Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Holidays
 Wheel of the Year/Sabbats/Celebrations
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Holidays: Previous Topic Wheel of the Year/Sabbats/Celebrations Next Topic
Page: of 17

Juliekay
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

237 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2006 :  08:37:22 AM  Show Profile
That looks awesome! You could put up some cheap plywood and paint murals on it for something cheap.

Julie
Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2006 :  09:11:11 AM  Show Profile
Great idea, but unfortunately, I am not artistically inclined - I still draw stick people lol

Kathy of the Enchanted Wood
http://enchantedwoodmusings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Juliekay
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

237 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2006 :  09:16:59 AM  Show Profile
Or you could put floral wallpaper on it. I just think your cabin looks great though. I always fantasized about a little tiny place just for me.
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2006 :  1:29:40 PM  Show Profile
I find it somewhat amusing that most of us thus far come from a Catholic background and that the two of us who posted pics of our altars have representations of the Blessed Virgin.

I love your beautiful blue altar cloth! It's such a beautiful color!

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2006 :  2:50:40 PM  Show Profile
This may come off as a little out of place here, but I do enjoy seeing your alters and reading about your respect for nature. My husband and I are actually athiests, but we use a lot of the same things, solsitices, equinoxes etc. To teach our kids about having a respect for the amazing power of nauture, life, death, and energy. The pagan holidays help to give an even deeper meaning to the traditional ones, especially when most of the traditional ones started with the pagan holidays anyway.

DH has got to be the least traditionally spiritual man to ever exist, but he even takes part in the things we do because he was raised to respect nature, he is so sad if he hurts something.. the other day he stepped on a caterpiller and felt bad about "taking a very small life".. to quote his mother when asked why she doesn't go to church, "I feel more spiritual when I spend Sunday morning walking on the butte than I ever have in church"

My upbringing was evangelical christian.. I think that the way religion is presented to a person effects the way they respond to it later on. Of the religions I have been exposed to I have never been treated as though I should be ashamed, or givin the extreme pressure to become "saved" (over and over again) by a Catholic... their gentle nature may be a reason why so many of you with that upbringing feel so comfortable looking at a broader picture than what you were originally presented with growing up.... something to ponder anyway..

:)

Thanks for the topic!

B.

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2006 :  3:48:32 PM  Show Profile
Lovely photos of the altars, and your cabin, Girls! I am pretty much a technotard, and I don't have a digital camera, so eventually I will get a picture of my altar...it is pretty traditional. I was thinking what a good idea a kitchen altar is, given that we spend so much of our time in there, and I realized I kind of _do_ have a kitchen altar. It is one of those "over the sink" shelf stands. And on it I have a few wee critters, a madonna, some jars of herbs, a candle, a sprig of oregano flower and a few other special things to me (a chicken egg cup and a penguin egg cup) and I thought that with a little bit more pondering and planning, I could intentionally make it an altar. So, thanks for the inspiration, and I'll post pictures when I can.
And for your cabin, Kathy, I kept a magazine article about small spaces of your own - and one of them was a gypsy wagon...I would LOVE to have a gypsy wagon, outfitted with a bed and shelves for books and my junks...I think the gist of the article was alternate summer sleeping spaces-if I recall correctly, there was mosquito netting in the door and the intention was to spend balmy summer nights in the wagon. I have always identified with gypsies. My dad was in the Navy and we moved often when I was a child and then I contineud moving a lot as an adult. But now, I think I'm staying in Spokane. On my city lot. Where I might even get a Gypsy wagon someday and maybe even chickens. Bright Blessings! Judy

The Rooster crows, but the Hen lays the egg. ~ Texas Proverb
Go to Top of Page

Juliekay
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

237 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2006 :  4:07:23 PM  Show Profile
I'm sure other people have seen them, but i know that the "kitchen witch" is very popular with the german people (my grandmother had one and she was lutheran and my friend's mother sent her one from Germany for her house and she's catholic). This probably is a tradition that predates religions as women were the magical kitchen witches, brewing up the magic of putting dinner on the table every night, healing the sick, and making the home a happy place. I think when I get my own house, I'd like to get a kitchen witch, so all my magic potions (food) turn out good!

Julie
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2006 :  4:31:40 PM  Show Profile
Julie, Talk to Frannie (the Cabin Creek one) She has this doll making class she does with a great pattern, and a kitchen witch would be the cutest thing to turn your doll into! In fact now that I have said it.. I might do a little kitchen witch doll myself!

