Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Chronic health problems/injuries
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Chronic health problems/injuries Next Topic
Page: of 21

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2010 :  07:21:11 AM  Show Profile
good morning girls, yes i have been knee deep in farm stuff. been kicked stepped on pushed over and pooped on since i have been on.lol soooo i am good. nothing broken. would be nice if my cow did not kick. any way. other than a sore foot and butt. i am doing ok. i had a small attack of my porphyria. i do get discouraged when it lasts to long and hurts too much. so now i am up and doing. today i help a friend. tomorrow i help the farrier. so it goes. always and adventure. helen keller said. life is either an adventure or nothing at all. i love a good challenge. the farm is that for sure.
So glad things are going good for you marsha. i received your email last night. so wonderful how jah works in our life. so many fine blessings. always at the right time.
Wondering how our granny girls are. you have always been such an encouragement for me. brenda and linda. when i was so scared about foreclosure. you were there helping me see the good. i thank you for that.hoping you are good today.
So hoping all our farmgirls sisters have a fine day.. happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2010 :  12:13:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi all you precious farmgirl friends!!! Sorry I have been so out of the loop as of late. My son and daughter in Ca are going thru some bad health issues and my emotions and fear have gotten the best of me as of late, I must admit. Been in a pretty dark place emotionally and then instead of reaching out, I tend to shut down. God is in control and we will ride these storms in His grace??!!!! Sherry, did I miss a post? Is all ok with your house?? I cannot tell you how happy I am to hear this1 Thank you Lord!!! Now, continued prayer for health. Marsha, I take olive leaf. Will check out that brand. You continue healing well. Brenda, keep resting after doing too much that day, Lol!!After having such a tought several days, I am seeing the hand of the Lord in so many little things that are precious. Thank you all for farmgirl friendships!! Blessings to all, Linda OH! Will post the blog addresses soon?! Thanks, Marsha for the insight. Will keep that in mind, not sure I can do any extra expenses right now tho.

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2010 :  07:31:35 AM  Show Profile
hey linda sending love and hugs your way. sometimes the dark place gets us. hoping you are seeing the pinhole of light to follow. you are always an inspiration to me. so hang in there. yes we sign papers tomorrow for the house. we got a 2 percent permanent loan. dropped our payment by 900.00 a month. with my disability and spare change we can meet our obligation. the pymt. with taxes and ins. is 1047.00 that cheaper than rent in town. it is such a relief i can not say. papa is home today. job he was on is over. no work ahead. but we will be fine. just knowing i can be here is so grand. happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2010 :  10:02:15 AM  Show Profile
Hey Gals,
Sorry to hear about the health problems with your family Linda. With good medical help you can make it through most stuff, it's just hard on everyone until the person gets better. My thoughts are with you.

Sherry, so glad to hear your good news about your loan. We are in the process of the underwriters and waiting to hear if we get in the "Make your home affordable" program. It has been 1 year since we started the process and now after they review whatever they do for 30-60 days we are supposed to hear back.
I'm just trusting in God and know he will do what is in accord to his will and best for our situation.
I just love the Oct. issue of the Watchtower, it all about prayer and gives 7 things about prayer from who to pray to and how to pray to what to pray for and in Jesus name and what prayers God anwers.
Really wonderful inforamtion to build you up spiritually.

Brenda hope you are doing well and hope to hear how you are doing with Watkins and when you get your first order. The company will send people in your area that call in to you so you won't miss sales.

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
www.watkinsonline.com/rjaramillo
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2010 :  1:57:31 PM  Show Profile
Marsha, you sound better, so glad! Food poisoning is sooo awful! Sherry, I am soooo happy to hear you beat the odds and got the modification!! Praise God!! Thank you ladies, day by day I am trying to turn it all over to the Lord, trust and move forward!! One day at a time, sweet Jesus as the song says!! Have a good afternoon!

