violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2011 :  4:36:23 PM  Show Profile

This is Barney Rumble - I rescued him 18 months ago. a lady was giving puppies away in front of our local WalMart - he is a fun loving little boy, full of himself! He had mange - but is all better now :)

This is our Gracie Belle - she is a 4 year old mini Australian Shepherd - her job is to keep Barney in line and she does a great job of it - Gracie is the reason I brought Barney home - she needed a job, and she got one! They have so much fun together - they each weigh about 21 pounds.
We also have a 13 1/2 year old Princess - she is deaf - will have to take her photo - her name is TaffyAnn, also a kitty: Hunter Boy

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2011 :  5:05:57 PM  Show Profile
Oh, they are just precious! You have a "herd" of furbabies like me. We have three cats and a dog. I love the pics. So cute! Kitty looks so comfy on that nice quilt. Thanks for sharing.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2011 :  5:27:51 PM  Show Profile
Aw! They are so cute. And look where that cat is! I bet he's on the bed in your sewing room. He just looks way too comfy.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2011 :  6:14:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi again, I couldn't rest until I found photos of TaffyAnn, so here she is. She is the sweetest little girl ever! This is of TaffyAnn and GracieBelle enjoying a bully stick.

Gracie and Hunter on the bed snuggle time - Hunter Loves dogs!g
TaffyAnn and Hunter snuggle time - different doggie!

Thanks for looking at our precious little four legged "kids"!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2011 :  9:34:11 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness, Ruth - how precious and cute are these dogs?! I just want to cuddle with them and kiss their noses! - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  12:15:38 AM  Show Profile
Ruth, your furbabies are devine! Thanks for sharing.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  05:31:14 AM  Show Profile
what precious babies!! I just want to hug all of them!
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  06:12:44 AM  Show Profile
so very cute. i love it when animals get along, makes me think there might be hope for humans some day!

farmgirl#1362 whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln
Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  07:50:15 AM  Show Profile
Fraiseer just turned 17 on New Years day!

Brusier is just 4 but is his older brothers eyes and loves him dearly.
These are my boys-somehow I think they know a bad movie when they see it. This one had sub-titles!

Love will make a way out of no way. -Lynda Barry

Cheryle is Farmgirl #604
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6679 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6679 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  10:13:09 AM  Show Profile
What cuties. How Blessed we all our to have our animal family in our lives. Thank you for sharing.

Hugs,
Debbie !1582
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  11:47:25 AM  Show Profile
Thanks farmgirls - we think they are pretty special (most of the time - right now two of them are in time out for playing in lots of mud) What a mess they are - when they dry off a little they will be allowed out of their houses. TaffyAnn wouldn't do anything like that - she will just roll in something dead!
Cheryle, Your puppies are so cute - are they poodles? 17 years old, doing great I'd say! How about arthritis, is he bothered by that? TaffyAnn has it in her shoulders - too much jumping off high beds when she was a young girl - she now has a footstool to use to get up and down. Plus she likes to sleep on the footstool.
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  3:05:44 PM  Show Profile
My little old Rat Terrier Zoe died this morning. She and her sister are 13 1/2 exactly today. Zoe had been going down hill for a few weeks now. Like a tiny little old lad. She'd walk real slow and squat every few feet. I think her kidneys failed her at the end. When I went to check on them this morning I knew she was gone. Sophie still acts like a little puppy. 13 1/2. I can't believe she lived this long. But little dogs do. I buried her out in the garden in a sunny spot. She loved laying out in the sun. I'll plant some flowers for her in the spring.

I love seeing all your pets. Cheryle, Zoe was just about blind and oh so deaf. I'd have to holler at her and she'd still not hear me. Poor thing. Your little guys are so sweet. They take care of each other, don't they? I wish people were the same way.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

Edited by - kristin sherrill on Jan 07 2011 3:06:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  6:22:46 PM  Show Profile
Kris, I'm so sorry about Zoe, how sad! Glad you have her in your yard in a sunny spot and will plant her some flowers in the Spring. She might be gone, but never forgotten. They are so special, love those doggies and kitties too!
Big hugs,
Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  6:49:21 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Oh what beautiful furbabies! I just can't get enough of them. I think I used to be a dog!LOL! I often say"I'd rather be with my dog than some people I know!"

Kris, I'm so sorry about your baby. I can hardly think about it...my heart breaks!

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  7:56:46 PM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
Bless you for loving your furbabies. All of my dogs are rescues, a pug, a chug (chichauhau pug mix) and deaf pit/dal (dalmation/pit bull mix. He's white with vague light gray spots)If I had the room and the money, I'd rescue more.

