Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Chronic health problems/injuries
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Chronic health problems/injuries Next Topic
Page: of 21

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  3:55:16 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone! I hope the days are going fairly well for everyone? Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2010 :  10:45:57 AM  Show Profile
good day all, well i have been so busy. with our new calf and milking. whew. we are hanging in there with being sooo tired. its all good. we have fires on 3 sides of us. we are a long way from them. they are bringing smoke in so i am going to be so limited to what i can do outside. bad air. so i shall clean house and laundry today. hope you are all we.. marsh you are so busy girl. good job getting things organized. happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2010 :  11:31:01 AM  Show Profile
Good Day Ladies!
More good news to share with you. Our town will be reopening our farmers market/public market Sept. 18 and they called me from my email to see if I was still interested in bringing my crafts and Watkins products.
This will be great to see if the area is into handmade things and Watkins. My dd and dh will be working the booth while I work at home making more things to replace whatever sells.

Sherry, hope the air clears there soon. I know how that is we have wild fires annually and that keeps me in doors for another reason. This year not to many thankfully. And, now with the daily hard rains we've had none that I've heard of.

Linda and Brenda,
Hope you are both well and right as rain. lol

Linda you should open an etsy, the listing fees are very low and if you join a team like the one I did CSSTeam you will get more exposure and tips. The more inventory you can put the more sales you will have too.

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
www.watkinsonline.com/rjaramillo
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2010 :  4:17:30 PM  Show Profile
marsha that is so great. i too hope all you girls are doing good today???i am in for sure. gotta go milk and feed. sooo very smokey now. plus now big winds. so those firefighters are working hard today. thanks to all the folks that help. those that cook the meals and provide showers for the firefighters. wow big jobs happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2010 :  7:35:25 PM  Show Profile
Hi Girls, how is everyone today? I've been very busy this week, took mom to her heart dr. Tues. and he wants to do a angioplasty(my spelling is awful) so we ran yesterday getting test run before the procedure tomorrow. Shes schuduled at 11:00. I would greatly appreciate your prayers. As she is 86 and therefore kind of scary. But I know the Lord is taking care of all things and it gives me peace to believe he knows best. Well off to bed, it's going to be a early morning tomorrow. Hospital is 1 hr. away and they want her there 1 1/2 hrs ahead of appt. Take care and talk later.
Hugs, Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2010 :  7:52:32 PM  Show Profile
Know that you have our prayers, Brenda! We will be thinking of you. Sherry, you as well. Being from Calif, know all too well the destruction and heavy smoke the wildfires bring. Marsha, thanks and will look into it. Good luck with all you are doing! Take care everyone. Let us know how things go. Blessings, linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2010 :  5:00:09 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening Gals! Hope everyone is relaxing and getting ready for the weekend. Brenda my Mom had one done a few years back and it was an ordeal with the being perfectly still for a day. They have newer methods but just depends on if the doc. order it and if the insurance will pay for it.

I'm having a sale for Sept. in my two etsy shops. Didn't have any sales in August unless something happens in the next four days. lol
So, please check it out if you've been eyeing something. hint, hint!

Everyone rest up and see ya back here on Monday. My back is hurting and my liver so will be on the couch for the next few days. Rest is the only thing that helps. No pills for me.
Hugs and Love,
Marjean

