Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Hey? Is anyone thinking of weight loss in 2011?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Hey? Is anyone thinking of weight loss in 2011? Next Topic
Page: of 4

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  6:02:25 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
me......

love
frannie in texas
farmgirl sister#807
home of "green"crafts,
where no scrap is left behind
(http://abunnystale.wordpress.com/)

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  9:17:49 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies :)

Jonni, I think you are a very beautiful gal :)

I have been on Weight Watchers for the past several months (and need to start posting again under the Health section). I have lost a total of 20 pounds and have about 5-8 more to go.

I have tried so many 'diets' and gimmicks in the past and have always been overweight. This has been the only thing that has ever worked for me.

I have learned:

~Portion control. Before I would just pour out something and say to myself 'that looks good' By measuring everything (serving size, etc.) I am more aware of just how much I am taking in.

~Empty calories. I can eat whatever I want on WW as long as I stay within my points allowed for the day and week, but is it the best choice? Is it the healthier more substantial choice?

~Tracking your food. This has helped me so much! Actually writing down what I have had for the day helps me to see the good, the bad and the ugly :) What areas I need to work on, foods that cause me to stumble, etc.

I am learning to cook healthier dishes. I love going to Cooking Light's website and trying out new recipes.

I am only 5 feet tall and my highest weight has been 154. I had lost 10 pounds a couple of years ago but that was it. Since starting up with WW I lost another 20. I have gone from large/x-large tops and size 12 bottoms to small tops and size 4 bottoms. I am just blown away! I don't recall ever being this size before!

I have more energy, I can sleep better, my skin looks better (younger, yay!).

Ladies, if I can do it, ANYONE can! I am praying for everyone!

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2011 :  7:15:10 PM  Show Profile
Sharon,
I am going to my first WW this week. I am five feet tall and need to get to a healthy weight. Doing it on my own has not helped. I have friend who teaches with me and is going and she has become my accountability. She pushes me so here I go. Great job on your weight loss. She says it works and it is about choices and learning to make good ones. I like to snack but not always a good snack. So it is time for me to get serious.

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://butterflywings.wordpress.com
Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

cntrygrl
True Blue Farmgirl

139 Posts

Tommie
Kansas
USA
139 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2011 :  09:34:12 AM  Show Profile
Oh girls I have fallen off the 'inputting my calories' wagon. I'm still watching what I eat and not getting too crazy, but I'm afraid I'll slowly fall off the weight loss wagon if I keep it up. Friday night was a Mt. Oyster and fish feed at our local bar. Last night was a steak dinner at my guys company party. Ugh!

Here are the good points, because I want to stay positive in this adventure. Friday night I did go back for seconds on Mt. Oysters and fish...it was SOOOO good! But I didn't get any seconds on side dishes and I didn't go for any dessert. Oh, and I had 3 or 4 beers. Oops! (It was light beer though) lol. The steak dinner was good, I did eat most of my potato (didn't need all the carbs) but I was full about halfway through my steak and I stopped eating. I ate my green beans and didn't eat any of the bread.

Tell me to get my butt back on Lose It!!!

Your slacker weight loss buddy,
Tommie

~Live~Laugh~Love~
~Dust is a country accent~
Go to Top of Page

RawPrairie
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

Teree
Sonora CA
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2011 :  7:44:55 PM  Show Profile
Hello Everyone...I gotta say my heart sure does go out to you all because I know first hand how hard it is to loose the pounds. After years of trying every diet out there I finally found something that worked nicely for me!! Yippee! I always seem to slip off the wagon a little around the holidays so I've got a few pounds to loose as well this New Year! Has anyone heard of "proper food combing"? I'm sure I can come up with a website to share, but I learned it from the book written by the Diamonds called "Fit for Life" and it's so easy and it's amazing how quickly the pounds melt off. If anyone would like more information, I would be happy share! Why it worked for me is because I could eat what I wanted... just in the right combination. I'm not always perfect and I don't want to be, but this worked for me and I felt a whole lot healthier because it works with your digestion!