B.

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2006 :  4:45:04 PM  Show Profile
You know, I think a lot of times altars com eoff unintentionally and I don't think you should mess with yours in your kitchen at all! It sounds lovely........

It is interesting to note, all over the Catholic community where I grew up, the women had "windowsill angels" and they had a saying on them, "HEre stands your windowsill angel, a gentle reminder to pray, have you said thanks for god's love in your life today?" It always made me think of kitchen witches....(German and English ancestry)

We have what I would call now, unintentional altars all over the place...like the picture I have of my witches and the birds and the tea cups and my owl....'twas unintentional. I think the things we collect that pay homage to some part of us or our history are altars...our shelves of photographs, paintings and drawings by the hands of children that are strewn on the walls (on paper of course)....they all are unintentional altars and are often more beautiful than those intentionally put together.

I follow no dogma. I am not a Wiccan and my altar would be "all wrong" to someone who was, I am sure....nothing is 'in it's place' by dogmatic standards, but everything has a meaning for me(on my altar in the ktichen) or for anyo member ofmy family on our altar int he livingroom....

Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2006 :  5:23:11 PM  Show Profile
I have really been enjoying this thread. Thank you for this lively discussion, I have learned so very much! Love the photos that have been posted.

Georgann
Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2006 :  6:20:46 PM  Show Profile
Judy I have seen a similar retreat done that is made from a vintage travel trailer and I think it was in country decorating ideas, I fell in total love with it - it is hard to find those trailers, but they do turn up - I just have to have a little space to call my own and I feel so centered among my special things.
I know I owe you a present and I promise to get it off to you, thanks for being so patient, times have been very rough for me these last few weeks but a major part of it has been very happy and there are exciting changes in my life. Please put me in your special prayers.
I love each and every one of you and will never forget the kindness you have shown me - it has helped me feel not so all alone.
Love you!
Enchanted Wood Goddess hehehe Kathy

Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2006 :  05:01:01 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
I too have had a kitchen witch since the day I set up housekeeping. I will try to post some pictures. Actually I have several! I noticed your tarot cards. My great granny read tarot and tea leaves but would never read for family. Her father sent her to New Orleans when she was just 14 to learn...how scared she must have been to go to the city alone! My family is Irish and holds many of the old beliefs. My husband's family is/was Catholic - all but him. So many of my family members are/were clairvoyants. So, so in tune with their surroundings. I never thought it was unusual until I got out in the world a bit and would say so. Most people think you are a little crazy if you believe in such things!!

This is a very interesting thread...keep it up!

Susan
Proprietress of Dahlem's Soapworks http://www.thesoapmaven.com

Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2006 :  07:01:27 AM  Show Profile
Susan - How are you feeling? Are you back working? I did not think we could keep you down for too long - I am glad to see you posting!
Love
K

Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2006 :  07:29:22 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
I am doing great. Week three was WONDERFUL...week 4 pretty BLAH. And no, I didnt over do it...just had a "spell" I suppose. But approaching week 6 I am not completely back strengthwise. I still get tired real easily...which is not like me at all. I usually slept 4-5 hours tops and then was good to go. Now I take my nap and go to bed early and sleep later. That is really my only complaint. I got a total release from my dr on week three - the only restriction I had was NO heavy lifting.

I am working just not my normal 12-16 hours a day.

Susan
Proprietress of Dahlem's Soapworks http://www.thesoapmaven.com

Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2006 :  10:20:52 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Kathy, not a problem with the teacup. You are in my thoughts that your troubles will soon be behind you. I think you're referring to the "teardrop" trailers - I saw an article about them also...and I would take one of those if it showed up before the gypsy wagon! I have always love small things, and miniatures, so I just love the teardrop trailers. Take care of yourself, you're the only one who can!
And Susan, with my hysterectomy, I thought I was doing so well and got my dr. to release me to go back to work after 5 weeks off instead of 6, and promptly found out how I couldn't hack an 8 hour day, even sitting, mostly, in the office. I would come home and fall asleep on the couch - so not me! So I went on half days for the next two weeks. Just take it easy and take any help you can get.
Hugs to all, Judy

Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2006 :  11:18:14 AM  Show Profile
Girls - I love you all so very much- you mean more than you know! I am doing well, better than I thought I could ever be.

Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2006 :  11:33:04 AM  Show Profile
Kathy, I am so glad to see that you are back in the midst of our forum(s) ... welcome back! WIshing you strength and good things always.

