Page: of 2

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2010 :  08:01:12 AM  Show Profile
Patricai, know what you mean. Thru the years it has gotten so much about money and name brands! Lets all try and do the very best we can and celebrate our way, even if, only in our hearts!! Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2010 :  11:06:36 AM  Show Profile
Girls DH and I went to Old Time Pottery yesterday and didn't even know they were having a sale. But they had 3 aisles of 90% off. I got $45.oo of goodies for $4.50. I felt I came out a winner. Picked up a few things for gifts. Things they would of loved getting, yet I was able to save some$$$! It's not the cost of things, it all about the spirit of giving and the love behind it. With Tom still not finding a job, it's been a year now, this sure helps me out. If you are gift giving watch for the sales.

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

Arctic Flower
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Marjorie
Nenana Alaska
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2010 :  2:11:44 PM  Show Profile
There all gone now. All my family have passed on. It's a little weird to know you are the last living person of two families, maternal and paternal. So as you can imagine this time of year brings floods of memories as I hear Christmas carols, listen to my friends talk about their families and all the other activities that surround us all this time of year. You would expect me to be sad or lonely but I'm not because I keep those memories alive all year. After all that's why we return to this holiday each year with such gusto. We love those old memories of yesteryear and want to re-live them. So during the year I may recall something special that happened to me in the past and I try to find someone who I can do something special for in the same way. I can pass on good intentions, the person gets a boost when they really need it, and I have the joy of recalling a wonderful memory through another person's experience. I don't just do this for my friends, but for anyone I see that I come in contact with on a regular basis ( the produce guy at the grocery store, the girls that work behind the counter at the post office, the beautician at the next table, the nurse in the clinic, etc.). It takes hard work to live and we all do that. Give yourself a hug and know in your heart we really can love each other. Blessings and peace to you all in the coming days.

Believe in the power of Love!
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2010 :  5:02:04 PM  Show Profile
Marjorie, thank your for all you shared and reminding us to hold those special to us close and to cherish them. May you be blessed this season!! Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Family Matters: Previous Topic Holidays Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page