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2010 :  07:45:05 AM  Show Profile
marsha are you all better now? i so hope so. i have a friend here whos mom and dad have lyme. is there anything you know that helps. her mom is sooo very sick with it. she is small also and has a hard time keeping weight on. she is in pain and sick to her stomach all the time. they live in calif.
Linda i am hoping things are good for you and brenda today. its always such a hit and miss with the feel good. how are the hubbies doing? papa has a hurt back. he pulled it over a week ago. the older we are the longer to heal. we are doing fencing today. i met some fine young folks at a garden nursery. they are going to help us in trade for plants. i am sooo hoping they know how to work hard
Its been a few days since a post. i hope everyone is having fun. i hope that is why its quiet here. so heres a story for you. you all know i get very beat up farming. my disease causes me to fall a LOT. so i have my whey on my house dolly. papa made it for me. the pot has 3 gallons in it. i get to the golf cart. bend over to put the can on the flatbed. well i put me on top of the can on the golfcart. it must have been a site to see. i was head down flat out. soooo grateful i lived. lol so hit my face my sore knee of course and my stepped on foot. plus a whey bath. well i got up changed my wet clothes and started over. i did not have one new owie. yipee. well gotta go feed sophie. happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2010 :  2:10:00 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon, ladies! Hope all is well! Sherry, oh my gosh. Glad you are ok? Marsha and Brenda, hope all is well. Blessings, Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2010 :  09:50:46 AM  Show Profile
Good Day to you all Farmgirls! I've been busy making up new inventory for the fall season. Out with the spring line and in with the fall line. So, my days are spent on the couch making cards and crocheting dishcloths. Today, I'm going out with my dm nd dd to pick up supplies and errands. Nothing fun really, but just getting out once in a while other than to the doc. is fun.
Sherry I will email you about the lyme recommendations. Poor thing I can really sympathise with them both.

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2010 :  10:01:09 AM  Show Profile
Popping in to say hello. Hope you all are doing well.
My inflammatory bowel disease is wrecking a lot of havoc in my life right now and I've been losing friends due to the fact that I am house bound many days and can't keep up the social end of things. So glad to have you ladies to chat with.

Blessings

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2010 :  07:14:27 AM  Show Profile
goodmorning farmgirls, its going to be a good productive day here. i can feel already. no mishaps so far. of course i have been up all of 30 minutes.lol marsha glad you are feeling good enough to organize. hoping our grannys are good today and the husbands too. yesterday was so fine a day. we decided to try taking belle across the road to graze. worked like clockwork. she was anxious to come home aroung 5 though. she was mooing and running the field. papa watched the road as i brought her up. a car came she stopped and waited with me and then home we came. she milked and went in the barn no problem. very nice.
Annika, wanted to say i know the feeling. i watched a lot of folks fall away from friendship. when i was very sick and could not go and do friends stopped coming by. my true friends are still around through the thick and thin of things. its a hard one to accept i think. i do get lonelt here sometimes being soooo homebound. i have learned to entertain myself with my animals and projects. glad you are here with us. i always enjoy reading your posts. i also know that bowel issues are hard to deal with. it is one of the side effects to my disease. so i am thinking of you and hoping you have an waesome day.
I hope all are doing good today happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2010 :  07:19:20 AM  Show Profile
Sherrye, you are a gracious lady. I hope that you have a splendid day and that it is a good one weather-wise as well.

To all who suffer from ongoing maladies, may your pains be light and your troubles few
Love and light

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2010 :  08:08:35 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning All MY Farmgirl Friends,
Found some great embellishments for my new fall cards and they are turning out so nice. I'll have them up by Friday and you can take a peek.
Sherry, so glad you are having a good day thus far. Keep it up girl.
Linda and Brenda, how ya doing? All is well with you both I hope.
Annika, email me and we can talk, I'd love to be your friend. I have lots of comforting things I can share with you and I'd like to give you my doctor's phone number, she can definetly help you with your illness. She has Crohn's and has helped me get my stomach lining and bowels back working again on their own after a year of not and healed an ulcer all with natural medicine. You have to call her I don't to know anyone is suffering from ill health and loosing friends over it to boot.

