kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  2:54:12 PM  Show Profile
Lisa, it sure sounds like you need a vacation! That's a lot of hours to work.

I got to walk twice today. This morning me and the goats and Bubba walked out back about a mile or so I guess. I saw a deer carcass. I wonder what did that? It was picked clean. We ahd a nice walk. Bubba jumped in the cattail pond and had fun. Then this afternoon I got to walk up the road at the camp. My friend's family was here so they all walked to. Or actually they strolled while me and Jenny walked. It's been a beautiful day here. I hope it was nice all over the country too.

The Extreme Home Makeover show will be here in Chattanooga starting Sunday. I get to volunteer! I will be working Wed. morning 8-2. And they want all the volunteers to be there when the family comes back. I am so excited to be doing this. We won't know who the family is til Sun. I can't wait to see who they are and where they are. I have been told it's in N. Chatt. just over the river. SO not too far. About 35 minutes. I'll let y'all know how much fun I have. It's supposed to be in the 60's next week! Yeah! But cold at night.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  6:50:20 PM  Show Profile
oh kris, it sounds like a blast. have loads of fun. i want to hear all about it when your home. happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  4:29:44 PM  Show Profile
Kris - congrats on the Extreme Home Makeover experience. That will be so fun. Keep us posted.

I'm still walking with the Leslie Sansone tapes and doing well. My blood pressure has been creeping up over the last couple years, but since I've been walking almost every day, its gone back down. I have been watching what I eat - but I don't like to get hungry - I'm a grazer, I like to eat more frequently and I try not to eat after dinner.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  5:20:08 PM  Show Profile
Good for you, Lorraine. It sounds like you have your BP under control with the walking. Mine was a little high back in Oct. when I saw my doctor. I wonder what it is now. Hopefully we can get back to walking on a regular basis now. We were sweating this afternoon walking. But it was so beautiful. I can't wait to see all the new growth on all the mountain laurel and all the wild bushes in the woods where we walk. I bet it is just beautiful there. But I sure hope we don't see any snakes out. I have a feeling with this nice warm weathere there may ne a few crawling around out there. I just don't want to see them.

The weather this week is perfect for the new home construction. No rain at all. Very warm and dry all week. I drove by the sight and saw the big bus and all the people with their blue shirts on. It's all over the news. I guess you could go to www.newschannel9.com and see what's going on. It's just one block from out big amusement park so there will be plenty of parking. I saw the big tent where I guess alot of the work will happen. It's in a pretty tight neighborhood so not much room. I just don't know what to expect til I get there. But everywhere I go people are talking about it. That and our very own American Idol, Lauren Alaina. She's from about the same place as the building sight. So we are all rooting for her. If anyone watched AI, please vote for her. She's so good.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  7:33:48 PM  Show Profile
I'm finally able to walk everyday now! I'm about to go and walk now. I can't do as much as you ladies do, but a little is better than nothing when nursing a knee! I'm also doing the WiiFit exercises just to exercise a little everyday.
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2011 :  2:21:18 PM  Show Profile
Megan, I am so glad you're able to get out there and walk again. Keep it up. And you are SO young to want to be doing this. Good for you. You will benifit from this in the future for sure.

I walked again today. Had to shed the jacket. I was sweating. I was also starving and it seemed like it took forever to get back home. I will have to eat before I go again. I am just miserable. And thinking of food the whole time. Not good. But the weather has been great this week so far. Tomorrow I will have to get up really early to get to the builing site. I am excited! They have had some problems with the soil and then the foundation but they will hopefully have the walls and roof on soon.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2011 :  12:33:07 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Kristin! Keep going ladies! I can jog now, so I would like to start going back and forth from jogging one day and then just walking the next day.
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2011 :  4:46:50 PM  Show Profile
We are going to start walking in the mornings now. I cannot wait to see all the beautifu; spring growth that will be popping up all over the woods where we walk. But I am NOT liking all the pollen out there already. This is getting bad. Itchy watery puffy eyes. I'll have to keep dark sunglasses on. But this morning it was nice and refreshing. I was not out of breath at all the whole way.

How are all you walkers doing?

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

mickib
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Michele
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
267 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  11:38:14 AM  Show Profile
I was doing really well with walking until our weather got cold and icy, then snowy in the last 2 weeks. It really took the fun right out of walking, so I just didn't :(. I feel like a slug at the moment. I'm hoping that I'll get back at it, maybe tonight, and definitely this weekend. It'll probably be at least a month before we see anything in the way of new green growth and another month or more before I have to deal with pollen, but I'm sure they're on their way. Enjoy your walks Kristin, and it's great to hear you are jogging Megan.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic I Started Walking Today Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page