kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  09:22:30 AM  Show Profile
KAthy, Sherry and Brenda, I am going back through each page and checking in on everyone to see how ya'll are doing. I hope you're all doing well.

Hugs, Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  10:43:17 AM  Show Profile
...well, I was motivated by your courage, Kris.
Last night I finally went to sleep at decent time and made myself get up at decent time... which is great improvement from recent past.. sleeping at 3 or 2 am then up at 1pm or so. Bleh!
This morning I went back to my Curves.. I felt really awful not using the membership much lately and hubby was still paying on it. I did feel better today for it.

You keep on the keep on with the walkin' Kris... Everyone else too!!
My sisters are inspirational!
(((HUGS)))

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  12:35:40 PM  Show Profile
Okay gals - got my 30 minutes in today and...drumroll please...no soda pop today. Of course, there isn't any in the house and its a long drive into the market but celebrate small victories right?

farmgirl sister #1927
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  12:51:47 PM  Show Profile
Yay Kerrieann!! ANother one on the boat! I was thinking about Curves also. They are all over around here. If it's paid for ya better use it! ANd I have heard it's very low impact too. So good to start out that way. You sound like my friend Kathy. She goes to bed about 3 AM and sleeps til about 10 or 11. Yokes! I can't imagine. My animals would be mad at me. But it's hard for her to do it any other way anymore. She's so used to it now after all these years. I hope you can do it. I will be thinking about you too now.

Very good, Starletta! I am so proud of you! And no soda either. Very impressive for sure. That's a good thing that the store is so far away. They are here too. SO I just don't bother. AND think of all the money you could save not drinking them! You might could start saving and come to the Southern farmgirls retreat next Oct. 2011 in Toccoa, Ga. That would be a great incentive to save. You could have a nice weekend with a bunch of other great farmgirls. Something to think about.

I just mowed the chicken yard area. It's HOT out there. I am not looking forward to a walk tonight.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  4:28:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi All, Dave and I walked the track this morning - did a mile. Planning on going in the morning before we head to Atlanta to Doctor's appointments.
Karrieann - you go girl (that is to bed at a decent hour . Proud of you.
Kris hope you enjoyed your walk tonight.
ok girls, we have to keep motivated! yea - go girls!
Going to go sew!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  5:46:24 PM  Show Profile
Already day 7! I am so proud of me and all of you! We are all doing so good. I just can't imagine having to do this for 30 or 40 mores years though. I was thinking about that today. Taht's a long time. I'll have to change it up all the time. I don't like doing the same thing over and over. I like change. But I don't know if I like the new screen. It's way too bright and hurts my eyes alot. I have my screen turned down at a slant. I wonder if there is a brightness knob. What do ya'll think? I hope we get to vote.

I wish I could post pictures. I want to share with you where I walked tonight. It's just spectacular and beautiful and so peaceful. My own personal walking track. Not a single vehicle the whole time I was walking. So nice. It's about 5 miles from my house at the end of this road. Well, it would be a dead end but there is a windy 2 lane road that goes up to Lookout Mt amd Pigeon Mt. It's a valley where the 2 mountains meet. It's called Mt. Cove Farm. It's a very old farm. There was a dairy with a few big huge dairy barns. It has to be over a thousand acres or more. Goea all the wat up both mountains. Fields of corn and soybeans. They have weddings out there now. ANd there are several cabins like B&B's. It's just beautiful there. SO I will walk there this week. It's nice and flat where I walked with hills at both ends. I wish you all could come here and walk with me.

Ruth, that's so good that you walked this morning. And had company too. I hope you have good doctor appts. and a good day.

It rained earlier this evening and I was worried I wasn't going to be able to walk outside. I was thinking I could turn on the music on the tv but the satallite was out. But it worked out alright. I came home and caught a few roosters! I caught the bad one I have been trying to catch for a LONG time! Already Jimmy Buffet knows he's in the chicken house and will soon be gone. I am so happy. Hopefully he'll go to a good home in Chattanooga Wed.

