Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Holidays
 Wheel of the Year/Sabbats/Celebrations
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Holidays: Previous Topic Wheel of the Year/Sabbats/Celebrations Next Topic
Page: of 17

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  7:01:15 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Julia,
Thank you! I do not feel those that follow pagan beliefs or practice witch craft are men haters...my brother is a witch and I love him dearly and he is homosexual so he is a man that loves men and is a witch ... so I am not as in the dark as I guess I sound. However my brother is a very private person and will not discuss much with me out of respect for my father who is VERY strict and sadly narrow minded, so there is much I do not know...
My comments were in response to those saying the Christianity was male dominated etc through out this thread....NOT to say that those here are male haters etc as it seems my thoughts were taken! I do not feel that way nor do I believe any of you are! I just ment sometimes we are so offended by those professing to be something that we miss the something...does that help and make better sense??

I hope so..the LAST thing I would ever wnat to do is seem judgemental or evangelical to anyone. I have not found my "place" in all of this yet and am searching and learning so I can find it. I am just so use to seeing the WORST in so many things because growing up as I did , you see it all. So I try to see the good in everything including Christianity and take from all good to create my own path...will this keep me from truly finding my way..I hope not!!

I look forward to hearing your thoughts Julia!
Hugz til then!!

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  7:07:26 PM  Show Profile
Holy smokes we all posted a whole lot of stuff all at once!!!!!

I love it!

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  7:14:23 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Bobbi,
I feel the same way about my girls! What do you expose them to without ingrainig something in them that will inhibit their own path and journey? I have two beautiful girls and do not want them raised the way I was in a strict and oppressing "christian" way. I want them to have a connection to the earth and others which is called a sprituality by many, but how to do that and stay away from all the ick of it? I have seen the dark side of so many practices and beliefs that I do not know if there is any one way. So right now my path is to find the good in everything that I can and mix it to form a good spirituality ...but will it work? Julia may be totally correct that it will inhibit me in ways but then what? Throw it all out and be nothing? I do not know. But I am finding hope and knowledge here and I am thankful for it!!

Hugz!!!

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  7:31:30 PM  Show Profile
They are only 1 and 2 right now, so I am really just gong to cross that bridge as I come to it, but I am going to try to put off sunday school, or any kind of "taught" religious views as long as I can. As a tiny kid who see's teachers and adults as ultimate authority figures, I don't want them to be put in a position to feel that they HAVE to accept something just because someone says so.

As they grow up when I get asked questions that are usually answered with simple "because god said so" answers I am going to give them the chance to come up with their own ideas about why. I am going to teach morals out of aesops fables, Mark Twain and logical consequences.

Thats as far as I have gotten at this point, because some things you just have to cross as it comes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for that reminder, I had so much of a connection with that yard that I was cultivating that I really am grasping at straws now that I am without it.. I never even realized that! I guess sometimes it takes an outside observer to point that out. I've just been so incredibly uprooted I am looking for some good fertile soil to sink my injured little roots back into.

I can't say I was looking for doctrine per se... just something to spark those lost feelings. I like the words free expression.. As I said before I saw your post, I am just working on coming up with something that works for me.. I guess when you are searching for something it really helps to surround yourself with those who have it together.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  7:39:57 PM  Show Profile
FarmSisters!
Wow! This last page is alot of mind food!
My questions about "knowing" you are a witch....or I guess a better way to word it is...
How did you come to know of the light and power you hold?
I think we are all born with intuition, that sense of knowing when something is very right or very wrong...I think all of us have had glimpses of "deja vu" or a feeling that something bad was going to happen...
I guess what I am wondering is how do I develop the gifts I know I have?
How do I use my energies in the very best way?

I guess Julia already answered that, so very well...I need to just connect, just be....

