Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Gathered Up
 Gather up for the Farmgirl Good News Report!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Gathered Up: Previous Topic Gather up for the Farmgirl Good News Report! Next Topic
Page: of 3

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3317 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3317 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2011 :  8:18:51 PM  Show Profile
Today on this date January 13....Wham-O Company produced the first Frisbee (1957)

Now close your eyes and imagine a warm summer day-barefoot in freshly mown grass and tossing that Frisbee around with your favorite "furry" four legged friend...

The good news is the days are getting longer and summer can't be far away-
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2011 :  9:43:14 PM  Show Profile
Now that's what I'm talking about! You GO girls! Keep these wonderful stories coming!

Oh, Melody! You're so right! And what about running through the sprinkler, ice-cold lemonade, floppy sunhats and big, neon-funky sunglasses! I can almost hear the heat locusts now!!! Soon friend, soon! :)

Laurie - I can't wait to read your book! :) And I loved the way you helped neighbors connect. Sometimes life keeps us so busy that we forget others can be suffering deeply in loneliness, or just in want of a familiar face and a kind word now and then. I'm sure that your get-together was a grand time, and I'm sure you brought a lot of life and joy into the hearts of those who were there! Kudos!

Margo - goosebumps...they sure can be a good thing! ;)

Rejena - I can just imagine Sydnee's smile, and how greatly her confidence rose that day! God bless her heart! Awesome!

Melody - Your story about Hannah had me welling up with happy tears! Sounds like you've got a great group of people out there in your neck of the woods! And I wish you all the success for your 2011 shows! I know they're going to be great!

Amy Grace - There's nothing like a nice morning at home with the family! Those are my favorite mornings of all - and big breakfasts along with them! :)

Elizabeth - that scarf must've touched your sister's heart like a much needed, long-awaited warm hug. That was such a loving gesture! May this be the beginning of a happy new chapter in your sister story! :)

Diane - the story about Walker was just such an uplifting story! How kind, loving and generous all those people are! And I love the term "furever home" - I'm definitely going to use that!!! Also, the youth center is such a great thing - kids need wholesome, fun places like that, especially at that age when they are trying to find out who they are and what their place is in this world. That's awesome news!

Linda - I can just picture the sparkling white snow! I can't help wonder what it is that truly takes my breath away in winter - the icy cold chill in the air, or the beauty of creation surrounding me! When it snows here, we love taking a drive up towards the mountains... When the sunlight hits just so, the daytime scene is simply dazzling; and in the moonlight, the woods are simply aglow. One imagines that Jack Frost himself has dropped by to meticulously frost every branch on every tree. It's a magical winter wonderland! The art of nature - truly a wonder to behold!

Teresita - That's an awesome link! Thank you! I'm just so, so happy about the Congresswoman's progress! This truly is an amazing miracle to watch unfold! Did you see her best friend interviewed with Brian Williams tonight? The woman's face was absolutely alight with excitement, amazement and utter joy at the amazing strides in recovery of her dear friend! Talk about uplifting! YES!

Claudia - we farmgirls sure do know good when we see it - and we definitely see it flowing from your heart! Congratulations, sister! I'm so happy for you! You're always a light in our lives!

I just love these posts, girls! Thank you for sharing! Please keep up the good work!

My grandma always said that we can do anything we set our minds out to do! So, together, let's keep "spreading the sunshine!" :)

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Jan 13 2011 9:47:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Rejena
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Rejena
WY
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  04:17:14 AM  Show Profile
Excellent job Laurie,
Best of luck!
Rejena
quote:
Originally posted by Montrose Girl

I've been working on a trilogy for years now. The joys of first novels. I finished the third the end of Novemeber after some very tough critiques. I knew I needed to go through them all again. I had learned some things since I had last worked on the first two and there were consistency issues I had to deal with. Yesterday I completed the first book. Whew, and I have started sending out query letters to agents.

Thanks for the topic. It's helping me remember the little things, too.

Laurie

http://www.inntheorchardbnb.com/

www.violetacresfarm.com
"Kid Run Boer Goat Farm"
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2011 :  09:18:51 AM  Show Profile
Keep hearing that the congresswoman continues to improve daily!!!

Had a fun morning-making my bedroom into a prairie, farm, cowboy decorated space. Loving the little things I am getting done!! Have a blessed day!!

