Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Gathered Up
 Gather up for the Farmgirl Good News Report!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Gathered Up: Previous Topic Gather up for the Farmgirl Good News Report! Next Topic
Page: of 3

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  8:41:42 PM  Show Profile
Well, here's some good news! We've been having such beautiful, spring-like weather these past few days that the kids have been out playing football in their shorts! I even had a window opened all day today just to let the fresh air in - and boy, did it smell good! I got a good look at our garden this morning, too; there are a whole bunch of carrots, onions and garlic bulbs out there growing that are left over from plants I thought I'd "lost" last year! How wonderful to see all the bright, hearty green popping up! Signs of life! The best part is that our beloved dog, who has been having some real problems with her hind quarters and legs, has actually been feeling so well this week that tonight is the third night she has made it all the way up the stairs to the second floor at bedtime! She's so proud of herself, too! :) I know this little snow hiatus is sure to end soon, but what lovely gifts this shot of fresh spring air has brought with it - like a wink and a smile from God! ;) Happy days, girls! Happy days! - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  9:29:01 PM  Show Profile
Good news galore at our house! My daughter got engaged on Valentine's Day, which we didn't see coming but are certainly excited about it and today (the 18th on the east coast) my Dad turns 92 and is doing great! He and my Mother still live in their home, take care of each other, and are very active still gardening, still active in their church, and constantly bringing joy to their 6 kids, 11 grandchildren, and 13 great grandchildren! Oh to be so lucky when I'm that age!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  9:48:00 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Ginny! WONDERFUL news! Congratulations on your daughter's engagement! And I am thrilled to hear about your parents, too - what a blessing to live such long, healthy lives and be surrounded by such a large, loving family! That news REALLY makes my day! God bless all of you! - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

Rejena
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Rejena
WY
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  05:16:55 AM  Show Profile
It is going to be 50 degrees here in Millville, PA today. The snow and ice are melting and I am SO HAPPY to report, we've caught a Possum in our trap this morning. Yea!

www.violetacresfarm.com
"Kid Run Boer Goat Farm"
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2011 :  2:07:53 PM  Show Profile
Hello Girls,

I just found this thread. How encouraging and a reminder of ALL the blessings the Lord gives us :)

Today was such a sweet day. A little boy at church came up afterward and gave me a hug and said "Thank you for teaching me Miss Sharon" Made my day! I just love teaching the kids :)

One of the ladies from church also blessed me with a bar of homemade soap and an offer to help out in Sunday School (which would be wonderful because there is such a need)

Nini,

Spring-like weather? That's good news for you :) Aaargh it's snowing here today BUT it is so beautiful to see the snowflakes wafting through the air and lightly covering everything. With the snow brings my little Junco friends, so sweet watching them at our feeders :) I am happy to hear that your pup is doing good, I know what that is like. Ours loved the chewable Glucosamine :)

Ginny,

Congratulations on your daughter's engagement!!! How exciting! And I loved reading about your family, a blessing for sure :) Oh btw I LOVE Harvey!

Rejena,

How are you with trapping Prairie Dogs? Can I interest you in a trip to SW Colorado? :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2011 :  11:49:59 PM  Show Profile
Sharon! That is SUCH a sweet story about the little boy! Moments like that are priceless - I love it! :)

The vet did mention Glucosamine for our dear old girl, too. She's been doing a lot better (although not perfect) since the weather has been better. She lost all bladder control - or at least seemed to - a couple of weeks ago, so the vet gave us a chewable pill for her. It's been working really well. She thinks it's her vitamin or something, and she's thrilled when we pull the bottle out of the cupboard for her! It's been such a blessing, truly!

I have some pretty neat news to share:

I received a wonderful surprise: Meg and MaryJane sent me an incredible package of goodies as a congratulatory gift for being FGOM! Such AWESOME surprises! I don't want to ruin anything for future FGOM, so I won't go into detail; but they did sent a Baker's Creek Seed Catalog (which really blew me away, because I had requested it online, but they were "out" of catalogs for the season!), which I am especially excited about! It is so great to have all the information right there in my hands instead of having to flip all around their website to find what I'm looking for! This was just the springboard I needed to finish my garden plan and order my seeds! They're here now, and I'm ready to go! Tonight we went out and bought the ingredients to make MJ's potting soil recipe, and tomorrow, the seed planting begins! Yee hah!

I also receved a BEAUTIFUL handmade card from Carole in AZ congratulating me on being chosen FGOM! It really made my whole day! She's a very special and extremely talented farmgirl sister - that's for sure!