Tasha,
I know where you are coming from with the "preaching" bit, I think so many of us have been pushed and pushed and shamed by relious elders. I have just the last little while allowed my self to feel worthy of recieving love and joy...I don't know why...I guess all of the religious guilt I took too seriously, when really, I have never done anything really wrong or sinfull....this is my own garbage to "sweep clean"
Back to Tasha,
I want to hear more about the moon phases etc..please share.
Julia,
I am very interested in learning what you do to cleanse....I am in need of it! I so loved the way you described your beliefs, your love all into Life...you are so gifted with words. I feel that way completely, only I could have never said it so well.

Buttercup,
This is a forum for farmgirls, we all have different oppions and that's fine, that is what makes us unique..don't be afraid to share.
We can all agree to disagree every now and then, can't we?

Can't wait to read more,
until then
Kate
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  7:50:26 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Buttercup

Tasha,
I am very sorry you felt offended by what I said. I was not trying to evengilize at all. I was responding to things people had said throughout this post about christianity and Mary Magdeline etc. I was of the oppion that we were all discussing this and I am searching along with many here to find a way to be empowered as a women and as one connected to the earth in whatever way that may be. I was not sterotyping anyone,but making comments on things we have been talking about. I do not nor have I ever felt that those following witchcraft are against God at all...they may be but not because of their witchcraft but because of their personal choice. Does that make sense?!? I am sorry you took things they way you did, I thought I could be comfortable to voice my opinions and thoughts, but I guess I was wrong and I am sorry for anyone I offended.

Hugz Always!!

I am sorry if I reacted badly....I have been doing that lately...personal stresses getting brought forward....OY! I am sorry....

"I would not interfere with any creed of yours or want to appear that I have all the cures. There is so much to know...so many things are true. The way my feet must go may not be best for you. And so I give this spark of what is light to me, to guide you through the dark, but not tell you
what you must see."
-Author Unknown

"Contradiction is not a sign of falsity, nor the lack of contradiction a sign of truth."
— Blaise Pascal

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  7:53:04 PM  Show Profile
I am going to have to type this all up in word I think....I have a few things to write it seems, so bear with me, I will get it all posted soon! :D

*B*B*

"I would not interfere with any creed of yours or want to appear that I have all the cures. There is so much to know...so many things are true. The way my feet must go may not be best for you. And so I give this spark of what is light to me, to guide you through the dark, but not tell you
what you must see."
-Author Unknown

"Contradiction is not a sign of falsity, nor the lack of contradiction a sign of truth."
— Blaise Pascal

Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  8:08:33 PM  Show Profile
Oh, my, I am so sorry for starting the impression of man hating....on the contrary, I have many men in my life whom I dearly love. So to everyone here.......I am so sorry. Please, forgive me. This whole discussion is fabulous!

Golly....I just typed a half hour diatribe of why I don't hate men, nor do I blame Christianity for promoting male dominance..... when I only need to say this: Please don't let a rift happen between sisters. From reading both Buttercup's words and Tasha's words, not just above, but throughout this thread, neither one of you fine girls should take offense....please.

Buttercup...I know you too are searching, and thank you for sharing about your brother too.

Tasha...you are such a loving and earth centered person and I truly appreciate all you have shared. It takes courage to talk openly of one's beliefs that go against the mainstream.

Julia, thank you for pondering my question. It is a question from the heart.

Bobbi, that is the exact book I was referencing.....by Sark....currently reading it and it does sound like we have alot in common in our spiritual journey and that is what this life is..........................a spiritual journey whether we are agnostic, atheist, catholic, pagan, baptist, methodist, LDS, witch or just plain don't know.

One more thought before I shut my trap. Being a nurse, I've held the hands of lots of people leaving this life. I have had the honor to help them along this journey and hopefully make it a little less scarey for them, by just listening to them or being there with them during those dark lonely hours. I have to say, that I know there is a spiritual journey there, whether it is crossing the veil, ascending to heaven or nether regions or just crossing some spiritual barrier, I know it is there. I have felt it, SEEN it and watched the eyes of those making the journey. That spark of spirit inside of us...I just can't believe that it becomes nothingness. Basic laws of nature disprove it, can energy be destroyed. Can matter be obliterated? Does it just change form? Hmmmm thoughts to ponder.

