Page: of 18

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2010 :  08:17:36 AM  Show Profile
Wow! too much to catch up on! Hugs to all. With cooler weather coming on, I'm going to try to get my reluctant sweetie to go on evening walks with me. We both need the exercise and energy (puffweezepuff)
Keep walkin' ladies! it is sooooooo good for you and it don't cost a darn thing to do! (unless you go in on all of the pro walking gear , that is)
I'm with ya Kris...I wheeze and puff too LOL! but we will be tougher gals for the effort!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2010 :  5:10:15 PM  Show Profile
Hey Annika. I am so glad you are joining us here!! It is so fun. I am having a good time with all my walking buddies. And I love checking in here to see everyone's progress. Yeah, those shoes are very expensive. I just wear regular clothes. And one of the ladies brought us all orange bandanas so we won't be shot out in the wilderness trails. It's bow season ans that's where we are walking. Right in the middle of the hunting ground. But I think they'd know a bunch of talking women! I just hope we don't get plowed down by a running deer!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2010 :  09:25:20 AM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Walked yesterday 2 miles moved pine needles around the fall plants to keep them most while we are gone on our trip for it is very dry here. Then washed the camper down out side. I was so tired I did not open any mail or PC.

No word from Jewel yet? I sure hope and pray things are better for her.

I need to look for the receipe did not see it I may have over looked it.

Today my arthur in my arms has hit me hard if I don't rest I will have a bad vacation. Getting old is not easy sometimes. Lilly

learning the life I always wanted.
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2010 :  5:56:30 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls, I went to my daughters yesterday for some "girl" time. Then today we went to Stone Mountain Park to the Yellow Daisy Festival. I walked and walked, and it was so hot! But, I can really tell a difference since Dave and I have started walking. Much easier now than when we started! So it is helping all the way around. I really enjoy it too!
Ya'll keep up the good work - happy walking!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2010 :  06:02:06 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ya'll! I think we might have gotten a little tiny shower last night. It was HOT here yesterday. In town at the State Farm it said 99 on the thermometer. It felt like 125.

I had an email from Jewel yesterday. She said she couldn't find this thread. But her hubby's home and they are getting out a little every day. She didn't say what is wrong with him though. So he still needs prayer. I hope to see her here.

I had some unexpected money fall in my lap a few days ago. Most of it I used to get caught up on this pile of bills. But I have about $500.00 left to get started on my little house. I want to get paint and new flooring and some porch rails. I hope I can stretch it a long way. I have got to get it ready to have people come stay for weekends. So it can be making us money. And with fall coming on fast it will be too beautiful to waste having it empty. So wish me luck on getting it ready. There's a guy up the road that needs work. I think I will go talk to him and see what he's charge to do some of it.

I didn't walk yesterday because it was just way too hot. Even last night it was boiling. I will go later this evening. I hope everyone else is able to get out and enjoy this beautiful day.

Ruth, I missed you. But it looks like you and your DD's had a great time together.

Lilly, are you ready for your trip yet? It's alot of work packing and getting everything loaded, isn't it?

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2010 :  07:34:37 AM  Show Profile
kris so glad you got some money. wow it can be fun to paint and fix up things. i have a little housetoo. i am going to make it a milk and cheese house. i am hoping to paint my house inside this year. i use 0 voc paints. non toxic and no smells. what colors are you going to use. i think i am going to do a lighter color. i have a doe skin color now. happy days walking girls sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2010 :  09:35:10 AM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
It's rainiing here we need it so great. Kris the camper is Yes, we are mostly packed and ready. Monday is last minute things and getting the dog to the sitters. I am glad Jewel got in touch with you and that things seam to be better. Lets hope this time is it. I will keep in touch as much as I can. Thanks again for the bread recept in the slow mail by postal. Lilly

learning the life I always wanted.
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2010 :  12:32:10 PM  Show Profile
Lily, Have a fun, safe trip! The getting ready is not much fun, but the trip is well worth the effort. Looking forward to hearing about your trip as you can let us know.
Kris, Yea, unexpected money, what a blessing! Do ya'll have a Re-Home store there? It's run by Habitat for Humanity. You can get all sorts of "stuff" there for a good price. We got our front door there. It's hit n miss, you never know what they might have though!
If we have one in Blue Ridge, I'm pretty sure they'd have one in your area, maybe Chattangooga.
Also Home Depot/Lowes has the "Oops paint" at a great price.
Haven't walked today, Sunday School and Church this am. Think I'll work in the yard this afternoon as it has cooled off alot, like 15 degrees since yesterday. I'm feeling a little Fall in the air
Happy walking ya'll!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2010 :  07:49:46 AM  Show Profile
Sherry, I have to paint the little house a pretty green on the outside. It's just my very favorite color. The inside will be a cream or taupe color. Something neutral. I don't even know where to start. I guess I need to get everything out of the house first. I hope you get yours done too. It's nice to have an extra kitchen.