Also, A friend of my husband's gave us a set of six dining room chairs over the weekend - they're beautiful! Really high backs, padded seats and backs... They're a little more modern than the other furniture we I have, however they are pristine white and in absolutely lovely condition. I love that shabby chic look, so now I've got an excuse to paint the rest of our dining room furniture to match! What a difference a nice set of chairs makes! I am absolutely thrilled! My parents are coming in for Easter, and my brother and his family hope to join us, too... If everyone makes it, that'll be 11 of us! If by some miracle my sister and her kids can work it out, too, we'll have 14 for the weekend! She's out in Denver, though, and it is SO expensive for them to fly; but I'm a forever optimist - it could happen! ;) In any event, I told my Mom it looks like God's helping us prepare for an Easter house full! I'm so excited - I can't WAIT!!

Our son took his PIAT's (standardized tests) and scored super duper high on them. We're thrilled. He says he wants to continue with homeschool through high school, and wants us to use a really intense, but extremely educational program for his high school curriculum! I almost fell over in my chair! We used that program last year for the first time and it was SO much work - he complained the whole time! But now he says he realizes the education he received last year was so much better and more interesting. My DH and I are absolutely blown away by his observation and request - our boy really is growing up! It's going to be so much more work for both of us next year, and it will probably take me a good portion of the summer to prepare, but it is totally worth it! This is, after all, why I do what I do! Yes!

Another neat bit to share is that our foster son and daughter are starting to search for a home to buy...They're not in a rush, but they're definitely looking! They've got their eye on one just one street over and down a little ways from our house, so I'm pretty excited. She and I drove by it the other night, and her eyes just lit up as we took it in. It'd be so nice to have them move closer so we could all see each other more often. I am praying! I am praying!

AND the best news for last: I went to the eye doctor yesterday... When the doctor did the exam he found that my eyes are actually improving! My new prescription is less strong than the one I have now! I am sooooo grateful! It has taken some time (I've been having vision issues since we were rear-ended in an accident about three years ago), but I'm just really, really happy that my eyes are getting back to normal. Patience and faith - that's been my motto! :)

So what's going on in your neck of the woods, girls? Any good news to share?! I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2011 :  5:05:26 PM  Show Profile
Great news to share! My foster daughter called today - she was accepted into the nursing program at the college! She had been a nervous wreck waiting for the letter, and now all we can do is call each other and screech with excitement into the phone! I'm so proud of her. I keep telling her that I just know someday she is going to be running a hospital. She's so smart, so grounded, so strong - a real hard worker. She can do whatever she sets her mind out to do! I'm sooooo proud of her and sooooo excited about what this education will mean to her and her family! What an exciting time in her life! I'm so happy for her! :) Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2011 :  4:10:29 PM  Show Profile
I'm kinda new here and just surfing the chat rooms, so I clicked on here. How I needed this today. How I needed to read these posts and see those baby lions. I try to live with "an attitude of graditude" daily but some days it is easier than others.
My DH & I moved to FL 5/10 to be closer to my Dad who is ill and needed placement in an ALF. He has dementa and lots of health issues. Anyway, I didn't have a job for 3 months and no healthcare until March. I know this all sounds bad but today that's what I'm grateful for-that I see my Dad often and he is safe..that we live in a beautiful area in FL..that I have a job..AND that finally, I have healthcare again. I saw my doctor today and my EKG was totally normal.
I think of all the people in this country who have lost good jobs over the past 3 years..all the people who may be employed and still not have healthcare..my heart goes out to these people and again I'm grateful for what I have. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  11:38:31 AM  Show Profile
Joey - your attitude and perspective are absolutely phenomenal! You're a True Blue Farmgirl at Heart! I'm so glad yoy've found a job with insurance AND that you received a clean bill of health with your EKG! But I'm especially glad for the time you get to spend with your Dad. Time like that is absolutely precious. What a great daughter and son-in-law you both are - blessing your Dad with a move closer to him! May many blessings come your way for your love and devotion! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - May 08 2011 :  7:43:59 PM  Show Profile
I just found this topic at the end of a lovely Mothers day. Trying to get the garden all planted. It is 150'x50' and a job. My 15 yr old daughter walked out and said "Mom do you want some help?" That was a great gift. Not "news worth" so maybe doesnt fit in here but blessed me anyhow
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - May 08 2011 :  9:17:31 PM  Show Profile
I think that's AWESOME, Lea! What a great kid!! Mom's definitely doing something right! :)

I feel all discombobulated from planting the rest of my garden today - ouch! I have pains in places I never knew existed! And I thought that the LAST time I was out there! LOL!!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, GIRLS!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Gather up for the Farmgirl Good News Report! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page