Again.....please forgive me for starting an impression of man-hating....truly didn't mean to......georgann

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/
Thanks for checking out my apron musings!
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  8:16:52 PM  Show Profile
Ok Georgann, I just found that link I was looking for

http://www.infidels.org/library/historical/robert_ingersoll/why_i_am_agnostic.html

It's long but it was very helpful for me.

Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  8:33:18 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Tasha,
I know where you are coming from with the "preaching" bit, I think so many of us have been pushed and pushed and shamed by relious elders. I have just the last little while allowed my self to feel worthy of recieving love and joy...I don't know why...I guess all of the religious guilt I took too seriously, when really, I have never done anything really wrong or sinfull....this is my own garbage to "sweep clean"

I hear you….tis why I white knuckled to my Christianity and hid my Witchcraft for so long (I became very adept at hiding my altars and tools in plain sight) I thought that what I was feeling inclined to do was bad and needed to be hid and denied….I got over that, though, thankfully.

quote:

Back to Tasha,
I want to hear more about the moon phases etc..please share.

what specifically do you want to know?

quote:

Wow! This last page is alot of mind food!
My questions about "knowing" you are a witch....or I guess a better way to word it is...
How did you come to know of the light and power you hold?
I think we are all born with intuition, that sense of knowing when something is very right or very wrong...I think all of us have had glimpses of "deja vu" or a feeling that something bad was going to happen...
I guess what I am wondering is how do I develop the gifts I know I have?
How do I use my energies in the very best way?

I think I was always aware of it. My mom (a Catholic…hard core, even) is psychic and passed that gift on to me. We always had “extra family members” everywhere we lived. I was always fascinated with the Moon and her pull. I think the only way to develop gifts that you have is to use them. There is a fair amount of study and introspection needed, but mostly, I feel it is using them.

quote:

Tasha, I want to know more about your opinion of sharing ritualistic information. I found your perspective fascinating..serious in tone...I have no problem sharing the rituals I do precisely because they are so completely contrived for particularly people in particular moments in Life. I follow only the elementary guides of spell casting and only those that resonate deeply with me.. Bobbi, I will write for you a letting go ritual we have done here many times..basic and something I believe you can express in a infinite number of ways..

Ultimately, I think it is up to the person who will be using said spell, and I guess I should make leeway for having people, Witches or whoever, that you KNOW and trust write for you….as I have done that. But it just seems wise to me, not to, because there are Pagans out there who only have malice in mind. And while I do not seek to harm people (generally ;) ) I do believe magick is black and white. There needs to be a balance. I bind people who do me harm, I cast stones in a cursing well, etc. That isn’t exactly white magick…..I don’t want something that someone else wrote with a REALLY bad intent to backfire on me because I didn’t know what their frame of mind was, kwim?

quote:

Tasha, your description of your ritual with the fire counsel and reading of the oracle left me craving more!!!! if you are willing please share more.. I know very little about Druid practices and would like to learn...

I don’t know much about Druid practice, either. I know it is a male dominated practice…in fact, in medieval times, women were forbidden from Druidry. They are essentially Pagan Monks if I glean correctly. It is spoken tradition (traditionally, anyway). My husband talks to the trees, seeks counsel from his animal oracle and things like that….That is pretty much all I know. He wanted me at his fire last night because the matter we were seeking counsel on was dealing with our daughter, Grace’s, biological father (not a nice person in the least, in fact we are trying to determine if he is even human…he truly has no heart.) He needed counsel on what to do because his passions were driving him for a bit and he wanted to inflict some serious magickal damage on his brain……so he sought their guidance and we actually got some great answers, not only from his oracle but also from my Celtic spread I did a little while after….(I read cards and leaves…..BTW)