Just thought I'd throw that out there...I realize everyone's different and it's not a "one size fit's all" kinda deal, that being said...I wish you all the best along your weight loss journey! Teree

Teree~
Farmgirl Sister #2548

Not everyone can be a star...but everyone can twinkle!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9364 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9364 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2011 :  1:59:31 PM  Show Profile
I have been doing weight watchers but I have not been sticking to my points very well. Too many snacks around. I have been trying to get back where I should be, tracking and all. I need to get serious because I sure don't want to gain all the weight I took off over the summer. I need to get back to the meetings too. They have changed to this new system of points and I don't really like it but I hate counting calories. The points seem easier to me.
I think it is all basically a mindset and changing your lifestyle. I have done well with weight watchers I just need to get back to it before I gain it all back again! Need to get to exercising again. Love to walk but no place to do it that is safe. I just ordered a video though so I will see how that works for me. :)
hope everyone does well with whatever system they are using.

farmgirl sister#43

O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

thehatlady
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Lola
Doniphan Missouri
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  5:43:25 PM  Show Profile
I admire you girls with your effort to find a healthier life style. You have to have the dream to accomplish this and with the dream comes the determination. Portion control is one of the main things, fruit and veggies along with whole grains and of course protien. A good guideline to follow is the pyramid,from U.S.D.A. or Mayo Clinic, both of those locations are a wealth of information.

I have lost +/- 167#'s depending on the week. I am at goal and have been almost a year. I did mine with Weight Watchers and am now a lifetime member again. i had lost over a 100#'s back in the mid 70's but then got cancer and had a continuing pity party for way too long. I am 72 yrs. old and only 5'2" so one one is too old to fulfill their dreams. It does take a lot of work but it is worth it. I figured up a while back and I have lost 3-50# bags+ of Horse sweet feed; 55 cans of Crisco; 19.8 gals of water; 41 1/4 4# bags of sugar; and 165 1# bags of dry beans. Good luck to all of you on your ventures and keep up the good work. I know I feel 100% better. Like I say 'Every day in every way I become Better and Better.' Love ya all, Lola

Every day, in every way, I become better and better.
Go to Top of Page

AmericanHwyFlower
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

A.R.
Yorba Linda CA
USA
57 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2011 :  10:08:51 PM  Show Profile
I have struggled most of my life with my weight and now is no exception. I have started the new year by clearing out the junk and eating lots of salads or raw vegetables. I am hoping to be able to work weight watchers into my budget soon.

Cherish Each Day
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2011 :  11:22:20 AM  Show Profile
Lola, congrats on what you've succeeded over the years - especially concurring the cancer. Things like that do put a monkey rench into life. But good for you for getting back on the horse. This is my year too for losing weight - 25-30 lbs - and I'm 64. Got my teeth fixed last year and now that I have a nicer smile I want the body to go with it. We have a treadmill that was only gathering dust until I started working out on it again. Also got a pair of those Sketcher's shoes (luckily on sale). Got some DVD's on Amazon for cheap and also at Target. Getting a Core Ball I found at Gordmann's on sale for $7.00. I also have to fight a sluggish thyroid, but I know that it's just an excuse - I just didn't watch what I ate and drank (love my wine). But now I'm eating more veggies, fruits, yogurt, lean meats and watching what I snack on -almonds and walnuts (in small amounts, etc.) and having good snacks between my three meals and cutting down on the wine - only twice a week now instead of one every night. Also getting good info from Web.md and magazines like Weight Watchers and Health. Always pick out some good recipes and sound advice from them. My immediate goal is to lose about 10-15 lbs. by summer when we take our big summer trip out to see all the kids/grandkids in three states. If I try hard enough maybe even more. With almost 14 grandkids I need to be in good shape to run around with them and also to see them grow up. I take it just one day at a time and don't beat myself up if I screw up on something. This thread is just like going to a Weight Watchers meeting and getting encouragement from other women going through the same thing. There's strength in numbers and sounds like we have quite a few right here. We support each other and are each others encouragement and are each others sounding boards. As the old song goes "I am women, hear me roar!"
Go to Top of Page

RawPrairie
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

Teree
Sonora CA
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2011 :  12:01:10 PM  Show Profile
I like your attitude Annie! You will succeed with your goals...setting up small achievable goals work! Being mindful and recognizing problem foods...like wine (mine too)is also key! You've inspired me to simply plan better and take it one day at a time and not beat myself up as I so often do. This is a great place to find the encouragement we need. Blessings to all you women out their on your weight loss journey!

I struggle with exercise mainly...because truthfully...I just don't like it! If anyone out there has had success with a particular DVD program...could you please post which ones you like or have worked for you. I love walking but don't feel that safe doing it alone anymore, I'm thinking if I could find a great beginners workout...that's fun (if that's even possible) it would inspire me to just move more. So any idea's would help...thanks!

