Page: of 18

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2010 :  1:49:02 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Went for a beautiful walk this morning through the falling leaves. It was so pretty! :) We are walking 3 days a week and I am doing dance 3 days a week and I exercise for about 45 minutes each day at home. This is so much fun! Thank you Kristin for starting this!
Megan, glad you have joined us!
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl, farmgirl,loggergirl, trying to live her dreams. :)

P.s. I've been playing around with the spelling of my name ( weird I know) and I've decided that I will stick with Hannah for good. Sorry I got you all confused. Hugs!!
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2010 :  9:32:39 PM  Show Profile
I'm glad too Hannah! It's hard for me to do actual walking with everything I have going on, but I think rugby practice is a good substitute! We didn't run our running drills today, but at the end we ran our game-like drills, so I got in some good running!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2010 :  4:52:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi ya'll. I have not been here in a few days. I went yesterday to go see Ruth! We had a great day together going to thrift stores and an apple orchard and German bakery. Also went to a friend of hers who has a big ole pear tree and picked pears. This man is in his 80's and up on a ladder picking pears! And their house is amazing. Really old and just wonderful. ANd Ruth's house is so pretty and very homey. And smells so good too. We were in the harvest swap and got each others names so I thought it would be fun to go take hers right to her. It was a beautiful day. Thank you Ruth!

I walked Monday with my lady friends. Couldn't yesterday because I went to Ruth's and was going to walk this evening but had cow troubles. Again! Those darn heifers are more trouble than they're worth I think. I got home and Roxie was out in the other pasture where she is NOT supposed to be. I went over to see how she got out. There is about a 15' section at the end by the road that had been torn down. Even barbed wire was broken. But the strange thing was that Mazie was not with Roxie. She was in the pasture where she was supposed to be. I was very proud of her. So called for help and my SIL and Heather and Kansas came to get them over to the other pasture. Had to fiz more fences. So I got my excercise but in a different way than I had planned.

I am so glad to see hHannah and Megan here. Nice to know that teenagers are concerned about their health. I hope ya'll keep it up! And win soem games, Megan!

Michele, I hope the allergies don't bother you for long. That does make it hard to get outside. I hope you get to walk some. It's getting cooler here.

Ya'll have a great night.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2010 :  5:41:52 PM  Show Profile
I walked about two miles today, the farthest I've walked since having my knee surgery. It was a beautiful day--sunny, not too warm, not too cold, just perfect in every way. It felt good to get out and walk, I was starting to get worried cause I gained some weight when I couldn't walk. Kris, I hope them cows of yours learn to behave! It's good that Mazie didn't wander, hard to corral a stubborn cow. I had to chase down a goat once and that little stinker led me all over. But they can provide good exercise....just not the kind we'd anticipated.
Cindy

"There is more to life than increasing its speed". Mahatma Gandhi

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2010 :  5:59:24 PM  Show Profile
Well, I think I definitely did some walking today! Our annual school fundraiser is doing a seven mile walk, and I walked all seven miles! Then I had rugby practice, where the coaches conviently decided to start running again! It was crazy! But it was good for me. Cindy, that's great! You go!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2010 :  7:23:23 PM  Show Profile
Hey Cindy. It was a beautiful day here too. It makes me want to get out there and walk and work and do stuff. I am so glad you were able to enjoy it. The "girls" were very good today. Thanks. They stayed in the pasture. There is plenty for them to eat there. I will ahve to get another round bale for them over there soon.

Megan, wow! That's alot of walking, girl. I bet you are just pooped today. You can maybe rest this weekend I hope. Take it easy.

I walked this morning with the other ladies. It was really nice. I love that walk in the woods. There is so much to see there. I love it. My mom will be able to walk with us in a few weeks. I am so excited for her to come. It's going to be about 45 tonight. I like that.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2010 :  7:31:20 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness!! I have been doing the happy dance with this weather.!! It is fair week here, so I haven't been walking outside, but have spent the last 2 nights at the fair, walking for 2+ hours... Does that count??? I promise I only ate one ribeye sandwich!!!!
One more day left!!! We have the best fair here. It is called the Little Ohio State Fair, since even though we are in the boonies, we have the best fair next to the state fair.. & I agree!!! Food, rides, animals, & local friends!! Does it get any better????
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2010 :  4:49:26 PM  Show Profile
Lisa, I think walking at a fair definitely counts!
Kristin, I was pooped, but then yesterday I had rugby, and today a game. Then I took my doggie for a two mile walk, but now she might a strain on one of her paws:( But I got my exercise today!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2010 :  5:00:29 PM  Show Profile
I walked yesterday at the track - but outside in the parking lot as it was Beautiful and felt so refreshing!
Today Dave and I went to Sevierville to a Vintage VW show and walked for a few hours, hope that counts - it was another glorious day in the mountains!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2010 :  5:14:01 PM  Show Profile
Lisa, your fair sounds good. When I lived in S. Ga. we had a county fair with the rides and everything. I loved it. It came in Oct. I haven't been in years. I went to the county fair here but it's mostly just food and crafts. There were the animals and the exhibits. But now rides. We had to ride school busses to the fair. It was horrible. They are not made for adults! I was claustrophobic. I am so glad you are having a good time.

I walked this evening. It was a beautiful day. Just perfect. It was almost dark so I didn't go too far.

How is everyone else doing? I know where Ruth is this weekend. I wish I could have gone. They went to a VW show in Tn. Lucky her. I bet they will be doing alot of walking there.

