635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2011 :  9:47:00 PM  Show Profile
Valerie,
I have used the same fine point pigma ink pen on 3 signature qult block
swaps and it hasn't run out of ink yet. Maybe you could take yours back?
I iron on the back side a piece of freezer paper, it holds the fabric taunt
so it doen't stretch out as much while I'm trying to write. Hope this helps.
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2011 :  12:22:34 PM  Show Profile
Valerie...I have your squares! They are wonderful...I'm glad you made it through midterms so that you could join in with us!

Has anyone heard from Karen? I haven't had any response from her. This may mean that I will have to send you each one of your squares back with your other blocks. I will contact her again and hope to hear from her. Otherwise, I will put them all together and get them out early next week!

Thanks for your participation...you're going to love the blocks!

Carrie

www.apronsoftheadirondacks.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

vmfein
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Valerie
Dale City VA
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2011 :  6:29:41 PM  Show Profile
Oh I forgot my blocks are 11" so then can be trimmed down by the recipient as needed.

Farmgirl Sister #2619
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W

437 Posts

USA
437 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  10:05:31 AM  Show Profile
Hello Everyone!

Blocks are sorted, packaged, and ready to go!

I will get them all in the mail tomorrow, so be watching your mailboxes. It's so exciting...you're going to love them!

Please let me know when you receive your package so that I know they have all safely arrived, and feel free to contact me anytime. I love you gals!

Carrie

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

mywunderfullife
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Amanda
Douglas WY
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  3:42:55 PM  Show Profile
Carrie,

Thank you so much!! Can't wait for them to get here. I am guessing that you must have gotten my postage!! Thank you again for putting this all together.

Mandy

"don't outsmart your common sense and never let your praying knees get lazy"

Farmgirl #2424!!
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W

437 Posts

USA
437 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2011 :  2:37:34 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Mandy...I got your postage. Thank you! I was sick yesterday so they went out this morning. Please let me know as you get them :-)

Carrie

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Go to Top of Page

happyworkerbee
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Theresa
St. Maries Idaho
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  3:59:28 PM  Show Profile  Send happyworkerbee a Yahoo! Message
I will be looking in the mail daily for them to arrive. Hope to post pic's when I get them put together. Thanks again for a great swap.
Theresa

Some times all you can do is wait for some kind soul to pull you out of the mess you'd gotten yourself into...
farmgirl # 2811
Go to Top of Page

happyworkerbee
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Theresa
St. Maries Idaho
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  12:34:55 PM  Show Profile  Send happyworkerbee a Yahoo! Message
Carrie,
got my blocks today. Thanks so much. They are all incredible. It was fun to see where they all came from. I am on my way up to my friends quilt store to show them off. I have not yet been to the farm in Moscow but look forward to do so one day. I understand that it is pretty cool. Well, can't wait to get home to put these together. Thanks again for the great swap, you did a great job putting it together.
Theresa

Some times all you can do is wait for some kind soul to pull you out of the mess you'd gotten yourself into...
farmgirl # 2811
Go to Top of Page

Pearlsnjeans
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Vicki
West Haven Utah
USA
248 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  8:20:40 PM  Show Profile
Carrie
received my blocks today. It's fun to see all the different fabrics and where they blocks are from. I haven't decided how to put this together yet, but I want to practice some decorative embroidery first so it may be a while. Thanks everyone! Thanks Carrie for hosting this swap.

Vicki
Farmgirl Sister #120
Today well lived makes every yesterday a memory of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope.
Go to Top of Page

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2011 :  12:58:51 AM  Show Profile
wow, thanks everyone the blocks are beautiful!
Thanks Carrie for a great swap!
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

vmfein
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Valerie
Dale City VA
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2011 :  08:27:15 AM  Show Profile
I received my blocks yesterday. Thanks so much everyone and for Carrier for the swap. I am waiting to see what a quilt guild swap comes up with, to see if perhaps I can put all of the blocks together to make one quilt.

Farmgirl Sister #2619
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2011 :  7:13:36 PM  Show Profile
OMG ladies, these are beautiful!!!! thank you so much for this swap. it was fun and I would be willing to do it again to get more blocks. Thank you carrie!!!!

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
Beverley with an extra E...
https://sites.google.com/site/bevsdoggies/
http://bevsdoggies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W

437 Posts

USA
437 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2011 :  3:23:34 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, looks like about half of us have our blocks. So glad that you all liked them, as I knew you would!

Remember, I want to see your finished project so please, please, please post some photos.

Love you all....you were wonderful to work with

xo carrie

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2011 :  05:54:44 AM  Show Profile
Ladies, I absolutely love these blocks - Carrie, thank you for hosting!

If you can't feed one hundred people, then just feed one. -Mother Teresa

Star - farmgirl sister #1927

Master Food Preserver
Go to Top of Page

mywunderfullife
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Amanda
Douglas WY
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2011 :  06:20:51 AM  Show Profile
I received my blocks on Friday and I am sooooo excited!! They are all so pretty. Thank you to all you ladies for doing this and making it so much fun! A HUGE thank you to Carrie for coordinating all this and hosting the swap!!! I am trying to decide how I want to arrange my blocks, I am thinking that I may make some more to set with them. Not sure though. Can't wait to start seeing the finished projects!

Thanks again!!

"don't outsmart your common sense and never let your praying knees get lazy"

Farmgirl #2424!!
Go to Top of Page

happyworkerbee
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Theresa
St. Maries Idaho
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2011 :  5:19:23 PM  Show Profile  Send happyworkerbee a Yahoo! Message
Just about finished with the quilt. I made one extra block and used it for the middle. I did 3 X 4 put them together with backing and batting. I am quilting the decrative stitches as the quilting. I think it will be pretty when finished. I will post pics as soon as I am done. Thanks for the inspiration.
Theresa

farmgirl # 2811
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  6:34:45 PM  Show Profile
I received the pieces a week or so ago. I have been having difficulty with an internet connection. We only live twelve miles from the state capital but we must figure otu how to access the internet on our own. We are too far out for cable. We had a little piece of plastic that looked like a thumb drive to be our connection but it broke several times. Now we have my-fi and hopefully will be more reliable.
The quilt pieces are very nice. I need to find time to sit down and figure out a pattern. I thought I would make another piece with Mary Jane's farm friends on it with the swap dates onit.

Holly

Go to Top of Page

Carrie W

437 Posts

USA
437 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  1:15:58 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like everyone has their blocks, but if anyone hasn't received them yet please let me know. Have fun and please, please, please post photos!

Carrie

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Signature quilt square swap Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page