shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  11:51:52 AM  Show Profile
I couldn't take a picture from my kitchen window today. As a matter of fact we couldn't get out most of our doors. This is the front of the house and show the beating the snow here in Chicago brought to our home. But mother nature has a wonderful side too...for these photos I had to venture out with the help of my husband as the winds are still quite strong. This is our cul-de-sac tree laden with heavy snow...lovely isn't she! Now if I could see out my kitchen window...this would be about the view. The drifts are very high as we had to put bells on the dogs but I think it could be a Christmas card.

Does Pairs get snow?
Last but not least the prized Adirondack chairs that my husband and I made this past summer out of reclaimed deck wood reminding me that spring (although the ground hog did not see his shadow) is just around the corner.

Stay safe and warm and share your views please.

Love will make a way out of no way. -Lynda Barry

Cheryle is Farmgirl #604
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  12:21:27 PM  Show Profile
Cheryle...beautiful pictures...but they are making me cold! We have no snow but have had
an arctic front for a couple days and I have been freezing from my nose to my toes! lol

blessings,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  12:44:36 PM  Show Profile
Thanks PeggyAnn-I will feel you pain in about two hours. They say as the sun will set today that the temp will drop to -10. There are parts of our town that have no electricity. Matter of fact since I am a Deere girl(I work for a Tractor dealership)the only reason I am home today is that the shop had no power. That it the scary side of Mother Nature. I have to say other than for the wind (67 mph)last night the lightning and thunder made this an exciting blizzard so far!

Cheryle is Farmgirl #604
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  2:15:49 PM  Show Profile
Your place looks a lot like mine! It is kind of pretty.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  2:49:11 PM  Show Profile
Daine can you send a picture? I'll bet you got more snow than we did and is it really cold now? It is due to get very chilly here tonight. I worry about the boys(my dogs)and the pipes.

Cheryle is Farmgirl #604
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  6:10:04 PM  Show Profile
Cheryle...I saw about the thunder and lightening on the news. That was pretty
strange!!!!! It ended up being in the 50's today and I worked on my Porch and
Garden for a little bit. OK, I will shut up now and not complain about the couple
of days of Arctic Temps...you guys have us way beat on BAD TO THE BONE weather! lol

blessings,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2011 :  08:30:06 AM  Show Profile

Mr. Potter did not see his shadow either this week!

The thunder and lightning were awesome. My dad often calls from Huntington Beach and give me the local weather and tide info so don't feel bad...I get alot of ribbing from my family too.

Cheryle is Farmgirl #604
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2011 :  2:20:31 PM  Show Profile

Now that I figured out how to post a picture..here is what I see out the kitchen window. Wild turkey, deer. This is pretty much our entertainment center. :)

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  4:54:59 PM  Show Profile
I am in absolute awe! I would never leave my window...I tell you I would sit there with my camera all day. Now that you have figured it out (posting pics)please send more. Just lovely Judith!!!!!!

Cheryle is Farmgirl #604
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  11:15:00 AM  Show Profile
for right now,,,the sun is shining(yippeee) the snow has melted and the ground is mushy! but it is still bone chilling cold outside.....

Judy, I luv your photo,,,isn't nature entertaining? I luv it until the giant rats w/antlers start nibbling on my fruit trees! aacckkk!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  5:50:13 PM  Show Profile
Judith...beautiful scenery out your kitchen window girlfriend! Thanks for sharing!

blessings,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  11:30:39 AM  Show Profile

And the thaw begins...

Cheryle is Farmgirl #604
Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2011 :  12:45:39 PM  Show Profile
Today it is grey and wet. We seem to be approaching lake front property although we do NOT have a lake just lots of rain. Yesterday I actually heard song birds and it was much warmer. My beau and I went out to servey what winter damage had been done. The raised bed had been heaved by the cold. I had to tend to the french wire baskets which are woven into my deck wall by last years vines. We picked up trash that always mysteriously blows into our yard and what seemed to be about 10 lbs of Bichon poo as it was the first clear day after the big thaw. While having my coffee today and peering at my seedlings and my stack of seed catologs it is hard to think of Spring when it this grey. In our home Spring start on March 1st as my spouse being to ride his bicycle again to work and so do I a couple of days a week. I will drag out the cold frames and we will be making some new ones as a project with the girls from my farmgirl chapter. How about you? What are your Spring dreams for the "veiw from your kitchen window?" Drop me a line and let me know will you.