FarmGirl Sister #123

Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  07:45:33 AM  Show Profile
Kris, I am so sorry about your loss. I am sure Zoe was a special girl and a big part of your life. I am glad you kept her close and found just the right spot for her in your garden. Heap extra love on Sophie she will no doubt miss her pal too.
My boys are both Bichons. Frashier is both blind and deaf. He has been through many life changes with me and I just can't imagine my life without him. We can him Mr Ten Minutes becuase he rings his bells to go outside-not that he has to make it is just that he loves to be outdoors! And when he's not wanting to be outdoors he is so fast asleep and snoring I often think it is my spouse! His basket of toys sits idle but he loves to sit w/Brusier and look out the front window(even though we know he can't see).He still seems happy and involved.
They love us on our good days-our bad days. Delighted with gentle pat on the head or belly rub. And outright over the moon when you reach for the leash. I don't even think we realize the important contributions such as the happiness and peace they have bring us over the years until they are older. I am happy to help him age with grace and with a heart full of love that he has banked up over the years!

Cheryle is Farmgirl #604
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  08:05:36 AM  Show Profile
Cheryle, that is so sweet. That's waht Zoe did all the time lately. Sleep. There was alot of times I had to look real close to see if she was breathing. Then she'd lift her little gray head up at me. SO sad to grow old. You guys are so cute. And so clean to be so white. Give them a little pat for me. SOphie does seem a little lost without her sister here now. I always thought Zoe would go first and that Sophie would be lonely. But she had big Bubba to keep her hopping.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  10:33:31 AM  Show Profile
Another precious moment caught on camera this morning! I realized I don't have many photo's of my old girl TaffyAnn, so will be more diligent now! She is the best girl anyone could ever ask for. Hunter is a good boy too - he loves dogs!

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  2:45:22 PM  Show Profile
Ruth-this is just a precious photo. Look at how content they are. Two peas in a pod snuggled up together! I try to take photo's daily mostly because I love too but also because I want to remember every moment for as long as I can. I don't have kids I have my boys and I love them dearly! Here is one I got today of Fras
We have always celebrated sunsets togeather, I with my glass of wine in my Adirondeck chair and Frasier with his bowl of water by my side. During the winter months we must settle for sunsets at the front window. Kris-just know that you will be in my thoughts all week. Keep us informed on how Sophie is doing-ok.

Cheryle is Farmgirl #604
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2011 :  06:33:49 AM  Show Profile
I just absolutely love these pictures. I have got to figure this picture thing out. It's just driving me crazy. ANyway, Sophie seems to be doing ok. She lays in the sun when it's shining. She seems to be very healthy. Still runs like a pup. But her eyes are a little glazed over. I know she can see though. But she's good. Eats like a horse too. Thanks for asking and thanks for the prayers.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2011 :  11:46:50 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kris, Been thinking about you my friend! Sophie's eyes, may just be aging. Our vet told us that is what is going on with Taffy. I thought she had cataracks (sp!), but she doesn't. Just old eyes. Her nose is great - LOL! She can't hear, except some pitches. Give her lots of love, because I'm sure she is missing her friend.
Do you think we are going to get some bad weather???
Hugs and prayers,
Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2011 :  12:25:13 PM  Show Profile

Hope this comes through - my first time importing a photo. Me and my Border Collie mix rescue - Hector.. He's a sweety.

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2011 :  12:45:22 PM  Show Profile

This is Maggie - sitting on my grandson, Keegan. :o) Maggie is a rescue as well. I didn't mention that Hector is deaf. We worked with a trainer and taught him with hand signals. Everyone's photos are so cute. We LOVE our pups...

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2011 :  12:54:58 PM  Show Profile
Kris - I am so sorry for your loss - it is so hard to lose them, even when they're old. Sherry, was your pit/dal born deaf? I've heard there are a lot of dalmations that are deaf - something to do with the white pigmentation. I took Hector to an agility class and someone had a white pit that was deaf. He was a great dog... Very smart - but Hector is smart too :o)

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2011 :  4:29:45 PM  Show Profile
Lorraine-GREAT photos! Good for you to figure it out. I laughed out loud when I saw the one of Maggie sitting on your grandson. Boy those furkids get away with murder. Both dogs are lovely. I thinks it adorable that Maggie thinks she's a lap dog. tee hee hee

Cheryle is Farmgirl #604
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2011 :  4:39:04 PM  Show Profile
Cheryle - good one about Maggie being a lap dog! :o)Your dogs are precious too - I noticed you mentioned Frasier's birthday was Jan 1 - so is Maggie's! She just turned 4. We're not too far apart - I go to Naperville ~ once a month or so. We have family there and I go to a chiropractor in Naperville. Maybe we could have tea some time???

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic photo's of our "furkids" Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page