Blessings, Linda

http://www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2011 :  09:45:16 AM  Show Profile
Ooooh! Please post pictures, Linda - if you can!!! Sounds AWESOME!!! :)

I've got good news, too! 'Received a wonderful, unexpected email very late last night from farmgirl sister Sharon, which absolutely made my whole night, and THEN this morning I received a wonderful letter from our farmgirl sister, Hannah, which made my whole day! Thanks, girls - I've been thinking of you, and it was so great to hear from you both!!! I just love surprises like that, don't you!?

Big hugs and a happy birthday today to you, Hannah!!! :)

Happy, Happy Day!

- Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2011 :  10:22:59 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful sunshine and warmer temperatures on all our snow. Closer to Spring! Yeah!

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

"Half of success is the assurance of support along the way." cr
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2011 :  11:05:24 AM  Show Profile
Hi sisters!

Claudia - you've inspired me! I absolutely LOVE the beautiful picture of the flower (rose?) you've posted with "happy birthday" wishes to Hannah (Maggie14)! We've got a nice little virtual bouquet started there, sister!

Wouldn't it be a wonderful new farmgirl tradition of posting virtual bouquets for each other whenever the occasion calls for it!? What a simply lovely way to spread sunshine and share the love!

'Just makes you smile, doesn't it? And THAT'S a good thing!! :)

- Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Jan 15 2011 11:05:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2011 :  12:11:58 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Making Valentines for all the farmgirls in the swap and the ATC swap . . . LOVE having my card making/papercrafting stuff around me and enjoying the creative ideas that roll right out my fingertips from my brain . . . and my heart!
I thank the Lord for the creative "thinker" He has given me . . and the ability to express it, make it and share it!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2011 :  1:45:55 PM  Show Profile
Nini...isn't that a different flower? It is a POPPY! There are 2 ( a red one too) that showed up on the sidehill of our newly built garage. It looked pathetic back there, so I transplanted some vinca monor with blue flowers to use as a ground cover, & help hold the ground in place until it became firmly settled. To my surprise, these lovely flowers showed up. I praised God for His wonderful bouquet. Maybe a bird dropped the seed or something else. I have other poppy seeds, but none like these. I think it is a grand idea to have virtual bouquets... a lot of us have pictures of our posies that we could give someone on a birthday, those who are ill....someone new. the list could be endless! Anyway, I will include a picture of the red one, if I can find it. :0)

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3317 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3317 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2011 :  2:56:51 PM  Show Profile

Did you know that today is National Hat Day??

Gotcha!-Made you smile!

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.bythebayhandcraftedsoap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2011 :  05:42:45 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
This isn't a "flower" but it is the MOST SPECTACULAR Colorado Blue Spruce tree more than 20 feet tall at the end of our driveway and I can see it out my east windows. It was a brand new "baby" tree in 1994 and planted in the shade of another dedicious tree until it was established. In July of 1994 we had a HORRIBLE fire (arson) that took out our house and all of our trees.
This tree was only 18 INCHES tall and badly burned. We nurtured it and my hubby trimmed the damaged parts off the next spring . . it was sooooo misshapen.
But it grew into thie perfectly symmetrical tree, tall, strong and stunning. I call it our "MIRACLE TREE" because it is and all that came out of that horrible fire experience was truly a miracle. We saw God's hand in EVERYTHING through that very stressful "trial by fire". GOD IS GOOD!!!!
CJ

Took this picture right after Christmas and a HUGE snowfall . . and the Colorado Blue Spruce is my favorite tree!! We have others we have planted in our yard.

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2011 :  8:54:20 PM  Show Profile
CeeJay....I love the tree and your story. You are right! God is good!

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2011 :  10:22:57 PM  Show Profile
CJ - I've been working on my Valentines' swaps, too. I'm just like you - loving all the papers and embellishments and tools. Let the creativity flow! And your story about the tree - inspirational! I love your reference to this as "trial by fire..." I'm truly so sorry you had to experience all of that, but I am so encouraged by your story and how you - and the tree - came through! What a beautiful, living testament to God's grace and mercy, that He is truly ultimately in control, and that all things truly are possible with Him!

Claudia! That is a BEAUTIFUL picture! I love the color! I had no idea it was a poppy! Very, very pretty! What a great surprise it must've been to have them just pop up like that! Thank you for sharing!!!