I'm like Sherry, my real friends have never left me through all my trials with this imperfect body I have. In fact, they did just the opposite they stayed by my side for months doing all they could to help me stay alive. I'll never forget their love and kindness to me and my family during those dark days.
They were literally dark days because I couldn't stand the light or noise it was the most awfullest experience of my life. All due to my organs shutting down.
Now, I love the light and let it in the minute I get out of bed. I look all over the yard and thank God I'm alive and can stand to see his beautiful light once again.
The Lyme is effected by light and I can only take a few minutes in the sun and I start to feel sick. Plus vitamin-D makes the lyme resistant to antibiotics so you have to limit you intake for that reason as well. I eat eggs every other day and only 2.

Annika, educate yourself on what foods you need to avoid. If you drink sodas thata's big no no for bowel issues. And believe me when I say anything about what works and what doesn't I've been there and learned and my doctor tells me to educate myself since I'm the one who has to live with my actions.

Do a food elimanation where you take one food out of your diet each week and see how you do. Then another until you find the culprit.
Then introduce each one back in one at a time each week and when you have a reaction then eliminate the one you just did. Hope that helps. Dairy is also a big aggrivater to the bowels. Once, I cut it out I've seen great improvement in how I feel overall.
Hoping you feel better real soon.

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2010 :  08:20:20 AM  Show Profile
Marjean you are a sweetheart for helping me out here. I've been up since the middle of the night with tummy trouble. I have cut out caffeine, dairy, a lot of fats and soda-pop
I'm eyeing wheat next and then nuts after that. It is so hard to find the balance. I have inflammatory bowl disease and then I have irritable bowel syndrome too...so anything that I can do to lessen my troubles is a Godsend to me.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2010 :  08:50:59 AM  Show Profile
Annika, I feel so badly for you and your pain. Have you tried the book "Eat Right for Your Type"? You've gotta get it and do the program. In his book all blood types have to go off wheat. I know when I did it stopped my acid reflux. Last time I looked only AB type blood could have it and pork. All other types can't have either one of those.
It really has helped me with my health way back before the Lyme issue came in. I know it will help you and the bonus is it puts you at your perfect weight and you stay there as long as you don't eat the avoids list of foods. It's really easy to follow and my whole family and some of my friends eat this way.
Also, read "Fit for Life" they talk about what food combinations do for your body. I can't eat fruit so it's hard for me to follow that one, but I do try to do some of what I am allowed from their suggestions.

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2010 :  10:26:30 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, ladies! Annika, I am so sorry for all you are going thru!! It is sooo true how our trials can show us who our true friends are!! The farmgirls are the best!! So very grateful for all of you!! Wish we all lived closer. Brenda and I are planning to get together and meet in about a week and a half. Marsha ans Sherry, hang in there and keep taking care of yourselves as best you can!! I am doing ok. I wear the brace more and more. It completely immobilizes the ankle, like a cast? Still deciding on shoes. Might get the rocker kind for the foot with the brace? tThat will make an easier walk, but more danger with stability if I move too quick? So, still trying to figure out what is best for my situation. Brenda is busy with some health probs with her mom, so please keep her in prayer!! Blessings all!

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2010 :  4:51:40 PM  Show Profile
brenda you are in my prayers my friend. sincerely sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2010 :  10:20:54 AM  Show Profile
Hi Brenda,
Sorry to hear your Mom is not well. I'm sending you hugs and blessings to support her through this rough time.
Marsha

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2010 :  8:15:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies, thank you so much for the prayers for mom. She's carrying an infection that they can't quit find where it is. Running temp. off and on up to 102. Blood work shows that she is very low on iron, and blood sugar fell to 50. Blood pressure up. She's getting her third bottle of blood this evening. Thought she'd be home today, but didn't work out that way. So will see how shes doing tomorrow. Lots of prayers. Trying to figure out what we are going to do when we bring her home. I'm on my own with taking care of her and help when hubby and my two grown children can be available. They have families and work, so will hesitate to ask if I think I can manage. But I know that physically I am not up to everything she's going to need help with. Please prya that the Lord shows be what is best to do! I do pray all of you are doing well and will check back when I can. Hugs and thank you, Brenda It is a comfort knowing there are friends that care and sending prayers.