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2010 :  09:01:58 AM  Show Profile
Hello ladies, Marsha, hope you feel better soon. Brenda, hope things are going ok for you and your mom. Sherry, how are you doing? Hope the weekend goes ok for us all. Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2010 :  11:04:18 AM  Show Profile
My son in law is having minor surgery tomorrow. So one of my daughters and I will have my grandkids here for a few days. It will be a bit busy so I wanted to 'drop by' the site and say hello to everyone. Hope all of you are doing ok and things are alright. Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2010 :  11:41:18 AM  Show Profile
Happy Tuesday everyone!! Mom had her procedure and did well. They didn't even keep her overnight. I spent the night with her. The arterys and stints she had done several years ago are all ok. It's the little veins that are closing off. So there was really nothing they could do for her. Changed and added new med's hopeing that will help. If not the only other thing to do is surgery. And at her age they don't want to. So praying that the med helps her out. Thank you for all your prayers. One of my grandsons is presenting a powerpoint presentation tomorrow and so I got elected to help make costume. Their topic is who is your hero when you were younger. He's a Junior in High School and just turned 17. Well he picked batman because he wore his costume all the time and everywhere. I had no pattern but got picture on internet and drew one on the cardstock and cut it out and covered in black cloth and it didn't turn out too bad. Could of used more time to plan and prepare, but he just decided yesterday he was going to dress up for his presentation. I wish I knew how to post a pic and I'd send you one. We are suppose to get some pretty bad storms this evening and tomorrow. Hope your weather is doing better and having more cooler days. I'm so ready for fall. My body likes it better than this heat we've had this summer. Take care and will check back in soon.

Hugs, Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  08:48:23 AM  Show Profile
Hoping you are all doing well with all the family activities going on. Today is my first real day of going to p.t. we'll see how I do. I'm just going slow and at my pace. They gave my daughter a real work out and she came home sore and tired. But, when you're 19 and healthy they really put you through it. But, for me I could break so I will go slow. lol

Hurricane Earl is drawing all the humidity out of Florida, yeah, so we have had some really nice days this week. Finally, what a difference it can make.

Have a great day ladies, see ya later.

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  07:46:28 AM  Show Profile
Good AM ladies! The weather here is cooling down too. You can sense that fall is right around the corner, hooray!! Hope all are doing well. Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  07:34:38 AM  Show Profile
howdy, linda hows your mom doing? linda hows your son in law? marsha hows the pt going? gads girls we all do have stuff going on right now. i so hope things are going good for all of you???? i know its a busy time. i am sending my HUGS and KISSES and LOVE your way. happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  3:08:06 PM  Show Profile
We had a great 3 day Bible convention and now are resting up from all the spiritual food. I finally am getting caught up on all my swaps and auction mailings. Wow! I've been busy keeping all these packages straight. I only forgot one person in only about 20 people I had to send stuff to. lol

Well, tomorrow is the big day, back to the doc. to see how the cancer is doing. I do feel a little stronger so I'm hoping that is a good sign. Weight still the same but not down and that is good too.
So, I'll report back and let you know her findings. Hope!!!!

Be talking to ya later! Brenda look forward to talking to you on Thursday. Linda and Sherri keep pacing yourself and hope you are both doing great!
xoxox

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  5:59:54 PM  Show Profile
Marsha will be waiting to hear how the appt. goes for you. Prayers are being sent for a really good report. And I am really looking forward to talking with you also. I'm looking forward to getting started with Walkins. It may take me awhile to build the business, but I'll have to see what works best for me. Talk Thurs.

I do pray that this finds the rest of you also doing well. Had a little touch of the flu for a few days, but feeling much better.

Hugs, Brenda

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  7:31:55 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone!! Started a ladies bible study this am and I was blessed. Looking forward to this study. Marsha, we will be praying!! Sherry, how are things going? How is the house situation? Brenda, so glad you are feeling better. As for my mom? The Lord is really showing me a lot and things I should/should not do. I am learning boundaries, and letting go of so much guilt. Have I perfected it all? HECK NO!!! But little by little I am learning, LOL!!! Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2010 :  2:10:36 PM  Show Profile
Howdy! Brenda, Linda and Sherri,
I'm so pleased to report that my cancer is taking a beating from my treatment and I'm out of the woods. YEAH!!!! My digestion is doing what it is supposed to do after 5 long years of healing it. I think getting off the things that was feeding the cancer was the turning point. It gave the medicine more power to overcome it.

