Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  08:04:45 AM  Show Profile
oops no I didn't that was another swap blocks I mailed. sorry.

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
Beverley with an extra E...
https://sites.google.com/site/bevsdoggies/
http://bevsdoggies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  5:11:34 PM  Show Profile
Beverly....I'm so glad that you clarified that as I was wondering just where you had sent them to! Okay, here is my address. It seems as though everyone is almost done, so go ahead and send me ELEVEN blocks. We have 12 swappers but do not need to send blocks that we make for ourselves.

Carrie Meerwarth
PO Box 251
Argyle, NY 12809

Let me know here on the site that you have sent your blocks and I will post here as I receive them so that you know they made it to me. Once I receive all the blocks I will divide them up and get them right out to you. I will post here as I send them out and would like to here back that you receive them. If there are any problems please let me know.

This is soooooo fun!!!! I can't wait to see the blocks :-)

Carrie

www.apronsoftheadirondacks.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

happyworkerbee
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Theresa
St. Maries Idaho
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  6:07:38 PM  Show Profile  Send happyworkerbee a Yahoo! Message
Post office closed will mail mine on Monday. Can't wait to see how these turned out.
Theresa

Some times all you can do is wait for some kind soul to pull you out of the mess you'd gotten yourself into...
Go to Top of Page

mywunderfullife
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Amanda
Douglas WY
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2011 :  07:46:28 AM  Show Profile
Won't make it in before noon today to mail mine so I will have to mail them on Tuesday if I can get in, we are awaiting a large winter storm! I will let you know exactly when they go out!! Thanks once again for doing this!!!

"don't outsmart your common sense and never let your praying knees get lazy"

Farmgirl #2424!!
Go to Top of Page

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2011 :  8:42:19 PM  Show Profile
Mine went to the post office today!
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

happyworkerbee
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Theresa
St. Maries Idaho
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  11:30:34 AM  Show Profile  Send happyworkerbee a Yahoo! Message
Mine are on my way to you. I have also inclose a self address envelope for the return.
Theresa

Some times all you can do is wait for some kind soul to pull you out of the mess you'd gotten yourself into...
Go to Top of Page

quiltingbea
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

bea
gretna va
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2011 :  12:38:33 PM  Show Profile
Carrie,
My blocks are on their way. But I was in a hurry to get them out today that I forgot to put in self addressed envelope. I'll put one in the mail tomorrow.....How much postage will I need?
Bea

Edited by - quiltingbea on Mar 07 2011 12:40:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W

437 Posts

USA
437 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2011 :  11:45:22 AM  Show Profile
Hi All--

I received Debbie's squares yesterday, despite a howling Nor'Easter!!! They are lovely, Debbie!!!

Can't wait to see more!

Please make sure that you place the same amount of postage on your pre-addressed envelope as it took to send the batch out to me. So, when you get your package weighed, get the same amount of postage for the empty envelope, and then enclose the empty envelope into your package and send it off!

Carrie

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2011 :  2:23:03 PM  Show Profile
I sent it out today and had them put the postage on the inside envelope as well...

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
Beverley with an extra E...
https://sites.google.com/site/bevsdoggies/
http://bevsdoggies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W

437 Posts

USA
437 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2011 :  12:46:41 PM  Show Profile
Bea, I have yours now, also! I LOVE the chicken print!!!

I didn't look at the amount of postage on the other envelopes, but I'll check it out when I get home and let you know what it will take to mail them back to you.

I'll be in touch!
Carrie

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Go to Top of Page

happyworkerbee
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Theresa
St. Maries Idaho
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2011 :  1:27:52 PM  Show Profile  Send happyworkerbee a Yahoo! Message
If you use the if it fits it ships for one low price envelopes ( watching way to much tv.) mine shipped for 4.95. from Idaho to New York.
Theresa

Go to Top of Page

Carrie W

437 Posts

USA
437 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2011 :  1:39:45 PM  Show Profile
Theresa,

Thanks, that may be a good way to go, but I think that the ones I've received have been closer to two dollars, so Bea, let me find out first and then you can decide what you want to do.

Carrie

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Go to Top of Page

quiltingbea
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

bea
gretna va
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2011 :  4:21:05 PM  Show Profile
Carrie,
Don't worry about the postage.....I went ahead and sent u an envelope today with a self address envelope inside. I think when I sent you the blocks. I paid 4.95.
Glad u like the chicken fabric.

Bea
Farmsister #2575

To everything their is a season....
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2011 :  5:16:16 PM  Show Profile
I sent mine yesterday afternoon.

Holly

Go to Top of Page

Carrie W

437 Posts

USA
437 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2011 :  5:26:15 PM  Show Profile
Bea...it will be $2.95 to mail your squares back to you!