Lilly, I hope ya'll have a great time on your trip. I sure wish I could go somewhere. I think I am going to take off one day in a few weeks for the day. I might go up to visit Ruth. It is beautiful where she lives. I am already seeing splashes of color on Lookout Mt.

Hey Ruth. Yes, there is a store like that in Chatt. I have been there and gotten a ceiling fan for $1.00 that's in the little house now. I was at Lowe's the other day checking out paint colors.

I just got back from walking with the ladies. I was having a hard time this morning keeping up with the "fast walker", Charlotte. So I had to let her go on without me for awhile. My left shin was hurting. I had not walked since last Friday when I walked with her and another fast walker. I should have walked last night but didn't. I worked on a scarf. When it gets cool like this, I want to crochet. I am going to get started on another one in a few minutes.

Ya'll have a great day. It's actually nice here again. Yesterday was beautiful in the afternoon. I opened windows again and they are still opened! It's clear and not humid at all so far.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2010 :  2:37:36 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Girls, Just wanted to update you all. :)
I started walking today with my mom and sister and we decided that we would walk every other day. :) I have dance in between those days so I should be working out 6 days a week. :) Hope you are all doing well! Will write more when I can.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

mickib
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Michele
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
267 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2010 :  5:12:16 PM  Show Profile
Kris, you asked where I hike. Mostly in the hills and mountains near where we live (maybe 1/2 hour away). Hubby is gearing up for hunting season, so I've been spending my weekends scouting elk with him. This last weekend I went with him and sat in his blind and listened to the elk, though they were pretty hard to see. Hiking with him is a lot more work than walking. He likes to go straight uphill-doesn't think he needs a trail!

Ruth, what is a Yellow Daisy Festival?
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2010 :  6:01:55 PM  Show Profile
Michele, The Yellow Daisy Festival is a huge arts and craft show at Stone Mountain, GA - Stone Mtn is a large granite mountain with carvings on the side of it. If you have a minute check it out on the web.
Kris, You come anytime you want to, just give me a days notice, so I'll be here - we can go to Mercier's and maybe the German Bakery (they are only open Wed - Sat) Thrift shops too! Come for the day!
Channah, So good to hear from you - been missing you so much. Glad you are joining us in our walks - it must be fun to dance. What type of dance do you do? I can line dance and square-dance.
We are going to Atlanta tomorrow, so won't get a chance to walk - but shopping for Snack in the backpack - good exercise there!
Happy walking ya'll
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2010 :  7:17:25 PM  Show Profile
Channah, I am so glad you and your mom and sister are all walking together. You should be in great shape with all your dancing too. What kind of dance classes are you taking?

Michele, have ya'll gotten any elk yet? I would love to try some. But none around here. We have some big ole deer though. Ya'll be careful out there.Sounds like some beautiful walks. I would love to see pictures.

I am so excited to come see you, Ruth! Just say when. Any day except Tuesday will be good for me.

I walked tonight. By myself. With all the cows and horses all over. The people across the road have 17 horses. That's alot of horses. Plus a big herd of cattle. They must have gotten a few bulls. They were in the front pasture with some of the horses. The cows have been mooing loudly for a few days now. I thought maybe they had taken babies away. Now I am thinking they all may be in heat. But at the same time? Anyway, there are a bunch of cows around here.

When I got back from my walk, I had to mend some fence or my 2 cow girls might be across the road soon. We have very old wooden fence at the front of the pasture. Mazie has already knocked a few boards off. All she has to do is lean a little and she'd have it down and off she'd go. So I got them back on. Hopefully that'll hold them awhile longer. Til they find another weak spot. It's been so dry nad all the grass has dried up. They are just looking for greener pastures.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Mama Jewel
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Jewel
Sweet Peas Farmette, Bend, OR
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  11:04:01 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! My husband's home from hospital for a week now (as of today!) and he had his appt w/the pulmonary doctor & he said that even though his oxygen levels are low, they have improved! He's not using oxygen at home & we've been taking small *walks* <---Yes!! to try to open up his lungs. Walking is sooo important to keeping healthy. It's good to be back on the MJF boards & start to work towards some normalcy again. It's good to see all you ladies out there walking and breathing in this wonderful autumn crisp air.