Cheryle is Farmgirl #604
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  12:11:00 PM  Show Profile
Here is today's view from our kitchen window. Looks like we won't be gardening soon. 1st view is my toddler Henry Lauder walking stick shrub (my splurge last year). I call him Bob Narly (or just Bob) for his really narly branches. 2nd pic is looking up into tree across from feeders. Sometimes we have nine pairs of cardinals.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  5:50:10 PM  Show Profile
I totally looooooove your sense of humor! GREAT name for your shrub. And this cardinal photo looks like it should be in a magazine. It is so lovely. Does Mr Red look as if he were lit up on a drab day. Do you have a feeder that attracts this many of them? Thank you for posting and please post others as these are the bomb.

Cheryle is Farmgirl #604
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  09:58:02 AM  Show Profile
WOWZERS! I luv the Cardinal in the tree...wish we had them up here.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2011 :  07:08:45 AM  Show Profile
We live on a little wooded acreage across from a river. So, the wildlife and birds are already here. We have a couple of bird feeders close to the house to entice the songbirds. Of course, everyone else takes advantage of the banquet. Here are turkeys taking heading for the river. They stop to nibble on the way through.

Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2011 :  4:52:24 PM  Show Profile
Judith,
Look how many there are-Are there usually that many at one time? I hate to sound silly but do you have a good zoom or did you get rather close to those boys? We get them occasionally but they have always seemed to be mean. I just can't get over how many there are. What else comes to your feeder? Thank you for sharing and I hope you will continue...looks like you get some lovely sunsets there too!

Cheryle is Farmgirl #604
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2011 :  6:59:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Cheryle. DH gave me a Nikon coolpix S6000 for valentines day. So, I am just learning to use it. The turkeys really aren't mean.. In fact, since they know about the bird feeders, they will stay about 3 ft from DH when he goes out to fill the feeders. They are so used to him..everytime the garage door goes up they come running. I used the little camera's zoom on the close up. Didn't work as well as I hoped. But you can see where the feeders are located between the drive and the house. Sometimes they roost in our trees..the only thing I would I fear is when they jump out of the trees, its like a bowling ball dropping. I'm afraid one will fall on DH. lol

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2011 :  7:02:34 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I guess the feeder is actually closer to the house..I adjusted the zoom so the birds look further away, so I could get them all in. It's hard to get the shots right from the kitchen window.

Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2011 :  08:24:51 AM  Show Profile
I have been so smug about not have any snow to speak of this winter but we got hit the last few day. Here is what I see out my kitchen window. the deck, the gate to all outdoors. It is pretty I must admit. MN

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2011 :  08:54:38 AM  Show Profile
Now this is beautiful, Marybeth! Love your gate..to a piece of paradise.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2011 :  09:34:53 AM  Show Profile
MaryBeth...Picture Post Card Perfect! Snow always looks so fresh, clean and pure
when it first falls. Thanks for sharing!

Hugs and Smiles,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2011 :  3:52:35 PM  Show Profile
Mary Beth,
I think your view is delightful. I love the snow laden pines in the backround they look fab and your gate is so charming. Thank you so much for sharing. Your arbor is lovely too did you make it? Keep posting I'd love to see the view in the Spring time. It looks like you have a birdbath as well- what a charming and peaceful view you have.

Cheryle is Farmgirl #604
Go to Top of Page

shabbyms
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Cheryle
Naperville IL
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2011 :  3:54:41 PM  Show Profile
Judith,
I laughed out loud when I read your response. I could just imagine one of those turkeys scaring the crap out of my beau. Keep sending photos- I think you have a lovely view- are you by a park setting?

Cheryle is Farmgirl #604
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Garden Gate: Previous Topic Veiws from the kitchen window Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page