. I totally missed it. I'm so sorry, BUT I am going to light my candle (white) for you anyway. Dark Magik here? No Way!! bad energy is bad energy. Truth is truth and sometimes really ugly...you already know this and I'm certain of your connection to Spirit so absolutely NO qualms here. you have my full support!
"To the light I send to thee..
the wicked energy not bound to me..

I send thee on your way
with healing grace in your stay..

With pink and purple balance true
I'm blessed in Spirit connected to You."

That is my candle blessing for you dear Tasha.. good luck and blessings..
Julia Hayes

being simple to simply be
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2006 :  2:27:54 PM  Show Profile
Tasha, I don't know if I was much help, but I did light a white candle for you and I burned what cleansing herbs I could find. I used Lavender and Sage. I stayed up until midnight eastern time to help you.

I know what ex husbands can be like.....not a good thing.

I wish you the best in saving your dear daughter from the turmoil that goes along with all of this. If you ever want to "talk" just email me. Been there, done that....lots of experience with ex's and children.

Love to you and your family.....Georgann

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/
Thanks for checking out my apron musings!
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2006 :  3:12:41 PM  Show Profile
Susan dear, I think Tasha reads Tarot and a few others including myself. I resonate most with Medicine Woman tarot cards.. love them!
Julia Hayes

being simple to simply be
Go to Top of Page

verbina
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

randi
n.j
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2006 :  4:33:16 PM  Show Profile
hi all, would love to learn to read the tarot, but i just dont understand them. any suggestions?I really did try . randi
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2006 :  4:52:18 PM  Show Profile
I read tarot. I have a mystic set. I just did a spread for myself today as a matter of fact. I draw a card usually daily as well...

What is it you want to know? I would gladly do a spread for you if you like (no worries, no fees involved....:) )

I can teach bits and pieces about the Tarot as well....:D

Our ritual went well last night. I felt lots better afterward and after I buried the binding outside of our property line. Part two happens at the Full Moon....Here are a couple of pics of the altar set up:

what you must see."
-Author Unknown

— Blaise Pascal

Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

Woodswoman
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Jennifer
Altamont NY
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2006 :  5:03:34 PM  Show Profile
I was so excited to see this discussion. I'm very interested in celebrating the sabbats-somehow it just seems right to celebrate natures cycles. It is so nice to know that others feel the same way. And, the pictures of the altars are gorgeous-it inspired me to try to do one of my own.

Thanks!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2006 :  11:56:05 PM  Show Profile
Nice broom Tasha, did you make it?
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2006 :  05:40:59 AM  Show Profile
nope...that is the one that recently whispered to me at a flea market just before I was to pay for something else....this ritual was the first time I used it.

what you must see."
-Author Unknown

— Blaise Pascal

Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

verbina
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

randi
n.j
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2006 :  2:04:59 PM  Show Profile
HI TASHA. i would LOVE for you to do a reading on me! i am a very eager student. i have read many books on wicca and have always been interested ,but i have much to learn.email if you want. Blessed Be. randi
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2006 :  2:05:24 PM  Show Profile
oOoOOOOoooooOoOoooo I do tea leaves as well!!

I have some sewing to do for the fair, but as soon as I am done, I will post about the Tarot....what specifically do you want to know?

what you must see."
-Author Unknown

— Blaise Pascal

Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

verbina
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

randi
n.j
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2006 :  2:08:01 PM  Show Profile
i will email you i hope that is ok? randi
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2006 :  2:27:59 PM  Show Profile
thats totally okay ;)

what you must see."
-Author Unknown

— Blaise Pascal

Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2006 :  3:57:35 PM  Show Profile
Love the broom too! Found this site that I thought some of you might enjoy looking at:

http://www.friendswoodbrooms.com/index.html

Love the variety of brooms on this site! Hope you enjoy this as much as I did.

Tasha, I would love to learn more about Tarot too.
Georgann

Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2006 :  12:07:28 AM  Show Profile
COOL brooms on that site
thanks Aunt George
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2006 :  02:12:08 AM  Show Profile
Glad you liked that site....I'm seriously thinking of ordering one of their brooms. I love them. I don't want anything fancy. I'm thinking one of the long handled cobweb brooms with a straight handle....with just a little bend in it. Now here is my question. You can custom order the woods that you want for it. I am thinking of asking for rowan wood...mountain ash. They do take custom orders for brooms. Any suggestions as to the wood handle and the broom part. They can make a broom with willow, or broom corn or birch, just about anything. So please my magical friends, I would love your suggestions.

Look at this page and scroll down under the wedding photos.
http://www.friendswoodbrooms.com/special.html

I'm thinking I could do this myself though. It wouldn't be as nice, but I could gather many of the materials in my back woods. I have a lovely oak handle drying right now.
Thanks,
G

Edited by - Aunt George on Jul 27 2006 02:15:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2006 :  6:05:38 PM  Show Profile
does anyone know where to get broom corn for making brooms?
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2006 :  7:12:21 PM  Show Profile
I use wheat grass when I make brooms....

what you must see."
-Author Unknown

— Blaise Pascal

Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Holidays: Previous Topic Wheel of the Year/Sabbats/Celebrations Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page