Ruth, the Daisy Festival sounds like fun. You square dance? That's on my bucket list. Sounds like good, fun exercise

Farm Girl Sister #1683 Living Simply & Naturally on our lil Sweet Peas Farmette
"Do Everything in Love." 1 Cor 14
http://www.piecemama.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  11:04:23 AM  Show Profile
Lilly, I know you are on your trip right now. I just got your package today. That is a cute skirt! Thank you SO much. I love it. I suppose you made it. And it looks like it would be an easy pattern too. Thank you so much. I hope ya'll are having a great time so far and all is well. You are just too sweet. Thanks again.

Is anyone walking? It's pretty quiet around here the past few days. It's been really hot here. Had to turn the AC back on. I have been doing alot of yard work. Cutting weeds and vines off fences. Mowing. Planting fall plants. I need to find a place to plant some onions and Brussel sprouts today. I have also been cleaning. I washed some windows yesterday. Now I am vacuuming and sweeping and sucking up all the cobwebs and dog hairs all over. I cannot believe how very messy this house has become. It needs a thourough top to bottom cleaning. So I need to get busy already.

Yesterday on our walk, Jennie took us back through the woods where they have alot of places like a pavillion and ampetheater and several walking trails for their campers. It seemed like every time we looked there was a more beautiful view. It's at the foot of Lookout Mt. So peaceful and serene there. Ponds and creeks. Just amazing. I want to live back there. Anyway, just a beautiful place for walks. I am going to walk on Tuesday and Thursday in the evening back there.

Happy walking, ya'll!

Kris

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

mickib
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Michele
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
267 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  12:42:41 PM  Show Profile
I have walked in the house at night the last two days. I have a step from when I did aerobics back in the day and I just use that while I watch TV. I figure it's better than nothing. Of course, I can't go more than 10 minutes without a break!

Kris, I don't know how you southern gals manage with that heat. We're so cheap we don't even have AC, but we only need it for a week or 2 each year. Oh, and no elk yet. Saw them, but too far away to shoot with a bow. Rifle season starts in a few weeks, so maybe then. The truth is, we don't need the meat. There's just the 2 of us, so we will probably give most of it away if he does get one. I just go along for the ride, don't actually hunt. The place you walked yesterday sounds lovely. How nice to have a place like that to walk.

Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  12:56:09 PM  Show Profile
I feel like I have been away from you ladies for way too long--my DH is dealing with a nasty case of histoplasmosis and things have been crazy between picking up some of his chores plus my regular stuff.

One of "his" things that I ended up doing was getting a bat out of house! Now, I had not done anything with bats before and i was sweating buckets before it was all over. LOL.

Anyway, DH and I took a slow paced walk at lunch today to get him out a bit. It was peaceful. We got a little rain overnight and the breeze was warm but refreshing.

Big thank you to Kris for the SCOBY I got in the mail today. Got my first batch started and am excited to try it. I hope DH will try it cause I think it will be good for him too. In a few weeks, I'll have a "daughter" to share.

I started a gratitude journal today because it can be too easy for me to focus on the difficult stuff and not my blessings. There is an entry in there already for you ladies. Thanks for being here.

We can do no great things; only small things with great love - Mother Teresa

Star - farmgirl sister #1927
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  3:19:24 PM  Show Profile
Hey Jewel. We must have been typing at the same time. I didn't see you til now. Your hubby seems to be doing better. That's good he's walking a little. Autumn does seem to make people breath easier. It helps me for sure. Although at the moment it seems like the middle of summer. I am sweating buckets. I have been pulling weeds and planting onions and Brusslessprouts. Plus chasing turkeys and whacking bad cows. And trying to stay out of the sun, which seems to be very hard for me to do.

Michele, I sure wish you could ship elk meat. I would love to have some.

Starletta, what is it with husbands latley? Now yours is sick? I have never heard of that. I am so glad you got the kambucha. I love that stuff. You have to taste it after about a week to see if you like it. It tends to get very acidic if left too long. That's so neat that you have started a gratitude journal. It really helps put things in perspective doesn't it? I am so glad we can all be a part of it too.