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2010 :  07:15:07 AM  Show Profile
Brenda, you know we are here for you. You are making right decisions, He is guiding you for sure!! Good morning ladies, hope all are well!Blessings, linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2010 :  08:01:05 AM  Show Profile
Brenda wondering how your family is and you? hoping this day is good and kind to all. sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2010 :  6:31:05 PM  Show Profile
Girls, thank you for all the prayers and concerns. It's just crazy how I felt safe letting her live on her own one day and then the next she needs help with everything. We brought her home yesterday afternoon, she wasn't ready, but said she was going home. 2:00 this morning she woke us up, she had fallen and couldn't get up. It was a true miracle that she didn't get anymore hurt than she did. But in the hospital she went. She now can do nothing for her self, She will sit and feed herself, but it wares her out. And she really doesn't want to eat. But getting her up and sitting is more than I can do. I don't know that I have ever had to say "I can't do it anymore" but I really messed my back up this morning trying to get her up and that was with help from DH. But I know for her safety and my own, that I just can't do that part of the care anymore. And they are talking rehab and she says no. She said in a few days she'll be ok. Well I can't be there to care for her and not do those things that need done. So I don't know how this is going to play out. If she won't go to rehab than we'll have to get someone to live in and do the heavy lefting. I've been there for her all my life and it's hard to say I can't do this. But maybe the Lord is trying to say that it's time to have help and let us have time to try to be friends. I don't know, all I do know is she needs help and it's something I physically can't do now. I do hope all you ladies have had a good day, and A wonderful Sunday. And Linda, thank you for being available to me with all the phone calls. Girlfriend, It has helped me get through it so far. Nite, sleep tight. Hugs, Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2010 :  7:51:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh my Brenda, sending out hugs, and lots of prayers for strength and aid for you and your mom. Nite-nite all. May you all have a peaceful, good Sunday

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2010 :  8:06:41 PM  Show Profile
My health has gotten so poor that I can't do a lot of what I love. I'm about fed up with my current doctors and am going to get another team or kick these fellows in the shins until they do something more to help. GRRRRR! Looking forward to feeling well enough to exercise, bake and craft some Homespun Christmas ornaments and gifts !

Thank all of you ladies for being here. Sometimes I get fed up with being ill to the point of needing to vent a little. Thank you all for being supportive. It means a lot to me.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2010 :  02:16:47 AM  Show Profile
Annika I so understand what you are saying. It's like your not asking for the moon, but just some ease to find joy in some of the little blessings that comes so natural for most others. Excercise is suppose to be the best med for your body and yet when you can't, what do you do!!! And just standing up to make a meal, that can be a huge chore. You and all the other girls are in my prayer's that we can all find help with our everyday discomforts and enjoy the things that we love to do that we can share with other's. I do pray that this day will be a better one for all of us. Hugs, Brenda

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2010 :  4:23:12 PM  Show Profile
These health issues are growing more and more with people and it is so effident that we are getting so close to the day when God will bring and end to all this suffering. Won't that be wonderful to see?
I know you will find the help you need Brenda if your Mom has to come live with you. They have lifts you can get put in your home so that you don't have to hurt yourself. You just strap it on her in her bed and off you go. So ask the doctor about that.
I do know how you all feel Annika it is so hard to accept our limitations when you are still this side of 50 for me anyway. Not saying you're a gonner once you past it. ROFL
But, think about it this way. One of my close friends helped me to see things clearly one day. I was feeling depressed about my situation and he looked at me and said: "Marsha, you know sometimes when we pray for God to make the way out, he does it by giving us the endurance to cope with our problem."
And, that is so true with so many of us. We have health issues that will never go away, but he does give us the strength to make it through each day. And, it will get better in his due time. Trust me on that.
Hugs and Blessings to you all!

Farmgirl sister #308
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Chronic health problems/injuries Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page