Also re: teaching children w/o pressing them into a mold…As you know, I am a cradle Catholic (well, not anymore, but…….) and I was actually forced into baptizing Grace (remember I was a Witch but I was still in the proverbial broom closet….) I have taught Grace a bit about the Christian faith. Rob and I both are in agreement that their paths are not ours to determine. Should they ask to go to Temple, or Mass, or to a Buddist Temple or a Mosque or whatever, we will entirely support it. Like my siggy says, I can only offer the light I see as information to them, but I cannot choose their ways for them. What I will make sure happens is that whatever they choose, they do it in being true to themselves and that they do it based on knowledge not just what they are told…..teaching them to seek out their own truth. We talk about Jesus, but we do so from the historical vantage point. I am a bit of a glutton for world religions and I read Greek and Hebrew, so that helps when dealing with historical Jesus and historical Christianity (which truly are different than religious Jesus and religious Christianity). I also teach Grace (as Zoe is not old enough yet) about the Goddess and the Oneness of the Universe and the Gaia Theory. She asks trees questions…she talks to the garden, she talks to ants and worms and whoever else she comes across….the kid, at four, truly understands the connectedness we all maintain no matter what our specie….ahhhh I ramble….so that is how I deal with teaching the children…

I think it all comes down to making ALL information available to our children so that they can choose wisely and for themselves. And teaching them to keep their minds open, but not sooo open that their brain falls out completely.

what you must see."
-Author Unknown

— Blaise Pascal

Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  8:47:19 PM  Show Profile
Bobbi,
Thanks for posting that link. I have read half of it and am saving the other half for tomorrow. I must get some sleep. But I am finding it very informative! Thanks again,
G

Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  8:50:13 PM  Show Profile
Here is some Moon Phase stuff from a link I like....

quote:
The phase of the moon has always been a big factor amongst many earth religions for working rituals and Magick.

The "Waxing" moon (from new moon to full moon)

When the moon is waxing (getting larger) it is a good time to do spells for new beginnings or for the start of a new spiritual journey. It can signify the birth of something new.

The "Full" moon

A time to bring Spells to fruition and strength. The Full moon can be very powerful and have a strong influence in spell craft.

The "Waning" moon (from Full moon to new moon)

When the moon is waning (getting smaller) it is a good time to work spells to banish or to end a situation. It is a good time to close a chapter in your life. It can signify the ending of something.

The "New" moon (no longer visible)

The New moon has been known as - Dark Moon or Black Moon. it signifies death, although not literally physical death, it is the last cycle of the moon. A good time to rid yourself of unwanted habits and things. A time for binding spells

The Quarters

From the new moon until the first quarter is called the first quarter increasing (the moon is getting bigger)

The new moon appears to be totally dark or that there's no moon out there this night. A waxing crescent is a light colored crescent on the right side of the moon.

From the first quarter moon until the full moon is called the second quarter increasing.

The first quarter can be seen as the right half of the moon is lit. The waxing gibbous is three-fourths of the light of the moon can be seen and this brings it to the full moon.

From the full moon until the third quarter moon is called the third quarter decreasing (the moon is getting smaller)

The waning crescent from the full moon can be seen as a dark crescent appears on the right side of the moon. The third quarter is that of the right half of the moon is now dark.

From the third quarter moon until the new moon is called the fourth quarter decreasing.

The waning gibbous is three-fourths dark and that brings to the new moon again.

By Anu Ninlil and Dawnrazor

Now is there anything else you would like to know about it all? I love her....she is beautiful and THE DAY I started paying attention to her, I became so much more in tune with myself and my environment. As a family, we keep Moon Journal. It is fascinating to note how we all react throughout the cycles....you come to anticipate certain moods on certain days. I even know that when the Moon is int he first quarter, my cycle willbegin and be done by the Full Moon!!! She truly is fascinating!

what you must see."
-Author Unknown

— Blaise Pascal

Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  8:54:16 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Tasha,
No worries! Am glad you are ok and know I ment no harm! As for what you said about how you are raising your girls I think that makes a lot of sense. And I LOVE that your daughter speaks to nature! I totally believe that we can communicate with Nature and Nature with us and I think it is beautiful that you have taught her to be open to those communications.

