Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Okay going to the dentist today!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Okay going to the dentist today!! Next Topic  

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  05:21:09 AM  Show Profile
I am so nervous. I hate to go to the dentist. I feel like crying right now. But my tooth has been hurting now for about 4 days. So I know I have to go. I know they are going to have to pull it. It is a tooth that they did a root canal in about 2 years ago. I was suppose to go back and get it capped but never did. Could never get the $1,200.00 together to get it done. So now the tooth is turning black and has been hurting like the dickens. I do not know why I am so nervous about it. My stomach hurts thinking about it. (nerves)

Seize The Day!
Dorinda

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  05:29:02 AM  Show Profile
Dorinda- praying for your peace and comfort.

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  07:35:30 AM  Show Profile
I used to work for chairside for a dentist and it's normal for a root canaled tooth to turn dark as it's dead and they crown them after to protect it as it is weaker. The fact that it is hurting now is the bad part as it may be cracked. Hope that you get some good news.
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  11:39:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I hope it is an easy dentist visit. I don't like them much either. I always get Nitrous gas as it's about the only way I can stay relaxed during a dentist visit.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

RueAnn
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Tracy
Brook Park OH
USA
58 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  4:46:24 PM  Show Profile
I hate going to the dentist too and am putting off a visit myself! It's expensive and it hurts. I hope all goes well with your visit, and know you're not alone!

Rue Ann
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  2:18:33 PM  Show Profile
The dentist could not pull it out. I have to go to an oral surgeon. It is decaying and infected. I have a consultation with the oral surgeon tomorrow. I can't wait to get it out I am in such agony with it. I will never get a root canal again what a waste of money. Another nerve whacking
day. YUK YUK YUK

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  2:59:42 PM  Show Profile
At least the decay and infection has not gotten into your sense of humor! Sorry for your pain!

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

686 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
686 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  4:45:39 PM  Show Profile
ohh don't say that!

I have a dead tooth, one of the two right in front and I have to get a root canal done on it in december of this year or early 2012. Plus my hubby needs one done. Black and infected where are my smelling salts!

I will put you on my short prayers list Dorinda

---
Currently renting-farmgirl wannabe
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  7:52:57 PM  Show Profile
Dorinda A root canal isn't a waste, you just have to have the crown done after. I have had 4 of them and if I hadn't that's four teeth I wouldn't have and it's worth a lot to me to keep my teeth, working in a dental office I have seen the affects of not having them and it isn't great
Kathy
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Okay going to the dentist today!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page