Teree~
Farmgirl Sister #2548

Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  12:30:57 PM  Show Profile
Teree, thanks so much for the compliment. You are so sweet. Like you I really hate to exercise, but have made myself accountable. Just realized that I really have to get an I-pod so I can listen to music while DH is watching football or one of his shows!!! I picked up some DVD's by Jillian Michaels from the Biggest Losser TV show. She has several out there along with DVD's using some of the people from the show. I watched them all before I started to use them and decided she's the kind of person I need to motivate me. She's hardcore, but I need that to inspire me to push myself to do more. One of the DVD's I have of hers has three levels - beginner to advanced, so I liked that idea. She's serious and funny at times, but she doesn't beat you up if you can't do something. Think I'll like working out with her. She does circuit training which after watching all the DVD's and hearing how it all works for your body it really made sense to me. There's also some DVD's by several different people that you can indoor walking. Might be something for you. Check out Amazon - they have a TON of workout DVD's - both used and new. And if you ever "have a moment" as I call it, just get on the thread and we'll all support you and keep you going. We're all in the same boat here, so we'll give you strength when you need it and motivation too. It's like we're all "partners" in this challenge of weight loss and working out. I'll be there for you and so will everyone one else. We "farmgirls" help each other out in times of need. Hang in there Teree - you can do it - you can do it with all of us together pulling for you and each other. Farmgirls rock!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

RawPrairie
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

Teree
Sonora CA
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  10:50:24 PM  Show Profile
Farmgirls do rock!! On a whim, I picked up the the Jillian Michaels "30 day shred" today, mostly because it was only a 20 minute workout. I was actually nervous about it because she seems so tough and honestly a little scary! Then I read the last post on this thread and I felt so much better about my choice and very excited to give it a try! Thanks so much Annie for your encouraging words!! I plan to take it slow...I watched the video first like you suggested Annie, before giving it a try. I made it through the 20 minutes (she really is a great motivator!), I just did it at a slower pace. Yippee! I plan on coming back often to reread these posts to help keep me motivated! Thanks Everyone! Smiles.

Teree~
Farmgirl Sister #2548

Go to Top of Page

cntrygrl
True Blue Farmgirl

139 Posts

Tommie
Kansas
USA
139 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  2:27:04 PM  Show Profile
One thing that I loved to do, when I lived in a town with it, was Zumba. Oh my goodness, it was soooo fun! They had it at the YMCA and boy did I sweat! If anyone has the option for Zumba I would highly suggest it. I don't have any of the DVD's, I think they are pretty expensive, but the classes rocked. You are doing dance steps, but no one looks at you funny if you do them different or take a while to get the hang of it. Just keep on moving, you'll catch on and your still burning calories..that's what's important. Oh how I miss my Zumba.

I've been doing good about watching what I eat and mentally counting my calories, but haven't been good about inputting them on loseit.com. There's been many days lately I haven't gotten on my computer long enough to do input my calories, but I'm trying not to beat myself up over it and just keep being conscious of what I'm eating and measuring my portions. And I continue to fight the urge to make an apple pie. lol

Tommie

~Live~Laugh~Love~
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  5:44:26 PM  Show Profile
Good work Teree and Tommie!! You're off and running. One thing I've found as far as recording what I eat is to keep a small notebook in one of my kitchen drawers and while I'm preparing dinner or whatever, I just jot it down. Then you could go onto loseit.com later and input what you wrote. Just an idea. So glad you liked that "30 day shred" Teree. That's the one I'm using now and I'll hit her other ones when I get myself in better shape. It just seemed like a good start and I love the fact that it has three levels in the one DVD. I know it's hard not to beat yourself up about a little "slip", but that's all it is - a little slip and not the end of the world. I just get myself back to thinking about the old jeans I have kept that are just a size smaller than what I wear now, but that's my first little goal for now. The jeans are in a drawer just waiting for me to try them on one of these days and I will be able to - someday. As Red Green says - "we're all in this together". Which means everyone on this thread is pulling for each other as well as themselves. This is our own little support group.
Go to Top of Page

RawPrairie
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

Teree
Sonora CA
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  5:50:33 PM  Show Profile
Apple Pie...Oh my! That sounds so yummy and comforting after a day like today! I like the Zumba idea and love to dance so I will check into that! I guess a baked apple with a little cinnamon and vanilla stevia couldn't hurt! lol

Teree~
Farmgirl Sister #2548

Go to Top of Page

cntrygrl
True Blue Farmgirl

139 Posts

Tommie
Kansas
USA
139 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  5:59:48 PM  Show Profile
Exactly Annie. All for one and one for all!

