Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 I Have a Fever Update Jan. 25th
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic I Have a Fever Update Jan. 25th Next Topic
Page: of 2

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  3:51:33 PM  Show Profile
I just started feeling like I might have a fever. SO I took my temp and it was normal. Then a little while later it's 100.5. I hope my thunb is not infected. It doesn't look like it is. But I am a little worried now. And this is gross. But I sometimes get boil-like bumps on my bottom area. This one is really quite big and it hurts really bad. It hurts to sit or walk. I have been putting Tea Tree oil on it. Also Witch Hazel. That usually works. I have been walking the past few days. I hope I haven't aggravated it now. This is kind of what happened to my husband 2 years ago at about this same time. He almost died up in Memphis. Some of you might remember that. He was in really bad shape. He was on sick leave for 3 months. The doctors say that women get this way more than men do. A friend's daughter had one like that. So now I have a fever. I looked it up and there is a name but I can't think of it. And I am here by myself. So could ya'll please pray for me? I am going to put a hot wash cloth on it. That might help.

Has anyone else ever had anything like this? It's not like I'm dirty. I did read it's caused alot by sweat. But I have NOT been sweating lately. It's actually freezing right now.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear. Thanks so much.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

Edited by - kristin sherrill on Jan 25 2011 07:12:48 AM

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  4:55:30 PM  Show Profile
If you have a fever and a boil of some sort, it would really be good to have it checked out at an urgent care or similar place.
This sounds different from what you usually experience. If it's that MRSA, that is REALLY dangerous.
Please get care from a clinic or hospital. If it's a simple boil, you'll be fine, but they can let you know if the problem is worse than that.
I'm in alternative health care, and I'm a real beleiver in natural medicine- this sounds more serious, though.
Please get help right away, even if it turns out to be nothing.
Mary LD

Haflingers- You can't have just one!
( I'm just one short of a drill team!)
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  6:57:48 PM  Show Profile
I'm sending you a quick email, Kristin. I'll pray for you, definitely. Hugs - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  7:07:44 PM  Show Profile
oh kris, now i am concerned for you. let mus know what you do. i so hope you are better by tomorrow. we all need to hear from you to know your ok in am. sending hugs love prayers and a kiss on the forehead girlfriend. gads must be hard to do chores when your alone and sick. wish one of us was there to help you. love ya sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  9:02:54 PM  Show Profile
Kris, I too think you should go get it checked out! Better safe than sorry. Usually if you catch something quickly then you can get over it faster.
I'll pray for you!

Cindy

FARMGIRLS CAN DO ANYTHING!!!
I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  05:45:27 AM  Show Profile
Kris, I hope you went to urgent care and got checked out. I am praying that it is nothing, but better safe than sorry. Let us know.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  06:24:30 AM  Show Profile
checking on you this am kris, did you go to dr. yet sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  06:51:55 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all for your prayers. I do believe they have worked. I am much better this morning. No fever. I am going to take it easy today. I did not go to a doctor. I am very stubborn about going. If anyone knows me, I only go if I have to and then it's because I can't do anything about it myself. So it is alot better right now. I am going to get more tea tree oil and Neosporin too. And I am putting a very hot washcloth on it too. That seems to help.

Thank you all so much for all your concern and prayers. I was going to come back and delete this post but then Mary had posted. I am sorry if I worried you, Sherrye.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  06:55:17 AM  Show Profile
Glad you are feeling better. Please keep us posted on how you are doing. Know that you are thought of and care for.
hugs

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  07:03:06 AM  Show Profile
Sorry if my post upset anyone.
I once waited too long to seek help for an infection, and ended up in critical condition with a 3 week hospital stay and a year long recovery.
I'm REALLY stoic and stubborn about seeking help, also.
Just wouldn't want to see a sister suffer in a similar way, or worse!