Now, I'm on a hunt for dairy replacements. Eating oatmeal and sweet potato without it is just plain dull. I've been using olive oil on other things, but that can only go so far and you get sick of the taste. lol

I came home on top of the world and gave the good news to my family. My dm sent me into an Asthma attack at my doctor's appt. she sprayed a room freshner that nearly did me in. Thank goodness my doctor was still there and immediately gave me something to counteract the reaction. It's never a dull minute when I'm around. My doctor said they should put a skull and cross bones on all chemicals with my name next to it. LOL She is a hoot!!! And, I totally agree.
Now, our goal is to get my weight back to where it should be so my collar bone and spine don't stick out anymore. I started on an enzyme to help me digest proteins, so we'll see how next month goes and if I gain. I'll be doing a happy dance for sure if I do.

Hugs to you all!!!!

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2010 :  6:30:59 PM  Show Profile
Thank the Lord, Marsha!!! I'm already starting the happy dance for you!!!! Such great news!!!! Can you tell I'm so excited for you. You are a strong one and toughed it out. What a blessing!!!!! Girls lets all shout Praise God!!!!
It's always refreshing to get on site and hear such good news. I know you family is feeling the blessing today. Take care girlfriend and work on that weight and they'll never slow you down.

Hugs, Brenda

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2010 :  3:25:55 PM  Show Profile
Marsha, THAT IS GREAT NEWS!!! Praise the Lord!! Keep up the healing process! So very happy for you! How is everone else doing?

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2010 :  08:05:18 AM  Show Profile
howdy farmgirls, so happy things are good for you marsha. hey granny girls sounds like things are fairly ok for you too. i go back to the blood dr. on the 21st. i was very sick yesterday and day before. way tooo big a days. i am more recovered today. if i could just get past this cracked and shifted collarbone and shoulder blade i think it would be good. may i say the milk can that weighs 40 pounds full is no help.lol so my DH papa made me a dolly. i can at least unload at the door and roll the can inside. haying and scooping and milking keep it irritated. we shall see what dr. thinks. i am going for my porphyria and anemia. he will check my chest too. my sis is going with me. we both have this disease.
i was just reading my MJ mag. the article on graditude is so good. i know for me every day is a good day if its above ground. it means i have one more day to make good. i do truly love life with its ups and downs. when i was diagnosed with this i was scared to death. now i can roll with the punches. i know the celiac article made my heart yearn. there were some years when they thought that was my anemia problem. i went on the diet for 2 years. we now know its not that. i just have a problem making and keeping blood. there are so many good things in life to be happy about. last night in the dark feeding sophie her bottle and looking at the trees swaying in the dark. i am so thankful i get to stay here. we send our first house pymt. this week. i thanked my God jah again. there will be no work after this week. so we are nip and tuk but we are here. so i shall fold laundry and rest today as best i can. rest is not my strong point.
I so hope all is well with those that are sick today. i send love hugs and support to you all. happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2010 :  09:48:20 AM  Show Profile
Well, Sherry, first off sorry that I keep spelling your name wrong. I've seen others on here with the same name and kept that in my brain.
I'm so happy to see you have that fighting spirit like I do. I've gone from one health disease to another since I was a kid and even after the cancer I said to myself, ok the Lyme is here to stay in this system of things, but the cancer that we can beat!
And, by goodness with a lot of prayer and good doctoring I did it! That is the thing I love about this kind of medicine. It can catch things in the early stage and nip them in the bud.

And, wouldn't you know I didn't loose one pound with the cancer but now I had food poisoning from fish and got a parasite and have lost 2. So there ya go. But, I'm not gonna think about it just roll with the punches and get back up again. LOL

Well, my Sunday meeting is about to begin at the KH so I will talk to ya later "Granny Girls," that is too cute!

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2010 :  12:37:07 PM  Show Profile
Sherry rest is what you need. It's too bad that you can't just let your shoulder and collarbone mend without all the strain. But we do what we have to do, don't we girlfriend. Just take care and know you are in my prayers.