Umm, I've had the 30 day shred for months now and its still in its celophane wrapper. Oops. I'll have to break it out and go through it with you girls.

Oh if you love to dance Teree (I do too!) you will love Zumba!

I don't have any apples or I'd do a little crisp with oatmeal or something. My apple pie filling is already canned from this past fall. I'd break into a jar and use a little, but it has more sugar than I'd want to use. Apples will just have to go onto my grocery list. Any good healthy apple crisp recipes?

Tommie

~Live~Laugh~Love~
Go to Top of Page

Lady Woodworker
True Blue Farmgirl

259 Posts

Karen
Chamberlain Maine
USA
259 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  4:38:57 PM  Show Profile
I'm sitting here in my running shoes reading this thread. My New year's resolution was to exercise at least four days per week.
Week 1 I did it.
Week 2 I did some exercise but did not make my goal.
Week 3 I did it.
I have exercised 1 time so far this week.
Enough procrastinating...heading to the treadmill now.
Thank you for the push!

Karen

Farmgirl Sister # 2419

Edited by - Lady Woodworker on Jan 25 2011 4:39:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  6:03:59 PM  Show Profile
Karen, remember somtimes all we can do are baby steps, but their steps. Something is better than nothing. Got my work out today in a most unusual way. DH and I went to dig out a friend who got her car stuck in a snow bank. Well, on the way to her we got stuck. So here we were trudging through knee deep snow, shoveling under the tires, going over to a slash pile to get some branches to put under the tires thinking that would help - no go. Thankgoodness for OnStar. Our truck is still stuck and hopefully the guys are trying to get it out. But it's dark and we're talking a loggers road which doesn't get plowed. They may have to just leave it until tomorrow. Our friend did get help, so she came up the road and ran into the tow truck guys and they brought us down to her. She gave us a ride home, but then because of the ice she couldn't get up our steep driveway which being night the ice was is full form and we skidded and got stuck with her car. DH got it out. We had to walk up our 1/4 mile driveway which is steep since it's going up a Black Hills mountain. Don't think I have to do my mile on the treadmill after all that. My hands and toes are finally thawing out. The walk was better than a treadmill and got lots of cardio out of all of it. Even had to eat snow 'cause we forgot to bring anything to drink. Not bad - no critter marks and no yellow. Just something we can laugh about and tell our friends and kids. Just another one of our "Skarie adventures" we seem to have now and then.

Apple pie sure sounds good after what we went through today. But my apples are frozen. Maybe I'll have one glass of wine instead. Haven't had any for a week, so I'll have my one of two I've allotted myself while I lose weight. After today I need it!!

Good work farmgirls!! Keep it up. We're stronger in numbers than just alone. This is better than going to the gym. And we all can keep each other accountable for our little and big accomplishments. It's just putting one foot in front of the other and going forward.
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  6:14:17 PM  Show Profile
I am always thinking of weight loss!!! Quit smoking and started Atkins on New Year's Day!! I work out all the time, but I'm about 40 lbs overweight. I will admit it here. So, I'm off to Zumba in about 10 minutes, even though I already led a spin class at 5:30 am!!!! Gotta keep on movin.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

RawPrairie
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

Teree
Sonora CA
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  6:37:31 PM  Show Profile
I am so glad I found you gals...Annie, you are amazing! I have been in your situation many times so can really relate. Walking in knee deep snow is quite the workout! You are so encouraging to all of us and it really helps..."baby steps, but their steps"..."something is better than nothing". I have to remember that because I beat myself up for not being able to meet the goals I set for myself, even though most days I do! So thanks for reminding us of that! I walked with my grandkids today and now for my workout with Jillian! Keep on keeping on everyone!
Oh and Annie...enjoy that glass of wine, cause you deserve it!

Teree~
Farmgirl Sister #2548

Go to Top of Page

cntrygrl
True Blue Farmgirl

139 Posts

Tommie
Kansas
USA
139 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  2:11:00 PM  Show Profile
Just did 30 day shred with Jillian for the first time. I hate her. lol. Not really, it was one hell of a workout. I got a little dizzy a time or two and had to pause for a minute, but then picked up where I left off.

She doesn't say what size of hand weights to use. What do you gals use? I'm pretty sure mine were a little heavy for a first timer, think I need to downsize and work up.

