Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2011 :  11:27:34 AM  Show Profile
Jumping up and down!!!! Ihave ten done! Going to make number eleven so I will have one or an extra for others who join us.

Holly

Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2011 :  11:35:02 AM  Show Profile
I am done. let me know when to mail....

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
Beverley with an extra E...
https://sites.google.com/site/bevsdoggies/
http://bevsdoggies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  5:32:41 PM  Show Profile
Great job, everyone! Keep sewing and let me know when you have the 10 squares done. I am updating the first post so that we can see how the swap is progressing. We have 4 ladies done making squares!!!!

Stay warm!

Carrie

www.apronsoftheadirondacks.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

mywunderfullife
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Amanda
Douglas WY
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  12:16:57 PM  Show Profile
I looked at the first page. You must have missed my post, but I have all 10 done as well. I even made myself one so I could put it in the quilt with all the info for the swap.

Can't wait to get them swapped.

"don't outsmart your common sense and never let your praying knees get lazy"

Farmgirl #2424!!
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W

437 Posts

USA
437 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  2:16:59 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Amanda...I must have missed it. Great job, and I'll update the first post. Almost time to actually do a swap!!!!

Carrie m

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

quiltingbea
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

bea
gretna va
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  7:22:36 PM  Show Profile
i did my 10th block today...they are all trimmed to an 11 inch block...I figured everyone could do thier own trimming....Now i'm going to make myself one.

farmgirl sisterhood #2575
Go to Top of Page

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2011 :  9:43:01 PM  Show Profile
I have ten done and ready to go!
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W

437 Posts

USA
437 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  11:42:43 AM  Show Profile
Hi All~

Karen, Valerie, Vicki, and Carol...how is your sewing going?? Would you please update us as to how many blocks you have done?

I will let you all know when to send them in!

Carrie

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Go to Top of Page

happyworkerbee
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Theresa
St. Maries Idaho
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  11:54:07 AM  Show Profile  Send happyworkerbee a Yahoo! Message
Hi I just signed on and would love to participate in the quilt square swap. Is it to late to get started. could you please let me know the details in the swap and details on the block. I just finished a signature quilt for my mom that was signe by relatives and friends at my dad's memorial. Let me know if it is not to late. Thanks Theresa
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W

437 Posts

USA
437 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  12:22:38 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Theresa! Get sewing!!!! We are almost all finished with our squares but you are welcome to join us. Most of the details are in posts on page 1 and 2, but the idea is that you make a unbleached muslin center with your name, city and state, sisterhood # if you have one. Then you place it in the center of a 11" block of foundation fabric (scrappy fabric) and crazy quilt around the outside. There is a tutorial link in an early post. Check out the photos in the thread and we look forward to swapping with you!

Carrie

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Go to Top of Page

happyworkerbee
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Theresa
St. Maries Idaho
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  4:34:33 PM  Show Profile  Send happyworkerbee a Yahoo! Message
Got my idea and am ready to start sewing.
Go to Top of Page

happyworkerbee
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Theresa
St. Maries Idaho
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  12:20:27 PM  Show Profile  Send happyworkerbee a Yahoo! Message
Have one block done after much trial and error;{ how many do we need and do we want to do any decorative stitches. I am glad that I got on board with this one. I needed something to challenge me since I have avoided the crazy quilt like "crazy" LOL. After last night and 3 block oops later I GOT IT! Should have 10 done this week end. ( sleep is so overrated). Happy stitching to all. Waiting for Farmgirl number
Theresa

Some days all you can do is wait for some kind soul to pull you out of the mess you'd gotten yourself into....
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W

437 Posts

USA
437 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2011 :  09:24:29 AM  Show Profile
Great job, Theresa!!!! Sorry about the oops but glad you got it and are enjoying the challenge. Keep in touch and we'll be swapping soon!!

Carrie

PS ....doing a major kitchen/dining room renovation project so I may not be on more than once or twice a week, but I'll keep in touch and CANNOT wait to see all your squares!

