kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2010 :  3:45:50 PM  Show Profile
Hey Ruth. I hope you have a good day tomorrow. Sounds like fun. I think I will go hang out with my parents. They got here this morning. I had a busy day today with Mrs. T. I got her out 3 times today! She got her flu shot this afternoon. And she didn't have to pay a cent. She was amazed that she didn't. I told her she was special. And the fact she's 93 helped a little too. She had her hair done and she looks so pretty. So I am off again til Monday.

I hope ya'll are having some great walks. It is finally feeling like fall. It was just 43 this morning. Love it.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2010 :  5:24:21 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kris, I'd love to meet Mrs T, she sounds delightful and I love the elderly! They have so much to share if we'd just take the time to listen. I'm speaking to myself here too!
We had 30 degrees here this morning and the frost was so heavy it looked like it had snowed. Warmed up nicely and was a beautiful Fall day.
I picked up Brittany's quilt this morning, it is so pretty - now I have to get the binding on and it will be finished! yea

Going to try to walk sometime tomorrow, I have not been doing good at at all with that! Dave it going to the orthopedic on Tuesday to see about his knee - still giving him fits.
Hugs to everyone,
Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2010 :  07:05:12 AM  Show Profile
Ruth, she is a mess sometimes. But very sweet. And so emaotional lately. And very confused alot. If there are alot of things that she has to do it wears her out. So we try to limit what she does to a few times a week. So like Monday we might pay a few bills. On Friday she gets her hair done. The yard guy will come Monday. Anyway, it's interesting for sure. It gives me practice for when my mom is that age. And I hope she gets there because I do not ever want to lose her. I hope you get to walk today. And I hope Dave gets some help for that knee.

Have a great day, ya'll.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Mama Jewel
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Jewel
Sweet Peas Farmette, Bend, OR
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2010 :  2:55:55 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like everyone's been able to walk and doing pretty good --that's great! 160 lbs, Kris --you go, Girl!! We've had some cozy storms lately. Lost power yesterday for several hours (about 2900 people affected in our area), but cause unknown. It sure makes ya appreciate having electricity when it comes back on. Will be glad when Halloween is over. I am not a big fan of this time. My kids don't usually get a lot of sugar, so they get all spazzy with the thought of it and talk about it all.the.time (lol). Our church did a mini T & T time yesterday. I bought these cute lil pretzel snacks in bat or pumpkin bags & think they're a great T & T snack; however, my kids have boo'd it. Oh well. Tomorrow autumn & healthful eating start again --Yay!!

Farm Girl Sister #1683 Living Simply & Naturally on our lil Sweet Peas Farmette
"Do Everything in Love." 1 Cor 14
http://www.piecemama.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2010 :  3:48:53 PM  Show Profile
Hey Jewel. I hope you meant crazy storm, not cozy storm! But I guess some storms are cozy when you can cuddle up to your hunny. My mom had those pretzel things. I wonder how they were. I hope your kids ate all their candy today so there won't be any in the house tomorrow! Have a great night.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2010 :  4:35:41 PM  Show Profile
Well, I walked this morning. 3 miles. I woke up at 8:30. That's when I am supposed to be there to walk. So I was way late. Jenniw had already walked. So I was on my own. It was so pretty and peaceful. And it seemed like it took FOREVER to get done. It sure makes a difference when there are people to talk to. But I got to gather pretty leaves. Then later I picked my granddaughter up from school and we went to the park. While she played, I walked. I lost track of how many laps I walked. My youngest DD called. I talked to her 20 minutes. Then my oldest DD called. Then my mom called. So I think I walked at least 6 or 7 times. That should make up if I can't walk tomorrow if it rains.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Mama Jewel
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Jewel
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2010 :  8:58:29 PM  Show Profile
hee hee...that's a great idea to talk w/someone on the phone while doing your walking. I'm usually folding laundry or dusting when I'm on the phone because I don't like to sit and talk on the phone. You got a lot of exercise in, Girl! I've been slacking. Did do some gardening/cleaning up the raised beds today, though. Lots of bending and squatting (lol)

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  10:49:00 AM  Show Profile
I got to walk this morning. Again by myself. I did run into a runner. I think it was the boyfriend of the girl that walks once a week with us. He's a police officer. And that's what this guy looked like. It started off looking a little like rain. But it got better. So I went on down there. I drove when I was done and it is 2.6 miles. Right where the 1 mile mark is there is a bent tree that looks like it's pointing somewhere. I read once that Indians did this to trees as a marker for them. SO I think of that everytime we pass it. I wonder what it's pointing to. Right now a house is there and it points right at the propane tank. ANyway, it's a great place to walk. So far out in the middle of no where.