Mary LD
homebirth mother, homebirth midwife

Go to Top of Page

vintage saver
True Blue Farmgirl

323 Posts

oleta
wheelersburg ohio
USA
323 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  07:19:30 AM  Show Profile
Are you a diabetic? This sounds like you should get it checked out-what is causing it. MRSA can be very serious, usually have to have iv meds to get rid of it. Let them do culture to rest your mind. Sounds like yor're doing the right things, but DON'T be stubborn! Love you.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  08:30:10 AM  Show Profile
No, Mary - you were absolutely right to air your concerns. I emailed Kris to let her know experiences we and friends of ours had with MRSA a couple of years back. It's always better to be safe - nobody wants anyone to go through what you experienced!

I'm SO SO glad you're getting better Kris. :) I'll just say a couple of extra prayers, though, just in case!

Hugs - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  10:51:47 AM  Show Profile
Mary, I was not upset at all. I know what you mena. And I thank you for your advice. Really. You know what you are talking about. It just scared me alot. I have had a staph infection but caught it in time. I also don't like antibiotics. The few times I've taken them I get a yeast infection that's way worse. So I avoid them as much as I can.

I need to figure out what causes these things. I have decided I need to stop eating sugar. That is what yeast likes. ANd other things too. So I will do that. I love sweets so this will be hard. But if I can give up sweets for 40 days of Lent then I can do it. But really need to do some research on what causes these boils. Like Nini said, some people are just prone to them.

I did just do a sitz bath with hot water and ACV. I will try that several times a day. It seems to help. I just took a swig of the ACV too. I was talking to a friend awhile ago and she had this same thing. She takes ACV for everything now. And my hubby is coming home with all the other things I asked for. I don't need to go anywhere so I can concentrate on getting rid of this thing.

Oleat, I am not diabetic. I don't have any medical issues at all. I am very healthy. That's why I can't understand why I get these so much.

I know your prayers are working. Thank you so much. I knew I could come here and get help. This is really embarrasing for me to even mention. That's why I said after I had posted this I was going to delete it. Not because of what mary had said. Anyway, thanks so much, everyone.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  11:32:59 AM  Show Profile
Kris, this is why we are all here!!!
Where else do we get to talk about these things???
Hope you feel better soon!
Mary

Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  12:12:49 PM  Show Profile
Hey Kris!
Toss some lavender oil in that bath too..
& if you can stand it (DON'T put in your bath) but dot some oregano oil onto a cotton ball & apply to the spot. Oregano oil is very strong, so be careful; you may even want to use a carrier oil with it, like veggie or olive oil to cut it some. My skin is tough, so I can apply straight, but definitely DO NOT put it in your bath.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  1:51:26 PM  Show Profile
Lisa, do you mean essential oil? That's all I have here. I don't have oregano oil though. Just the lavender. I will try that next time. Thanks.

You are right Mary. I feel like I can come here and talk about things I wouldn't normally talk about.

Hubby's home. So he can take care of me for a day. Then he's got to leave tomorrow evening. That's the like of a truck driver and his wife. I always say I am just a part time wife.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  4:44:26 PM  Show Profile
Yes Kris..essential oils
I use them so much around here.. They are so verastile!
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2011 :  06:17:21 AM  Show Profile
This morning when I got up I didn't feel a thing. Nothing. Yesterday I had done some new things, like a sitz bath with ACV, drank ACV straight several times, used neosporin alot and witch hazel. And that's what I did last night before going to bed. I slept all night too. SO I think I'm going to be ok. I did have a low grade fever last night but it's gone too. I also wrapped my thumb back up. I just realized how very stupid that was to leave it uncovered and do farm chores. And milk goats. Totally stupid. That's probably what caused this. Not being careful or washing my hands after being with farm animals. I have never liked all the antibacterial hand washes and sanitizers, but now I think I might need to get some. Just in case. I just need to be more aware of what I am doing and how dangerous it can be. Especially the washing hands part. And to just slow down and not always be in such a hurry all the time. I always seem to be rushing around and then I get hurt.

Thanks again for all your help. I guess I can put this post to bed now.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

earthmamaT
True Blue Farmgirl

96 Posts

Tammy
portola California
96 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  5:40:35 PM  Show Profile
I am glad to hear you are better!