Melody! Who is that adorable doll baby? Oh my gosh! Just look at those eyes! SO adorable!!!

My good news for today is a little silly, I suppose, but I'm going to share it anyway: For months now, probably because I'm getting older and my "chemical make-up" is changing (wah), I have had a horrible time using any type of cleanser or moisturizer on my face. For years I've been an avid Mary Kay girl, but now anything I use - even their products for the most sensitive of skin - has been making my face red, bumpy, itchy, burning... it's been awful. I can't even use "natural" hand cream or body lotion on my skin anymore without it burning like crazy! I've been trying a few different natural things to help my complexion, but even some things like honey have caused me grief. I recently came across a simple cleanser recipe using nothing more than Aloe Vera Gel and whole milk (I use 1% milk mixed with half and half, because that's what I buy), with a follow up of vitamin E oil as a moisturizer. It sounded gentle enough, so I tried it - and you know what?! It's WORKING! No itchies, burnies, bumpies or redness... My skin is as smooth and soft as a baby's bottom, and has a really pretty, natural glow! And my wrinkles (although they aren't very pronounced yet) seem not to be so evident! Something so easy and so natural! Whodathunkit? I'm thrilled! Yay!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2011 :  11:32:58 PM  Show Profile
We had the coolest thing happen this morning! When we got up, the snow had been falling heavily all night. I was NOT looking forward to shoveling in the sub-zero weather, but you gotta do what you gotta do! My son and I got all bundled up, filled up the salt containers, grabbed the shovels and headed out. As we proceeded to walk out the front door, we were greeted by the most beautiful sight: an almost entirely clean walkway and sidewalk! Someone had used their snow blower at some point in the early morning to clear off not only the path and sidewalk of our home, but also that of the neighbors on both sides of us, and those of the three neighbors' homes directly across the street from us! I think I literally squealed with delight! What a wonderful, wonderful surprise! And the most amazing part is that neither one of us heard a dang thing! I'm so grateful to our special "snow angel" for this most excellent RAOK! I just wish I knew who to thank! :)

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13618 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13618 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2011 :  06:58:49 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Well, Nini . . . I wish I could say I did it . . .but it wasn't me!!! I live clear across the country from you. But it is truly a BLESSING when someone does things for you like that. It helps you remember that there are CARING, KIND people out there who WANT to serve others.
CJ

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2011 :  10:37:57 AM  Show Profile
Annika's back! Now THAT's good news! :)

And we didn't get hit by the big snow they were predicting last night... THAT's good news! :)

AND the sun peeped out from behind the clouds for a couple of hours this morning, shining a bright sparkly glow all over the crystalline snow. THAT's good news!

There really are a lot of good people out there, CJ, you're so right! I think that's why this forum is so important. Sometimes, just being reminded about that fact can really help us get through a tough day! :)

Big smiles and warm wishes for lots of happy moments and blessings - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2011 :  10:43:42 AM  Show Profile
One more - as of this very posting, there are just 57 days and 5 hours remaining until spring! Now THAT's good news!

Monday, March 11th... I'm marking the calendar and counting the days!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  9:26:33 PM  Show Profile
Okay, girls - what's the good news in your little corner of the world? I know there has to be SOMETHING to report!!!

I was reading a post by Melanie in IN: How do you shake negativity? It got me to thinking, and I wanted to share, but my response wasn't an appropriate answer to her dilemma. She was facing difficulties in a place, not with people. So I thought this might be a good place to share! It's not news, per se, but it's "good," anyway!!!

I do pray, of course, like Cindy said in Melanie's post - that helps tremendously, for sure!

But wanna know my secret for clearing negativity out of a room? I bring donuts! LOL! NO KIDDING! Donuts work every time! Or cookies... or cupcakes... or brownies... or Ooo! Ooo! M&M's!!! I learned this secret from a former boss years ago, and it hasn't failed me yet. Whenever tensions in the office ran high, suddenly she'd show up with coffee and donuts or pastries, and the mood would suddenly change. I also remember my mom and dad did this occasionally for the guys who worked at their service station when I was a kid, too... If the guys were miserable working out in the sweltering summer heat, Dad would suddenly show up with take out sundaes for everyone. If people were cold and miserable in the sub-zero snow - there was my Mom with a big grin on her face, passing out paper cups full of hot chocolate and marshmallows. They didn't do it all the time, they'd just do it when it seemed tensions were sky high and someone was going to blow. Worked like a charm every time.