We didn't get to walk yesterday because it rained all day. And there's a chance for rain and flurries tomorrow. The mountains will probably get snow.

I've been gathering the rest of the apples off the trees before they get frozen. I am drying some right now. That's a workout right there. All that reaching then bending too. And I picked up a lot of branches.

Jewel, I can't stand to sit down and talk on the phone either. I have to be doing something. Even the grands do that. It's so funny to see them talking to their Papa and walking all around the house.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2010 :  06:51:59 AM  Show Profile
I cannot seem to get past the 14 pound mark for some reason. I have not lost anymore weight in several days and I am just about starving myself. That's probably why. I am not eating nearly enough. I am afraid to eat too much now. And I am still walking too. My clothes are looser but not enough to have to go out and buy more yet. And I want to. What should I be doing? I am very frustrated right now.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2010 :  09:58:09 AM  Show Profile
Kristin, you have hit a plateau. You should not starve yourself, the body is a very efficient machine. If you starve yourself, it will start storing fat. You should just eat small meals every couple of hours and maybe change up your walk to a little faster or add some ankle and arm weights. This too shall pass. You should eat high protein lean meat and fruits and veggies and drink lots of water. Eating small meals through-out the day actually burns calories. Starving yourself will just set you back and you may gain some weight. You have done wonderful and I am really proud of you!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2010 :  4:35:47 PM  Show Profile
Hey Diane. I know. I have been thinking alot about this and realize I have heard this happens when you don't eat. Or at least not as much. Anyway, sometimes I don't have time to eat when I want to. My days are so screwy sometimes. Like today. I went to a wedding shower. They had all kinds of sweets and cakes and breads. And chicken salad. I had chicken salad. And a really small homemade whole wheat roll. Then tonight I grilled some chicken breasts and had a green salad with chicken. Anyway, I am really eating good now. I feel so much better since I have not eaten anything with sugar in it. Or starches. I'll get it all figured out soon. Thanks for the encouragement. I need it. How are you doing?

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

buggysmum
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Shelly

110 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2010 :  05:48:32 AM  Show Profile
I am starting my walking today, too. I need to lose a good amount of weight that has crept up on me for various reasons and not enough exercise. So here I go. I even bought new sweats for the occasion (sadly, because I couldn't fit the old ones anymore)!
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2010 :  06:54:47 AM  Show Profile
Hi buggysmom. I am so glad to see a new "face" here! I know what ya mean, That's why I decided to do this. We will be here for you to encourage you and cheer you on. Just start out slowly and build yourself up. I am walking 3 miles as many days as I can. I just found 2 VCR tapes I can use for when it's too cold out. I need to be doing some different things now. So get out there and get to walking!

I have finally hit the 15 pound mark this morning!! So I am having a nice warm bowl of fresh rolled oatmeal. It is SO good. And a cup of green tea. I am making feta cheese today. And after I drain it I will go walk. It needs to warm up just a bit because most of the walk is in the shade in the woods.

I hope everyone else is doing well these days. It's been awfully quiet around here.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2010 :  5:40:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kris, So proud of you - you are doing great!
I have been down with a flu bug for the last two days and I mean down! Up and doing some today, but yesterday I was in the bed piled up under the covers, chills, upchucking, the other too, aching all over - you get the picture - haven't been that sick in forever! Sure makes you appreciate your health and just being able to do something
Hope everyone else is well - and please stay that way!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2010 :  07:16:50 AM  Show Profile
ruth i hope you feel better soon. happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2010 :  07:20:07 AM  Show Profile
for those trying to get pounds off, fasting is not good. the thought is you need 2 tsp. of fat every 3 hours to keep the fires burning. that is about 3 almonds or 1 walnut. it fools the body to burn fuel. just a thought you are all doing so great happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2010 :  08:23:38 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Sherrye I'm back amongst the living again - I don't do sick good - sure makes you appreciate your health.

You are so right about not starving yourself - the nuts are great too! Plus they give you energy and brain power!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Mama Jewel
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Jewel
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2010 :  08:38:17 AM  Show Profile
Ruth, Aww, you can't be sick this month --esp since this is your month in celebration of you being Farm Girl of the Month. (((hugs))) I hope you get to feeling better soon. Hot broth, hot tea, and rest, rest, rest. I sure hope someone's home & able to take care of you.