Theresa and Beverly, I received your squares today!! They are awesome :-)

Carrie

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Edited by - Carrie W on Mar 11 2011 5:27:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

mywunderfullife
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Amanda
Douglas WY
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2011 :  05:57:57 AM  Show Profile
Carrie,

Sorry for the delay, we've had snow and then sun which gave us mud!! Anyway, mine went out yesterday. Not sure how long it takes from WY, but they are on their way!! Can't wait to get them back and see everyones blocks!! Lucky you, getting to see them already!! ;)

Thanks for all the work!! It will be really fun to see pics of all the quilts.

Farmgirl #2424!!
Go to Top of Page

mywunderfullife
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Amanda
Douglas WY
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2011 :  07:11:20 AM  Show Profile
Carrie,

OMGoodness, I woke up last night and realized that I had forgot to "stamp" my self-addresed envelope!!! I just stuck it in there and sent it off.

I will be in today and will drop the $5 in the mail to you. I used one of those flat rate envelopes that send for $4.95.

Don't know where my head was!! :)

Mandy

Farmgirl #2424!!
Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2011 :  07:19:50 AM  Show Profile
My blocks were mailed last week - I hope you receive them early this week.

If you can't feed one hundred people, then just feed one. -Mother Teresa

Star - farmgirl sister #1927

Master Food Preserver
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W

437 Posts

USA
437 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2011 :  09:51:16 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, everyone!! Hope this Monday finds you all well and ready for spring! I am hearing reports of snow from some of you, as we have had this past week, too.

I went to the post office this morning and it was like Christmas!! I received...

Bea's envelope with postage, thanks!
Amanda's package, love the earthy colors in your squares, and I'll watch for postage :-)
Holly's squares, WOW! handstitched centers!
Starletts's package--love the pumpkins and...CHICKENS!
Vicki's squares--looks like you got the hang of it...they are fantastic!

So, I'm just about ready to mix them up and send them back. I got my 11th square done, yeah!

Thank you, all, for your notes...I can't wait to send your squares to you. You're going to love them all and they are SO compatible!!

xo Carrie M

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Go to Top of Page

happyworkerbee
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Theresa
St. Maries Idaho
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2011 :  4:33:45 PM  Show Profile  Send happyworkerbee a Yahoo! Message
Carrie,
Thanks so much for the exchange. This has been a lot of fun and really got me thinking out of my comfort zone. I am really excited to get them back and make my quilt. I will be taking it to my quild meeting as soon as they are done and showing them off. Spring has finally hit North Idaho, I hope. Looking forward to rain instead of snow. This way I get a break from outside activities and get to sew more. Again, Thanks so much.
Theresa

Go to Top of Page

quiltingbea
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

bea
gretna va
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2011 :  7:50:22 PM  Show Profile
Carrie,
Thanks so much for coming up with the ideas of the signature quilt. Can't wait to see everyones blocks. I have some ideas on how I want to put my quilt together. I was thinking of making it as a wall hanging with a wide border. That I will applique my merit badges as I earn them. So far I have two but I hope to earn more.
Let's all take a picture of our finish tops or quilts. What do you think chicks
Bea
Farmgirl #2575

To everything their is a season....
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  12:12:56 PM  Show Profile
I have ideas on how I want to put all the squares together. I want to enter the finished quilt in the Tunbridge Worls's Fair. I have won two ribbons there in the past. the fun is in the entering. I would like to hear opinions on having their piece part of the entry. http://www.tunbridgeworldsfair.com/

Holly

Go to Top of Page

happyworkerbee
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Theresa
St. Maries Idaho
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  1:28:17 PM  Show Profile  Send happyworkerbee a Yahoo! Message
I think it is a great idea to display your quilt at the Worlds Fair. I have often thought of putting mine in our local county fair. It does sound like a lot of fun.
Theresa

farmgirl # 2811
Go to Top of Page

vmfein
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Valerie
Dale City VA
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2011 :  7:19:57 PM  Show Profile
I am mailing mine out tomorrow via priority mail. should be there then in 2-3 days.

Farmgirl Sister #2619
Go to Top of Page

vmfein
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Valerie
Dale City VA
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2011 :  7:58:41 PM  Show Profile
I used the pigma ink pens but do not thank I will ever use them again. First time I have used them but the first one ran out just by using it on 5 sqaures. Good thing that I had bought more as the store only had three of them. The writing part didn't come out that great either. Anyone else have these problems with the pens? Perhaps it was because there were the fine ones? Those were the only ones the store had. Too bad that my sewing machine doesn't have embroidery software available for it.

Farmgirl Sister #2619
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Signature quilt square swap Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page