natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2010 :  12:17:02 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all so much! I am goin to a canning class tomorrow and I am so excited! I have canned tomatoes and jellies and helped prep other stuff for cannin, but I've never done it myself before. I am gonna learn pickles, green beans, and tomato sauce. Then, I'm supposed to teach jelly to the other girls in a few weeks. That's got me nervous, but put me in front of a stove with a big wooden spoon and a pan full of fruit and I am in my element! I have made all the jelly recipes and most jam and butter recipes I could find. I have a few of my own recipes and some my dad made up that are really special. I am gonna try marmalade this year for my Hubby. He hasn't had it since his nan passed away 3 years ago. I have bought every brand I could find, even orderin some from europe! He hated all of them. His mom found his nans recipe this spring and she says it's too complicated for her, so I now have it! I'll see what I can do with it once the gardening is done.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

earthmamaT
True Blue Farmgirl

96 Posts

Tammy
portola California
96 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  12:16:48 PM  Show Profile
Angela ~ I understand where you are coming from! You have gotten some great advice. I had 5 kids at home, homeschooled, gardened,and had a lot of other todos. You are so right to get organized. That is the first key ~ decluttering. I also had a schedule that I went by. I gave myselfe a couple of hours in the morning to do household chores ( with kids helping) ~ during this time we made beds, washed dishes, & general pick up through out the house including wiping down bathroom sinks & mirrors & start a load or 2 of laundry. This made the house look better and me feel better. Then we would do sit down school work followed by lunch. After lunch was then my big clean project ~ this is a room where it was cleaned from top to bottom. Then we would do a little more school work and go outside to work in the garden or inside as needed. This afternoon school work can be canning, working in the garden, cooking ( I used this time for the kid to get hands on science, math, reading, ect). By keeping things picked up it kept me from feeling so overwhelmed and more was accomplished!

Tammy ~
"Be the change you want to see in the world" Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Leilaht
True Blue Farmgirl

155 Posts

Elizabeth
Highland MI
USA
155 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2010 :  09:00:11 AM  Show Profile
Great job Angela! I am by nature a neat person, but my husband and daughter are pigs. I am constantly having to remind them to put things away. I don't bother to make my bed because I am just going to mess it up again. I always tell them if you don't drop it on the floor you won't have to pick it up. When we lived in the trailer I got worn down from fighting with them and it looked awful when we moved. I hadn't realized just how nasty it was. Now that we are in a house everything is going to stay clean and organized if it kills them! LOL

I am ADD though, so I end up doing 3 things at once. I just have to remind myself to finish them all before I start something else.

Liz

Strength and honor are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.

Proverbs 31:25
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic How Do You Do It? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page