Ya'll are doing great!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Mama Jewel
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Jewel
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  5:48:13 PM  Show Profile
Starletta, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband being ill. I've never heard of histoplasmosis. I sure hope he gets to feeling better soon. Eek, a bat! I bet that was unnerving. Kris, so you've got naughty cows? (lol) A gratitude journal is a great thing! I need to dig mine out & start using it more consistently. Happy walking!

Go to Top of Page

KathyC
True Blue Farmgirl

583 Posts

Kathy
Gastonia NC
USA
583 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  6:51:31 PM  Show Profile
I don't get much time to post, don't have internet at home so I'm on mostly while eating lunch. I have time to read but not to post. Just wanted to let you ladies know that you are keeping me motivated. I don't walk at this time but I am more mindful of my eating habits and am changing them little by little. I also do exercises at work during the day. If I'm waiting for the printer, copier, fax or whatever I am doing leg exercises or balance things or stretches of some sort. If I working with a customer at the front counter, I no longer just lean on the counter, I stand up straight, tummy in, shoulders back. If its not busy sometimes I walk the office from the front to the back for 10 minutes or so, will do funny walking, great big steps or tiny steps for walking on my toes, or lifting my knee really high. My dog thinks it funny and will walk along with me jumping up and down. Its only my hubby, the dog and I, so no other workers to think I'm crazy.

Kris- Your little house sounds like fun, would like to come down and visit and work with you around your farm for a couple of days. I don't know if I could keep up with you but would like to milk goats, make soap, sourdough bread, kifer and all the other things you do around there.

Have fun and keep up the good work!

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  7:49:56 PM  Show Profile
Jewel, yes, I have naughty cowgirls. Mazie is the worst. And she looks at me like a naughty cow too. Like, "what, I'm not doing anything wrong" kind of look. Then hangs her head in shame. She's so funny.

Kathy, come on down any time! I am always needing help around here. It looks like you are doing great with all the things you do while you are at work. That's cute about your dog too. Good for you!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2010 :  6:02:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls, Are we walking?????? Dave and I have slacked the last couple of days and I feel it! Hope to get back to it, maybe tomorrow afternoon or definately Monday am! DH hurt his elbow doing something, its red and swollen, so there might be a doctors visit on Monday, hope it's better by then!
I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!!!!!!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2010 :  6:04:12 PM  Show Profile
Hey walkers!! I'm still here! Walking at least 4 days a week, average 10-15 miles weekly.
Just busy with other junk...
Need to up that number to 20-30
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2010 :  07:16:01 AM  Show Profile
Hey Ruth. It has been awfully quiet here lately. I am so glad ya'll are still going at it. I have not been since Wed. I know, that's so bad. But I have been busy. I wanted to go yesterday but didn't. So maybe me and my mom will go this afternoon.

Hey Lisa. It looks like you are going strong. That's about how much I have been going too. I need to go farther. If I walked 3 miles every day that would be better. I just need to make myself. I am working on homemade Christmas gifts this year and am really getting into that. I want to make at least 1-2 things every day. That way I won't have to rush a week before. I can't believe I even feel like doing this.

I hope all is well with Jewel and Starletta's hubby's. This cooler weather is so nice. Way less humid.

Right now I am dripping blood. Those darn turkeys keep flying over the fences. Awhile ago they were way up front and flying over the front fence. They'll be on the road soon. SO I have chased them back in 3 times already and gotten a few scratches. But this last time I grabbed one and he got me twice across the left forearm. Dripping blood like crazy. I washed it real good and have it wrapped in papre towel til it quits bleeding. Then I'll put Neosporin and a big bandage. Darn, I hate getting hurt. I am tired of always having a bandage on somewhere. I am going to clip wings tonight after they roost.

Happy walking!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Mama Jewel
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Jewel
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2010 :  2:49:54 PM  Show Profile
Ouch! Kris, that's horrible. Neosporin is great stuff. Been doing light walks in our home as it's been pouring rain & I came down with pneumonia (so docs have given me same meds as husband). I figure it's a work out to go from kitchen to laundry room & check on my boys upstairs, etc. Everyday my husband's very slowly getting better (hoping & praying). Docs say it'll be 4 to 6 mos. before he gets back to normal. Ruth, sorry to hear about your dh's elbow. It's been pouring rain here (very cozy). Looking forward to hearing about everyone's walking adventures. Has anyone made a goal that they've reached yet?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic I Started Walking Today Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page