I also know what you mean about being in a "christian" home and having to hide. My brother has been practicing ever since I can remember and would always tell me that I was gifted and he could "see" my light or something like that....he was very found of me always. Unfortunately I am much younger so a space has been created by my father and my brother respecting that between us. But my brother told me while I was here in Japan to seek and find ways to help myself heal (because of my health problems) and we both knew he ment other then medically. I feel sad for him feeling so rejected by so many in my family for following a different path, and because I feel others so strongly have always felt his pain because of it. I hate that people claiming to be good can do such harm to others!!! So I am seeking..and one day hope to find a way that brings joy and strength and never ending love for the earth and those that dwell in it.

Hugz to all!!!

Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  8:56:01 PM  Show Profile
I love the moon too. I have written many stories about the moon. I don't express myself well in the adult arena, I guess I am stuck in a basic child's holding pattern. (my stories are child centered.) Great moon info...thank you,
G

Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  9:13:28 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Georgann, again no worries and thank you for your kind and soothing words and I did not think you hated men either so no worries there!

Kate, Thank you for your kindness, and yes of course we can disagree, I just would not want to harm someone doing it, and I hope I didn't!

Tasha, that was so interesting about the Moon, I have never heard it explained out simply like that, thank you for sharing that with us! Can you or someone practicing recommend a dictionary as it were of these practices that does not give chants and spells and such but will explain simply the why and how of things done such as spells and rituals and cycles of the moon... I am a bit timid to just jump in but so want to understand and think a simple book that explains like a dictionary would just in simple language the meanings and all would really help me alot! Thanks for any recomendations!!

Hugz to all always!!!

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  9:31:19 PM  Show Profile
I haven't a clue where to jump in on this topic. About the only thing I can say to start with is I do have a broom. Maybe I just don't know which way to sweep yet.
I suppose there are some that sweep back and forth and round and round all their lives, and those that have the gift to take that same broom and fly.
Remember BRING happiness where ever you go, its not even heavy!
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  9:42:12 PM  Show Profile
Nancy.....

My daughter Grace practices her flying spell daily!! ;)

As for books....I would really just go to either a book store or a new age shoppe and see what calls out to you....thats the best advice I can offer Re: books. I think I have only purchased one book upon reccommendation and that was Circle ROund by Starhawk, et al. It is a good book, though there are things in it I disagree with....it is a good book if you are rearing children, though....

what you must see."
-Author Unknown

— Blaise Pascal

Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  9:47:48 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Well said Nancy Jo!!!
Hugz!

Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  9:52:56 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Tasha...remember I can't do that I live in Japan and dont speak the language!!! we have a TINY book section on base and I will look there and see if they have anything. Thank you for the advice to see what calls out to me and when I get the chance to do that I will! Would the library have anything good? We have one on base but it is not a very good one and very old books mostly, but I will check and let you all know if I find anything!
Thanks Again!
Hugz!!

Edited by - Buttercup on Jul 19 2006 9:54:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  9:56:31 PM  Show Profile
i tend not to visit the library much....germy books and such....ew. but you could always look....what about shopping online?

what you must see."
-Author Unknown

— Blaise Pascal

Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  10:11:42 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
I totally shop online for books all the time, but since I can not look inside them was a little clueless on how to pick a good one..but you know what I am going to go and see what I can find...if it is horrible I can always make an altered book with it right?!? Thanks Tasha!
Hugz!

Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2006 :  05:47:29 AM  Show Profile
You girls have certainly been busy in my absence *grins* I am so glad that you have taken this discussion into such depths. It is interesting to read what each of you believe and it is such a personal matter. I am deeply touched that you have all opened up your souls to share with eachother. I am also thankful that we are all tolerant of eachothers beliefs.
Being raised in a house were religion was strong - my sister had a picture of Jesus she kissed so much he was dyed red - I had so many of the same fears of coming out and accepting my own heritage. But for all I have gone through in my life it has sustained me - along with my father's sense of humor.
Men hating? Well, now....I don't know - I just think women have been repressed for far too long and we are the new voice - I think all that this generation of women believe will carry on and that is important - we were given our minds and our voice for a reason and it has to be heard.
All that has been said on this thread is certainly food for thought and I have pondered it, and will continue to ponder it.
Now we all need to recommend some good books on all of the wonderful subjects that we have touched on - all religions too.
I miss all of you girls so much but have had little time to be on much except late at night, so that is probably when you will see me.
I think of you and your loving support daily though, it is helping me through some rough times....but I am a survivor and will weather the storm.
I had to put one of my older cats down yesterday, she had a stroke I believe and she was in kidney failure. Very hard to do, I hate doing it but I did not want her to suffer. So she has crossed over Rainbow Bridge to be with the others that have gone before her.
Keep me in your prayers.
Nancy Jo - I love you! all of you and Georgann I owe you a long email I have been very worried about you and not getting good vibes from your side - I hope you are okay
Love
The Traveling Gypsy of the Woods!
Kathy

Kathy of the Enchanted Wood
http://enchantedwoodmusings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2006 :  07:08:40 AM  Show Profile
Kathy~
I will be thinking of you. Losing a pet is so hard. I am very sorry.
When ever I have such heavy sorrow I repeat a mantra, I think it is from a song or something, but it really helps me....Peace, Be Still.
Love
Kate
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2006 :  07:26:48 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Enchanted Wooland Gypsy! I ache that you had to say farewell to a beloved friend. Toil seems to pile periodically in life, doesn't it? Just one blasted thing after another..a storm if you will and then the blessed calm.. I will envision a calm for you....

Buttercup, I'm still thinking about your perspective and biblical narrative and references.. I want to make some recommendations for reading for you, however...I think one of the most amazing resources is "Drawing Down the Moon" by Margot Adler. I would also recommend "The Spiral Dance" by Starhawk, who is a highly esteemed, world published writer and witch. I firmly believe it is human nature to read another's perspective and assume for oneself what applies and disregard what doesn't. I would recommend that you read her work with that in mind. Before pursuing any of this, however, it is my observation that you have some self-questioning left to do...namely, what exactly is your fear about reading spells and rituals? Do you think you will somehow be negatively infected if you do so? I would like to simply reassure you that reading a spell and participating in one is like night and day. You can read about a particular spell as one would read a recipe for a sweet cake and not have any real sense of what it will look like, taste like, or even smell like. You must engage the powers of imagination to guess what the outcome may be and even then, it is only when you participate, when you gather ingredients, mix them together, and cook them, do you have all your senses in place of what you have just created. A spell is no different... a prayer is no different.. a mantra is no different... We must put our thoughts, and words into a symbolic action for them to have any real meaning, hence the purpose for ritual...You have nothing to be afraid of by simply reading or glancing at a spell..you may be so surprised by what you see...There is so much goodness out there despite the fact that the world likes to capitalize on what's negative. Please don't worry, have no fear, let your intuition and imagination be your guide. I think you'll be pleasanty surprised at what you discover!
Many warm regards,
Julia Hayes

being simple to simply be
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2006 :  08:07:02 AM  Show Profile
Kate, Good morning! Let's talk cleansing shall we? First and foremost, to my mind, the most important thing to determine when cleansing is what exactly it is you are trying to clean, rid, disinfect etc..To say, "I'm trying to cleanse my home of my mother's negative energy" is something, really, mighty vague and yet this is something we all think and say constantly...Not about our mothers, mind you!What I mean is, how often have you heard yourself say or another say, "I just need to let go of that...or I need to get rid of that negative vibe.." etc, as if saying those words is enough. Lo' and behold, the energy remains and we are frustrated. I contend, the cleansing work has only just begun when one recognizes that something needs to be cleaned. So, the next step in cleansing some kind of negative energy is to ponder deeply what that energy is...make it 3D...give it form....consider the following; when I'm exposed to that energy, how do I feel? When I think about that person how do I feel? What wounds are inflicted? Does the energy have a color? Is it black, sticky, thick, or is it red, hot, flaming, scary and unpredictable? Is it yellow, sickly, lethargic and slow...green, perhaps...infectious, odiferous and noxious..etc. From where does this energy originate? If it comes from a particular person, why are they they way they are? Who are they? What has happened in their life to dictate such behavior and such energy and such karma? You get the idea...ask yourself many questions about what is it you are trying to clean and rid yourself of...

