Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Does anyone have an osteopath as primary dr?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Does anyone have an osteopath as primary dr? Next Topic  

mickib
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Michele
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
267 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  3:06:44 PM  Show Profile
I'm in need of a new doctor and I'm having a hard time deciding where to go. I haven't had much luck with referrals from friends and family. I've been researching some of the local doctors and one that gets good reviews is an osteopath. Do any of you farmgirls use an osteopath as your primary doctor? Also, if anyone happens to live in the Coeur d'Alene, Idaho area and could recommend a doctor, I'd love to hear it.

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  3:13:21 PM  Show Profile
Michele,
I used to see an osteopath, but when we moved I switched due to him being about 1 1/2 away. My mom still sees him. I always loved him, because whenever I went in for something as simple as a sinus infection, he would also do an adjustment on me. I do miss him, but now see my neighbor as my GP, & I like him too (but avoid the doc like the plague unless absolutely necessary!)
Sorry, no help for a recommendation in the ID area.
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  5:35:58 PM  Show Profile
When we were in California I went to an Osteopath and really liked her, but you know alot of it is a meshing of personalities. I've had good MDs too over the years
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  08:36:59 AM  Show Profile
I found an osteopath mr for my husband to see and he is really good. I agree, it's probably a meshing of personalities! The dr. goes out west to hunt near the same place my husband used to guide hunts in! When I was pregnant I tried about 3 different ob doctors until I ended finding a nurse midwife I really liked! If you pick a doctor and end up not liking them then just find someone else. It is your health care provider so you have the power to choose who you end up seeing. Even if you have to go to a few different o Ed finding the right one for you is so worth it! Sorry I don't have any suggestions for you, I live in the midwest. Hope you can find someone you like!

~We can make the world a better place for our kids and future generations by what we do today!~
Go to Top of Page

Catherine L
True Blue Farmgirl

408 Posts

Cathy
Newton Texas
USA
408 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  09:22:50 AM  Show Profile
We use an osteopath for our primary care doctor. Of course he is not in our health insurance network, but we use him anyway. MDs always want to give pills for everything, but our osteopath uses other methods. Not that we don't use an MD at all, but the osteopath is our first choice.

~Catherine~
Farmgirl 2428
Go to Top of Page

mickib
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Michele
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
267 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2011 :  12:02:33 PM  Show Profile
thanks all for your responses, I'm still trying to decide who I want to try
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Does anyone have an osteopath as primary dr? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page