Jo
Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2006 :  1:41:16 PM  Show Profile
Looks like this gipsy vagabond should travel with a portable altar hehehe - you guys are my strength and I am honored to be a part of such a special group of women - You rock!
Kathy of the Enchanted Wood - and backpack lol - you will rest assured that I travel with my books and teabags - funny how we learn to gage what is really important in our lives isn't it?
Blessed Be
Did anyone see the DiVinci Code? What a treat it was to get out to the movies! Ewww, the new Johnny Depp movie comes out this week!

Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2006 :  6:53:41 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Ok...please bare with me!
I am not trying to be ignorant or a bother but what exactly do you all call yourselves or what beliefs do you follow? Some of what you said I believe, some I believe but stay away from because I have seen what it can become, and some I may or may not believe. I believe that you can comunicate with nature and that plants and animals understand you but that we as humans have lost the ability because of years of parting from that connection. I believe in God, but what to you is the "Goddess"? I do not have anything to do with Tarrot cards because I believe life is a journey with many choices and turns and though at the moment of reading the path I am on may lead to death or marriage or anything else, I may have, without the power of sugestion, chosen another path that may have not had that same outcome 30 seconds later but now due to the power of sugestion stay on a path that may end up harmful or bad thus not allowing the Great Spirit or God to lead me or to have the chance to be led but instead it dooms me to an end I may not have had. Does that make sense?? However, on the other side in terms of believing in Nature and being thankful for it and caring for it I totally believe in that!! And the alters ( I LOVED the little cabin and the bed and all but I would cover the walls so you dont breath in or get iritated by the insulation!) do you worship there much as a Catholic would? And wands and brooms??? what are the meaning and uses behind these?? Hope you all don't mind but I am very interested and curious and would love one or more of you to explain it to me..if you don't mind!?! Thank You!!!

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2006 :  7:34:26 PM  Show Profile
Buttercup, I'm going to jump in here for a bit...I like the description of "earthy Christian" and do believe in the Apostles Creed. I was raised Catholic and practice at this time. However, I do not think that Catholicism or any Christian practice rules out a respect for the natural world and the ability to learn from it. There was a TV movie or something some years ago about Jesus, and the disciples and the one thing that stuck with me from that was after Jesus was gone (ascended into heaven) Peter, I believe, called on Jesus' name to heal someone, and they got better, right in front of Peter, and he was stunned - that the "magic" of Jesus' name "worked." Even then, I think people were losing the ability to know the power within them and their connection to the earth/divine. (I do think Peter and the others got over it, eventually, with help from Spirit.) But I have been a party to incidences of telecommunication and have heard many tales from people I deem to be reliable that I cannot help but believe that we are capable of so much more than the popular culture gives us credit for. I have read on many occasions that humans only use about 10% of their brain power. What would happen to our earth if we used 100% of our brains? We all probably know people who can predict the weather far better than any meteorologist simply because they _pay attention_ to what is going on around them. And there are the woodsmen and woodswomen who can traverse a forest as surely as a doe and stay out of harm's way. I think it takes a conscious opening up to the wonders of our world, and that is my impression of what is being discussed here. I am lucky in that I know a couple different groups of Catholic nuns (in San Diego and Idaho) who are very open to the Native American religious practices and beliefs, primarily honoring Mother Earth, and honoring people and animals and plants and water and everything! These women have taught me a lot. As for "Goddess" - I think most people think of the Christian God as a male figure, as this is how it is usually portrayed - but I think of Mother/Father God - and since none of us really knows, and won't until we're dead and gone, I am comfortable with a feminine image of God...a nurturing, life-giving being. As well, the East Indian greeting of "namaste" has been translated as "the god in me honors the god in you." And I have no problem with that image either. If we are created in the Christian view in the image of God, the we are a part of God...and so namaste is perfectly natural. Okay. Please remember, this is one woman's opinion, but I hope it helps a little. I think if we paid more attention to the earth, the moon, the stars, the planets, the other people in our lives, we would all be a little closer to Paradise. Love and Hugs, Judy

Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2006 :  11:41:28 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Judy,
Thank you for taking the time to explain how you feel and believe!! I know the bible very well and know the story you are refering to! I too believe that there is so much we could do, but do not or are not able to because of the disconnection that happened. Oh and they say that most people only use 2% of their brain..so yes I can imagine!! And I do believe in miracles and more. I just was not sure about all the earth traditions and celebrations and alters and wands etc they were talking about and would love for them to be explained to me by someone that believes in them and/or uses them.And I am not sure what you are refering to by the "Apostles Creed". The Bible says the breath of God is in us, or in other words the life force of God, so yes I believe that to a certain extent (as much as can be with our flaws and choices) God is within us and in the Nature that surrounds us. And I also think namaste is a wonderful way to greet others. I also agree that we would be so much better off if we were more connected to Nature and cared for it better and learned from it...but there is still more that was mentioned here that I do not get. If anyone cares to elaborate more I would be thankful. And thank you again Judy! I think that many of the Native American traditons and beliefs are wonderful and we could learn so much from them! I think it is great that you had the chance to know such a neat group of Nuns and learn from them. And again thank you so much for jumping in and helping me see others point of view!!!!
Hugz Til Next Time...

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2006 :  07:55:10 AM  Show Profile
Okay, I guess, as a resident Witch, I will jump in here and explain a few things.

We celebrate what are called Sabbats....holidays, really, but in accordance with the changing seasons. We just got past Litha and our next is Lammas at the harvest.

I don't use a wand, but a wand is a means of extending, if you will, your arm in working magik. I do use a broom/besom. I use my besom for many things. I use it after I am done with ritual to sweep away the Circle, I use it when my MIL leaves to sweep out her bad energy (any negative energy, really). My daughter has one that she practices her flying spell with....she tries and tries and tries....one of these days she will get it. I have no interest in flying ;)

I am a dualist, whihc means I believe in God and Goddess. Male and Female both exist in nature for creation and I believe that we were created by a loving Goddess and a loving God, though not yahweh God of the Bible. Some Witches, my friend for instance, are not dualists. I can't explain her theology. I an only answer for me.

I believe the Goddess and the God are the life force all around us and in us and everything. It's the Gaia theory really. We are all part of one big living force, we are merely the caretakers of it.

I grew up Catholic. It seems a lot of Pagans either come from no religious background, or a background that carries liturgical formats in their worship. I still keep an idol of the Blessed Virgin and she is beautiful and loving and someone to whom I look up. I don't pay homage to her as I did as a Catholic though. She is more than that to me now. Then she was part of the holy family, now she is a symbol of the Goddess for me. She is still a symbol of sacrifice (having given up her life to bear the Christ child) and a symbol of love and endurance for me.

Satan or the Devil or whatever you want to call it, plays no part in my life or idealology. That is a Christian construct to explain away evil and I am not Christian. I am also not Wiccan. Not all Witches are Wiccan. I do not like dogma of any sort and Wicca is too dogmatic for me. I am purely a Witch. Magic is something in and around you and something you learn from life, not something you can learn in a book and by getting degrees and status in the Pagan community.

There are lots of tools I use daily, some of them are secret and only I know they are my magik tools.

I am raising my daughters to be Witches. I won't be hurt if they go a different direction though. I can't walk their paths for them. It would be arrogant of me to assume that for them. SHould the day come that they want to go to Mass or Temple or whatever, I will take them.

I celebrate the Moon, as she is beautiful. She orchestrates so much that happens here on Earth and effects each of us, even if we don't recognize it. I know when I will cycle based on what phase she is in, I know how my family will act based on her phase and the transits of planets, etc.

I do use Tarot for divination. They don't lay out a course for you, they simply are a guide to help you aim yourself in the right direction instead of making a bad decision. I also do scrying sometimes and use inscense for smoke divination. Its a focus point, really.

I have a cauldrun. I use it. I also have cheesy chinsy fake cauldruns for show, really. I also collect silly litle misrepresentaions of Witches. You know, the ones with the pointy hat and broom and creepy clothing....the traditional image of a Witch.

Um, I can't think of anything else off the top of my head, like I said, it's all inside of you....your daily life. It's sometimes, with some things, a little hard to articulate because for me it's common, everyday occurance.

What questions do you have specifically? It helps to have an agenda I guess....

"I would not interfere with any creed of yours or want to appear that I have all the cures. There is so much to know...so many things are true. The way my feet must go may not be best for you. And so I give this spark of what is light to me, to guide you through the dark, but not tell you
what you must see."
-Author Unknown

"Contradiction is not a sign of falsity, nor the lack of contradiction a sign of truth."
— Blaise Pascal

Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2006 :  11:22:40 AM  Show Profile
Buttercup - it is wonderful to be curious and no harm in asking questions - the only dumb question is the one not asked. I have long held the belief that paganism/Druidism was a beginning of religion before an actual "God" in the religious sense was on the scene.