I always like to find a symbol that represents something I am trying to let go of.. This can take a long time, by the way. this process can take weeks if you let it and I would encourage you to do so... Symbols are not simply assigned..You don't just pick something representative...they come to you.. Here's an example; a friend of mine was completely disheartened that her parents were having to move out of the family home into a skilled facility. It was time but still very sad.. Memories of her growing up were being dismantled and what made matters worse was that her sister as executor of the estate decided to sell the family home rather than keep it in the family. So, all of those memories would be terminated. Her father would no longer have his beloved garden to tend..etc... She was deeply sad about the process and angry with the sister and wanted to somehow let go of that anger..transform it..because she was powerless to do anything...things were in motion and she simply had to sit back and witness. She had a choice; to either fume with anger and disappointment OR allow Life to unfold and find peace with the process. She chose the latter. I asked to think of something that represented the whole process here..the good and the bad..the wonderful memories and the sorrow of letting them fade in memory...It took several days but she was shopping in the grocery store and it hit her. She passed an aisle of sweet corn and remembered that her dad was masterful at growing corn in his garden. Everyone loved it.. a corn cob became her symbol. She brought it to the farm and we began our ritual. We didn't know what would happen...what she would consider as she gazed upon her corn cob and thought about the process involving her family... But,

Like in all my rituals, I first establish a place where I'm going to perform my ritual. I have a sacred garden, but also use my living room. I walk the area and breath deeply, concentrating only on the matter at hand. sometimes I sweep with a broom, sometimes I lay salt in a circle as I walk, sometimes I use flower petals, sometimes I use a rope...its always different... but I create a space... Next I welcome the energy of the directions; North, South, East, West, Sky, Earth...This is a long process to explain..the welcoming of directions... For me, each direction holds a particular energy and I would recommend that you consider what those directions mean to you.. When you stand facing North..what thoughts flood your mind? That is the spirit of that direction..honor it, welcome it and thank it.. Turn to the South..how to do you feel? What do you see? Whatever comes to your mind, honor it, thank it, praise it. and so forth.. You will soon be surrounded with an energy force you could never have imagined! So, I welcomed the directions and I asked my friend to talk about what she is trying to release..I asked her to take her symbol and describe it..assign metaphors...how Life as it is unfolding for her now is like that corn cob.. I asked her to put what it is she was trying to cleanse, release and let go of into that corn cob. She did so but not until many tears were shed.. She took a bite of her corn cob and repeated my words, " I release this energy into the fires of goodness for it has no power over me. I let this go and trust in Life's goodness and I am Blessed to Be." With a bowl full of flower petals I asked her to consider what kind of positive energy she would like to welcome after having released this heavy burden... She took a handful of petals, welcomed a positive thought and threw the petals in the air... We thanked the directions, bidding them farewell.. We walked our circle sort of chanting the positive energy she welcomed and ended our ceremony.

Cleansing and letting go is a mindful process.. as is most everything if we allow ourselves the time and contemplation. My point Kate is that when you are trying to cleanse something, your actions must be deliberate..your thoughts must be clear otherwise you will not be free. I hope this helps...

Enjoy your day.. The states are heating up this week...let's stay cool and in the shade!
Julia Hayes

being simple to simply be
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Holidays: Previous Topic Wheel of the Year/Sabbats/Celebrations Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page