There's just something about being treated with a treat that begets smiles and a lighter-heartedness... it just seems to take people's minds off of what's ailing them. As a matter of fact, when my DH is dealing with stress at work amongst the contractors, I tuck a big bag of Peanut M&M's in his lunch box (seasonally appropriate colors when applicable, of course!). I never have to speak a word: they simply serve as a gentle reminder for everyone to share and play nice. Makes him laugh, and the guys seem to enjoy jokingly hoarding and wrestling for the the bag between passes. It breaks the tension, you know? Just imagine the look on their faces last week when he opened a big pink bag of Valentine M&M's! I'm so bad!!! ;) LOL!

And when it comes to getting rid of a foul feelihg that might be lingering inside of me personally, sometimes I'll just pick up the phone and call an old friend to catch up and clear my head. Other times, I head to my boxes of craft supplies and create... Or I'll pick a room and clean... Or I'll pick a project on the "to do" list and concentrate my energies there! I'll even make a special meal that my mother or grandmother would make when I was a child - comfort food, you know? Somehow, all these options have a way of making me feel better.

So, what do YOU do to help you "feel good" when things are going anything but good?

Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  04:25:00 AM  Show Profile

Just wanted to share a beautiful tulip from last years spring. Looking forward to this year's spring.
Also, I received the cutest Valentine apron from CJ! A half apron made from a vintage valentine print with a little pocket that held a special valentine. She sent it to me "just because". She is the best!
Also, wanted to brag about our Green Bay Packers going to the Superbowl! My Dear Departed Dad raised me as a Packer fan and watching them always brings me back to when he was alive. He would be so proud of them this year.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  07:01:19 AM  Show Profile
We've had a relatively mild winter this year. The sun has been out more than not. For me that is huge as I heat as much by passive solar as I can and turned my heater down to 60 a few weeks ago and haven't touched it since. I love the sun!

Laurie

http://www.inntheorchardbnb.com/
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  08:32:30 AM  Show Profile
Sun has been shining for several days.....HOORAY!!! I enjoyed the 'positives' in the President's speach last n ight and the Congresswoman seems to slightly improve daily!!
Ladies, would love to post a pic. Can someone tell me in 'ol lady lingo' he he he, how I could post a pic here from my phone?? Thanks!!

Blessings, Linda

http://www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  08:47:06 AM  Show Profile
Diane, I'm a little behind and I just saw your tulips. beautiful. really needed that today as it is really foggy here. CJ is such a dear to send you a gift...just because...and that you acknowledged her too. That is such a neat thing to do..a true sister's love. :o)

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  09:27:08 AM  Show Profile
Laurie - we're having a rainy drizzly day today, but it's so good to hear you're having a mild winter! One of my friends from Rhode Island is already suffering major depression, having been hammered with all that snow and more on the way!

Diane! Those tulips are beeeautiful! Please post a picture of the card, if you can! CJ is so talented! What a wonderful gift to have received one of her creations! Congrats to the Packers on winning the NFC Divisional Title, and best of luck for the Superbowl! Out here in Steelers country, we're wearing our colors, too! :) 'Can't wait for the big game! It's going to be amazing to see these two teams compete!

Linda - I wish I knew how! I don't even own a cell phone - I must be the only person in the world who doesn't!

A little bit of good news - my doggie who's been suffering in her hind quarters made it up the first few steps to the landing this morning all on her own! I think she's getting a lot better, thank God. I bet by the weekend, she'll be all the way up to the second floor! :)

Smiles - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2011 :  11:08:48 AM  Show Profile
Linda, I don't know how to post from a phone either, but I think if you address an email to Kevin at MJ, or at least to Meg. I know she would get your email to the right person and instruct us. I don't do the cell phone either. I'm lucky I can handle this computer! LOL

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

Go to Top of Page

Limeade
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Cheryl
Romeo MI
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2011 :  09:19:18 AM  Show Profile
So nice to see good news. And there is so much of it we forget to remember it! My good news is that there is sun after the storm today. February in Michigan - I will take all the sun I can get. The bright blue skies, white snow and lovely sunshine make it the best day of winter. Sunshine to you all!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Gather up for the Farmgirl Good News Report! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page