Happy walking, ya'll!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  6:07:09 PM  Show Profile
Kris I am so proud of you!
I did not walk today, but pulled some of my 6 ft weeds(& no, I am not kidding, ask Linda!) in the fenced bed in front of my house. It needs to be mowed, but there are so many perennials, garlic, herbs etc in there that need to be saved. So I just pulled & pulled & gave to the chickens. It was a workout, & you still can't even tell I was in there.
But on the plus side, I discovered that apparently potatoes LOVE this environmet, cause I found several big ones. I was sure they wouldn't make it. & also a nest of bunnies. Just what I need, more dang bunnies!
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  6:15:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi all! I have been bad the last 2 days but ... been busy with the garden, canning and canning. Yesterday shredding zucchini, today the beets, canned beets, pickled beets and then some jelly with the juice. Instead of grape I made cherry this year Did walk down to mail box and moving all day so that should count a little ??
Cooled off here so be good walking. You all sound like you are doing great!

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

Mama Jewel
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Jewel
Sweet Peas Farmette, Bend, OR
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  9:11:03 PM  Show Profile
Yay! Day 7 --You Go, Girl! I know what you mean about changing it up. It was starting to get pretty dark when I started out tonight, so the walk was short. I need to find some cows around here! Instead, I get to smell what people have cooked for dinner (lol)... I'd much rather smell hay. It had cooled down tonight which was nice and a pretty half moon to look at. Have a good sleep & see ya in the morning!

Farm Girl Sister #1683 Living Simply & Naturally on our lil Sweet Peas Farmette
"Do Everything in Love." 1 Cor 14
http://www.piecemama.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  05:36:19 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all. Lisa, working in the garden is the best workout ever. You are bending and pulling and stretching and most important, sweating! And lifting too. So really, it's a good thing. And you actually accomplish something too. So good for you anyway!

Rae,you can do it, girl! Same with you, gardening is great excercise. So don't feel bad like you didn't do anything. Then all the canning and moving around. That's the main thing is the movement. Just as long as you aren't just sitting. And how did you make cherry jelly from beet juice? I want the recipe. I have beets that need to be pulled. It's raining again so the ground will be softer to pull them out now.

Jewel, that would drive me crazy! All those smells. I just get the country smells. Poop. Yum! But I do love the smells out there. Every place is different. I have been trying to eat around 4 so it will all be digested by the time I walk. I cannot do anything on a full tummy. Then ;ast night I had a wonderfully good juicy peach from Miss Ruth and a glass of kefir. And that's it. I do feel like I have lost a few pounds. So keep it up. It is getting a little cooler. The air is changing. And it's getting darker a little earlier too. I went last night a little after 7 and got home at 8.

It is raining here. Looks like it might be for the day. My first day alone! My hubby got home Sunday about noon and just left. SO I have a house to clean and errands to run. No grands at all anywhere! They are all at school now. It's really quiet here. I love it. Ya'll have a great day and get out there!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  06:05:13 AM  Show Profile
Emailed the recipe to you Kris, if questions let me know.

Lots of work outside, splitting wood and need to haul that so think will get lots of walking in and hope to just squeeze one in for relaxing. Will keep you all posted Garden calling!!

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  08:40:38 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! Just stopping in to see how the progress is going...i found a fun little web page...it's a ticker to track different stuff...I'm tracking my weight loss...
here's the website...for you to make your own tracker...they probably have one for miles or exercise done...
www.TickerFactory.com
have fun!
I have a little Health journal I use also...I glue funny cartoons in it and sayings, inspirational quotes...whatever is encouraging and uplifting...in it goes!
I write my weight goals, etc..ever so often in it...just sending some ideas along...
Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  10:10:18 AM  Show Profile
I walked for 40 minutes today and my DH joined me! Thanks everyone for all this inspiration, I really appreciate it. I need to get out there and pull those weeds for some more exercise too. :-)

We can do no great things; only small things with great love - Mother Teresa

farmgirl sister #1927
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  2:03:13 PM  Show Profile
Hey Monica. I hope you didn't mind me putting that poem on here. I just loved it and thought it was very appropriate for this thread. It will help all of us here to read it. So I am not very smart when it comes to computer stuff. I clicked on that site and chose a ticker thing. But then what? Am I missing something? What next?

