Page: of 3

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2006 :  7:59:23 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Catherine,
Did you get your journal yet...it should be there soon!! Thank you so much for being such a doll and being so patient!! Hope it will be worth the wait!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2006 :  06:16:40 AM  Show Profile
I haven't received it yet, but I sure am excited! Got your letter in the mail yesterday and plan to read it over a cup of tea after the little one goes down this morning. (He's trying to "help" me type right now...) I will post as soon as I get it...and THANK YOU in advance!!

Catherine :)

http://yogurtandgranola.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2006 :  7:33:59 PM  Show Profile
Buttercup ROCKS! I just received my handmade journal from her today and what a treat!!!

It's covered in a gorgeous silky , brocade green fabric with pillow padding underneath...this book has PRESENCE!

The inside cover has this adorable little tag with wire bookmark:

And Talitha went even further in her crafty work and made these adorable little tags and pocket on the second page:

The tags all have wonderful quotes like:

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." -- James Dean

Then she wrote a beautiful letter to me on the next page and ended it with:

"May you always dream,
And may your dreams never end,
For to dream is to give life flight,
So soar my Farmgirl Friend!"

THANK YOU TALITHA!!! I will treasure this journal! I already have so many ideas for it...but I think the best one is to be my nightstand journal, right there when I go to bed and right there when I wake up!

Thank you so much! You are amazing!!

Farmgirl Love, Catherine

http://yogurtandgranola.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2006 :  9:07:49 PM  Show Profile
That is one fancy journal, and because of that I will not post a picture of mine, of couse I don't know how to post anyway. I will say mine is VERY plain. Maybe I should work on that for 2007. LUCKEY you Catherine and great job Talitha.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  04:40:37 AM  Show Profile
WOW what a wonderful piece of artwork!!! Aren't farmgirls just the craftist!!!! Thanks for sharing it with us! All farmgirls rock!

www.sageflowerfarm.blogspot.com

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  04:58:13 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Oh Catherine,
I am so glad you like it!!! Thank you so much for being so patient!! It was a joy to make and I am so happy that it got there and even happier that you are enjoying it!!
Big Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  05:05:45 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Nancy Jo and Sue,
Thank you so much..it was a pleasure to make...and Nancy Jo, please post! I am sure it is wonderful!!
Hugz,
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2006 :  09:29:35 AM  Show Profile
Talitha, that is absolutely exquisite, and I know it will be cherished for a lifetime! Farmgirl HIGH FIVE!!!! Nance
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2006 :  6:06:03 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Nance,
Thank you so much! You all have been so very kind!!
Hugz,
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2006 :  1:55:32 PM  Show Profile
I forgot to mention my thankyou on the forum to Karin....The book she made for me is just beautiful. I sent yours out today, in case you didn't get my email....I forgot to take apicture of it, if you could take one and send it to me, I would be grateful....

Ill post a picture of the one Karin made here in a minute...I am using it a a just mine Book of Shadows. I have bound it, blessed it and made it mine :D It's beautiful!!

"I would not interfere with any creed of yours or want to appear that I have all the cures. There is so much to know...so many things are true. The way my feet must go may not be best for you. And so I give this spark of what is light to me, to guide you through the dark, but not tell you
what you must see."
-Author Unknown

"Contradiction is not a sign of falsity, nor the lack of contradiction a sign of truth."
— Blaise Pascal

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2006 :  04:36:55 AM  Show Profile
Tasha, can't wait to see a pic of it, sounds lovely!

Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2006 :  07:50:52 AM  Show Profile
here you go!!

front cover

inside front cover

first inside page

and what I have done on the inside to make it a BOS since, you don't get to see, cause, well, that's secret!!

Thanks again Karin! It's just beautiful!!

"I would not interfere with any creed of yours or want to appear that I have all the cures. There is so much to know...so many things are true. The way my feet must go may not be best for you. And so I give this spark of what is light to me, to guide you through the dark, but not tell you
what you must see."
-Author Unknown

"Contradiction is not a sign of falsity, nor the lack of contradiction a sign of truth."
— Blaise Pascal

Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2006 :  08:39:31 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful!
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2006 :  11:20:35 AM  Show Profile
I love it!!! It's beautiful, thanks for sharing this wonderful keepsake with us, so creative too! I'm so glad this exchange has turned out so well, I love when we can share our talents!

Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2006 :  05:17:59 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Karin,
I loved the journal you made for Tasha!! It is so nice!! Thank you Tasha for posting the picture so we could all see! What a special book!!
Hugz,
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  12:11:29 PM  Show Profile
I went to my mailbox and what did I see? A nice little package from Tasha to me!! And inside of it is the lovliest journal- perfect for keeping tales of my everyday life. All through it are little sayings to lift and inspire. Tasha- you outdid yourself. I love it. I will post a picture to share as soon as I can ! Thank you, thank you!!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  3:06:13 PM  Show Profile
YAY!!!! I am glad you got it and like it. Gracie made me make one for her similar to it but pink...not quite the same so yours is special and ooak! I can't wait to see the pictures either!!! post post post!!!

what you must see."
-Author Unknown

— Blaise Pascal

Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  04:37:05 AM  Show Profile
Karin, you got to show it off!! Loved your little verse too! LOL

Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  05:30:40 AM  Show Profile
My camera had been MIA for a bit, soooo......
after finding it at my parent's house, (where I had been cataloging family history) I finally got the pictures on the computer!!
After downloading them, I realized that the cover only came 1/2 way through. Grrrrrrrr. Will try again on that, but in the meantime-
Here is Tasha's beautiful journal that she sent to me!!

Karin

Go to Top of Page

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  05:39:02 AM  Show Profile
These journals are neat.. I never thought of making one like this. I normally just write in mine....This is a "next project for me.....

newheart.
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  12:16:54 PM  Show Profile
Karin, what a treasure!! I love it!!! Thanks for sharing it with us! Way to go girls!

www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Reading Room: Previous Topic journal exchange? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page