kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2010 :  4:08:06 PM  Show Profile
Michele, what great ideas! Thanks so much. I will try this. You are so sweet.

I will have a pretty busy weekend. I have to get up early and go up the road to a turkey shoot. I am going to try to sell some soap. Wish me luck. I'll need it. Then Sunday is church then a funeral right after. Then that evening is a community dinner at the center up the road. So I will be cooking tomorrow afternoon for both places. It's going to be a beautiful day tomorrow then a chance for rain the next few days. At least tomorrow is looking good.

Ya'll have a great weekend!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2010 :  5:15:30 PM  Show Profile
Ruth, I forgot to say that I will be wearing that beautiful apron you made me tomorrow. I was thinking of what I should wear and there it was. I said I just have to wear that to the craft show. I have a green shirt almost the color green that's in the apron that will match perfect. So I am all set to go. I hope to take some pictures of my table when it's all set up. I have the most perfect fall tablecloth and a cute little pumpkin to decorate. I wish I had gotten some flowers when I was at the store earlier today but didn't think about it then. I can maybe pick some on the way. I am so excited! I hope I sell some soap.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2010 :  4:56:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kris, How did your show go? Did you sell your soap???? I love homemade soap, as you know! I'll bet you were so pretty in your green shirt and apron. I wish you would be in a photo wearing it - maybe, just maybe???
Denise was here for the weekend - we went "junkin". Went to the Re-home store in Blue Ridge and she found some real neat bargins. Bought an old dresser mirror that she is going to put in her entry way, then they had a little shelf, w/legs on it to go under the mirror! It is so cute -Total $29. Also found a real neat light fixture for her kitchen, looks like a tin lantern, with three candles (electric) in it.
I saw an old mantel somewhere, but at the time didn't know she was looking for one, wants to make a headboard with it. I'm racking my brain trying to remember where I saw it! Oh, she also got an old Cosco Kitchen stool for $9 - I need to recover the seat.
Are you walking????? We had so much rain here today - tomorrow more of the same. But I am going to TaiChi in the morning. Last session till next year!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  7:04:22 PM  Show Profile
Hey there, Ruth. I did pretty good the other day. I wish I could have sold all my soap so I can make some more. But that's ok. More Christmas gifts. Looks like you found some good deals. And I hope you remember where you saw the mantle. Sounds like a good idea for a headboard. I did get to walk Wed. and today. It rained most of the day Tuesday. I have a few videos I need to do when it's too cold or raining. I need extra things to do to lose more weight. I hope you are able to walk. How's the hubby?

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  5:11:43 PM  Show Profile
Kris, Dave got another shot in his knee and is sooo much better! The doctor feels like it is just arthritis. You know the getting "old" thing! He has been out raking and burning leaves, which he has not felt like doing anything! So all is good!
What are you doing for Thanksgiving? Eating one of those turkeys? Do you still have them, or did you sell them all for Thanksgiving?
Glad you sold some of your soap, but it's good that you have some for gifts too!
I have not walked - I've been busy, but not walking! I need to get back to it - I really enjoy it and feel better when I do! Kick - kick! Will see if that helps LOL!
Hope you have a great weekend - it was good to hear from you!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  3:30:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ruth. I think we are the only ones left here. I'm glad Dave is feeling better. Darn arthritis. We are going to my parents new house near us for Thanksgiving. It's going to be just my parents, my daughter Abby and her hubby, me and maybe my hubby. Heather and her hubby and Kansas are going down to his parents. I am so depressed about that. I sure do miss the "good old days" when all my cousins and brother and sister went to our grandparent's house. Lately it's just my family. Which is ok but I miss all the rest of the family. It's just not the same anymore.

And we butchered 2 of the turkeys today. But they only weighed 6 and 8 pounds. Good grief! They're just like an over sized chicken. So mom said they would just go buy one at the store. Oh well. I'll keep this one for us then.