Rae, what's the temp there today? I hope you don't get too overworked out there. Drink lots of water and take some breaks, ok? I know you'll be one worn out farmgirl tonight. But that's the best excercise. I remember having to get firewood. It is hard work. I do not envy you at all.

Yay Starletta and hubby!!! 40 minutes is great! And going to work in the garden too. You go girl! I am so proud of you. Are you tracking your journey? I weighed myself last week on a friend's scale but she keeps it set about 8 pounds over. So if I looked at what hers said it was at 239. I went today and weighed again and it said 235! So I have lost some weight! I feel like I have already lost some inches too. The pants I've been wearing were a little loose last night. Yippee! This is exciting to actually see some progress in just 1 week. I hope everyone is seeing some progress on their end also. Maybe we could all share what we are losing every week or so.

It was raining this morning and really nice. About 81 in town. Then the sun has come out and man is it hot now. I am not looking forward to walking now. I might have to wait til way later. I am actually sweating right now just sitting here.

How's everyone else doing today?

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  4:38:19 PM  Show Profile
We walked a mile this morning at the track - then to Atlanta for Dr's appointments. Came home to two very sick doggies! Throw up and other end also! Had to give Gracie a bath she was so bad. Will watch them tonight - please say prayers they get all better and won't have to go to the Vet in the morning! They are only getting water tonight.
Will try chicken and rice in the morning if they have a good night.
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  4:54:17 PM  Show Profile
...tomorrow in the morning, I'll be going to Curves... my plan is to go on Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays to get back on tract.
I am encouraged by others tryin to keep going.

Ruth.. I pray for your furbabies to get better..

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  5:59:46 PM  Show Profile
It was something like 75 or so today so not too bad. We just got done (7:45) but all the wood we split we loaded into truck and then unloaded into the wood shed, whew! We are about 2/3 done with what we have so now back to splitting and stacking. Feels good to have this much done though as last year we didn't even have the shed up yet! I think this should count for all my walking thought, right

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Edited by - Old Spirit on Aug 17 2010 6:00:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  6:22:26 PM  Show Profile
Ruth, I am so sorry your dogs are sick. Do you know what might have caused it? Maybe you could do like someone else on the Barnyard did and give them oatmeal. She said it really worked. I will pray they are better soon. That sure is no fun. How did your dr. visits go today? I hope everything is alright. I have 2 peaches left. I will have to go get more. They are SO good and juicy. I love them. I'm not sharing. Can you tell I am selfish?

Karrieann, that is a good plan. Let us know how it goes, ok?

Rae, I would say that you have had a great workout today. That's alot of work, loading and unloading. At least you had great weather. I would love to have some 75 degree days again. I miss them. So you are off the hook!

Ok, I walked tonight back up at the cove. I took Bubba with me. It wasn't really all that hot, just humid. Poor dog. I had him on a leash and let him go when we got past the cabins. I wan't to make sure there weren't any people staying there with dogs. But when I let him go he stayed right with me. He never did run off. He was too hot. He was so good. We only saw one car and he didn't even look at it.

But I tel ya what. My left leg is really hurting bad. My shin. I think it's because the shoes I am wearing are not for walking. I am plopping my foot hard onto the pavement and it's excruitiating pain. It was ok the first half but hurt like heck the way back. So I need shoes.