Water never tasted so good! :)
Tommie

~Live~Laugh~Love~
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  2:19:37 PM  Show Profile
Teree, I did enjoy it! And good for you, girlfriend. Walking with grandkids is quite the workout. Debbie, I've found that if I just make a goal for one day and work on that and get it done, then the next day make a goal and work on that, etc. it doesn't seem like it's so unattainable. Instead of saying I've got to workout four days a week, just say I'm going to workout today and get that done. Next day say the same thing. I've got 30 lbs. myself to lose, but I just work it at one day at a time and don't think about that TOTAL of 30 lbs. which is my ultimate goal - just seems like such a big number. It took a long time to put the weight on, so it's going to take awhile to get it off. There will be times when nothing seems to be happening - not losing anything - but that happens to everybody. Your body is just adjusting to what is going on and sometimes just wants a rest - no matter how hard you work out or eat right. Then it all starts again and the 'ol body says it's time to get moving and the weight will start to come off. As they say, it's not what the scale says - it's how your clothes fit and that's an awsome feeling when suddenly the waist on your jeans, etc. is too big and your clothes start to just hang on you. I've already noticed it myself with my jeans - and boy did I do a wa-ho when I had to cinch my belt in more. Keep up the good work everyone. You're all such awsome farmgirls to be sharing this part of your life with everyone else here. Like I said before, farmgirls rock!!!!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9364 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9364 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  5:37:46 PM  Show Profile
Well, I went to my WW meeting. Though I had gained according to them I had actually lost from Christmas. I went to weigh in before Christmas and of course put some lbs. on over Christmas and have taken off a few but not to where I was so it showed up as a gain. I am still having some struggles using the new program. I canceled my subscription to the e-tools. I felt it was too much always getting on the computer to track when I can journal it. And can't spend the extra $$ right now for un-necessaries. So slowly I go. one day at a time. I like how it was said to set a goal for the day and only concentrate on that one and then the next day, etc. I purchased a walking video by Ellen Barrett from Amazon. Going to see how that works for me.

farmgirl sister#43

O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

RawPrairie
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

Teree
Sonora CA
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  6:36:15 PM  Show Profile
I'm sort of a whimp Tommie when it comes to weights and only use 2 lbs when doing the workout with Jillian...but I figure I can always add more as I become stronger. I've been pretty sore but it's a good sore so I know I'm getting something out of it, even though I'm doing this at my own pace. In the past I would start out strong and push myself and usually end up injuring myself then loose my motivation and stop exercising all together. You farmgirls have been so wonderful and so open with your own experiences that I've decided to change it up a bit and start out like the tortoise and hoping this time I can reach that finish line..lol! My new attitude is "slow but sure"! I'm 57 and I don't bounce back like I used to!! I also realize this has to be part of my lifestyle not just a quick fix so I don't want to hate it and try to keep it fun!! Have a nice evening everyone!!

Teree~
Farmgirl Sister #2548

Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  2:39:11 PM  Show Profile
Denise, Christmas is horrible isn't it? But we just bounce back and if we have to start all over we do it. The trick is to just keep doing something. And good that you got a walking tape. That's a good start. Many moons ago I did the WW on-line too, but as you, I found it difficult sometimes to get on, etc. So I quite that and just did the journalling. And you're right Teree, start slow and easy and work onward from there - just keep workin it. The best thing to do with the weights is to start with very light ones and once it becomes easy using those go up a notch. Your muscles will let you know when they need something more challenging - that's the time get a heavier weight. Check out thrift stores, or Goodwill or The Boys Club Store, etc. and see if they have weights for cheap. Same with workout DVD's unless you find a place on-line to buy used ones. That way you're saving a bit of money on your journey. I'm still recovering from my knee deep snow adventure today, so didn't want to push myself, but tomorrow I will be back at it - figure my legs, butt, back and shoulders should feel better by then. I don't like taking pain meds for this kind of stuff, so I just take it easy and rest - although I did do laundry, which is a chore in itself. I'm very proud of all our accomplishments - big or small - it's still an accomplishment. Oh ya, I also found that if I got an outfit to workout in made me want to workout more. Got some stuff at TJ Maxx and Gorhmann's and Target had some cotton tops on sale - usually $9.00 on sale for $5.00. Just picked up one. The outfits just sort of felt better than my sweat pants and yucky t-shirt. I can't tell you how much fun this is for me talking to you all and getting to know everyone who's in the same boat. I feel like I'm accountable to you all. That alone gives me insentive to work hard at this endeaver. High 5 everybody!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Hey? Is anyone thinking of weight loss in 2011? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page