junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  1:20:59 PM  Show Profile
Wow, all the way to Japan, I had no idea we have a farmgirl over seas! I'm so glad everyone is having fun with this, can't wait to see some journals!

www.sageflowerfarm.blogspot.com

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2006 :  04:51:58 AM  Show Profile
One more week to ship girls!! How are the journals coming along? I can't wait to hear how your decorating yours! Libbie, I'll be shipping yours out to you next week, just got to finish up a little! Everyone besure to post when your partner can be expecting there journal and besure to brag about it!

Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2006 :  05:37:08 AM  Show Profile
I'm shipping Buttercup's out today on my way out of town for the weekend! I'm pretty excited about it, but won't reveal any details so she can be surprised when it arrives (100% handmade!). I'll try to take some photos before mailing it! Ooh, this is so fun!!

Catherine
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2006 :  06:01:51 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Oh Catherine!! I am so excited and can not wait to see it!! Did you get my e-mail? I sure hope so. I am waiting on some special supplies from the states so I can finish yours! I will send it as soon as I can! Have a great weekend and I will post as soon as I get it!!

Hugz to you all!!

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2006 :  09:00:23 AM  Show Profile
Hi Buttercup, yes I got your email! Thanks for letting me know. No worries AT ALL on waiting for supplies, etc. I LOVE knowing that something beautiful and fun is coming in the mail!

Catherine
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2006 :  12:14:34 PM  Show Profile
Catherine, I'm curious now to see what you've come up with, I just LOVE the idea of one totally homemade, how neat, Buttercup your in for a treat! Do try to take a pic before sending, might have to steal your idea! LOL

Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2006 :  8:00:13 PM  Show Profile
Just so I am clear, do we purchase or make a journal for our partner then? Or do we send them one we made for ourselves? and they enter their design and note? I am so confused these days....

"I would not interfere with any creed of yours or want to appear that I have all the cures. There is so much to know...so many things are true. The way my feet must go may not be best for you. And so I give this spark of what is light to me, to guide you through the dark, but not tell you
what you must see."
-Author Unknown

"Contradiction is not a sign of falsity, nor the lack of contradiction a sign of truth."
— Blaise Pascal

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2006 :  8:01:58 PM  Show Profile
I will try to have it out by the deadline, but I am so confused that I haven't gotten started yet....:( I am terrible I swear it.....

"I would not interfere with any creed of yours or want to appear that I have all the cures. There is so much to know...so many things are true. The way my feet must go may not be best for you. And so I give this spark of what is light to me, to guide you through the dark, but not tell you
what you must see."
-Author Unknown

"Contradiction is not a sign of falsity, nor the lack of contradiction a sign of truth."
— Blaise Pascal

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2006 :  12:09:06 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Tasha,
Sorry it took a bit to answer...you can make OR buy one to send to your swap partner. Whichever is better for you and then just add a note to your partner inside to personalize it! I hope this helps!!!

Hugz!

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2006 :  07:55:57 AM  Show Profile
Tasha, thanks to Buttercup for explaining this, either way, it's totally up to you, just have fun with it! I bought a plain journal and decorated it and added things to make it more personal, what I hoped to create is a place for my partner to store all her private thoughts, ideas, little treasures and such, as a keepsake for her private time and for her kids to treasure.

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2006 :  04:45:51 AM  Show Profile
Ok crafters, tomorrow is the deadline to get your journals on their way to your parnters, if for some reason you can't mail by then, besure to notify your swap partner to let her know. Libbie, yours is going out tomorrow! I hope everyone has had fun with this, no better way to beat the heat! Happy swapping!

Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2006 :  11:53:30 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
I just got my beautiful journal from Cathrine today!!