Kirs

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2010 :  5:17:51 PM  Show Profile
Ruth, I missed you! I had it on this page and took a shower then came back and posted. Then there you were! So ya'll just went for the day then? Did you take pictures? Did you see lots of cute little bugs? I bet there were so many of them. I want another VW bus-camper. And another bug. I love them.

Megan, I hope your dog is ok. She may need a good soak in Epsom salts.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2010 :  6:30:40 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Kris. She's getting older, but it's still scary, because we don't know what happened.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2010 :  06:50:54 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
So has anyone lost any weight yet? I think I lost about 3 pounds but I really don't have much to loose. Off to walk for an hour. :)
Hugs!!
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl, farmgirl,loggergirl, trying to live her dreams. :)

P.s. I've been playing around with the spelling of my name ( weird I know) and I've decided that I will stick with Hannah for good. Sorry I got you all confused. Hugs!!
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2010 :  07:56:34 AM  Show Profile
Hey ya'll. It's a beautiful cool crisp fall day here. I am loving this so much. But it is a bit nippy. I have to close the windows at night. Or else start wearing flannel.

Hannah, I do feel like I have lost a little weight. And maybe a few inches. I really need to watch what I eat. I love bread and sweets. That is my downfall. I have stuff to make salads with but everything else is so much better. I do think I will have salad for dinner today. I have some cranberriers and walnuts and pears and some gorgonzola cheese with good salad mix and raspberry vin. dressing. That is the best salad. And I feel like I get my sweets too.

Me and a few others are going to start walking every morning now. I am so glad. I really need the extra walking time. And the weather's greta so I am not sweating and it's much easier to walk. And the whole walk is just beautiful. We'll be able to see the leaves changing soon.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. And that ya'll got some good walks in too.

Megan, how's the dog today?

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2010 :  6:07:33 PM  Show Profile
Hey Kris! She's doing a lot better; walking and going up and down the stairs is a little easier for her. But alas, I'm coming down with a cold, so I'm not able to do anything:( No rugby probably. But I'll still cheer ya'll on!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2010 :  6:29:26 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I started walking today. I did a half a mile. Would have done a mile, but I fell yesterday and landed on my hands and knees. It didn't keep me from walking.

My blood pressure was up at my doctor's appointment on Friday. I am needing to lose weight too. So my doctor and I have agreed on a 1/2 hour walk at least five days a week.

So here I go!!!

50 pounds to go.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2010 :  7:40:17 PM  Show Profile
Megan, get some elderberry syrup and start taking it. It will keep your immune system strong and you'll be able to fight those bad germs better. But rest and take it easy til you feel better.

Hey Amy. Yay for you! What a great doctor. I'm surprised you weren't put on BP meds right away. Most doctors would do that. This will help you so much. I will be cheering you on girl! You can do this. And the weather's getting really nice now. You will probably want to go farther. Oh, I am so glad you didn't break anything when you fell. I hate falling. It's really scary the older I get. I have too much to do to get hurt anymore. And no one to do it for me. So keep it up. You can do this!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2010 :  8:11:52 PM  Show Profile
Amy, welcome!
Kris, I honestly don't know where I went wrong on this. I take my vitamin every morning with my orange juice, and I exercise and eat right. Maybe it's the fact I don't get my sleep every night... :\ Have to work on that!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2010 :  06:33:53 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Did a mile today!!!!! I am so proud. I almost felt like doing another circle on the track. But I will give it a day or two. I don't want to push it.

Drinking lots of water, eating six small meals, taking my vitamin every night. I take my thyroid in the morning, that is why I take the vitamin at night.

This lovely cool weather is very much helping.

Have a wonderful day.

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2010 :  08:06:28 AM  Show Profile
Yay Amy! You are doing so good for only a few days now. Don't you feel good already? I know I do.

Megan, that really makes a big difference if you don't get the right amount of sleep. It lowers your resistance to all kinds of viruses and germs. Your body can't fight them off then. So you probably need at least 8 hours of sleep a night with all you are doing right now.

We have started to walk every day now. One of the ladies wants to lose 10 more pounds so she wants to walk every day. We could only go half way because it's fall break this week and Kansas came early this morning. It was really cold too.

I hope everyone has a great day and enjoy this great weather.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Mama Jewel
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Jewel
Sweet Peas Farmette, Bend, OR
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2010 :  09:11:39 AM  Show Profile
Amy, that's great! Here's to your health!! Kris, we're getting that wonderful nippy weather here, too. Lots of frost on the grass. The autumn colors have really lasted around here this year, which I'm so glad for. Did some gardening exercise (lol) & pulled up the potatoes. My son said it was like looking for buried treasure (lol). Hope to get to planting some carrots & more lettuce soon. Also hope to grab my thermos of tea & go for an autumn stroll later today, too. Happy walking, everyone!

Farm Girl Sister #1683 Living Simply & Naturally on our lil Sweet Peas Farmette
"Do Everything in Love." 1 Cor 14
http://www.piecemama.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2010 :  4:10:11 PM  Show Profile
Kris, don't I know! I do try though! Hopefully tonight without rugby I'll be able to get a little more sleep, and then I also don't have to go into school tomorrow until 9:50! Definitely get some good shut eye tonight.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2010 :  8:51:07 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hope you get better soon Megan!!
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2010 :  6:42:47 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Hannah! I feel loads better today, and I even did rugby today! I'm going to play tomorrow, which I'm definitely glad about!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2010 :  06:38:01 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Did a mile today. I am feeling better.

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic I Started Walking Today Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page