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Go to Top of Page

Pearlsnjeans
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Vicki
West Haven Utah
USA
248 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2011 :  6:25:16 PM  Show Profile
Hey everyone! I have finally finished 4 blocks; with #5 in progress! Hoping to finish all by next weekend. Sometimes work really gets in the way of life. :o)
Carrie, you are very ambitious. Post before and after pictures, please! Kitchen re-do is on my list of projects and ideas are welcome!

Vicki
Farmgirl Sister #120
Today well lived makes every yesterday a memory of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope.
Go to Top of Page

vmfein
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Valerie
Dale City VA
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2011 :  6:32:17 PM  Show Profile
I worked on one and it was unusable. Then the second block was a good one. So far I only have one done, but think I have it now. Midterms were this past and on this Tuesday. So after tuesday or before I hope to have the rest done.

Farmgirl Sister #2619
Go to Top of Page

happyworkerbee
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Theresa
St. Maries Idaho
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  1:05:00 PM  Show Profile  Send happyworkerbee a Yahoo! Message
Have 7 done. Waiting to know how many exactly. I am going to do 12 and should have the last 5 done tonight. Can't wait to make the swap.
Theresa
Waiting for farm girl numbersome times all you can do is wait for some kind soul to pull you out of the mess you've gotten yourself into....
Go to Top of Page

vmfein
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Valerie
Dale City VA
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  3:42:15 PM  Show Profile
I have four done so far but do we need to have 10 or 11 done? Will work on some more tomorrow.

Farmgirl Sister #2619
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W

437 Posts

USA
437 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2011 :  06:46:54 AM  Show Profile
Okay, Ladies!

We have 12 of us making squares, but you don't need to make 12 unless you want to keep one for yourself. We need to have 11 squares each to send in for the swap. I will send each of you back 11 squares, not including one of your own.

So...when you have 11 squares done, let me know. We are still waiting on a couple of ladies to finish. Check the first post on page 1 and make sure that if you are done your name has a smiley by it. If you don't see a smiley, let me know so that I can update it. When we are all done, I will post my address for you to send them in!!!

Can't wait to see all the squares!

Carrie M

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Go to Top of Page

Pearlsnjeans
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Vicki
West Haven Utah
USA
248 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2011 :  4:43:28 PM  Show Profile
Yippie! I have finally finished 12 blocks. Sorry to be a straggler.....

Vicki
Farmgirl Sister #120
Today well lived makes every yesterday a memory of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope.
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W

437 Posts

USA
437 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2011 :  12:12:12 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, Vicki! Got you updated.

For everyone else, since we have another swapper, we need to have 11 blocks instead of 10. I just realized that it means I need to make another block, which is fine, but I wanted to make sure everyone sent in 11!!!

Okay....we're almost ready. Stay posted!

Carrie

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Go to Top of Page

happyworkerbee
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Theresa
St. Maries Idaho
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2011 :  3:35:38 PM  Show Profile  Send happyworkerbee a Yahoo! Message
I will have the last one done tonight:-} I think this may be one of my favorite swaps. Thanks so much for the fun.
Theresa

Some times all you can do is wait for some kind soul to pull you out of the mess you'd gotten yourself into...
Go to Top of Page

vmfein
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Valerie
Dale City VA
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2011 :  4:52:06 PM  Show Profile
I plan on having all of mine done no later than Saturday if not sooner. This week is mid-terms and then I spent all today with my husband at his doctors appointment.

Farmgirl Sister #2619
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2011 :  5:56:37 PM  Show Profile
I will have number 11 done by Friday. the embroidery is done the crazy quilt part is the easy part.

Holly

Go to Top of Page

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  01:30:53 AM  Show Profile
I'm getting excited to see all these blocks!
Valerie, hope all went well with the doctors.
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2011 :  08:03:42 AM  Show Profile
I mailed mine yesterday,

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
Beverley with an extra E...
https://sites.google.com/site/bevsdoggies/
http://bevsdoggies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Signature quilt square swap Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page