It was such a hot and ugggy (word?!?) today and there it was in my box. I opened it up to find a neat material package tied with ribbon and a note tucked inside. In the note I found a sweet and lovely letter from Cathrine to me. As I untied the ribbon and unwrapped the material, I found a wonderful book made from handmade paper with a sweet center complete with lace and a saying plaque in pewter that says "Little by Little day by day friends and flowers grow this way". Inside she placed a hand made placard that says "This Farmgirl Journal Belongs to" and then has my name with pretty decorations on both sides and then at the bottom it says "Capturing her dreams, hopes, daily musings, and ideas" When you turn the page you find soft brown paper the color of hot cocoa with lots of milk! The paper is so smooth and wonderful to touch and each page is hand stiched into the book she made just for me!! On the very back she placed another placard with her business name (?) and her name saying it was handmade by her. The covering of the book is made from what seems to be handmade paper with swirls of twine and string in soft subtle colors of greens and yellows. It is so lovely!!!! I will treasure it always!!

Thank you so very much Cathrine!!! It means the world to me!! I promise to have yours out soon (hope you got my e-mail) and hope it will bring even half as much joy as getting yours brought me today!! If you have a picture of the journal you made for me and know how, please post one so the girls can see...if not I will see if I can learn how so I can post one here to share!

Hugz to all!!!!

Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2006 :  11:56:31 AM  Show Profile
Oh Buttercup, I'm so glad that you liked it! It was really fun to make. Here are some photos:

The "business card" in the back is totally new! I'm working on getting some things ready for my little Etsy shop (grand opening this fall!) so I whipped that together. I hadn't done any bookbinding in years so it was really fun to re-visit the craft and try it out again!

I can't wait to see what you will come up with! I just know it will be beautiful, thank you for the time and effort! Farmgirls are the best.

Catherine

Edited by - cmandle on Jul 22 2006 12:23:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2006 :  1:49:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh how sweet!! It's just beautiful, a treasure to enjoy for generations!! Thanks for posting a pic for us all to see! I just love it!

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2006 :  11:35:42 AM  Show Profile
Has anyone else got their jounals yet? I can't wait to hear about them and maybe steal some cool ideas? Share your new treasure with us!

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2006 :  12:56:20 PM  Show Profile
I got my beautiful new journal from Lisa (glorybee) and will take pictures soon. It is so pretty and has so many creative and wonderful things about it. I am just awestruck!! I wish i were half as creative. I am sure hers isn't to her yet..I was late mailing it out.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2006 :  04:37:36 AM  Show Profile
Aunt Jenny, it sounds just wonderful, I'm curious now!

Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  12:36:59 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Lisa it sounds just wonderful! I cant wait to see it and the one you made!! Poor Catherine has been waiting for hers, I waited for some supplies from the States and now it is done but haven't made it to the PO..I need to hurry!! I hope it will be there to greet her when she gets home from her trip!!

Will wait to see photos and hugz to all!!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  04:36:14 AM  Show Profile
Lisa, what a special book! It sounds wonderful, I sure hope you can post a picture, gotta see it! The apron sounds lovely too, Aunt Jenny, you outdid yourself!

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  06:59:55 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh, wait until you see the one Lisa made..mine sure pales in comparison. It was fun though. The apron is from the harvest apron pattern in MaryJane's book. Everyone needs an apron!!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  10:48:45 AM  Show Profile
I agree with you Aunt Jenny, everyone needs a apron or two, can you believe I only have one! I really need to start collecting some, I"d love to find some old ones with vintage fabric! Can you post a pic of the journal you got from Lisa, we'd love to see it?

Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2006 :  8:31:46 PM  Show Profile
Now that I can post photos, I'd just LOVE to share one of the really cute Farmgirl journal that I received from Junebug - it's going to be just perfect for jotting down all of those funny little things that a new baby does!

Thank you, Sue!!!!!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  01:29:21 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Libbie,
Thanks!! Such a cute journal!! I love the style of it! Nice job Sue!!!
Hugz!

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  04:43:32 AM  Show Profile
Libbie, so glad you got it, and liked it! I've got more ideas now since this thread, can't wait to make more! Thanks Buttercup, they are fun to make and give!

Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  3:38:30 PM  Show Profile
Tasha- Just wanted to let you know that I mailed yours yesterday while on the way to see my Dad. It should be there in just a few days!! Sorry it is sooo late.

Karin
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Reading Room: Previous Topic journal exchange? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page