I bet you have your whole family over. I hope you have a wonderful day. And don't eat too much.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2010 :  5:33:48 PM  Show Profile
Hey Kris!!! I'm still here too! Not walking every day, but at least 3-4 days a week. Hubs & I just got back from NYC. We saw Kristin Chenoweth & Sean Hayes in Promises Promises. He was HILARIOUS(laugh, cried the whole time), & she was as expected AMAZING. SHe had about 6 solos, & when she would venture to the front of the stage, LOOK OUT!!! That gal can sing! Anyway, we walked the whole time we were in NYC, & a block there is significantly larger than a Cincinnati block. We walked 2-3 hrs Fri, all day Saturday, & half the day Sunday. So I definitely got a work out.
Tmes Square was so visual. We went there twice just to sit & look around, also took a ride through Central Park, & visited Lincoln Center, Julliard School etc.
I can't wait to go back!
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  06:56:49 AM  Show Profile
Lisa, what a great time you had in NY. That sounds like you really had some long walks. I guess there is more walking in NYC than riding in cars. My hubby has been downtown NYC in his big truck several times. I can't imagine what that's like. I am so glad you had such a good time. That play sounds like something I would like. I really like Kristin C. She does have an amazing voice for one so small. Glad you're back though!

I am going to go up the road in a little bit and walk. I got on the scale this morning and was surprised. For the past several weeks I thought the darn scale was broken. It was stuck on 224.4 forever it seemed. But this morning it said 222.4!!!!!! I guess it was from the non-stop work I did yesterday. I was going all day. Had all 3 grands and they keep me hopping. Oh, and we all danced to some good music too. Plus loaded and unloaded 14 bales of hay so it was actuall 28 bales. And it takes a lot of work and muscle to butcher turkeys, even though they didn't weigh so much.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  07:07:00 AM  Show Profile
hey there girls, you have all been busy. so sorry your turkeys were not bigger. its usually a need for more protein or too young still.how was the killing part.. did you use a cone or an ax? ruth sounds like you had fun shopping. we are still doing fencing here. i have done very little exercise last few days. will get moving today. it snowed last night. it does feel good when the scales show our progress. kris i will get that soap recipe to you. so sorry its late. marsha will be mailing package soon.lol sending love to all you farmgirls happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2010 :  10:26:21 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Girls! We are still walk!! :) It's super cold here now and it has started snowing but we are still trucken on. :) How are you all doing?
I'm so glad you started this Kristin! It has really inspired me. :)
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl, farmgirl,loggergirl, trying to live her dreams. :)

P.s. I've been playing around with the spelling of my name ( weird I know) and I've decided that I will stick with Hannah for good. Sorry I got you all confused. Hugs!!
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2010 :  05:00:39 AM  Show Profile
Hello. It's been awhile. I have not been walking every day here. But when I am in town at Mrs. T's I will walk around the block 3 or 4 times. Then at mom's there is a nice walking path. But yesterday I walked twice up the road on the 3 mile walk. Won't be able to today.

I hope you all are able to keep walking. I know it's snowing in some places. It's going to be really cold here next week. I am ready for spring!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  4:07:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everybody - I see its been over a month since anyone posted on this thread. I really enjoyed reading most of it - it was taking so long, I skipped some pages. :o) Anyway, I recently went to the doctor for a cold and found out my blood pressure was pretty high - that was the kick in the pants I needed, so since then (a week or so) I have been very good about limiting sodium and watching what I eat. My doctor said she would give me some time to get the BP lower and strongly suggested walking on a daily basis. I live ~ 60 miles SW of Chicago and its been very cold here. I have two dogs that love to walk on trails near our house - but when its so cold, I whimp out. However, a friend gave me a whole bag of Leslie Sansone VHS tapes. I still have one of those small TVs with the built in VHS - it works fine so I plan to start those. Had a good walk yesterday with the dogs and it felt good. I'm in my mid 50s and ~ 40 lbs heavier than I'd like. Is anyone still walking? Hope so. Has anyone seen improvement with their BP after walking. I really want to avoid taking meds....

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  4:18:49 PM  Show Profile
Hey Lorraine. Good for you for wanting to start walking. I have a few of leslie's tapes too but have not been feeling well lately. I did wald a few days a few weeks ago with my friend up the road when the weather was nice. That was the last time. We plan on getting back into a routine as soon as it warms back up. It has been snowing ot raining or freezing just plain miserable here. I am going to my gyno tomorrow and I am sure she is going to tell me to get on the ball and get this weight off asap. I know that's part of my problems.