Mary is sooo right. My 25 year old daughter contracted MRSA from a spider bite. She was gravely ill. She called me with a temp and not feeling well. She had lumps in her lymph nodes. I went with her to her DR's office. She was admitted to the hospital. The MRSA entered her blood stream and was attacking her kidneys, lungs and heart. For several days they did not know if she would live. But she is a fighter and she did make it. Always have bits and boils checked!!

Tammy ~
"Be the change you want to see in the world" Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  07:11:42 AM  Show Profile
I just called and got in at my gyno for this Thursday. I have another one of those boli things. Got it 2 weeksafter the first one. And this one is worse. But just a low grade temp. I thought I had it under control then I saw Tammy's post. Now I am really worried. I have also been noticing a really strong and strange odor when I urinate. Nothing like I have ever smelled. I thought it could be a UTI or kidney infection. SO started taking cranberry pills and drinking real cranberry jiuce and tons of water. It's getting better. But then when I read about Tammy's daughter I got really scared. I think all of this is connected in some way to when I cut my thumb and went to the clinic to get stitches back on Dec. 28th. Because I uncovered my thumb about 5 days later and did farm chores. Milked goats. I lso had gotten 2 pigs on Jan. 8th. Well, when I got the first boil, I stared covering my thumb again. And kept it coverered when I was outside. Anyway, I have been really stupid and careless and now all this. So I am so glad I am getting in to see the gyno so fast. Hopefully they can get me straightened out. And I am NOT going to eat anything with sugar in it ever again.

Will y'all please pray for me? I know I have brought all this on myself because of plain ole stupidity. But I am a little scared right now.

Tammy, how is your daughter today? Has she had anything like this since then?

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

mickib
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Michele
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
267 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  2:03:22 PM  Show Profile
Kris, I'll pray for you. I hope your doctor can help you get better soon.
Go to Top of Page

earthmamaT
True Blue Farmgirl

96 Posts

Tammy
portola California
96 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  2:20:49 PM  Show Profile
Kris ~ Oh my I did not mean to scare you!! In most cases all you need is Vacomyicin (sp??) to clear up the MRSA.I do think it is wise to get this checked out. Please let us know how you are doing..

As for my daugther the DR's say that since the MRSA entered her blood, that something as simple as a cut or bug bite can cause the MRSA to become active in her blood again. She has to be very careful and it took her a few months to recoup. She is doing fine now. You are in our thoughts and prayers

Tammy ~
"Be the change you want to see in the world" Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  2:59:38 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Michele. I need prayer for sure. I have a low grade temp again today. Just under 100. I hope they can figure this out.

Tammy, I am getting cuts all the time here. And I bleed like crazy. And I never think to clean the cuts and use neosporin or anything like that. And the few times I have taken antibiotics, I get yeast infections. I hate that worse. So I think we need to move now and sell all the animals and buy a condo in the city. Hubby would love that. Oh my goodness. I hope whatever this is isn't serious. I do not ever want to be in the hospital. I don't even like to go there. There's too many germs there. I do think that's where this all started was at that clinic getting the stitches.

I'll let y'all know what they say. I am going to stay home tomorrow and not do anything. Except feed animals.

Thanks for all the prayers and advice. And thanks, Tammy, for scaring me enough to actually DO something about this. Sometimes that's what it takes for me. And I mean this in a very nice way.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  4:29:52 PM  Show Profile
Kris, I just saw this post. I surely hope you get some help from the doctor. I also get yeast infections from antibiotics. My doctor knows this and gives me this pill to take at the end of my antibiotics and it really helps. I am really worried about you and will saying a little prayer for you. Keep us posted please.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  06:27:24 AM  Show Profile
oh kris, we sure do some silly things. i am glad your going in to see the doc tomorrow. let us know what happens. i will send a prayer and a hug your way. drink lots of clean water. wash your insides out. hope you are well soon. sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  4:38:30 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like you ave something going on thee; some kind of a low grade infection..
& your pee...it's not asparagus pee is it?? That is one weird smell for sure.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic I Have a Fever Update Jan. 25th Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page