Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 Adoption PURPLES - UPDATE 2/9/11
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic Adoption PURPLES - UPDATE 2/9/11 Next Topic
Page: of 5

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  8:29:42 PM  Show Profile
Hang in there, Jessie!

You have gotten some good advice here.
I wish you the very best in the coming days.
Mary LD

Haflingers- You can't have just one!
( I'm just one short of a drill team!)
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  9:03:49 PM  Show Profile
I don't know what to say , other than stay positive and God bless you and this little girl. I don't know why govt. agencies make everything so difficult. I pray that you get her soon and her life settles down. I once worked at a home for disabled adults, some of whom were wards of the state, and the state does NOT always have their best interests. Sometimes their caretakers were the people who loved them most. It breaks my heart to see children treated this way. Not to mention what it does to your nerves. Please stay positive and I'm praying for you.
cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

snowberryfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

132 Posts

Michelle
Central Wa WA
USA
132 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  7:55:19 PM  Show Profile
I just read through this thread...what I dont really understand is why they are placing her with new foster parents? Why not just place her with you now? Makes no sense to me...this will just damage her more...multiple placements, etc.

I also wanted to comment about what you heard about foster/adopt-infants and younger children. We are licensed foster parents, we take infants-2 year olds. We have two baby girls currently. We are also foster/adopt so they place babies with us that will most likely go to adoption. There is a huge need here for this, and many many families end up adopting the children placed with them. Yes, of course, they do try and get reunification, but so often, the bio parents just don't comply, and the dept. knows these little ones need permanancy. It takes a lot of patience, but it is so worth it.

Did you go through classes to learn about older child adoption/child trauma due to multiple placements, attachment issues, neglect and abuse issues? The majority of older kids in foster care need specialized parenting due to such instability/and trauma in their early years.

Best wishes to you!

Michelle
www.snowberryfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Family Matters: Previous Topic Adoption PURPLES - UPDATE 2/9/11 Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page