Throughout time women have been persecuted by the men of religion - hense, woman is blamed for the original sin, Mary Magdelene was seen as a prostitute not a deciple of Jesus - Jesus favored Mary Magdelene and I also believe that women have been repressed for years especially by the Catholic religion.

I believe in a female/male aspect of a God - I also believe in the power of the earth and her elements, earth, water, fire, air, spirit - all of which without we would be nothing. Our life is sustained by these very things. The way mankind has destroyed so many of our natural resources (building and destroying natural habitats, destruction of the ozone, extinction of animals, etc), we are literally destroying ourselves.

Within the practice of witchcraft or what ever an individual may choose to call their practice of the craft - this is a very personal matter - there are certain tools that each individual may feel a connection or comfort with. For many years, I thought I would be struck dead in my tracks for having a belief different from the Catholic religion - as I have matured, I realize that even within this religion there are pitfalls and perversities. I for one, do not believe in self mutilation that is still practiced among some Catholics, I have never worshipped a devil and never plan on doing so. I have grown tired of organizied religions that constantly want money and hide it behind the word tithing and mega churches - I am tired of priests who have destroyed the lifes of many young people by molesting them. Not to say that there are not evil people among any religion, including the Goddess/Wiccan/Pagan religion but I honestly think much of what people hear is one sided -

I have never known a true witch to practice any kind of magic that would bring harm to another or do any sort of spellwork without the permission of the other person involved. All that I feel about my practice of religion is good, I am in tune with the natural world, i.e., trees, earth, moon etc, I have a special ability to communicate with animals, a gift from God - I use very little tools - my wand consists of a perfect tree branch that I circle over my altar for protection and setting aside my sacred space. I have to be honest here and tell you that when I go into a Catholic church I do not know what I am supposed to be doing from all the pomp and circumstance that goes on - should I kneel, cross myself, genuflect - sing ? - I am a free spirit and as Jesus did, I can go into my cathedrel of the woods and pray just as feverently as if I were in a cathedral- beauty surrounds my life daily, not just on Sunday.

That inner part of us that believes in magic, believes in things it cannot see (faith)it is what truly sustains us through life's most difficult trials.

Lack of imagination stifles us - smothers out our very soul. It is the wonder of things unseen that harken our hearts forward.
Silly to some perhaps, but then wouldn't we be calling all of Christiandom a hoax (the belief in heaven and hell)?

Okay, I am now stepping off of my soap box.

Blessed Be!

Edited by - EnchantedWoodsGirl on Jul 06 2006 4:57:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2006 :  12:06:53 PM  Show Profile
Well said Kathy!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2006 :  4:59:40 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Tasha and Kathy,
Thank you both so much!! I know very little really about these different beliefs. I grew up seeing a very bad side of many of these things but believe there is good and bad truth and falsehood in so many things in this life, so I wanted to know a good side of this. I have people in my family that read cards, talk to the dead and place bad curses (well some are supposed to be good but I don't like them because they are to make someone do something against their will), I have seen people taken control of by something evil and horrible and so on. But so much of what you gals were talking about I believe very strongly in. Maybe not to the degree that you all do but I still find a lot of good in it. Like being connected to Nature and caring for it and so on. Like the possibility of much more ability and power within ones self (of course I see it as God within us, but that is based on my beliefs) to be in tune with more around us and the possibility of channeling it to make our lives better and those around us as well. I guess I am just not sure. What is a witch exactly? Are there good ones and bad ones by choice or are the bad ones just ones that allow their gifts to be used by evil to cause harm? In your oppions, is being a witch a choice or a gift or both? Can anyone be a witch? Why would a person want to be witch? You see the people I know that practice such things it is because they enjoy the power of it and to me when you do something to have power over others it is evil. Are their people that are very in tune with Nature and care for it deeply and feel a conection to it that are not witches? and if so what are they called by your understanding? Oh my so many questions!!! So sorry!!! I just really love to understand things and understand others points of view and as I learn often change my own point of view. I love to learn! I think Tasha's quote by the unknown author sums up pretty much the way I feel. Thank You all so much for helping me understand these things and for your time and patiences with me!!!!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Holidays: Previous Topic Wheel of the Year/Sabbats/Celebrations Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page