My DD Abby called on the way home. Her and her fiance have upped their wedding day again. It will be Sept. 3rd. Isn't that nice? 2 1/2 weeks. Hum. I hope this will get me really going now. So anyway, we are going dress hunting tomorrow and I will get shoes then. They are just going to a little wedding chapel in Ringgold so it won't be super fancy. Very small. So I guess I'm getting another SIL.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  8:53:50 PM  Show Profile
Karrieann,
I go to Curves too. I am going tomorrow before I head to my classroom. so I will be encouraging you as I work out too...Can you feel me sending those thoughts via esp..

go girl

blessings
tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  05:12:02 AM  Show Profile
OMg, Kristin, 2 1/2 weeks to find your dress - they are really challenging your farmgirl spirit aren't they. It took me weeks and a trip to Miami to find my dress for my daughter, Audrey's wedding. I'm sending very living prayers to yu today!

farmgirl sister #1927
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  05:30:25 AM  Show Profile
Happy dress and shoe shopping Kris - Barney boy is better this morning, Gracie is doing a little better, will watch and wait! I might try the oatmeal with them. Gave them a little chicken with rice this morning. So far so good!
Karrieann - I did Curves for quite a while - I enjoyed it, but then hubby and I started another program we could do together.
Happy walking, exercising to all you farmgirls!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  06:14:23 AM  Show Profile
I walked for 15 minutes first thing this AM and found it so peaceful - the calves were nursing and the boys hadn't gone down to meet the bus yet - but I still plan on walking - maybe with my DH at lunchtime. I work at home for an insurance company and am certainly glad to have a "real" break. Working at home sometimes doesn't really set itself up for a real break - you have to create it for yourself.

farmgirl sister #1927
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  07:58:43 AM  Show Profile
Ya'll are doing so good! I am so proud of all of you.

Ruth, so glad the dogs are feeling better.

Tammy, that should get yourself in a good mood for the new year. I hope you have a great first day.

Starletta, you are doing so good too. Mornings are so peaceful. I really should walk in the morning but now school's started back there would be alot of traffic. I like evenings so will continue as long as I can. Then maybe go to mornings when it gets cooler.

I am not going to worry about what I will wear so much now that it's in a little chapel. It won't be so formal. I hope I can get a few sizes smaller and not look like a cow then. Abby said a friend who just had a baby gave her a bag full of good shoes that don't fit anymore for some reason. There is a good pair of walking shoes in size 9. I usually wear 9 1/2 so ya'll please pray they will fit and I won'y have to buy any. I don't like wearing socks so maybe they will. I am hoping.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  08:18:49 AM  Show Profile
LOL - we can fit our feet into almost any shoe for a few minutes! My feet "grew" 1/2 size with every pregnancy I had so I sure wear a bigger size now that I ever had. Luckily, the last daughter to get married got married on the beach and we were all barefoot. (I have 4 more daughters waiting to get married and thankfully, my sons are way too young yet!) ) Hope those shoes fit for even a few minutes! Besides, you should be barefoot when you dance at your daughter's wedding!

farmgirl sister #1927
Go to Top of Page

Mama Jewel
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Jewel
Sweet Peas Farmette, Bend, OR
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  11:58:07 AM  Show Profile
Yeah, I vote for the barefoot dancing thing... so much nicer that way & lends a spirit of casualness to things. Yikeys, that's not much time to prep for a wedding, Kris. My husband & I got married in a small chapel... it was nice.

Ruth, so glad to hear your little doggies are feeling better.

Went walking yesterday, got out during the breezy, it's going to thunder shower weather. Love that kind of weather (anything breezy). I was in a grumpy mood, so wanted to get in a "power" walk, though I think my heart rhthym was off as I felt dizzy. Loved the cool breezes and always bring a water. Today's sunny & hot again, so will try to go out later. I really hope your new sneakers fit you, Kris!! Your words are always so beautiful and kind and loving... I'm sure that's what people at the wedding will "see" --your inside shining through! xoxo

Farm Girl Sister #1683 Living Simply & Naturally on our lil Sweet Peas Farmette
"Do Everything in Love." 1 Cor 14
http://www.piecemama.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic I Started Walking Today Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page