Kris, Congrats on breaking the plateau!! I think you should go out & buy yourself a pretty new scarf or blouse or something that you've been eyeing. You've earned it! You've been walking & tending to the farm & look at how much you've lost!

Most of my exercise has been running a bunch of errands & taking care of yard debris and stuff --which is all good. I think as long as I'm moving & grooving, then it's a great way of keeping fit & healthy & keeping the place/schedule in good shape, too

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2010 :  4:02:12 PM  Show Profile
Ruth, I hope you are much better and back to normal really soon. Jewel's right. You can't be sick anymore this month. That's it. I hope you are able to get lots of good rest. And I bet that hubby of yours is doing all he can to make you feel better.

Thanks Sherry. I have some almonds. I will try that. I had a few eggs this morning with peppers, onions, tomatoe and cheese. And 1 piece of toast. Then for lunch at Mrs. T's, we had a yummy good chef salad. I fixed a big bowl of salad greens for her to eat on this week. Plus boiled a few eggs and cooked some chicken. With a little cheese, it was a good lunch. Then for dinner, I made some meatloaf yesterday and some Brussel sprouts. So had that. I am eating good.

Jewel, you are right about staying mobile. As long as you are doing something besides sitting you are burning off calories. So keep it up. I wish you lived closer and could come do my yard!

We are starting to walk a little later now, thank goodness. It's cold. I walked yesterday about 2:00. It was nice and sunny and I was sweating. So it will be nice to be able to walk with someone the next 3 days.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2010 :  4:48:13 PM  Show Profile
Wow....you're all doing so well! So glad to jump on here and see you haven't given up! Good for you Kris for losing weight and continuing to encourage all of us on the health plan!!! Keep going!
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2010 :  05:52:49 AM  Show Profile
Hi Monica. Good to see you here again. How are you doing? Is your foot any better yet?

I will be walking later today and probably by myself again. Then to Bible study on the same road. It's going to be a beautiful day here and the rest of the week as well. I am so happy about that. I have seen several wooly worms with lots of orange in the middle and just a little bit of black at each end. SO I hope that means we will have a cold start then a mild winter and maybe some at the end. That's what I have heard about the wooly worms anyway. Anyone else seen any in your neck of the woods?

I hope ya'll have a wonderful day today and a great week. Happy walking!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2010 :  7:46:42 PM  Show Profile
I saw a wooly worm today, but I'm sad to say I didn't pay any attention to him, other than I didn't want to step on him - I didn't!
Went to TiaChi, but didn't walk, except around town some, enjoying this gorgeous day - tomorrow should be a carbon copy - Yea!
Happy Walking everone!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2010 :  06:39:43 AM  Show Profile
hey ruth you FGOTM hope you are well this am. i have no idea what a wooly worm even is. i know they say we will be cold and wet this winter. we are in the 20s now. water tanks froze etc. what is a wooly worm? lol happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2010 :  05:31:05 AM  Show Profile
Sherry, I don't know exactly what they are called or what they become. But they are all over the place and are usually seen crossing roads. They are very fluffy and usually blach and orange-brown.

Another beautiful day. I am going walking at 9 this morning with another lady. I walked yesterday with the fast walker. I am still out of breath til we turn around. Then on the way back it's much better. It is mostly uphill so I guess that's why it's easier on the way back. But it's really becoming more like a chore that I don't want to do. Dies anyone else feel that way right now? I never keep doing the same thing for long. So I am wondering when I am going to lose interest and go back to the way I was before.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

mickib
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Michele
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
267 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2010 :  11:22:10 AM  Show Profile
Kris, before you get to the point of losing interest, find some way to shake it up! Maybe there is something else you can do some of the time so that walking doesn't become a chore. I have the same problem. I get tired of the same route, or the same DVD, or whatever, and then I'm sitting on the couch thinking I should do something, but not doing it. Usually, all it takes for me is doing something different before I get to the boredom. I have a collection of DVDs that I use for inside exercise. Sometimes I just can't bear to do one of them and then I go walk outside. Other times I can't bear another day of walking around my neighborhood, so I choose to do a DVD at night. Another thing I do is watch TV at night and walk using my step. I bought one of those cheap Reebok steps (not the nice ones) a few years ago. I alternate between stepping up and down on that and walking in place, knee lifts, kick backs, squats and lunges. I usually choose a 1/2 hour show and force myself to watch the commercials. During the commercials I speed up. I find that if nothing else works, I can usually at least make myself do that. You're doing so well, I'm sure you'll find an answer, don't give up!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic I Started Walking Today Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page