Marsha, when did you get food poisoning????? Before or after we talked the other day???? You take care of yourself. Prayers are coming your way also.

Well, my other half of granny, Linda, How are you doing today?? You know it's a good thing that we take a break once in awhile from talking on the phone, I laughed so hard the other day, it totally wiped me out!!!!! But not enough to not want to talk again real soon!

I'm doing ok, having company today for dinner and I've been running around here doing things that I have put off. Just found out last night they were coming. Standing up cooking is hard on my back. So I already know tomorrow is a rest day!!!! But other than that I'm doing good. Good enough to have some phone calls! hint hint!!!!!

Well better go and finish getting ready, you all have a nice evening. Prayers for you all!!!

Hugs and Blessings,
Brenda

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2010 :  08:11:37 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning my sister's one and all. I had to get on this a.m. before the quilt class and housekeeper get here to say "hi" and update you on the goings on around here.

Well, Brenda I got the food poisoning after I talked to you and didn't figure on the parasite to go with it, but such is life.
The Lyme disease comes with them so I have been batteling them for 5 years now off and on.
On top of that I have an ear infection that has been going on for 5 years, had it before the Lyme and after I got that my body rejected the RX so there ya go.
Then, when I was in the hospital in '05 getting the battery of tests one was an EEG and the tech. cut my scalp and it got infected under the skin and we didn't know that was what was wrong, but it just ached me all the time and every doctor that looked at it said it looked like a scar.
But, because I kept rubbing it for 5 years it opened it up and I don't even want to tell you what it has done now, but of course spread.
So, with all this going on in my body my doctor nearly fell over when she looked at it all. But, she was positive as always and said this is a good sign that your body is fighting this and trying to get it healed once and for all.
So, she worked up some medicine to kill all the infection and back on the Olive Leaf in hopes it will finally be gone and I can have a healthy head again. lol
Sorry, if it grosses you out, my daughter can't even stand for me to talk about it around her once she had to put the medicine on it she gasped. As long as it doesn't turn into Merca, spelled wrong I know, I will live through this yet to see another day.

Sherry, I completely understand your sentiment on it being a good day to just be alive still and here with your family "above ground".
The one thing I've learned through all of this Lyme business is that as long as you don't have Lyme you can still function half way normal and feel half way normal, but after the Lyme forget it, you'll never feel normal again.

Brenda, I will be calling you soon to chat. Busy with the website and pt and just trying not to over due it right now is a challenge.

Everyone have a great day and we'll talk to ya later.

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2010 :  10:43:39 AM  Show Profile
Well hello ladies! Hope you are all well today. I am happy to report my scalp is healing!! Yeah and my ears, by joe when my doctor says she's gonna do something she does it. They stopped itching and I can now stop picking at them. lol
I'm taking the Olive Leaf every morning and that stuff kills anything. I get it from Nature sunshine if you ever need any. I get mine through Lavonna (windsong) I just signed up as a customer.
Also, Sherry I've got to email you about a wonderful experience I had today you'll be able to relate to.

Brenda and LInda how are those phone calls doing? I get to meet Rise in Feb. her and Michele are coming down to visit her Mother on the west coast how cool is that?

Keep your chin up and your eyes on the prize.
Hugs,
Marsha

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2010 :  06:35:15 AM  Show Profile
Ok, where did you go? Are you all alive? Busy with stuff I know. Me too, but I just have to talk to ya and let ya know I care.

Have you looked at my new website? It is really looking good. We are going to finally get noticed and get the sales we so desperately need.
Brenda you and Linda should talk to Joanna about doing your blog. She is so much fun to work with and she will give you a great farmgirl discount.
My dh and bil are having her build them a website for their remodeling business. So, if you know anyone self-employed that needs help getting work, send them her way.

Hope to hear from you three soon!
xoxox

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Chronic health problems/injuries Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page