Anyway, maybe we can get this post back up and running again. Good luck to you and get out with those dogs!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  4:37:03 PM  Show Profile
I have been walking every day on the treadmill at least 2 miles,usually 3 & on an incline. Hubby likes to listen to patriotic/military music when he works out, & it REALLY helps. Very upbeat. I'm sure I will tire of it soon, but for now, it is doing the trick.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  7:15:26 PM  Show Profile
Yay Lisa! I'm so glad you are still walking. I wish I still had my treadmill. I have got to get back on the trail. I know I will feel so much better.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  8:24:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi all! I took a tumble in fall playing rugby, and I had to have knee surgery (better now as a freshmen in high school than later in life), and I had to take a hiatus from this thread, but now as a part of physical therapy, I'm walking everyday again! I've been walking for the past three days now, for 10 minutes. A small victory in the road to recovery!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  2:51:39 PM  Show Profile
Hey Megan, I am so sorry you banged up your knee. And you are so young. But that's a good thing. You'll get through this so much faster and easier. But do take it easy and don't overdo it. I'm glad you're walking again.

I missed the walking today because of going to the doctor. But will start next week again. I have to.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  4:48:07 PM  Show Profile
Hi All - glad to hear you're still at it. Lisa, sounds like you're doing great. Keep going...

Kristin - hope you're feeling better - no fun to be sick... Hope you can get back to it - you'll definitely feel better.

Megan - sorry to hear about your accident and surgery. Yikes... Surgery is no fun at all... Sounds like you're on the road to recovery. Hang in there.

I watched my first Leslie Sansone VHS tape today and was really impressed. I liked it a lot. I wrote a thank you note to my friend for sharing with me. It was fast moving and kept me motivated - and nice to have an option if the weather is bad or time is short. I still prefer being outside, but this was very good.

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  7:13:29 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Kristin and Lorraine! I'm doing really well, and I'm going to walk again tonight! I'm just glad that it's not too painful!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  6:29:31 PM  Show Profile
Megan - glad to hear you're doing well.

I'm still doing the Leslie Sansone and loving it. With all this crazy weather we're having, its great to have this option.

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

Vintage Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

70 Posts

Sue
Woodbine Maryland
USA
70 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2011 :  7:04:07 PM  Show Profile
Hi all! I'm brand new to the site and just wanted to chime in that I too am walking (thanks to my treadmill!) usually about 2 miles a day. I get up at 5 and walk before work - otherwise I just won't do it. I really look forward to spring when I can walk outside again, but in the meantime I will keep at it indoors. Already noticing a positive payoff! Keep it up everyone :)

Sue

"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

www.mymotherspearls.me
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2011 :  08:23:05 AM  Show Profile
Good for you, Lorraine. I am so glad you are keeping up with your walking. I am so lazy these days. It's so cold. But I think in a few weeks the weather will not be so bad and we will be able to walk outside again. I cannot wait Keep it up.

Hi Sue. Welcome to the forum and to this thread. So glad you have joined us here. I used to have a treadmill but no room in this house for one. I also have the Leslie S. DVDs but amm really not wanting to do anything at the moment. Just waiting for pretty days again. But keep checking in here and let us all know how you are doing.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2011 :  1:44:56 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Sue - I prefer to do my walking done in the morning too, although, not quite as early as you. :o) Good for you. I will also be sooooo glad for nicer weather so I can walk outside more. Hang in there everyone, spring is just around the corner - ok, its kind of a big corner, but its closer than you think! Stay warm...

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  5:25:00 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, I finally got to walk today!! It was very sunny but very cold. I was freezing the whole way. I am just glad to be able to walk. But I tell ya what. I am just starving. All I want to do is eat. And I am craving sweets. What is wrong with me? I hope it will pass.

I hope the weather was nice for y'all today where ever you are.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2011 :  6:27:55 PM  Show Profile
Kris, I have been unusually hungry too.
I walked Sat, but haven't since; work has gotten busy, & when that happens I usually put in 12+ hr days between driving & desk work. My job is so unpredictable. I go from nothing to BAM!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic I Started Walking Today Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page